Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Diary: Relena's Story ❯ Chapter 01 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dear Diary: Relena's Story

By: Mirroredsakura

© Tale Spinners inc.

Koneko-chan says!

This is a little fic I wrote. Each chapter will hold a diary of a character's thoughts and dreams. All flames sent to me will be drenched in water, and laughed at. But comments and criticism I don't mind! oceangirl168@hotmail.com is my email address to all of you willing to send me one. I don't own GWing so don't sue me. Trust me, just don't get any ideas. One more thing to ask of you, the year after Endless Waltz… it is AC 197 isn't it? If not, then, uh… oops? Also, I intend to continue on with a series of other Dear Diary fics, just because I think too many fics that are all for them saying "It's YOU!" one minute, then screwing the next.

Chibi-Relena: *pops onto stage just as introductory speech is finished* Oops. Did I miss it?

Stefani: *checks watch* By twenty minutes.

Chibi-Relena: Oops.

Stefani: *waves her off* Forget it.

Angel: *appears in large cloud of purple smoke* You're being way too lenient with your muses.

Stefani: *shrugs* Better than chaining them to a wall and outfitting for myself a steel-shod whip like you do.

Angel: Hey, it gets the point across.

Chibi-Relena: *behind curtain* *listens* Whip? Muses? Chain? *eyes widen* *zips off for a second* *zips back* *runs up towards the two girls on the stage* Cookie? *holds up plate of cookies*

Angel: *looks down at Chibi-Relena* *takes cookie*

Stefani: *takes cookie*

Angel: *finishes cookie* Maybe you're right. My muses never make me cookies… *stomps off*

Stefani: *high-fives Chibi-Relena* You have proven my point.

Chibi-Relena: Yup! *sideways whisper* No whips?

Stefani: *grimaces* I should hope not!

Chibi-Relena: Okay! *zips off*

Stefani: *walks offstage mumbling* Corporal punishment… geez, where does Angel get all these things?

~*~*~*~

"Happy birthday, Heero."

The eighteen-year-old stared down at the petite form of Hilde Shiebecker standing in the hallway of his apartment building in confusion. The little pixie of a woman was holding out a rather worn out leather-bound book, a white rose adorning the cover, to his face. He could see Duo leaning against the opposite wall of the hallway, and he wondered what kind of stupid joke the young couple was up to.

"It's not my birthday."

Duo rolled his eyes, "Damn, I'll have to remember to write that down on my calendar. 'Heero's birthday not on February 14'. Hilde, baby, we've got to make sure of that when we get home." His girlfriend ignored the wry sarcasm and continued to brandish the book in Heero's face. "Take." she commanded, and the ex-gundam pilot who had blown up several million mobile suits on impulse took the book as meekly as her boyfriend might have when she was in a bad mood.

"How fast a reader are you, Heero Yuy?" she asked, purposely using his full (code) name.

"Why?"

"Just answer the question. Please." She tacked on the ending just to soften the clipped statement.

"Fast."

"I thought so. Duo honey, why don't you explain?"

Duo peeled himself off the wall and came forward, looking perfectly casual, hand slipped into the front pockets of his black jeans. "Today's Valentine's Day."

"Yeah…" agreed Heero slowly, wondering what this was all about.

"Well, we were thinking how a certain young lady with a taste for dark blue and/or pink would enjoy you gift-wrapped and deposited right in front of her."

Heero remained silent, wondering what this was all about.

"Are you going to invite us in?" asked Hilde, breaking into her boyfriend's nonsense explanation. Heero stepped out of their way, allowing them passage into his apartment as they made their way to the black couches that surrounded the TV. Duo settled himself comfortably in one, his girlfriend curled up against his chest, and continued, "Like I was saying, we thought-OW! Okay, I thought of that idea first… but we rejected it considering the fact that you'll probably assassinate us if we ever tried it."

Heero remained silent, but the little demon sitting on his left shoulder whispered in his ear, "Assassination sounds inevitable if he doesn't explain himself soon."

"Anyway, so we came to Plan B. And that would be that book in your hand."

The young man looked down at the thing his hand. "What is it?"

"Always the blunt one aren't ya, Heero?"

He frowned at Duo, "Just give me a straight answer."

"All right, all right… that there's Relena Peacecraft Darlian's diary."

If Heero had been the type to gape, he would've. "How the hell did you manage to take this from under her nose?" he asked, almost amiably making conversation.

Duo raised an eyebrow, "You've tried it?"

Heero shrugged, "No. I've had to take her schedule planner when I worked for that section of Preventers, and I found that difficult enough. I figured it would be harder to steal her diary… if she kept a diary."

Duo rolled his eyes, "The girl's as old-fashioned as they come. She's doesn't log her private thoughts onto her computer you know. Of course she would have a diary."

"Now I'm asking you. How?"

Hilde grinned, crossing her arms self-importantly, "I'm a girl."

"I'm a guy. That told me nothing I did not already know."

