Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Eyes on me ❯ Eyes on me ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Eyes on me
Songfic from: Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec (Final Fantasy 8 CD)
Author: Supurrkitty

Disclaimer: I do not own the song nor any Gundam wing characters. I do own Umeko though!



Umeko stood in front of the large crowd of people. She had gotten to know them over the past week she had sung there. She went solo after her band, Leo, broke up. She found gigs at bars and clubs, but usually stayed there a week at most. Tonight was her last night at this particular bar and many people came, including her friends, Haruki, Relena, Duo, Quatre, and her sister Akira. Umeko saw all the familiar faces in the crowd, but soon noticed one more. In the far corner of the room, sat Trowa. She looked, stunned at the silent Gundam pilot. As Trowa caught her eye, he gave her a small smirk.


Whenever sang my songs
On the stage, on my own
Whenever said my words
Wishing they would be heard
I saw you smiling at me
Was it real or just my fantasy
You'd always be there in the corner
Of this tiny little bar


Umeko tuned her guitar as she prepared to perform. One last time, and with Trowa there. She'd have to make it special. There, it was done. Umeko smiled as she anounced the song she would sing. She glanced over at Trowa, who was ordering a drink. He looked up quickly at her, but turned as his drink came.


My last night here for you
Same old songs, just once more
My last night here with you?
Maybe yes, maybe no
I kind of liked it your way
How you shyly placed your eyes on me
Oh, did you ever know?
That I had mine on you


Umeko started to sing the song and strum her guitar. As she rose on the crescendo she smiled at all her friends, who smiled back. Umeko sang about fulfilling the hearts greatest dreams. She smiled over to Trowa who was wearing his ussual expression, like nothing could break him. But no one could hold him either.
"What's in his head? What are his greatest dreams?" Umeko thought and sang more.


Darling, so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt
As if you're never down
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know that you are no dreamer


Umeko softly ended the song and every one clapped. She bowed and took off her guitar for a break. As she went off the stage, her friends came to greet her.

" Nice job, Umeko!" Haruki said

" Yeah that was great!" Quatre said

" You sound much better, since ya went solo sis." Akira said

" Thanks Akira." Umeko said and made her way past the crowd and to the corner, where Trowa sat. She sat accross from him.

" Having fun?" Umeko said

" I liked your song." Trowa said and took a drink of his beverage. If he wasn't so distant, Umeko would have wanted to hold him tight.


So let me come to you
Close as I wanted to be
Close enough for me
To feel your heart beating fast
And stay there as I whisper
How I loved your peaceful eyes on me
Did you ever know
That I had mine on you


Umeko stared at Trowa, as he stared into space. She didn't care if he wasn't staring back, she just wanted it to stay that way forever.

" He can't be emotionless, no one is that way. He must be hurt so bad. If he'd just hint me into his head, I'd know. I want to comfort him. But he seems so sure..." Umeko thought on " I need to hint him in too, let him know I'm not some person that goes crazy over every man I see. I want to tell him I'm more than I appear, just like him..."


Darling, so share with me
Your love if you have enough
Your tears if you're holding back
Or pain if that's what it is
How can I let you know
I'm more than the dress and the voice
Just reach me out then
You will know that you're not dreaming


Trowa watched Umeko walk back up to the stage. She turned at the last step to smile and wink at him. She was very cute and hot, he had to admit. She always smiled and laughed.

" How can she stay that way, when so much has happened to her. Maybe she's like a
book, her cover is perfect, but someone scribbled on her pages. Or is she never affected by her own life, free of pain?" Trowa thought, listening to her strong voice sing about Endless love. He watched her lips move with every word.


Darling, so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt
As if you're never down
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know you are no dreamer


After the show, Umeko stayed at the bar until the crowd had gone. She exited the building late and walked into the dark of the night. She rubbed her arms from the small chill. Out of a nearby alley she spotted a tall figure coming towards her.
Trowa came out and smiled at her. He handed her a rose.

" Nice show." He said " Need an escort home?"

" Sure." Umeko smiled back.

They walked down the road, glancing at eachother every now and then.
They both said nothing, though everything needed to be said, feelings, pain.

But nothing need be said that night.


So let me come to you
Close as I wanted to be
Close enough for me
To feel your heart beating fast
And stay there as I whisper
How I loved your peaceful eyes on me
Did you ever know
That I had mine on you


Fin

~ So how was it? I liked it! it was fun to write in the middle of the night. I just love this song, too. I needed to get into Umeko's deeper feelings anyway. And what better way than with my first song-ficcy!