Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Forever Love: Part 1

Disclaimer: Uh oh, what am I up to now? Heh heh, it's more fan-fiction from the Spazz! Aren't you glad? This is only my second fan-fic, and it's my first Gundam Wing ficcy, so beware! I've been wanting to do a shounen ai fic about Heero and Duo for awhile now, but I wanted to finish my first fan-fic before I started this one. My first fic was a Sailormoon villain fic called "Bishounen no Mori." For anyone who's read that, I'm sorry! Uhh, I mean this fan-fic should be more serious...should be, although, knowing myself, there will probably be many silly scenes :P I can't help it! And, yes, I know there are already a million Heero and Duo fan-fics, but I just couldn't stop myself from writing about them ^_^;; They're soooo adorable! Ack, this was supposed to be the disclaimer -_-;; Uh, so the point is, none of these characters are mine, and this fan-fic contains Live! and Active! cultures, and is not Y2K compliant, so beware!

Comments/Author Notes/etc.: OK, now for the section that's actually supposed to be for my dumb comments ^_^;; The title comes from the ending theme song from the X movie...no, this is not a crossover with X, and it's not a song fic, either, but the song will come up later in the fic ^_^ This fic begins near the end of episode 49, right after Zechs blows himself up and Wufei gives Heero his Buster Rifle back (Sorry if that's a spoiler ^_^;;). So, I guess you might need a pretty good understanding of how the TV series ends to understand everything going on in the fic...but once the story goes on farther and gets into the lovey dovey stuff, it won't really matter ^_^ So, enough of my babbling, enjoy the fic!

By the way, in case you're completely Japanese illiterate, here are some terms used in this part:
Ninmu Ryoukai--(You should know this!) Mission acknowledged
Ninmu Kanryou--(Another you should know!) Mission accomplished
Shinigami--The Death God...Duo often calls himself this ^_^;; (Known as the Great Destroyer in the cut version dub...ugh :P)
Baka--Idiot ^_^
Ojousan--Lady, Miss
-kun--An honorific usually used for younger boys
-sama--A polite honorific used for superiors
Tsuzuku--To be continued
Omae o korosu--(Duh :P) I'll kill you
Omake--Bonus, extra

Erg, since I'm weird and this is a Gundam Wing fan-fic, instead of writing "Completed on (insert date here)", I'm going to use "Ninmu Kanryou: (insert date here). Sorry...The strangest things entertain me -_-;;

Ninmu Kanryou: 1999.11.21 (Last revision: 2002.03.09)* * * * * * * * * *

Forever Love

Part 1

Author: Sailorspazz (sailorspazz@yahoo.com)* * * * * * * * * *

AC 195 Christmas Eve

"Ninmu Ryoukai," Heero said as Wufei tossed him his Buster Rifle. Now that Treize was dead, and Zechs had been caught in the explosion of a chunk of the Libra and had supposedly died too, there was only one thing left to do to finally end the war that had been causing him pain and suffering for nearly his entire life. It was hard for Heero to believe that the end could be so near, and he briefly wondered what life would be like after the war ended...after all, the only life he'd ever known had been one of fighting. It was hard to imagine what he'd do when it was all over...

But there was no time for daydreaming. Heero had an important mission: Blow up the piece of the Libra that was currently hurtling towards the Earth. 'And besides,' he thought, scolding himself as he sped up Wing Zero to get ahead of the Libra, 'there's no guarantee that I'll live through this, anyway.' If he couldn't blow up the Libra with his rifle, the only other option was to self-destruct and hope that the blast from that would be enough to destroy it.

The piece of the Libra entered the Earth's atmosphere, with Heero right ahead of it. Once he figured he was at a safe distance, he turned around to try to aim at his target. Unfortunately, the Earth's atmosphere was doing severe damage to Wing Zero. The target aimer was shaking so badly he couldn't lock on. As chunks of Wing Zero began to fly off, Heero tried to focus harder...he'd come this far, he couldn't die now!

