Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Deceptions ❯ The Rescue ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing

Deceptions Part 11: The Rescue
By Symee-Sama



Author's Notes: Okay, there is a pretty graphic (in my friend's opinion) scene between Relena and her `owner', so if you are easily sickened, then don't read this fic Sorry that it took so long. It was finished a long time ago, but I wasn't satisfied with it. I'm still not satisfied with it, but I'm gonna post it anyway.

WARNING: BAD LANGUAGE, ATTEMPTED RAPE

Duo looked down at the delirious man before him. This was what the great Heero Yuy had been reduced to. They had been forced to strap him to a chair, because he was struggling so much. He had been muttering about Zero, and being unable to escape. Duo sat in the chair beside his friend. He was the only one who felt the least bit sorry for Heero. None of the others cared if he was insane, or if he was in pain, they all believed that he deserved it.

He watched as Heero's hands twitched, and strained against the leather bindings. Heero's whole body was trembling from attempting to escape, and Duo gasped when his friend's body went limp, and Heero slumped forward in his chair. "What the hell?" Duo asked no one in particular, and looked closely at his friend. "Shit!" He yelled. Heero wasn't breathing, in fact, his entire body was going cold. "Guys!" He called desperately. "Get over here!"

All of the pilots ran towards Duo. "What's wrong?" Quatre asked. "What happened?" Duo pointed at Heero's limp form, and Quatre shrugged. "That's what you called us over for? Because he stopped struggling?"

Duo shook his head, anger rising in him. "No!" He replied in a harsher voice than he meant to. "He's not breathing." Quatre looked alarmed and reached over, feeling for Heero's pulse. There was none. "Is he dead?" Duo asked, but Quatre ignored him, placing his hand on Heero's forehead.

This wasn't a natural death, it couldn't have been. Quatre would have felt it if Heero had a heart attack, or if he had killed himself. He would have sensed any poison in the other man's veins. It was like someone had worked from the inside to shut him down.

Quatre closed his eyes, forcing his way into Heero's head, and gasped when he felt two auras there. One was definitely Heero, but the other… the other was cold, mechanical, and Quatre was sure that it wasn't human. What was going on? Quatre made a note to ask Heero about it later. If Heero was still alive later, he corrected himself.

He reached farther into Heero's mind, and could hear laughter. He shuddered slightly, it sounded inhuman and cruel. He cursed when he found his way blocked and attempted to force the barrier to move, but it wouldn't budge. Heero! He cried out to the darkness. Let me through! He pounded on the barrier. Let me through!

Quatre tensed when he sensed a presence nearby. Heero! Is that you! He looked around desperately for the other pilot. Answer me!

//He can't.// Quatre nearly lost contact with Heero's mind when he heard that smooth voice. It was Zero, he was sure of it. There was a slight sneer in the voice. //He's been detained.//

Let him go. Quatre ordered, and pounded again on the barrier. He's dying, you have to let him go. He heard Zero laughing, and clenched his hands into fists. Release him! He shouted and concentrated on the barrier, pushing in on it, until it dissolved. He smiled in satisfaction, and turned to face where the voice was coming from. You can't keep me out.

//You've grown stronger.// Zero said in a surprised tone. //A year ago, you wouldn't have been able to break through that barrier.//

How did you know that? Quatre yelled at Zero, but it was useless. The presence had receded, and there was no point in questioning the darkness. Quatre walked past the barrier, and farther into the depths of Heero's mind. He could hear the other pilots, especially Duo, cheering him on, and urging him to hurry. A golden light surrounded him, chasing away the darkness, but Quatre ignored it.

He closed his eyes, and searched for Heero's aura. He had to hurry, there wasn't much time. He felt it, it was close. In fact, it was so close to him, that he should have been able to see it, but he couldn't see a thing. He felt Zero return, and heard him laughing. //Do you think those barriers were the only defence I'd made?// Quatre gritted his teeth, and closed his eyes once more, searching for Heero's aura. //You'll never find him.//

He followed the beacon in his mind to where the aura was, and opened his eyes. Nothing. He couldn't see Heero anywhere. The golden light called to him, telling him that it was useless to try, telling him to surrender, and for one frightening moment, Quatre felt himself giving up. No! He shouted and with all his might, he pushed the light away, letting the darkness reign once more.

