Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Promises ❯ Part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer : I've never claimed to own Gundam Wing, or it's affiliated characters, so you can't sue me for that. I'm mearly borrowing them for my entertainment, and shall return them upon compleation of this fic, . . . perhaps ^_^. I do however stake claim to all original characters I happen to throw in here, and to this particular story.

Eternal Promises

By Eden

Part 4

It was dark inside the small room; actually it was hardly big enough to even be called a room. It was large enough to take a couple of strides in any direction before you had to turn around and go the other way. Relena would know, after all that was what she had been doing since she had woken up from her drug induced slumber to try and clear her head of the head-ach she had been painfully aware of since then.

Suddenly stopping her inane pacing, she let a sigh escape her lips as she leaned against the cold metal wall. She didn't even know how long she had been here. There were no windows on the room to indicate what time of day it was, and she wasn't wearing her watch.

While slowly allowing herself to slide down the wall to sit on the floor, Relena dropped her head into her hands. Why did these things have to happen? She didn't even know who it was that kidnapped her and brought her to this place, or why.

Relena gently moved her hands against her temples as she thought about her abduction. She had been coming back inside after standing on her balcony when three individuals dropped down in front of the door and surrounded her.

They had all been fully dressed in black, and wore black ski masks to cover their faces.

Although she had been startled and frightened, she hadn't screamed. Only now did she realize the folly in that.

Once the first of her assailants, obviously male, reached out and grabbed her from behind, Relena tried to kick him in the shins. Even though her kicks connected, and she was struggling to get away, her captor would not let her go. As she watched, one of the other two brought out a bottle and a cloth and proceeded to dampen the cloth with the contents.

When they started to come towards where she was being held, Relena's struggling became more frantic and desperate.

The man behind her gripped on her shoulders tighter and prevented her from moving. The individual in front of her came and grabbed her hair to keep her from moving her head, and with the other hand, covered her mouth and nose with the cloth.

She knew it was chloroform before the acrid smell entered her nostrils, and she tried hard to shake off the hand covering her face, but to no avail. Although she continued to struggle, her efforts grew weaker until she couldn't move her arms and legs anymore.

If it hadn't been for the attacker holding her up, she would've collapsed onto the ground in a crumpled heap. It was all that she could do to keep her eyes open, never leaving the covered face of the individual in fount of her.

Even in the dark she could see the jewel-like eyes glittering as they watched her grow limp in the other persons restraining arms.

As she was slowly lowered to the ground by the attacker holding her, the one holding the cloth over her face kneeled down and leaned in closer to her. She could tell by looking at this person's eyes that they were male as well. The eyebrows were broader and the cool eyes harder then any women's could be.

She tried to keep her eyes open so that she could study this man's eyes. There was something very familiar about the way those eyes looked at her, hard and unwavering. Her mind was muddled and she was close to loosing conciseness.

But she refused to let go just yet with this staring her in the face. She could feel the answer hovering just beyond her reach, if only she could . . .

Suddenly it struck her, how could she have been so blind?

Blue.

The same color blue that you see lingering in the sky after lighting has flashed across it. That impossible Prussian blue that seemed too incredible for an eye color.

Relena gasped, her eyes had widened, as she had been almost too shocked for words. Somehow though, one muffled word found it's way out of her lips.

"Heero."

Everything after that was blackness. She didn't know how long she'd been out, or how far they had gone when she did pass out.

Ever since she had dragged herself out from the numbing darkness into the painful light of conciseness, she had been in this room. She had opened her eyes only to close them again in pain from a headache, obviously the remaining souvenir of the chloroform.

In an effort to lessen the pain, she had tried pacing across the small cell.

`Lot of good that did me.' Relena thought miserably as she brought her had up from her hands.

She looked around at her surroundings for about the hundredth time since she had woken up, but things hadn't changed. There was still the same hard metal on the walls, and hard metal grating on the floor.

The door was sealed shut form the outside with nothing on the inside of the door. There wasn't even a handle or hinges coming into the room. There were no windows, or openings into the room to speak of. The only source of light was a small battery operated camping lantern that had been placed on the floor in the middle of the room.

There was absolutely no way to escape form this situation on her own from inside this room. All that Relena could do was pray that her captors kept her alive long enough for a rescue operation to find her.

Another sigh escaped her lips as she pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. She allowed herself to drop her head down to rest on the top of her knees as she let her mind wander.

It wasn't surprising that her thoughts went to the male captor with the Prussian blue eyes. She had so many questions that she wanted answered, like why she had been kidnapped, and by whom? Of course the question that was burning in her mind the most was weather or not the blue eyed captor had been Heero.

`But the way he looked at me was just like how he used to look at me during the war. Oh why me?'

Relena could feel her temples throbbing more than they had been earlier. What she wouldn't gibe for an aspirin. Slowly she allowed her eyes to close. Maybe a little nap would help it go away.

She woke up later, and the painful throbbing in her head had dulled, but was still there.

Slowly opening her eyes Relena noticed that everything in the room was the same as it had been before, with one small exception. A plate of food had been placed on the floor beside the lantern.