"I..." He thought of everything he'd worked for...all the work he'd put into his Gundam, all the training he'd done, all the people (innocent or not) he'd killed over the years.

"I..." He thought of the little girl and her puppy, how him accidentally killing Noventa had broken any trust left between the colonies and the Earth, all the people he'd wanted to save, his friends...

Friends?

"I..." Yes, he admitted to himself, the other Gundam pilots were his friends. He remembered how hard all of them had worked for peace, he remembered the brief moments they'd had trying to act like normal teenagers, and he thought of one in particular...

Duo...

"I won't die!!!"

Heero finally locked on to the Libra. He fired with all of his might, putting in as much power as he could, still holding an image of Duo in his mind...

There was a huge explosion, much larger than Heero had expected, and he was engulfed in the light from the blast. Luckily, he was far enough away from the Libra that the explosion did no more damage to Wing Zero. As the light began to fade, he flew back up into space where the others were waiting for him.

Finally, he might have a chance at a normal life...* * * * * * * * * *

The other four Gundam pilots watched half-nervously and half-excitedly as Wing Zero tore through Earth's atmosphere, barely ahead of the Libra.

'Dammit, this is an impossible mission!' Duo thought to himself, gritting his teeth, then he sighed and chuckled. 'Which is why Heero's the one doing it, I suppose.' During the few months Duo had known Heero, he'd learned to expect the unexpected from him. He'd found out that for Heero, nothing was impossible.

And, during that short time, he'd found himself falling in love with the suicidal Wing Zero pilot. He didn't know why or how, it had just happened. He sighed again. 'Baka baka baka!' he told himself. He looked at his screen and saw two streaks shooting through the atmosphere. Duo clasped his hands in prayer to the real Shinigami. He whispered softly, "Please, Shinigami, don't take him away yet..." He jerked his head up when he heard a loud explosion. He looked at his screen again and his heart sank when he didn't see Heero. Seconds later, however, he saw the form of Wing Zero emerging from the light. Duo breathed a sigh of relief. He couldn't stop himself from shouting. "Here he comes!" Duo had never felt more relieved in his life. His grin nearly cracked his face open. "You did it, Heero!" He heard the other three pilots say something in reply, but he wasn't really paying attention, as he was in a state of mind-numbing happiness and relief.

Heero's monotonous voice crackled through the line. "Ninmu...Kanryou." Duo sweatdropped. Heero had just ended the war that had been controlling the course of their lives for years, and what were his first words? Not a yell for victory, not "I'm number one!", not even a smile, just "Ninmu Kanryou." He dropped his head and chuckled again. That was Heero, all right, always the Perfect Soldier. He was about to comment on how Heero wasn't a normal human being when the other pilot switched his Gundam into Bird Mode and flew off.

"Hey, where's he going?" Duo asked.

"I think he's going to MO-II," Quatre said.

"Oh yeah, I guess we should go there, too...I need to check on Hilde," Duo said. After the Peacemillion rammed into the Libra, they'd been told that all of the patients in the Peacemillion's medical facilities had been transferred to MO-II. He and the other pilots flew off after Heero.

A few minutes later, they reached the unloading dock of MO-II. As they had thought, Wing Zero was already there. They weren't sure which way Heero had gone until they heard people shouting. They followed the voices and found that the source was the control room. There were so many people crowded into the large room that they couldn't find Heero at first. Duo tried to shove his way through.

"Hey, kid, watch who you're pushing...Hey, wait, you're one of the other pilots." The man Duo bumped into began to yell to everyone else in the room. "Hey, everyone, the other pilots are here!" Everyone looked at them and parted to form a pathway for them. They all cheered and applauded as they walked through.

Duo smiled and waved as he walked, but on the inside, he was wondering how he would react when he saw Heero. With the way he was feeling, he knew it would take a lot to control himself. He finally caught sight of Heero and his stomach turned in knots. It would take all his will power not to run up, throw his arms around Heero and kiss him passionately right in front of everyone...He started losing control and was about to do it, when...

