Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Forever and Ever ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forever and Ever

By: Aria Lerendeair

Authors note: Hi everyone! For the full effect when reading this story listen to My Immortal. Just the name should tip off some of you. But, I ask that you read this and understand it. I cried while writing it and it was a very difficult story for me.

I don't own GW or the characters. Don't sue me, cause all you would get would be a few wadded up paper balls.

Pairings: 1x2, OCxOC

Rating: PG-15

This is for a very dear friend of mine, named Clover who died defending our country in Afghanistan. Be at peace my friend.

*Heero's POV*

I paced though the house, the soft reminders of your presence were everywhere I looked. An empty cup of ice cream on the coffee table, a manga book, part of the man series you own perhaps. I picked it up and thumbed through it. It wasn't like any of the others that I had seen, half of it was still in pencil. Realization struck me like a thunderbolt. *Duo was in the process of drawing this!* It was one you had made. You often complained of never having the correct utensils to draw properly. None of us ever paid attention to your complaints, they were made too often and too loud that we simply tuned you out. I looked closer at the pictures in the book. I received another surprise when I saw the two figures in the book. Pictures of you and I embraced in a passionate kiss. The emotions were so plainly drawn in the features of our faces I could have sworn you had taken a picture and copied it.

I sat down on the couch and began to read the story. It was wonderful and when I finished I had tears in my eyes for not noticing your incredible talent earlier. I carried the book reverently to my chest and continued into our bedroom.

The two sides of the room were so different I wanted to laugh at the sight but at the same time I didn't want to disturb the comforting silence that prevailed in the room. I saw your stack of dirty clothes piled beside the bed waiting for me to get angry enough and shout at you for not doing laundry and demand for you to do it. While you obeyed and traveled downstairs I would regret what I had said to you and you would just smile at me and shake your head. Then you would be in my arms and we would fall to the soft floor and make sweet, sweet love to each other over and over again until it seemed there was no one else here to disturb us, no one to give us orders, to separate us from each other. I smiled slightly as the memories surged up.

The time you had to refuse a mission to Dr.G's face so we could spend our anniversary together. When I set my own leg on Howard's ship then stole the parts from your Gundam to fix mine. I bet you never figured out that I knew you had been there hiding in the shadows to make sure I got away in one piece.

I looked away from your colorful side to the room to the "bleak and boring side" as you called it. The only decoration in my area was a single picture on my bedstand. You had given in to my for my past birthday. It was a picture of the both of us. With my arms wrapped around you and you lying back against my chest sleeping lightly in front of a large fireplace while it snowed outside. I was smiling down at your face with the gentlest look I could ever see on a person. I can still remember my thoughts in that exact moment. I had been watching Duo and seeing the firelight reflecting in his hair and I remember thinking that I have never seen anything more perfect or lovely in my short life. To this day that memory has never been equaled and never will. I opened a drawer beneath it and felt around before my fingernails caught in a break in the wood. I pulled the hidden panel out and glanced at the picture I had taken of the you after one of our glorious liaisons. You were laying on the bed unadorned but for your golden chain with the cross on it. Your hair was loose and covered your back and was scattered across the rest of the bed in glorious chestnut waves. A tear dripped onto the picture and I touched my eyes feeling the dampness on them. I never remembered starting to cry. I wiped the picture off with my thumb and tucked it inside my jacket pocket. A little piece of you I could keep with me for as long as I wished.

I walked back down the stairs and headed into the kitchen smiling at the memories of your antics in this room. I locked the memories away in my heart so they would never be lost or misplaced by someone less caring about your love and the light that you brought into the world. I left the house then. I would come back for that single picture on my desk then leave everything else as it was, never to be touched again by any hand in the outside world. You would always be alive in that house, I will make sure of it until the day I join you. I drew to the crest of the hill where you and I would always watch sunsets after the war. I looked back at our quaint home that you had declared would be perfect for the two of us. I don't know how you knew, but somehow you did, and you were right.

I felt tears mist in my eyes as I came up to the willow tree where, after every sunset we would worship each other's bodies and glorify at the beauty around us and in each other. I gently drew back the branches of the willow tree as the memories of me doing this hundreds of times but with my braided angel in my arms assaulted me. The tears began falling as I gazed at the small rounded gravestone at the base of the tree bearing a name more precious to me than any other I have ever heard.

Duo Maxwell

A.C. 180-A.C.200

"You were always the light in my

darkness. A pillar of light come

down to guide and teach me life.

You had a heart bigger than any

other in the Earthsphere.