She went towards it on her hands and knees. The plate of bread and butter looked fine, as did the plastic bottle of water that stood beside it. Cautiously, she picked up one of the slices of bread, and lifted it to her nose to sniff.

Nothing seemed wrong with the food, and she was hungry after all. She hadn't realized it until now, but as she knelt there with the bread lifted to her nose, her stomach let out a loud rumble.

Silently Relena debated with herself, weather or not to eat. The food could be poisoned after all. She gave a mental shrug finally, let the kidnappers deal with that, and took a bite.

Never had something so simple tasted so good. She took a couple of large bites, and them greedily shoved the rest of the piece into her mouth as she reached for the plastic bottle.

Unscrewing the lid, she heard the safety seal crackle as it opened, and then took a long drink. She carefully regarded the second piece of bread and contemplated weather or not to eat it right away or save it until later. She wasn't given a lot of time before her stomach answered for her with another giant growl.

She was just finishing off the second piece of bread with a large swig of water when there was a bang from outside, and then the large door swung outwards. Relena recapped the bottle, and prepared to face whomever came through the door.

As the door was pulled open wider, Relena saw a large bodied man standing there. He was tall, with impossibly broad shoulders that took up the entire doorway that left no room for escape.

She had stood up, and had put her best no-nonsense face. If she was going to try and find out what was going on, she needed to let them know that she meant business.

The tall man regarded her carefully, looking at her wrinkled robe, and tangled hair.

Relena's resolve almost crumbled under the close scrutiny that this man had her under. She began to feel self-conscious, her hands itched to run themselves through her hair to tame it. Of course, once she saw the smug look flash in his eyes, her heart hardened.

She stood up straighter and narrowed her eyes at him. That sudden action alone was enough to take him by surprise. She could read it clearly from the expression on his face.

Of course, it didn't take long for him to recover from his shock. He motioned to somebody else who was standing outside the door, and was handed a pile of clothes.

He took a couple of steps into the room and held the pile out to her with a voice that echoed off the metal walls.

"Please put these on, Miss Relena. We'll be back in half an hour to get you."

Relena accepted the pile of clothes from the man. "Who are you people," She asked, "And what do you want with me?"

The man turned his back on her and exited the room, turning at the doorway to look back at her. "After your dressed we'll take you to speak with someone who will answer your questions."

"Who is this other person? Why don't they come and talk to me now?" She spoke in hard tones.

"Please don't make this any harder on yourself, Miss Relena. This is the way that things will be done." He turned to grasp the door in one large hand, "I'll be back in half an hour."

With that, the door was slammed shut without giving her a chance to say anything more.

Relena stood there in the middle of the room with her pile of clothes and sighed. She didn't have much choice but to do as the man had said to do if she wanted to get any information. She hated being herded into a corner without being given a choice.

She looked sown at the pile she had in her arms and began to see what they'd given her.

It seemed that they had brought her a suit like what she usually wore to work. It was a navy blue blazer with a matching knee length skirt. There was also a set of undergarments, nylons and a hairbrush. Everything she would need to get ready to see this mysterious person who had the answers to all of her questions.

Someone had gone to a lot of trouble to make sure that this went the way that they wanted it to go, right down to her attire. The clothes were all exactly her size, even the undergarments fit like they were her own from home.

What was this all about? How could someone know these things about her? It wasn't like her size was something you could just find on the Internet, someone had actually made it inside of her home and into her life. The thought that her privacy had been violated made her furious.

Relena changed into the new clothes and then carefully sat on the ground to brush out her hair. As she did so she thought about the current situation that she now found herself in. She needed someway to find out who had come into her home and betrayed her personal life to some unknown person. She gripped the brush handle tighter as she tried to think who it could be. Who could do such a thing?

As she finished working the tangles out of her hair, the door opened and the large man stepped into view. He held out a pair of navy pumps to her.

Relena stood up slowly, taking care to smooth out her skirt and suit jacket, and then walked over to accept the pumps from the man. She placed her hand firmly against the wall and then slipped on the shoes one at a time, eyes never faltering or leaving the man's face. It wasn't surprising that once she had the shoes on her feet they fit perfectly.

As she straitened up the large man turned to leave the room. Instead of following him though, she stood there in the cell and clenched one slender fist.

"Can you tell me who was the spy in my home?"

The man turned around outside the door. She thought that he was far too calm for a man who had just found out that a part of a plan had been discovered.

He just shook his head calmly though. "I cannot tell you now, but you will find out soon." The man's eyes told her that he regretted not being able to tell her what she wanted to know.

Relena knew that it wasn't this man's fault. Her fist unclenched the rage in her lost for that moment. This man wasn't in charge. He was only following orders. Of course he was going to take her to the one in charge.

The thought of being able to question this person directly made her lift her head. Renewed determination burned in her eyes. She would get to the bottom of this situation, one way or the other.

"Miss Relena," The man's voice made her look back at him. "Would you follow me, please?"

She put on her best political poker face, and gave him a curt nod. "Yes, I will. Please lead the way."