"Heeee~~~~eeeroooo!!" Apparently, a certain pink streak that flew by had the same idea...well, the first part, anyway. Relena suddenly ran up and threw her arms around Heero's waist. "I'm soooo glad you're alright!" Tears started streaming down her face.

'Sheesh, talk about melodramatic...' Duo sweatdropped and shrugged. Oh well, now he didn't have to worry about making an ass of himself in front of everyone. He and the other three pilots walked up to where an uncomfortable-looking Heero was standing. "Yo, Heero." Duo grinned at Heero, who actually gave him a tiny smile in reply. Heero then looked down at Relena, who was sobbing into his Astro Suit, then back up at Duo, a silent plea to help him get rid of her. Duo tapped Relena on the shoulder. "Good evening, Ojousan."

Relena looked up and seemed to notice for the first time that other people were in the room. She pulled herself together enough to stop crying, then attached herself to Heero's arm. "Good evening."

Duo turned his attention back to Heero. "Hey, Heero, thanks for saving all our asses today." He grinned and clapped Heero on the shoulder. "We really appreciate someone finally ending this crazy war."

"Yes, thank you very much, Heero," Quatre said, being polite as always. "Without you, we never could have done this."

"Hn," was all that Heero said in reply, but the other pilots had known him long enough to know that this was his way of saying, 'You're welcome.'

Duo looked at Heero again and smiled. 'Looks like winning the war hasn't changed Heero at all...' Duo was suddenly struck by the thought of how things could be different now. Would the other pilots change? Would Heero change? Would he change? He hadn't known what the other pilots were like before they'd started fighting in the war together...would they quickly go back to the way they were before he knew them, or would the emotional effects of the war be long lasting?

As Duo pondered these things, he didn't realize he'd spaced out while staring at Heero, but Heero soon felt his eyes and looked towards him. Heero could tell that Duo was daydreaming and wasn't really looking at him, but he was still captivated by Duo's eyes...two shimmering orbs that reminded him of the Milky Way with their swirling violets, and pupils like black holes that were sucking him into their interior. He couldn't look away and, a small part of his mind admitted, he didn't want to look away. Suddenly, Duo's eyes lost that distant, far-off look and he was staring right back at Heero. Neither one could look away. They both felt like there was no one in the room but them; the other people had gone out of focus, and their voices became nothing more than soft murmurs...

One sharp, high-pitched voice, however, managed to rise above that murmuring level. "Heero. Heero! Did you hear what Quatre-kun just said?" Relena said, tugging at Heero's arm.

Heero broke his gaze away from Duo's and gave Relena an annoyed glare. "What?"

Relena ignored Heero's irritation. "He said that you five should go visit Duo's friend Hilde."

"Because we still haven't had the chance to thank her properly," Quatre added.

"Oh yeah, I guess I should go check on her..." Duo said, his heart still pounding from staring into Heero's eyes for so long. "Let's go." Most of the other people in the room were "celebrating with a few refreshments" (In other words, getting drunk off their asses ^_^), so no one seemed to mind that they were leaving. They were almost out the door before anyone noticed them.

"Oh, Relena-sama, wait!" The person who finally noticed them was Lady Une.

They all turned around. "Yes?"

"We need you to make the official announcement of the end of the war to the people of Earth and the colonies."

Relena sighed. "Can't I do that later? I need to show the pilots to Hilde's room so they can thank her. I'm pretty sure that most people think the war is already over, anyway."

"Oh, I'm sure we can find the way on our own, Ojousan," Duo said, earning a glare from Relena. He knew she was just looking for an excuse to keep hanging all over Heero, and he certainly wasn't going to let her have one!

"Relena-sama, this really needs to be done as soon as possible."

