Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Every Rose Has Its Thorns ❯ The Truth Comes Out... ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Every Rose Has Its Thorns

This is the second installment to the "Single POV" series. This is Zechs' POV. I think all of the stories will be very angsty. I just felt angry everyday I wrote them. Go figure…enjoy! //_~

Bold=Lyrics

Graffiti decorations

Underneath a sky of dust

A constant wave of tension

On top of broken trust

Am I a soldier? Or just someone who's been mislead all of his life? I could never tell. Sometimes the fear of winning got so bad, that I had to step back and think about my next move. I never think. That's why I have to end this now Treize. I can't love you anymore. My soul won't let me. If I'm the soldier, and you're my commanding officer, doesn't that make it illegal? It's like teachers and their students. And besides being illegal, you never trusted me with your secrets. I still don't know what it is with you and roses. You once told me that they symbolize love and passion. But what's that got to do with me?

The lessons that you taught me

I learned were never true

Now I find myself in question

Guilty by association

You took me under your wing when we were just children and taught me the ropes. I have become a commendable pilot and person because of you. If you hadn't helped me up those times when I fell, I'd be lost today. But those lessons about love and honour were all lies weren't they? When talking to me about love, you never spoke the truth. As I sit in this dark, cramped cell, I think about you. How you told me that I was invincible, and that OZ could never hurt me again. All lies! I hate you for that. When the court date is held, they'll find me guilty of association. Association with you. You, the liar who ratted on me when I needed you most. Maybe I didn't love you after all.

Paper bags and angry voices

Under a sky of dust

Another wave of tension

Has more than filled me up

Did you know Treize, that when your soldiers come down here to feed me they yell angry things at me and beat me with their bayonets? Yeah, they call me a whore and nobody worthy of Colonal Treize's affection. What do you say now? Still the same things. I thought so. Sometimes it's so cold down here that I can see my own breath. I remember you came down here once to see me. I'd been freshly beaten and you came with antiseptic for me. Remember? You carefully dressed the wounds and touched me very tenderly, like I was made of glass. Well, I was made of glass. You shattered me the day you had me sent down here. Now my heart is filled with hatred for you. A hatred that will last until even you die. I will come back to get you, my love. Don't worry about that.

All my talk of taking action

These words were never true

Now I find myself in question

Guilty by association

But even though I say these harsh words, I know they will never affect you. With all of the soldiers around you, how would a lowly pilot in a jail cell ever hope to get to you? Now I find myself lying and sayong bad things that only you would do. You have corrupted my mind! If I hadn't met you I'm sure I'd be lonely. After all, now I have something to look forward to when I die. Haunting your sorry ass. Maybe if you'd been a little kinder and not brought me in when I displeased you, I wouldn't be saying these things. I'm not even sure of what I want anymore. But my mind tells me otherwise.

I wanna run away

Never say good-bye

I wanna know the truth

Intead of wondering why

If I was to get out of here now, after these three years of Hell, I wouldn't bother you. I just want to get away from all of this bloodshed and hatred. I don't hate you anymore, I just think you need to be more caring in the future. I still want to know why you put me in here though. Was it because of the Gundam pilots? Was I getting to close to them or what? If I ever get away from you, and I find out that you've done anything to them, I will kill you. Maybe that is the answer. The closeness was too much for you. Well then Treize, this is the only way I can say good-bye to you. Please don't feel bad. The open window in the training room is the only way I could be released from your web of madness.

I wanna know the answers

No more lies

I wanna shut the door

And open up my eyes

I will miss you. And all of the times you were kind to me. Which weren't few, well, you know that. Now that I know the answer, I will leave you alone and try to move on with my life, or what's left of it. I think I'll just keep running until I find what I'm looking for. But I hate running. It's the cowards way of fighting. Anyone could tell you that, even you yourself.

Oh, and Treize? That rose I left for you on your bedside table, don't touch it if you want to live. I still remember the time you set all of your soldiers on me that night. Remember? Well I sure do. If you ever want to find me again, don't smell it. I'll be waiting for you, my lovely bastard.

Gonna run away

Lyrics~Runaway by Linkin Park