Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Duo: Reflection on the Thing They Call Life ❯ The Truth About Sex ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Standard Disclaimer: GW isn't mine... yadda, yadda.
Warnings: Duo's POV, yaoi, 1x2x1, candid talk about sex, not a lemon, I repeat, not a lemon
Beta: Harmonie Des Anges
A/N: Hooray for sex... sort of. Anyway, if discussing sex makes you uncomfortable, what are you doing reading a shonen ai story. Just kidding. Truthfully though, if sex unnerves you, do not read this. Nothing graphic is contained herein, I'm just trying to cover my bases. To any readers: thank you so much. I hope you enjoy.


Duo: Reflections on the Thing They Call Life
by Solanum Dulcamara


Chapter 5: The Truth About Sex

I like sex. Who doesn't? But real life sex and story book sex are two completely different things. I'd just like to take some time to clear up a few myths on the topic.

In books and movies, sex is always this magical passionate rendezvous, where both parties are panting with need and are always ready. I will admit that almost all healthy young males are usually ready most of the time, but there are times when you just aren't "in the mood." I know it sounds cliché and awfully pms-ish, but even men can suffer from the condition. Now, I'm sure that you're thinking, "But if you love the person, you should always want to be with them." Well, that's something just short of true. If you love someone, you always want to fulfill their wishes. To love is to serve, but not in some weird submissive way, just normal giving. Anyway, the desire to fulfill your lover's desire will override personal feelings of "not now, I've got things on my mind." This is good and necessary, and don't feel guilty if you accidentally think about that overdue power bill. Just remember that while your body may not be into it, if you're really in love, your heart will be. You'd be amazed how much satisfaction you can garner just from pleasuring the one you love. Some of my favorite intimate moments don't include my own orgasm.

Speaking of orgasms, I realize that much of fiction would like to convince us that when two people are truly meant for each other and their love is perfectly in tune with one another, that they will also orgasm at the same time. Ah passion... ah fiction... if fiction were real, it would be in the reference section. Now, I'm not saying that simultaneous orgasms do not occur, they can and will happen on occasion, but they are very, very rare. Reality check, everyone has a unique body that requires different kinds of sexual attention. These bodies will arouse at different rates and climax at different times. Period. Now there are two common examples of auditory stimulus which can lead to synchronized orgasms. The first involves two people: one very aroused by erotic sounds and the other a very loud sex partner. It goes without saying that the screaming, moaning person will drag the auditory stimulated person with him/ her towards orgasm, and when such screams as, "I'm cuming," occur, in a heightened arousal, the listener could be brought to orgasm at or around the same time due to the a.s. The second example exists between a set of lovers where one obviously has the dominant role and the other the submissive. When dom gets close to the proverbial edge a simple command is usually all it takes for the sub to follow in orgasmic bliss. If your relationship does not fit into one of the aforementioned categories, you probably won't be experiencing vast quantities of simultaneous orgasms.

Don't think I'm trying to be all negative here. There is one great truth that I can verify. Sex is definitely better with love. Not to say that I'm a whore or anything, but I've had my share of sexual encounters. Some were one night stands (which I do NOT recommend), some were a comfort fuck between friends (safe, harmless, and kinda like a hug), some were passionate affairs, but none of them involved love. I had never put sex and love together until Heero. I guess that's why it's called making love. I can honestly say that it's more physically gratifying, but also, you get more than just the bodily tingles. Making love gives you this fabulous warm feeling all the way to the core of your being. Nothing compares to it. When you make love, you find that part of you that was missing your entire life, and you suddenly realize what it is to be whole.

Listen to me, rambling like a sap. Seriously though, the truth about sex is that it won't always happen when you want it, it might happen when you thought you didn't want it, it won't always work out the way you want it to, but if you love the person, and they love you, then you'll always enjoy it.