Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Double Date ❯ Double Date ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Gundam Wing doesn't belong to me. You know the drill. Bla bla bla...
------------------------------------------------------
Shi-c han: Yep, yep, I'm horrible and I haven't written a thing in a week! Ha ha!
Duo: Oh the horror. Note the sarcasm?
Seki: Hai, hai...
Shi-chan: Shut up, you two! I need my beauty sleep dammit!
Seki: *whispers* She needed to pass her biology exam too...too bad sleep interfered...
Shi-chan: Hmmph... anyway, I wasn't in the mood for "Cool World," or "Behind Closed Doors," so is everybody up for a little pointless...um...fluff? The pairings should be...ano...interesting...Belindi, this one's for you!

------------------------------------------------------
Double Date
A one-shot!
By Shimegami-chan
Warnings: Shounen/jo-ai, and, um, that's about it...pointlessness!
AUTHOR'S NOTE: For the love of Kami, if you got this far, read it the whole way through!



Duo hummed to himself as his straightened the lapel of his jacket and winked at his reflection in the mirror. "Maxwell, you look gooood!"

"Where are you heading, Duo?" Quatre asked curiously from the doorway.

"Oh, nowhere special!" Duo was still deciding between the musky cologne or the sweeter stuff. Considering who his date was...he should probably take the musk. Duo smiled to himself and daubed a bit of the sweeter scent on his neck. "Got me a hot date..."

"Oh-ho?" Quatre wondered with a chuckle. "Have fun...try not to get sloshed...." Hearing the word coming from the little Arabian elicited a giggle from Duo. "As much fun as that'd be, no. We're heading for some civilized entertainment tonight. You?"

Quatre quirked an eyebrow at this. "Trowa and I were going to...um...watch a movie. We'll have the house to ourselves and all..."

Duo shook his head. "Let me guess, 'don't come home early?' Got it. I'd be more worried about Wu-man coming back from the play with Sally if I were you." With that, he stood and flipped his braid over his shoulder. Throwing another wink at his reflection and a wave at Quatre, he sauntered out of the house.



"Imagine that, me, early!" Duo laughed and parked his motorcycle outside the hall, tucking the helmet in the locking compartment. "I guess I'll break my tradition of being fashionably late..." He seated himself on the side of the ornate fountain to wait, trying his hardest not to fidget. He closed his eyes and began to hum a tune he'd heard on the radio on the way over.

"Duo, hon, people are staring."

Duo looked up into Hilde's blue eyes. "Hey babe, you're late."

"I think not." Hilde snorted lightly. "You're early, I didn't know that was possible."

"Ooh, you stab me with your words..." Duo smiled as Hilde joined him in sitting on the fountain's ledge. "So, where are the others?"

Hilde shrugged. "Don't know. You live with Heero, why didn't he come with you?"

Duo made a sour face. "He had something to do this morning and left way early. What about Relena, doesn't she have the tickets?"

"Hai. I didn't come with her though, she needed more time to get ready and I needed to pick up some things at the mall. So we agreed to meet separately."

Duo rolled his eyes. "Double dates, bah! Should have just stayed home with a good movie...like Trowa and Quatre..."

Hilde grinned and threw an arm around Duo's shoulder. "Doubling's more fun! And if we doubled at home, things might get...messy."

"Messy?" Duo inquired.

"Well...how many beds are at your place? Things might get, shall we say, uncomfortable...with me and you and Relena and Heero and Quatre and Trowa all trying to be 'romantic' in the same room..."

Duo tilted his head back and laughed. "You could be right!"

"Well, what have we here?" another feminine voice inquired.

"Ojousan!" Duo waved brightly. "You're finally here! Got the tickets?"

"Hai, right here." Relena eyes them suspiciously. "What were you two talking about? Sorry we're late..." Heero, a few steps behind her, offered Duo and Hilde a slight smile.

Duo hopped up and extended a hand to Hilde to assist her before giving Relena a quick hug. He then ambled over to Heero. "Nothing, nothing...we were just discussing how unromantic poor Hee-chan can be at times, and I complained a bit about this 'double-date' thing...y'know, poor Quatre was floored when he found out I was going to a theatre performance thing..."

"Duo! This is going to be great!" Relena scolded. "How can you hate something without even trying it?"

"Gomen, gomen!" Duo sputtered, seeing Heero's eye twitch slightly. "Did I say unromantic? Ha ha! Hilde, tell him!"

Hilde rolled her eyes and whistled innocently.

Duo coughed lightly and glomped Heero before tilting his chin and kissing him firmly on the mouth. "Aiya! So, howsabout that theatre?!?"

Hilde slipped under Relena's arm and gave her a quick peck on the cheek, earning a warm smile from the blond girl. "Shall we leave those two alone?"

"Nooooo!" Duo wailed. "Matte! Wait for me! Hilde! Ojousaaaaaan!"

Relena and Hilde shared a longer kiss before handing Duo and Heero their tickets. "Meet us in there when you're finished, okay?" Hilde said with a grin. Then the two of them disappeared into the crowd. As the girls melted into the throng of people, Duo caught Relena's teasing voice, "Imagine, that Duo Maxwell flirting with you! Of all the things..." Hilde's musical voice replied, "Oh, and you with Heero Yuy! You two looked awful close, don't you think?" Both girls broke into peals of laughter, and then Duo could hear no more.

Heero's face was suddenly very close to his as well. "Unromantic, am I?"

Duo gulped. "O-of course not, no, not unromantic at all, I just--" He was cut off abruptly by the taste of Heero's lips on his own, his tongue playing over them invitingly. "Mmmph..."

"I'm almost tempted to drag you back to the house and show you just how romantic I can be," Heero growled playfully, gently nipping Duo's lower lip. Duo groaned in pleasure. "But, we did promise Relena and Hilde we'd go on this stupid double date thing with them..."

"Hai." Duo threw a glace at the dissipating crowd. "Shall we go in then?"

Heero answered by taking Duo's hand and holding out the tickets. "I suppose so."

Duo handed the two tickets to the usher. "God, I hate the theatre. It's so...theatrish." he finished lamely.

Heero shook his head and led Duo to two empty seats beside Relena and Hilde. "Too late now."

Duo grumbled and mentally smacked himself for not taking up Heero's offer to go home when he had the chance. "Dammit! We could have rented a movie or something...snuggled on the couch...whatever...but noooo! Here we are at the theatre! And Quatre and Trowa are...are...aiya. Maybe we should just rent a hotel room or something."

"Did you say something, Duo?" Hilde asked absently over the 'theatreish' music.

"Damn...I'm never going on a double date ever again."







~OWARI!



- ------------------------------
Shi-chan: Interesting concept, don't you think?
Seki: Write something else tonight, onegai!
Shi-chan: Sure thing! What shall I work on next...
Seki: Hey, I'm the muse here! How come you don't ever let me pick?
Shi-chan: Ano...