Hilde frowned, her moment of glory lost on the rather blunt L1 native. "It should if you're as deductive as everyone says you are."

"I was a soldier, not Sherlock Holmes."

"Fine, fine. Anyway, since I'm a girl, it's easy to find my way into her room during one of my 'girl chats' with her. It was rather easy… admittedly she's a little on the trusting side, but she didn't hide it at all. She just leaves it there in the top drawer of her desk. So I swiped it." she gestured to it, "I figured you could use it."

"Why would I?"

"Well… because…" Hilde fell silent.

Duo took up the flow of words in her stead, looking rather serious. "You like her if you don't love her, so for once, we thought we might consider you doing something nice for her."

Heero frowned, "What can I do? You two are the ones who throw the big parties, not me."

Hilde wrinkled her nose, "A party for Relena on Valentine's Day? When she's all by herself? Don't you think that would make her feel even more left out than she already is?"

Heero shrugged, he hadn't thought about it until the last few minutes.

Duo stood up, "Just read the book, okay Heero? Whatever you decide to do is your own business. We just wanted to give you, and her, a chance."

"Relena Peacecraft is still on Earth." He said finally, "Even if I wanted to, I couldn't see her today."

Hilde grinned, "No way… she's got an important meeting tomorrow here on L1 and she came a day early…"

Heero raised an eyebrow, "You had something to do with this didn't you?"

Hilde winked, "I'm not telling."

The two of them left at an unhurried pace, Hilde, at the door gave Heero a huge smile, "Happy Valentine's Day, Heero." Then they were gone, out the door.

Heero stared down at the book in his hands. Why should he even bother? Relena was strong, she could handle another day without the sight of his pathetic visage. But the thought of the Vice Foreign Minister Dorlian's face was his undoing. He owed her enough to at the least try to do something for her… and the diary just might help him. He settled into his spot on the couch, stretching his legs across it comfortably and began to read.

Behind the door, Hilde and Duo shared a silent high-five before they left the hallway. They'd heard the book fall open in his hands.

February 21, AC 197

Dear Diary,

I had to speak in front of the world leaders. Again. When will this ever stop? He left today, Diary. My not-so-friendly shadow… I guess he left the hospital as soon as he gained consciousness. I'm not surprised if he did… he doesn't seem to be the type who likes hospitals. He hates being helpless. Today at the meeting? It took all my willpower not to look up at him. I don't know why… it wasn't because if I broke eye contact, I would attract all attention from the world leaders to him too. It was probably because of our… our… oh, I don't know what it is. I didn't want to beg him to stay, Diary. He has his own life to live, to figure out what he's going to do now that he doesn't have to fight, doesn't have to kill. And I have my own life, not taking pacifism to the extreme, to build up my own ideals to something this world can actually attain. This… thing we have… a connection maybe, it's not something that just appeared out of nowhere. Perhaps it is from knowing him through the wars, I don't know. But whatever it is, it's real, and I actually believe that, maybe, he'll come back. If not now, if not to me, then someday I just might see him again.

Relena Dorlian

'Relena Dorlian' he thought, so she really had given up the name Peacecraft for good. A connection? No better way to put it really… he had felt her emotions, her thoughts turning to him… and he didn't know why, but he knew she could feel it whenever his turned to her as well… like now. A not-so-friendly shadow? He laughed despite himself… yes, some might call him that. And he knew quite well that she checked up on him as much as he checked up on her.

He went back to the diary in his hands.

February 26, AC 197

Dear Diary,

Trowa came today, him and his sister, the same Cathrine Bloom I've heard so much about. I found out she and the rest of the circus troupe was on the same colony that Dekim Barton had threatened to drop onto Earth. I found out even more background information on that entire plan, the original Operation Meteor, the real Trowa Barton… they told me about it. I don't know why… I hardly even know Trowa and he and his sister come to visit all of a sudden. It was Cathrine's idea, I suppose… she's the one who was so excited about meeting "all her Trowa's friends". Like I said, I'd never before seen him other than on a computer screen when the Sanq Kingdom was searching for him.

I'm off topic. Cathrine is nice… I noticed a little overprotective of Trowa when one of the servants tried to flirt with him. It was rather amusing actually, she began talking to her of her act in the circus, and of Trowa's part in it being strapped down to a whirling circle and her knife-throwing skills. Trowa stayed silent throughout while Cathrine continued to genially offer Trowa's place, and I truly suspect that the choked sound coming from Trowa was a laugh when poor Merry literally scuttled out of the room.

Another thing I've learned about the Silent One (name according to Duo Maxwell) is that he has a girlfriend.

Heero blinked, staring down at the words on the page. Trowa… had a girlfriend? Not even two months after the Christmas incident, and he's already gotten a girlfriend? He went back to reading the small, neat words on the page.