He frowned at the patch of light in front of him. It refused to go away. Quatre studied it for a moment before realising that was where Heero's aura was resonating from. Heero! Quatre called, and he heard a faint reply from within the light. Quatre forced away the golden light, pushing it to the side, and creating an opening to the pilot.

Heero looked at him, taking several deep breaths before he managed to speak. Quatre? He began, his voice trembling slightly. Are you real? Or are you another trick? His eyes were wild, and his eyes darted around the darkness, as if he was looking for something. He's not here. His shoulders slumped forward in relief, and Quatre pushed away the sympathy rising in him. This man had killed Iria.

Come with me, Heero. Quatre held out his hand to the other man. I've come to take you back. He smiled slightly when Heero took it, and pulled him from his prison of light. I've come to take you away from here.

Heero looked at him, sorrow in his eyes. You should leave me here. He said quietly, and turned, looking back at his golden prison. That, he pointed at the light. Is what I deserve. For all the people I've killed, all the things that I've done. I deserve that. I'm sorry for Iria. He said softly and gathered up his courage, as began to walk towards the light. His eyes were grim, but Quatre knew that he would accept this fate, this punishment.

Wait! Quatre yelled, and Heero turned around, looking at the blonde pilot in confusion. No one deserves to be trapped in there. Heero walked back towards Quatre, an unspoken question in his eyes. We need you still. Quatre said, in way of explanation. We need you to help us find Relena. Heero nodded, his eyes shining with determination. Let's get out of here. Quatre said to Heero, as he grabbed the other pilot's hand and forced him to exit his mind.

* * * * *

Duo sighed in relief when Heero slowly opened his eyes, and turned to smile at Quatre. "You did it!" Duo exclaimed. "I don't know what the hell you did, but thanks." Quatre gave him a tired smile, and put a hand to his head. "Hey, Quatre, are you alright?" He asked in a worried tone, and the blond pilot nodded.

"I'm fine," he sighed leaned back against a chair. "I don't think that I'll be able to help you rescue Relena though." He said through a yawn. "Using my abilities to the extent I did today is draining." Duo nodded, and smiled at him.

"Take a nap, then," Duo advised. "No one's going to think less of you if you do."

"Thanks Duo." Quatre gave him a grateful smile, which faded quickly and was replaced with a serious look. "Listen," he glanced at Heero before bringing his attention back to Duo. "I need to talk to you about something later, okay?" Duo nodded, and watched Quatre as he made his way down a few rows, and settled into a seat.

Duo scratched his head, wondering what Quatre had found in Heero's mind that was important, but not important enough to talk about immediately. Shrugging his shoulders, he sat down beside Heero, and looked at his friend. "You okay?" He asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah," Heero replied. "Thanks to Quatre." He shuddered slightly, remembering the golden light, and not being able to breathe. He would rather be shot than go through that again.

"What happened?" Duo asked, letting his curiosity get the better of him, and watched for a reaction from his friend, almost disappointed when he didn't get one. "I mean, one minute you're having convulsions, and the next, you're not breathing. So, what happened?"

"I wasn't strong enough to fight him," Heero said simply, and turned to look out the window, leaving Duo to wonder what the cryptic comment meant.

* * * * *

"Damn," Doctor J cursed. "We are losing our hold on him." He turned to the readings from the computer. "We were so close to making him ours again." He heard muffled laughter behind him, and turned, glaring at the man in front of him. "Do you find something funny, G?" He asked, barely able to contain his fury.

"You were going to kill him, not make him ours." Professor G replied. "Do you still think that you can fool me with your lies anymore? I know what's going on now." G glared at the other doctor. "I know that you killed O, S, and H. I know that you were planning to kill me." He pulled out a gun, and aimed it at Doctor J. "But instead it was you who will die." G cocked the gun. "If you answer my questions, I'll make it quick."

J nodded, and motioned for G to ask. "Why did we lose our hold on 01?" G asked. "Your `memories' were supposed to be perfect!"

"Heero thought that Duo was dead." J said simply. "Duo proved otherwise through physical force. I suppose I could have tried harder to convince him, but I was curious to see how much influence the Zero system had over him."

"You fool," G snarled. "He will reveal our position, the Preventors will catch us, and we will spend our lives in jail."

