Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Attraction ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Don't own them.

Rating: Um. . . high PG-13?

Pairings: (shrugs)

Author's Note: It just came to me. I thought why not, I'll give it a shot.

------------------------------

Wufei slowly trudged into the dimly lit laboratory. He didn't know why the idiot, so called scientist, didn't use better lighting. He didn't even know why he got up every morning to come here.

'I need the money', he reminded himself.

Walking over to the desk that was assigned to him, he sat in the chair, grumbling under his breath. It was bad enough that he was assigned to reach on time, the scientist himself reached late. Every day! Looking around at the various test tubes, vials, and beakers, he snorted as he laid eyes on one labeled, "Extremely Dangerous, Do Not Touch". The only thing extremely dangerous in this lab was that baka scientist. The door opened, and Wufei groaned in vague disappointment as he heard the insane laughter of his employer. He was hoping that the man wouldn't show today. This way he could have went back home and crawl into his nice, cozy, warm bed.

"Hey slacker, I didn't hire you to sit around all day."

Glaring at the still hysterically laughing man, Wufei stood from his chair. Being an assistant to a mad scientist wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It sucked. All he did was sweep, clean up the mess caused by backfired experiments and go get the man his lunch. And he had to use his money to buy it! He made his way over to the corner that held the broom, glancing a look back at the man who was now starting to mix various chemicals together. Wufei bet the man wasn't even sure what he was doing. He was going to have to clean up after this idiot blew up the lab again. Sighing, he began to sweep, ignoring as the man mumbled to himself. Maybe he should quit? Yeah, that's exactly what he'd do. No, wait. That wouldn't be a good idea. He was already two weeks behind on his part of the rent. Even Duo had paid his share and he didn't even go to work! Now the braided teen wouldn't even get off his case.

His eyes glanced over to the table that held the extremely dangerous chemical on the table a few paces away and he stopped sweeping to look around to find that the lab was now completely empty. Where the man had gone, he didn't care to know, but his curiosity got to him. What was so extremely dangerous? Double-checking for the scientist, he began to make his way over, pretending as if he was sweeping. As he reached the table, his hand stretched out, grabbing the beaker and holding up to see what was inside. He'd never seen anything like this around here. It looked like some kind of urine. Quickly resting it back on the table, Wufei wiped his hand on his pants, completely disgusted by the fact that the man he called boss kept his pee in bottles. Taking a step back, he jumped as he bumped into someone.

"What were you doing?"

Turning, he found himself face to face with the scientist, the man pushing his glasses up with his index finger as he looked back at Wufei.

"Well?", he pushed, Wufei nervously laughing.

"Dr. Bullshit-"

"It's Bulshite!", he interrupted, Wufei taking a step back, "You say the long form of the I."

"Okay. I got it."

Stepping forward as Wufei stepped back, the man continued to stare Wufei down until the boy was backed against the desk that held the hazardous piss.

"Did I not inform you that you are not to touch anything in this laboratory without my consent?", Dr. Bulshite questioned, Wufei nodding, "And of all the things you choose to touch. The most lethal thing in the lab."

Flinching as the man reached behind him, Wufei stood still as the man cradled the beaker close to him, petting the glass. The man was truly insane after all.

"One drop of this could do more damage than you can ever imagine.", he whispered, holding the beaker in the air, "This is my first successful creation!"

Chuckling nervously as the man started to laugh out loud, Wufei slid out from between the man and the desk. Before he could sneak away, the man grabbed him by the wrist, turning him back to face him.

"Do you want to know what it is?", he asked, Wufei trying his best to free his wrist from the man's hold, "Well do you!"

"Um, no-"

"It's my very own chemical that can be used in a nuclear bomb!", Dr. Bulshite cried hysterically, "Just imagine how much the government will pay me to get a hold of this baby! If you don't stop moving so much, we might spill it and end up killing the both of us."

Completely freezing, Wufei waited patiently for the man to release his wrist, which he did eventually. As he looked up at the clock, Wufei found that it was very close to his break. Thank the gods.

"Well Dr. Bullshit-"

"Bulshite!"

"Right. I'm going on my break."

He made his way to the door, but stopped as he remembered that he had left his wallet on his desk. Walking over to it, he tried his best not to touch the still laughing man, whose glasses were starting to fall off of his face. Grabbing up his wallet, he turned around, but it was the same time that Dr. Bulshite had turned towards him.