I haven't met her, she didn't come with the two of them, but Cathrine nagged Trowa enough for him to show me a picture of her. She's pretty… platinum blonde hair that could rival Quatre's and/or, Dorothy's, big blue eyes… Her name's Midii Une, he finally revealed to me. She's smiling in the picture, but… I don't know. Maybe it's her eyes… but she just looks so… sad. Trowa said something about meeting her when he was ten… They apparently lost contact for the next six years and then… I don't know. He didn't tell me how he found her, or how she found him.

Romeo is back and he's lying there on my bed like he owns it again. Lovah just tumbled off my pillow and she's currently nothing more than a yipping golden lump. I'd better go now… 'Night Diary. And even if you can't sleep, I have to. Another briefing has suddenly appeared on my agenda for tomorrow and if even one reporter remarks on how tired or how young I am… I'll scream and shove their camera where the creek don't flow. Sorry… I'm tired.

Relena Dorlian

P.S. About that last part… don't worry, Diary, I'll let Pagan restrain me if it comes to that. If it ever comes to that.

Heero nearly wondered just how serious that last part had been. It sounded joking, but with her place in the political ranks… he sighed, from the brief times he'd had to follow her as a last-minute bodyguard, he'd watched her take on all the questions, all the reporters and all the speeches with a smile on her face, and then afterwards… He remembered all too well, that perfectly cultivated mask simply dropped from her face and she always looked rather exhausted and tired of it all. The way she described that girl in the picture… that was sometimes how he thought of her… she might be smiling sweetly, but that echoing sadness in her eyes… Romeo, huh? He thought, smiling, so he's still around… anyone else who read this would've figured she had a new lover. He knew very well how much a romantic Relena was deep inside. She'd named her dog after the Shakespearean star-crossed lover.

March 8, AC 197

Dear Diary,

Vacation! I don't know who it was that pulled enough strings to allow me a two-week vacation, but I have one, Diary! Quatre Winner asked me to come to Arabia… Dorothy is going there too, I wonder why. I always thought she thought he was just a tad too angelic for her tastes. I don't know… I like her well enough, but whenever she sinks her claws into something (or someone) she means business. So I accepted, and despite all the cursed sand that somehow seems to get in every crease of clothing, the place is beautiful. We went to this… small city I suppose in the middle of a desert. They were having a festival of some sort today, and even in the hot sun, we had such fun. They only knew me as Quatre's guest, not the Vice Foreign Minister Dorlian. That's one of the best things I like about Arabia. My anonymity.

Relena Dorlian

From the way it sounded, it would probably have been Zechs and Noin who had arranged the entire thing, although he had a minor suspicion Dorothy played a small part in it too. It didn't matter… did Relena hate her position so much? He'd wondered at her before for keeping the position, and he'd figured it was because she liked the spotlight. But later on, he'd figured out that she'd hated it, now he wondered if she was even able to drop the title as Vice Foreign Minister, and as a new representative of the E. S. U. N.

March 29, AC 197

Dear Diary,

Sylvia Noventa has run away.

Heero's eyes widened as he stared down at the words on the page, Sylvia Noventa? Run? He'd never read of it before… he'd barely even seen of any lack of coverage for the girl, in fact, at that time there had been more than enough articles on her resignation.

Her grandmother was frantic, and strangely, the first person she went to was me, a teenaged girl she knew way back when. She informed me well on the happenings of the girl, and I had to expend all my energies trying to calm her frazzled nerves. The strangest thing that happened however, was just this very night, Sylvia Noventa herself appeared on my doorstep. She told me about how several friends had arranged for a normal life for her in Moscow, and that she was tired of the political niceties and nonsense that all politicians know.

I've long wondered two girls, who have no relation to each other, can look so remarkably similar. The press has noticed this well enough, producing enough "which one is which?" articles for me to be able to wallpaper my dining room with them. She pleaded for me to use this to her advantage… she'd only had twenty minutes left before she had to go to the airport incognito. She begged me to play her part, to be Sylvia Noventa, for the next few weeks at least to handle the issues of the press and the rest of the political world in her place. I tried to argue with her, telling her she could be strong, she could do this on her own, and that planes come and go on a regular schedule, she could do all she asked of me on her own.

Still, I ended up agreeing, after she promised to vid-phone her grandmother, assuring she was all right, and telling her of her-our plans. I admit, that when she left, I was jealous of her. All her problems about being a politician were gone, lifted off her shoulders… and thrown onto mine I suppose. Combined with the next few weeks of work I'll have to do for her, and also the work I need to do for myself… I suppose I'll be losing even more sleep than ever now.

Relena Dorlian

Heero sighed, finally realizing why Sylvia Noventa had so suddenly given up the political life, it had been Relena all along those weeks that the public and press had been baffled with her proclamations. Sylvia, in her own aspect, was as well known as Relena herself and she'd disappeared just like that…

April 15, AC 197

Dear Diary,

Why is there never any privacy in my life?! Honestly, all those people who think being rich and powerful (ha!) is all that do not know how hard it is to be hounded by paparazzi. Someone found out about something I wrote in a previous entry. You know, about Romeo? And took it the wrong way. They squealed to the press, and would you know it, there on the front page is the headline in huge black type, "17-year-old Vice Foreign Minister's new lover". And guess what? There's a picture of (guess who?) myself, kissing the infamous Heero Yuy.