"He will do no such thing." J assured the other doctor. "He already believes that he is crazy. The other pilots have been instrumental in convincing him that there is no way that the Zero system can be heard inside his head. He will believe that we were never real, just like his other `memories'."

"And what about Quatre? How could he have reached Heero so easily?"

"He has grown stronger than he was." J explained as if he was talking to a tiny child. "He wouldn't have been able to do that a year ago. I talked to H about it before I killed him, and he told me what Quatre's ability was. It was no where near that strong before." J paused for a second, considering the possibilities. "The death of his sister must have triggered the tremendous increase in his powers. Fascinating, simply fascinating."

"Enough of that," G grumbled. "Was the experiment a success then?" J nodded. "Fine, I already have a bid on this technology." G's finger tightened on the trigger. "And you are no longer needed." He pulled the trigger, and looked in surprise at the hole that appeared in his chest. He placed a hand on his chest, blood pouring through his fingers. "How?" He rasped, and Doctor J smiled.

"You're so transparent," J watched as his companion fell to the ground, clutching his wound. "The way that you were skulking around my research, and asking about the others. It was a simple matter of finding your gun, and fixing it." J's smile grew as he watched G die. "You shouldn't try to outsmart me. You'll never win."

The light in G's eyes faded, but Doctor J didn't notice, he was too busy looking at the readings again. He had to regain his control over 01, or he had to kill him. Either way was fine with J, just as long as he got his results, and his money for his research. He looked at the corpse that was staining his floor with disdain. He would deal with it later, right now there was much work to be done.

* * * * *

Relena screamed when He pushed her down onto the bed. Hoping that someone, anyone would save her. She tried to push Him away from her, but He was too heavy. He straddled her, and lowered His mouth to her ear. "Stop screaming, love," He whispered. "It will just make it harder for you."

She slapped Him across the face, and while He was dazed, she pushed Him off of her, and ran towards the balcony. Anything would be better than this, death would be better than this. She screamed again when He caught her and threw her up against the wall. "That wasn't very lady-like" He remarked and Relena would have laughed at Him if the situation hadn't been so serious.

Did He honestly expect her to just sit down and let Him take her? You would think that He would be used to being opposed by now. Relena kneed Him in the groin, smiling as He doubled over in pain, and sprinted towards the balcony again. She reached the doors, and tried to open it, screaming when she found that it was locked. No! She was trapped, and He was coming to get her.

He was furious now, and He pulled her away from the door, throwing her to the ground, and clawing at her clothes. He punched her when she tried to escape, and with one hand, held both of her hands above her head. "Stop!" She yelled. "Please don't!"

He laughed at her, and ripped her dress baring one shoulder. He traced the bare skin with His free hand and smiled at her. "Relena, my dear," He said in a sickeningly sweet tone. "You are exquisite." He smiled at her. "No wonder I love you so much."

Relena felt like she was going to throw up. How many other girls had He done this to? How many other girls had He whispered those words to while He ravished them? She spat in His face, and He wiped it off, laughing at her pitiful attempts. She saw Him reach into his pocket, and pull out a small patch.

"I shouldn't have to resort to this, Relena." He said in a disappointed tone. "You haven't been good, though, and it's become necessary." Relena felt Him place the patch on her arm, and the room spun as the drug entered her veins.

No! She felt her movements become sluggish, but she could still feel everything that He was doing to her. She couldn't fight back! She felt Him kissing her, touching her, and her mind screamed against it, but her body seemed like it couldn't care less. She barely registered the absence of His weight, and wondered why He hadn't done anything yet.

"Princess?" A voice echoed through the haze in her brain. "Did he hurt you?" She frowned, she knew that voice. She thought of the braided man the voice belonged to and struggled through her drug induced haze to remember who he was, but only one name came to mind.

"Heero?" She smiled slightly. He was here to protect her, and now she was safe.

* * * * *

It was a challenge to hold the struggling man against the wall, while he was handcuffed, but Heero managed to do it. He had been the one to pull him off of Relena. The things that he had been doing to her. He had barely managed to not throw up. It had been easy to enter the house. None of the key codes had been changed, and he had little in the way of guards. He had led the pilots to the cells downstairs, and had been met by a frantic woman, who had told them that he had taken Relena to his room.