The two knocked into each other, Wufei stumbling backwards, the doctor falling to the floor. Trying to control his now twitching eye, Wufei looked down at the doctor, whose eyes (as he could see through the glasses) were wide with fright. Feeling the sudden cold and wet feeling on his shirt, Wufei looked down to see the giant wet spot. Don't tell him that the stuff in the bottle spilled on him. Looking at Dr. Bulshite's hand, Wufei saw the empty vial.

"You. . . you spilled it on me!", he shrieked, the doctor smiling nervously, "What the hell is wrong with you! Just what am I going to do now! Why are you just lying there! Why don't you say something!"

"Oops?"

His eye now twitching, Wufei grabbed his jacket. This was the last straw!

"I quit!", he yelled, walking towards the door.

Stumbling to get up, Dr. Bulshite looked down at the beaker. Why wasn't he screaming and moaning in agony? He was sure that the concoction would have made the boy start to die a horrible death, but nothing was happening.

Watching as Wufei walked out the door, Dr. Bulshite sniffed the air. Why did he suddenly have the urge to jump the Chinese boy? Suddenly it dawned on him. This wasn't his dangerous concoction. These were. . . pheromones? He used this to help his Pookie find a mate. Wait. . . if this was the pheremones, then that meant. . .

Running over to a cage on the far side of the laboratory, he fell to his knees as he looked inside.

"Pookie? Why!"

But more realization hit him. If he had used his chemicals on Pookie, that meant that he had labeled the wrong beaker. And if he had labeled the wrong beaker, that meant the cat pheremones had spilled on Wufei. And! If what had spilt on Wufei was by perchance the pheremones, then that boy was in a lot of trouble. No wonder he had wanted to jump the boy a few minutes ago. Looking back up to his cat, he started to sob as he remembered that his Pookie was no more. A funeral was in order; he could try to help Wufei later.

------------------------------

Wufei stormed out of the building, throwing on his jacket. He couldn't believe that the guy had spilled the damn thing on him! Yet, he wasn't dying. So the man wasn't as successful as he thought he was; just insane. So what was in the beaker? Shrugging it off, he made his way down the sidewalk; just happy the man was a complete dolt who couldn't create harmful chemicals if his life depended on it. He was unaware of the many heads that turned to look at him as he passed them by. Neither was he aware of the small group of men that started to follow him.

As he walked past a couple who happened to be making out at a bus stop, the man pulled away from the woman, who stopped frozen with shock, beginning to follow him and joining the still growing group of men. Wufei sighed. He needed to clear his mind for a while. Convincing himself that he was okay, that nothing hazardous had spilt on him and figure out a way to get money for his rent. He took a sharp turn, entering the park and walking by a group of teenagers who were playing football. The game stopped as they all started to sniff the air, eyes turning to Wufei and the horde of men following him. Before you knew it, they were following Wufei, too. Women were just looking on in downright confusion.

It didn't take Wufei long to find that something was wrong. It sounded as if there was a parade behind him; a really big parade. Stopping in his tracks, he heard the following footsteps stop with him. Turning back, his eyes widened at the probably hundreds of men and teenaged boys that stood behind him. Okay, maybe hundreds was stretching it a little bit, but there were a lot of them. Looking over the mass of men, Wufei tried his best to stay calm. Was this Quatre's way of scaring him into paying the rent? No, Quatre wouldn't do something like that. He caught the glazed over look in their eyes and he wondered where he'd seen it before. Taking a step back, Wufei found that they took a step towards him. This was weird. He stepped back again, the men following him again. Okay, maybe he could test this out a little? Stepping to the side, he watched as they followed, his eyebrow rising in question. What was going on?

"I don't know who sent you, but I'm tired of this little joke.", he told them slowly starting to back away, but they still followed, "Okay bye."

Turning he continued to walk away, but wasn't quite able to ignore the fact that they were still following him. His steps started to become a little faster and he heard the following footsteps behind him start to speed up as well. Now this was getting down right scary. He stopped in his tracks, the army behind him stopping too, before trying his best to think of a way out of this. There really was only one way. Without hesitation, Wufei bolted down the graveled pathway of the park, the giant horde of men following him. Hopefully they'd get tired of chasing him and leave. What the hell was happening anyway? Why were they chasing him? Making his way out of the park, Wufei started to run as fast as he could in the direction of the house. Maybe, just maybe they'd fall behind, get too tired and give up chasing him. Looking back, he doubted the idea. What in the world was happening and what did he ever do to deserve this?

T.B.C.

I don't know where this is going and I don't know how it started. If you think it could be something, then tell me what you think. I don't want any flames though, I don't appreciate them. Ja ne for now.