Heero's head jerked up, his eyes staring at the incriminating words. When? The only time I've ever… kissed her was… when… His eyes widened despite himself and he turned the page hurriedly, knowing with growing dread what he would find. And he found it, pasted to the page was the article, the large full-color picture of the two of them sharing their first (and only) kiss. Who the hell took that?! And why didn't someone tell me this article had been printed?! He thought, feeling his face grow hot as he stared down at the two of them there. He looked onto the next page where the same entry continued, written in Relena's neat printed writing, but this time the press of her pen was harder on the paper, and penned in a slant that betrayed her anger.

Firstly, as I recall, I have been seen plenty of times with Romeo and Lovah with me, so there really should be no need to mistake Romeo for Heero Yuy. The mistake was cleared up almost as instantly as the article had come out, but the damage had been done I suppose. I found out who had taken the picture… the abandoned colony we were in the last time there had been a threat? Well, it wasn't as abandoned as we thought, and with Brother pulling a few strings, I found the truth through a reporter and found out who it had been, a kid who loved his camera was with his parents on a shuttle to reminisce over their old home. And, well, so that little mystery ends. The real Romeo was brought out, and a reporter friend of mine, Mandy, wrote another article for me, adding in her own wry humor to completely humiliate the other… this one included a picture of Romeo and me. A girl and her dog… no love interest there.

On the topic of Heero, I heard Duo literally went to L1 and cleared the place of newspapers, and cheerfully dumped them all in a disposal block filled with other miscellaneous junk and sent it flying into the sun. Simple, yet effective, I doubt Heero even knew of it. I think Duo suspected that if he ever did see it… well… I found Duo to be the type to keep secrets behind a grin, but I'm good at finding out secrets. Turns out, he figured the reporter would be dead by dawn. Last I checked however, Heero does not seem the type to go murdering reporters just because his picture was found on a newspaper. Dorothy might, on the other hand… discreetly.

Relena Darlian

Just some kid?Heero thought to himself, that should not have happened, we made sure the area was cleared before we disposed of the colony… But apparently it had… was this peace really dulling his razor-sharp edge? Puzzled with the happenings outside his knowledge, he continued reading.

April 21, AC 197

Dear Diary,

A miracle has taken place… Chang Wufei, a guy I have never met has deigned to visit. With Sally Po of course, the same field doctor I met at the hospital several years ago, at the beginning of everything. I don't really know why they came… they barely knew me, but I was glad they did so. She asked me about Heero, conversationally I suppose, but she's always had an interest in him. I don't know what kind of interest, be it medical or whatnot. I haven't seen him, and I told her so. She looked surprised, saying she'd have thought he'd come see me by now. Well, he hasn't. Wufei has made a surprisingly good partner to Sally in Preventers when he took Noin's place. And would you know it… the two of them have gotten hitched… legally anyway, I'm not too sure of how the home life is going.

Heero raised an eyebrow, he'd heard from Wufei that he had several family problems to smooth over, and they included Sally in them, but he'd never known that the two of them had gotten married! The guy was still sixteen at the time and Sally was, what, nineteen?

It seems they went back to China, and Sally went back to her family… a very old clan of with a name kept secret from outsiders. Looks like the ex-commander was the black sheep of the family, run off to go fight in the war. She'd refused to marry before, I heard tell and there was another argument with her very old-fashioned father on the topic and… the truth came out that she was working with a young man as her partner in a division of Preventers. He was outraged that his daughter put him to shame by seeming as such a harlot. A meeting of clans was called and a debate was let loose. In the end, Wufei spoke up for her, saying for her that she wouldn't marry and that she was going with him back to Preventers with him. Somehow her father was able to twist his words, giving Wufei his daughter to freely marry. Actually not to freely marry, it had to do with a marriage contract, and whatnot.

I still have no idea what's happening between them now. When I asked, Sally just shrugged saying that they were married in name, but as for the living together deal, they would wait awhile. Well, they have time now that the wars are over. Thank God.

Relena Peacecraft

Heero was beginning to feel a tad insulted at not being able to learn all the news until half a year had passed, and then, by reading someone else's diary! He'd certainly found it interesting that Sally and Wufei had accepted a marriage contract to each other… he'd never have thought Wufei liked the mothering attention she bestowed on him.