Your love of life, compassion for

others and love for everyone

around you, even me. You will

be missed. I love you." - Heero Yuy

I felt the gasping pain wash over me once again as I read all I knew and loved about you written on the small gravestone by my own hand. I had painted the words in gold so when the sun set you would see it reflecting off all the way in heaven where I knew you were watching me with Sister Helen, Father Maxwell and Solo. As the sun began to creep beneath the horizon the light bounced off the letters making them so bright I knew without a doubt that they could be seen from heaven. Something in my heart told me that you could see the letters shinning and loved it. The thought filled me with just and sadness because you were not at my side to enjoy it. Overwhelming sadness shot through me again as I watched the sun set and a sad coldness crept over me because you were not here to chase away the dark demons that plagued my soul without your bright light to keep them at bay.

Another tear slipped off of my cheek and onto the hard granite stone and shimmered like a crystal. More followed as the emotions crashed over my weakening barriers. Finally they were all free and I dropped to my knees crying openly. Tears stained the ground falling like diamonds from my eyes. On the soft grass lay a pair of gold rings hanging off of a set of two glass roses intertwined and were attached to the grave as a memento and promise of us always being together.

I remembered the night I proposed to you and you accepted. We made love with a new passion and a new love in both of our hearts that neither of us had ever experienced before. It was an incredible emotion for us and you welcomed it with open arms and no fear. You taught me not to fear the love but love and simply embrace it and love it as I did you. I did as you asked and you knew how difficult it was for me to do that. But the look of pleasure and pride on your face outweighed any pain or suffering I had to go through to get you to look at me like that.

You died a week before we were to be married. When Quatre told me I had never known any pain greater than that moment when all my dreams of hope and happiness for the both of us came crashing down. I remember trying to deny it, then, seeing your body cold and lifeless something snapped inside of me never to be retrieved from where it was torn from my heart. I have not spoken a word to anyone since it happened and I very much doubt I will. You were one of the few people who tried to get me to open myself up to the world. I have closed away from everyone because I want no part in the world that took you away from me. A chuckle escaped me though I don't know why or where it came from. Maybe it was the look of exasperation I imagined that would be on your face and I so desperately needed to laugh. It was so hard without you here. You were the other half of my soul and I feel so empty and alone.

I will be joining you soon my braided angel. I won't kill myself to come up there, but something deep inside me says that we will be together again. Soon. The sun had finished setting and the sky was turning dark quickly. My heart clenched as that same shade of black seemed to close over m soul.

The stars began to come out and I left the side of you, my beloved. I walked to our second favorite place. We had been watching the stars in the sky and the lake below us.

You were lying on your side and I was facing you. Our faces mere inches from each other and our bodies entwined together. The ring I knew I had to give you was lying in the deep pockets of my gray slacks not far away. There was never a more perfect moment to seal our happiness together. I had rolled away from you for a painful moment then grabbed the small velvet box. I had rolled back to you now and you were looking at me with a warm look I immediately felt infused with light. I stumbled over my words and you just smiled. Finally I pulled the ring out and let my eyes and the ring speak for me.

I shook my head to rid myself of the swelling memories. I shoved all of my memories and feelings into a box in my heart and slammed the door shut sealing it away forever. I felt nothing as I walked back and retrieved the picture putting it in my duffel bag then I walked into the small two-room apartment I had rented close to work so I didn't have to buy a car and commute to the Preventers building. I opened the door and set the security system before throwing the duffel bag on the couch and heading into my single bedroom. I collapsed on the bed and just cried silently.

Weeping for my loss, the loss of your bountiful light, the love I treasured so close to my heart, you, yourself and all your beauty were not here to calm my fears and tell me everything would be all right. I fell asleep, as always, thinking of you; tears still streaming down my cheeks.

*Two Weeks Pass*

I was haggard, exhausted and so lonely. I missed you more than ever and each day the lonliness tightened its hold around me. Especially on missions, when you weren't there beside me, protecting my back as I often did yours. I heard a rustle of cloth and shoved all thought of you out of my head.

Suddenly I heard gunshots and a scream. No thoughts were in my head as I raced toward where people were screaming "Man Down! Man Down!" I turned around a corner and came face-to-face with a guard and disposed of him with a quick shot. Behind him Clover was down, shot in the leg and it looked like he was being held by Agent Firelight. They both knew that Clover was dead, security was too tight adn for the first moment I realized that Firelight was crying and Clover was telling him to run and get away. I knew they were involved and something in me, a little part of you perhaps told me they needed to get out and live the life we never had a chance at. I ran at them shouting instructions for their escape and telling them they had to get out and be happy. I shot down a few more guards then watched as they retreated. A wall of man stood in front of me and I began firing as fast as I could. I felt shots his my body but pain no attention. A shining light appeared in front of me and I heard your voice but I kept clinging to the mortal world firing into the army so Clover and Firelight would live. Then, I saw you, my angel with your arms extended. I ran into them and I was home.

Heero Yuy

A.C. 180-A.C. 200

"Finally the lovers are

reunited and they are

at peace. Live and love

forever in happiness my friends.

-Q.R. Winner