Heero's blood boiled as he stared at the man in front of him. He supposed that the man would have been considered handsome, but all he could see was the man who had attempted to rape the woman he loved. "Is there a problem, Mr. Yuy?" He asked nonchalantly, as if nothing had happened. "Was there a problem with the money transfer?"

Heero's eyes narrowed, and he tightened his grip around the man's throat. "I've come to take her away." He said tonelessly, quickly looking over his shoulder to see that Duo was tending to her. "She's coming with me."

The man's face darkened with rage. "You can't have her!" He screamed at Heero, and punched him twice. Heero was unaffected, and glared at the man. "She's mine! I paid for her!" He yelled, and Heero suppressed the urge to kill him. "I never even got a chance to use her!" His protests turned into a scream as Heero flung him through the balcony doors. A shard of glass cut Heero above his right eye.

"You're lucky," Heero stepped through the door frames, avoiding the pieces of glass that were still stuck in them. "If you had `used' her, I wouldn't have hesitated to kill you." He said and smashed the man's face with the side his handcuffs. These things did come in handy sometimes. He handed James to Zechs who grinned evilly and dragged the man out of the room. Wufei was waiting outside with the plane, and Trowa was watching over Quatre, so Heero was left alone with Duo and Relena.

They walked towards him, and Heero saw that the drug had begun to wear off. She was still slightly unsteady, and was clinging to Duo when she stood up, Heero noted jealously. "Heero?" She asked uncertainly, as she took in his dyed hair. "Is that you?"

He nodded and she stepped through the empty door frame. " I thought about you all the time." She said quietly. "You were the first person I thought about when I woke up in the morning, and the last person I thought about before I went to sleep. You even haunted me in my dreams." Heero fidgeted, unsure of how to react to her confession.

"What did you think about?" He asked in a strained voice. She was hurting, and whenever she hurt, his heart broke. She looked at him, as if she was seeing him for the first time, and he fought the urge to grab her, and never let her go. She was so sad, and he had caused that sadness. That fact was killing him inside.

"I thought about how you were before you left," Relena's eyes were downcast, and Heero had to strain to hear what she was saying. "I thought about how you were when you returned." Her eyes hardened, and she glared at him. "And I thought about what I would do to you if I ever saw you again." There was murder in her eyes, but Heero didn't flinch from them.

He looked at her, accepting her anger. This was what he deserved, after what he had done to her - he shook his head. He still had trouble accepting what he had done. Why hadn't he fought Zero? Why hadn't he thought things through? Of course Relena would never have done any of those things.

He reached towards her, his handcuffs forcing him to reach with both hands. "Relena," he said softly, and his face fell when she slapped his hands away. "Please…"

She punched him, and Heero reeled backwards into the balcony railing. He raised his bound hands to his sore jaw, staring at her in disbelief. "What gives you the right to ask me for anything?" She fumed. "You sold me. I will never forgive you for what you've done."

Heero gaped at her. He hadn't been expecting forgiveness, but he had wished for it. He had wanted her forgiveness more than anything in the world, but she wouldn't give it. He felt like something had died inside of him, and he looked at her, the pain in his eyes evident. "Relena…"

She glared at him. "Don't talk to me!" Her eyes blazed with anger, and her hands clenched into fists. "You shouldn't even look at me!" Heero flinched, knowing that her words were true, but forced himself to look into her eyes. This seemed to make her angrier. "I hate you!" She yelled at him, and his eyes widened as she placed her hands on his chest, pushing him as hard as she could. Heero felt the flimsy metal railing give way under his weight, and could hear Duo yelling as he stumbled backwards. He reached clumsily for something to steady him, but the handcuffs prevented him from grabbing anything.

Time seemed to slow as Heero lost his balance, and fell off the balcony. He thought that he heard her gasp, and scream his name, but he couldn't have cared less at the moment. There was only one thought running through his mind as the ground rushed up to meet him; she hated him. The very thought made him want to scream. She hated him.

Author's Note: Yes, I gave Quatre a lot more powers than he had in the series, but if you read over the part with Dr. J, then you should get my reasoning behind it. And yeah, I do put Heero through Hell. I'm probably gonna do it in all my fics, :p Thank you all very much for your reviews!