June 29, AC 197

Dear Diary,

Diary, I am still sixteen years old… a little too young for marriage, don't you think? And yet, I find myself being proposed to by one of the most idiotic man ever. He's handsome, I dare say, but as well as that he's pigheaded, egotistical and thinks he's God's gift to women. He's also 32 years old. I tried to decline as politely as I could, but he continued to nod and smile infuriatingly as if I was a child that didn't know enough to be given the privilege to decide, that I didn't know what I was doing. Well, I certainly did… and I told him no. I also mentioned the fact that since he was old enough to be my father, I wondered at him, if he possibly enjoyed trying to rob the cradle. He turned rather red in the face and began sputtering something… I don't know what because Pagan, as calmly as anything, led him out the room, allowing me to laugh my head off at the ridiculousness of the man.

I didn't laugh very long you know. He appeared in my house earlier tonight, in my bedroom, and I tried to sexually assault me. Yes he did, this politician that I can't name, even in my own personal diary, actually threw me on my own bed and tried to rip my blouse off me.

Heero was shocked, Relena? He suddenly remembered one night, sometime in June that he'd been sitting at his desk, scanning through files for something when he'd felt a racking fear in him. He'd literally fallen out of his chair as he tried as hard as he could not to yell at the sudden tightness in his throat. He remembered staggering around his apartment, looking for the source of this sudden fear and couldn't find anything. Could it have been…? He grit his teeth, wondering why this hadn't hit the papers, hadn't been told to him. Duo would certainly had informed him had he knew.

I was scared… I actually was as I kicked at him, and tried to get him off me, even digging my nails in his skin. And guess who saved me? Lovah and Romeo. Lovah was in my room and when I started screaming, she began howling and raced for the door. I didn't know why none of my servants were there at the time, they would've heard me. But he'd even left the door open and Lovah raced out and down the hall. He'd gotten my blouse off of me, even with all I could do and he was working at my skirt when Romeo came dashing in. He was snarling so much I myself even felt scared at the sight of him. Romeo's part wolf you know, so he can be a little unstable when it comes to holding back. And he didn't try and hold back too much tonight, he launched himself at Whitefield-oops.

He squinted at the word that had been hurriedly crossed out. Whitefield. He made a mental note to check on the guy before turning back to the book.

-and had his jaws clamped onto his shoulder. He tried to shake Romeo off as he screamed, throwing him into the wall. Romeo leaped at him again, all four paws landing fully on his chest knocking him backwards on his back. His head smacked against the windowsill and he fell unconscious with Romeo growling, jaws at his neck if he tried to attack. I left Romeo there to guard him and ran out in the hall looking for someone. I found them all… tied and gagged in a closet… those that were left. Most of them had been sent home, I don't know how. But I let them out and we called the police. The press hadn't been called or anything… the man was thatinfluential with the public. I was too, despite my own private misgivings, everyone else said and to avoid a public scandal, we had to bring the entire thing to a standstill. He doesn't come anywhere near me again, I don't say a word of this to the public.

It's late Diary, too late for a girl who has a meeting first thing in the morning. I'm staying at Dorothy's… she was willing to let me stay the night at her place after I explained things to her (and let her know it was to keep a secret). She will keep it… she enjoys knowing things others don't.

Relena Dorlian

He was furious that just because this man was a politician, he could get away with attempted rape. It was insane! And Relena had had to go along with it… he suddenly found himself berating himself for not being there. She hadn't told anyone else it seemed, and he found himself sure that a certain man named Whitefield was going to be in a whole lot of trouble.

July 18, AC 197

Dear Diary,

We went to the carnival today, Diary. We as in Dorothy, Cathrine, Trowa, Quatre, and myself. Dorothy was reluctant to go, and we had to practically drag her along. She needs a little fun once in a while, and I know I do myself. I have found out that Dorothy is deathly afraid of roller coasters. And that Quatre loves them, so he managed (by some miracle) to convince Dorothy to get on one with us. Trowa turned out to be a roller coaster lover as well as myself so we shared the two-seater behind the blondes. Cathrine declined our offer for her to come with us and said she'd rather have a try with the target throwing. I think she knew full well that she'd get the big purple teddy bear I'd been eyeing as we passed, she slapped down her money and waved us off as she was presented with the five darts.

Dorothy looked even paler than usual when we got on the roller coaster, but when Trowa leaned over and bluntly asked if she was going to hurl, she turned with her frosty glare and probably would've said something if we hadn't started moving. She literally flung herself in the direction of Quatre's chest latching on as if her life depended on it and yelling "get me off!". I suspect our neo-Arabian to have a crush on our resident Ice Queen… he allowed her to squeeze the breath out of him while they were going downhill. Whatever he did was blocked from my view by Dorothy's extremely long hair that flew into my face. When I asked Trowa what had happened, discreetly of course, he told me Quatre hugged her and that was it. I literally heaved a huge sigh when he told me that (not of relief, I assure you)… oh joy, he hugged her. Whoopdedoo. Well, there didn't seem to be any sign of anything at the end of the ride. Dorothy got off (with rather shaky legs however and looking a little more than pale) with that ever frosty look on her face. And Quatre was ever the gentleman, never mentioning any of it to anyone else (including myself…) as he gallantly led the way to where Cathrine was standing, the big purple teddy bear in her grasp. Oh, and yes I did receive that teddy bear… she just wanted to show off and knowing everyone else… well she gave it to me anyway. And if you start laughing at me Diary because Vice Foreign Minister Dorlian's happy to have received a carnival teddy bear, I'll scream. Because I like it.

