Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ False Alarm ❯ False Alarm ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer:
Gundam Wing belongs to the happy people of Bandai and Sunrise. Guess if I owned Gundam Wing I'd be pretty happy too.
 
 
"Hello Une?"
 
"Agent Maxwell, aren't you supposed to be on vacation?"
 
"Yeah, I am. But uh, I called because I kinda need a favor."
 
"Oh?"
 
"Not much really, I just need an assignment. Something that requires a lot of legwork would be preferable."
 
"There's an illegal ore shipment to L2 that needs seeing to. Agent Nicol is currently stationed on L1 and is on his way to L2. His partner is still recuperating from his injuries from their last mission. I'm sure he would appreciate your assistance."
 
Duo had to reassure himself first that the other Nichol, the psycho who went to L2 and asked him to test the Zero system, was long dead and gone before he gave his reply.
 
"Okay, that's cool. I'll take that one."
 
"Do I want to know what you've gotten yourself into this time, Maxwell?"
 
"I, uh, kinda, broke something of Heero's. Entirely accidental of course."
 
"Mhm. My sympathies."
 
"Gee, you make it sound like I'm already pushing up daisies. I'm not dead yet, y'know."
 
"My guess is that you're trying to prevent that particular outcome from coming to pass once Agent Yuy gets back from his assignment, am I right?"
 
"Couldn't blame a guy for wanting to live a little while longer. Anyway, thanks for the help, Une. Appreciate it."
 
Duo hung up and stared first at the phone, and then at the broken laptop on the floor.
 
"Guess I better get going before Heero gets back and decides to dice me to pieces and feed me to the fishies of the great blue ocean."
 
"And why should I do that?"
 
"Gah! Heero! What are you doing here?"
 
Heero tossed his coat to the couch and came to stand in front of Duo. He tilted his head to the side and gave his braided partner an inquiring look.
 
"I thought I live here."
 
"So you do. What I meant was, what are you doing back this early?"
 
"The mission was successfully completed at an earlier timeframe. "
 
Heero took a step to the side but Duo quickly blocked his view and prevented him from advancing any further. Heero tried to go for the other side but once again, Duo was quick to block his movements.
 
The two of them went at this little dance for a while before Heero sighed in exasperation.
Duo began to sweat bullets.
 
"Duo..."
 
"Ah, Heero, I...uh, well..."
 
"Duo, did something bad happen?"
 
"Sort of...um, see...it was an accident and I really, honestly, swear to all that's bright and burning that I didn't mean to..."
 
Duo felt Heero's hand on his elbow gently moving him to the side. Duo gave up, hung his head and tried to hunch into himself as Heero surveyed the remains of his precious laptop on the floor.
 
"Duo..."
 
"Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm really, really sorry!"
 
There was sigh and then he was being pulled to sit on the couch. Once seated, Duo felt warm arms around him drawing him into an equally warm embrace. Duo was confused but didn't try to get out of the circle of comfort offered to him.
 
Maybe Heero wasn't mad..?
 
"It's fine Duo. I'm not mad at you."
 
Maybe he wouldn't kill him after all...
 
Heero chuckled at that.
 
"No, I couldn't do that to my lover now, could I?"
 
"But your laptop..!"
 
"Could be repaired and replaced. I have back up files at the office, so it's all right, Duo."
 
"But that's important to you, isn't it? During the war, you never even let me touch it and now I've..."
 
"Was important to me. Things change Duo. And you brought about that change in me."
 
Duo never knew that the perfect soldier was capable of spouting such sappy lines when he wanted to, but it made him feel good. Damn good.
 
"However,"
 
Duo tensed again. Heero just bent close to whisper the next words to his ear.
 
"If you feel the need for me to punish you, I want you to know that I'm not entirely averse to that idea."
 
And the words were followed with a quick lick and a nip to his earlobe.
 
"In fact, I'm ready and only too willing."
 
Duo felt the temperature in the room rise. Or maybe it was just him.
 
"Punishment huh?" Duo eased into Heero's embrace and brought his hand around Heero's waist to tug his shirt out of his pants. Duo lazily ran his hands up and down his lover's back, savoring the soft silkiness he found waiting for him there.
 
"I'm not all averse to that either, not if you're the one dishing it out. But I'd have to call Une later to cancel that assignment with Nicol- ah!" Heero began biting and licking his way down to the sweet pale column that was Duo's throat.
 
"Aren't you supposed to be on vacation?"
 
Heero pushed Duo down on the cushions and went to back to the serious task of punishing his lover.
 
"Well, I kinda panicked and- ah, yess... right there..."
 
Heero chuckled.
 
"I'll call her later. I'm sure she'll understand."
 
"Yeah, go do that, but -ahh - later..."
 
"Yes,” Heero agreed delightedly. “Much later."
 
Owari