(Next a drawing of a Chibi-Relena holding a purple teddy bear twice her size and smiling blissfully took up the next half of the page.)

Relena Dorlian

He had to laugh at the drawing and he suddenly wished he'd gone to the carnival too, however much he usually disliked crowds of people. But from the way she put it, even Trowa seemed to have fun. And if Trowa could… hell he was sure he could as well.

July 28, AC 197

Dear Diary,

Get this, I've been asked to play a starring role in a movie! Asked, of course, I haven't accepted yet. Should I? Perhaps it's childish, but I've got this image in my head of myself when I was a little child with a tacky feather boa draped over my shoulders, the star-shaped, sequined sunglasses, my mother's old shoes, and the sparkly red gown several sizes too big for me. This is me when I wanted to play the big movie star. Now I've got the chance to… should I do it? I know, I know, I don't have any acting experience at all. Well, I talked to the director and he replied that he'd observed me over the yeas, all the roles I had to play and he said I'd do perfectly fine in the part. I want to do this Diary, but I wonder just how well I'll do if I accept. I don't have enough time as it is, and if I add filming days and rehearsal times into my day planner, I'll be swamped.

Oh well, I'll sleep on it and figure it out some other time.

Relena Darlian

A movie? Heero smiled, looking towards his wall, where one of the only ornaments was a giant movie poster. Caress of Twilight, the one and the same movie Relena starred in. He'd often been at the filming set, when they'd been filming. Seeing her onscreen in the seductive costumes her character wore was one thing, seeing her real-life acting the part live was another. He'd been there at the screening only a few weeks ago, and, even to his critical eye, it had been amazing.

July 30, AC 197

Dear Diary,

I've accepted. The movie's called Caress of Twilight, a vampire love story. I was surprised at my part in it, and I almost took back my acceptance when I thought, 'Hey, I've always been the poster girl for innocence for as long as I can remember, why not show them all that angels can wear spiked pumps too?' So, I start filming tomorrow. All the political things, I don't know why, but the steady stream has dried up to a dribble, enough so that I can manage. I don't know how, but I'm beginning to suspect that Noin and my brother are the cause of it. Ah well, I'm not one to look a gift horse in its mouth. I'll take what I get anyway.

And would you know it, our elusive Heero Yuy appeared in the middle of it all, standing there as if it were nothing for him to be there. I must say, I think the smile on his face when I saw him suits him more than his more often-seen frown. After, he just disappeared again… well, it doesn't matter that much to me. If he comes, he comes, if he stays away, that's his decision.

Relena Dorlian

Heero bit his lip, Relena had become more than selfless since the first time he'd met her. Always, she thought of others before herself. She wanted him near, he'd always known that, even though he knew himself that despite wanting to give her what she wanted, he couldn't… not then anyway. And even to her diary, she kept confiding that she wanted him to make his own decision, that she didn't want to force him to do anything. He respected that. She wasn't pushy, not towards him.

August 16, AC 197

Dear Diary,

We've started filming now and work's been hard, but it's nothing I can't handle. I'm pretty sure, now, that Noin and Brother are behind all the disappearances of my work and I'm glad for it. The movie's coming along fine… Duo's around a lot with Hilde, I think that's because Duo seems to like Emily's cooking… the old woman dotes on him as if he was her son (Richard died in the war), and Hilde doesn't seem to mind because he likes her cooking just as well… I've also found out she likes to gossip to someone who's actually met, if not very well acquainted with people she and Duo know. And, despite all pretences I show other people, Hilde knows just as well as I do that I love gossip… how could I not? What on Earth do you call an interest in the Ice Queen having a 'something' with our resident Angel?

Heero laughed aloud despite himself… that one little sentence simply brought out a new side of the cool and refined Vice Foreign Minister, a teenaged girl who still liked to talk. His lip quirked upwards as he remembered his disgust at that type of female before… before he'd realized that he himself didn't mind when he and Relena had one of their 'talks' and she broke out with information about his… 'friends', telling him things he wouldn't have found elsewhere unless he pressed… and that would have been beyond bother.

Anyway, I've got a long day ahead of me… goodnight Diary.

Relena Darlian

Heero checked the clock sitting on top of the TV, one in the afternoon. He still had time… perhaps Duo had known that reading the girl's personal thoughts and dreams would make him want to see her again. Because all of a sudden, he recalled the strangely beautiful smile that she'd flash his way whenever she noticed him standing on a balcony watching her talk, or that look of hers that made you think and do the most impossible things. He wanted to see her again. But it was Valentine's Day for heaven's sakes! If he were to see her, it would be an all-out pronouncement of the fact that he liked her, respected her, and perhaps even loved her. And for him to even consider it, that was something in itself. He sighed… his thoughts went on a complete roller coaster when it came to that girl... it wasn't always such a pleasant feeling to try and sort them out again.

August 22, AC 197

Dear Diary,

The most unusual thing happened today on the set… well, it started out normally enough, everyone was getting ready to film and all, we were going to do one of the seduction scenes. One of my seduction scenes… and a crowd had gathered, and I guess someone was able to pull some strings to allow them to watch the filming. Duo was there with a video camera to tape any of my mistakes (so he said), Hilde was there to keep him in line (I wonder if she brought the dog collar?), and Heero was there, playing the part of my little shadow. (That was a joke.)

Heero felt a faint redness in his cheeks as he suddenly recalled that day. It wasn't a new way of putting it, Duo had often enough called him the same, and staying in the shadows suited him. He had not expected what had become of his being there.

Well David (the actor I'm supposed to be seducing) threw a temper tantrum today. You know the type Diary, he's on every Top Ten Hottest Men any magazine puts out. He's got the looks, no mistaking that, but when you meet him, you wonder whatever crawled up his ass and died. As I was saying, he went on and on about the lighting, me, the costumes, me, the set, me, the directing, me, the camera views, and me. The reason, I believe, is because when he screwed up his lines, he figured there was no one else to blame, but his costar. Me. It got even the director a little pissed off and he ups and goes and grabs poor Heero from the corner (Duo's finger still on the 'Record' button) and brings him forward and yells over at David, "THIS IS HOW THE SCENE IS SUPPOSED TO GO, MORON!"

At this point in time, I must admit, it was one of the first times I've ever seen Heero have such a resemblance to a deer caught in headlights. Actually, I was surprised he didn't make any attempts to murder Duo when he started catcalling (this earned him a rather hard smack upside the head with Hilde's handbag) and he actually didn't disagree when the director asked him!

Well, we did it… and the scene that followed was, um, well… the director did say it was the first time someone has ever steamed up the screen like that… But what I found most rewarding, was the fact that David had been standing there watching his own dismal failure of acting out the scene when a "two-bit, no-account little boy" could. His words, not mine. And the director was pleased enough with it that he kept it in the movie (I don't think Heero was that happy when he heard about that…) but that only made David even more worse… offstage. While filming from then on, he was picture perfect. Thank goodness… I hope he'll continue doing that tomorrow… and until the movie's finished.

However I must say… Heero looked surprised when I was breathing hard after that scene. I was thinking up at this point, he couldn't be that dense, right? Well, a pointed look later, I swore he blushed as he muttered an "oh". Yes, "oh" Heero, I'm not completely immune to the presence of a good-looking male. Well… 'night for now, Diary.

Relena Darlian

Heero frowned… had she known he'd be reading her diary? He sighed… he was becoming way too paranoid. She often did that, thinking up things to say in her head, and not saying them, keeping them to herself until she chose to reveal them to someone else, why would it be different with her diary? It sounded like she actually did talk instead of write.

September 30, AC 197

Dear Diary,

My University application has been rejected.

Heero blinked. Relena was a heck of a busy girl and he knew it. He'd never even guessed that she'd wanted to go back to school, considering how much she'd accomplished already, even without proper education with the rest of her class back at St. Gabriel's. He only knew she had had private tutoring and classes and that was all.

I suppose I should have expected it. After all, you need a high school diploma first above everything before you can get into University. Sadly, I do not have one. I can do everything else, I can sign bills and help pass laws, but oh no, doth my ears deceive me? This girl hath yet to reach University level when it comes to her schooling. In a school, I mean. But still… I must admit, I am rather disappointed. I don't want to bend the rules like Roy suggests… I don't like using my authority in that way, in getting what I want.

Just because I want to, I refuse to go into an in-depth composition of my failures as a student, and go on to talk about Roy. I don't think I have written at all about him, have I, Diary?

A frown creased Heero's adorably full lips as he read the writing, set down by Relena's own graceful penstrokes. Roy? Roy who?

His name's Roy Hamilton, has the blond and blue-eyed look. Have you ever noticed how many guys have suddenly got this strange passion for their hair gel? They manage to spike it up in ways I never thought possible. It's not that I pay especial attention, just his simply caught my eye. It's all natural, and it looks just… right with him. Just like Cathrine's hair seems so natural on her. With me, you should have heard some of the things I've been told over the years. I have the braids, they say they're for a little girl around the age of three, I wear it down, it looks like I've got either a mop or a wig slapped on my head (I've heard both), and the ponytail? Let's not go there.

Anyway, back to Roy. A friend of mine introduced me to him, and while we were eating out (one of those things I hardly ever do anymore) and by chance, we bumped into him. So, we talked. A sweet guy, really.

He suddenly felt his blood boil in as an uncharacteristic wave of jealousy swept over him for some strange reason. It wasn't that he was about to hunt this guy down, just because Relena liked him. But really, even though he had no claim on her, he suddenly wanted to appear right then and there, about a year-and-a-half back and simply say, "Back off, she's mine." Completely irrational, yes. But sudden impulses had never been his style, and to suddenly want to do something was rather out of the ordinary for him. Even now, when he'd mellowed out a little from that "Get in my way and I'll kill you" attitude.

He's also homosexual.

Heero's mind shattered as he stared at the writing, as a sudden feeling of embarrassment passed over him at getting so worked up (by his standards).

Not that it matters to me, really. I like him, he likes me, and I've made a friend. Actually, I've met his boyfriend too… a shy one he is, and he's got the sweet smile down pat. So… Diary, after clearly surprising you with my interaction with other male actors, color me sleepy and I'll say goodnight.

Relena Dorlian

He almost laughed at the sound the words seemed to make, ringing like bells in his ear. She was so open to everything, obstinate and hard-headed as she was (which had come in handy, he'd found, when coming head to head with other older and more experienced politicians) and the way she'd waved off his sexuality like it was nothing… well, it could almost be called amusing.

October 9, AC 197

Dear Diary,

I'm in 'hiding', Diary. The director actually cancelled an entire day of shooting for some strange reason that I do not yet know of, and as I am quite done with all my work at the office. I have 'run off' with Romeo by my side, (since Lovah is currently busy adopting my brother into her 'family') to the small beach house. And then, would you know it, Hilde and Dorothy appear, dragging along Duo, and carrying beach bags. Inviting Romeo and me to a day out on the beach! Well, who was I to refuse? Especially when once in a blue moon Dorothy actually deigns me worthy to be her partner in a game of beach volleyball. And so we played a game, actually winning two out of the three games that we played. This made Dorothy a little less icy (or could that have been the noon sun?) and the game ended with a mad rush out to the lake and playing frisbee in the water, with Romeo of course.

Of course, we got into a bit of trouble when Duo, being the man that he is, almost gets in a fistfight with some guys ogling Hilde, and while defending his girl from perusing eyes, he almost got us kicked off the beach grounds for instigating unnecessary violence! Well… someone recognized him for who we were (here's where I wince) and suddenly yelled, "OH MY GOD! THAT GUY'S A GUNDAM PILOT!" The guy Duo had been punching out turned white, then a sick greenish color. Then they recognized the Vice Foreign Minister, the Duchess Catalonia, and Hilde… well… the reason the fight was started in the first place.

I think we split just before the camera crews came running, bent on getting some juicy gossip about a beach fight and my name tied to it. I swear, if I'd had a machine gun back there…

The day's been a nice one, however worse off it ended, and despite everything, the workload tomorrow doesn't seem so bad…

Relena Dorlian

The vid-phone began ringing at that point, and he reluctantly tore his eyes away from the book, setting it down with a slight outtake of breath and got up, walking towards it and turning it on. The larger-than-life image of Trowa Barton appeared on the screen, his customary seriousness intact on his face. "Heero." he said simply, acknowledging his presence but nothing else towards that end. "Trowa." Heero responded in like.

"Duo called me earlier, said you wanted access to Relena Peacecraft's location. I want to ask if that's true. Is it?" Trowa's question came out sounding more like a statement more than a question, because of absolutely no hint at all of an inflection in his voice.

Heero was silent for a moment, a thoughtful silence. Why not? He could ask… and if he chose to change his mind… well then. "Yes."

Trowa's eyes were the only things that managed to show his surprise. "And I thought it was one of Duo's bad jokes. Very well. I'll send you the information via the Internet, because reading out her entire daytime schedule is pointless." With a nod, his face disappeared from the screen.

With a slight nod to the static-filled screen, he flicked off the visual and went back to his sofa, laptop propped up on the seat next to his, this time. He didn't have long to wait, as he opened the email, and the long length of black type appeared. It was just another busy day for the Pacifism Goddess.

~*~*~*~

Did Heero make a mistake about asking Trowa? We all know how Duo will take this when he finds out that his joke turned out to be true! And if Heero does meet up with Relena again, will there be a certain braided American holding onto a camcorder and taping the entire thing for pure entertainment? You'll soon find out in the next installment of Dear Diary: The White Rose.

Chibi-Relena: Ja ne! *pauses* *frowns* *leaves stage for a moment*

(looooooong pause)

Chibi-Relena: *appears again in all kawaii-ness* *drags a half-conscious Nanashi and Heero-chan up onto the stage* *coughs importantly* Ja ne! Come back again! *throws small flowers at audience*

Heero-chan: Or else. *clicks off safety, still with eyes closed*

Nanashi: We'll beat you into the ground. *cracks knuckles, also still with eyes closed*

Chibi-Relena: *grins cutely*

(curtain falls)

Audience: *muttering* There is a God.