Relena sighed again, making Duo feel like smacking her. "All right." She let go of Heero's arm. "I'll come find you later." It could have been a statement to all of them, but she was looking right at Heero, and the way she said it reminded him of all the times she'd followed him during his missions. She made a movement like she was going to lean up and kiss him goodbye, but Heero swiftly turned around and left the room with the other pilots.

After wandering around a bit, they finally found the medical facilities of MO-II, and one of the nurses directed them to Hilde's room. Duo slowly opened the door and walked over to the bed, leaving everyone else hanging in the doorway.

"Hey, Hilde," Duo said quietly, "You awake?"

Hilde heard a familiar voice saying her name. "Mmm, wha...?" She slowly opened her eyes and found two violet ones staring back at her. "Duo?"

"Hey, at least you don't have amnesia!" Duo grinned and sat down on a chair next to the bed. "I'm glad you're alright, Hilde."

"Where am I?" Hilde asked, looking slightly confused.

"Oh, yeah, I guess you wouldn't remember, huh? Do you remember that data disk you gave me?" Hilde nodded. "Well, after you gave me that, you passed out from your injuries and got taken to the medical facilities of the Peacemillion. Soon after that, the Peacemillion rammed into the Libra and you were transferred here, to MO-II."

"Oh..." Hilde looked around the room...and saw a bunch of strangers standing in the doorway. She lifted the arm that didn't have an IV tube sticking out of it and pointed. "Duo, who are those people?"

"Oh, yeah, I forgot to introduce everyone!" Duo slapped himself on the forehead. "Come on in, everyone!" The other pilots entered the room. "Hilde, these are the other four Gundam Pilots." He pointed to each of them as he introduced them. "Chang Wufei, Quatre Raberba Winner, Trowa Barton and Heero Yuy."

Hilde looked at the other pilots. "Nice to meet you all. I've heard Duo talk about you guys a lot..." Hilde managed a weak smile. "I kind of feel like I already know you guys...especially Heero. Duo talked about Heero more than all the rest of you combined."

Heero looked at Duo, who put his hand behind his head and blushed. "Eh heh heh, well, you know, Heero's just so, uh, different and, uh..." Duo caught Heero looking at him and he stopped trying to explain. Heero wondered what it meant that Duo talked about him so much...he knew that Duo rarely shut up, but why did he talk about him more than anyone else?

Quatre broke the uncomfortable silence (A rare occurrence with Duo in the room). "Hilde, we wanted to come see you so we could thank you for getting that data to us. It was very kind of you to do that...Thank you very much." He bowed slightly.

Hilde blushed a little. "Oh, don't mention it. I wanted this war to be over as soon as possible, so I wanted to do anything I could to help, even if it meant risking my own life."

"I hope there's some way we can repay you."

"Oh, no, that's not necessary."

Duo leaned over to Hilde and stage whispered to her, "Hey, you should've asked for a reward! Quatre's rich!"

Hilde laughed and tried to scold him. "Duo!"

As Heero watched the two joking and laughing, he felt some strange kind of anger, an anger he could feel in the pit of his stomach...and his heart. When he saw Duo and Hilde together, he just wanted her to get away from him...what could it be? Heero suddenly realized he had discovered jealousy. But why? He and Duo weren't...Heero tried to derail that train of thought, but his mind taunted him. They weren't what? They weren't lovers like Heero had dreamed and fantasized about practically since he'd met the longhaired pilot? Even though Heero had often wished he and Duo were more than friends, he'd always restrained himself from doing anything stupid. He'd remind himself that they were in the middle of a war and it just wouldn't be smart to start anything with Duo; there was too much of a risk that they'd get too involved with each other and stop concentrating on their missions...But the war was over now. There was no need to worry about concentrating on missions...Heero wasn't sure what to do about what he felt.

As Heero wondered about these things, the former Queen of the World walked into the room. Heero was jerked out of his thoughts when she attached herself to his arm again. "Hello, Heero."

Heero muttered something under his breath.

"What did you say?" Relena asked.

"I said 'hello,' too," Heero said coolly. From across the room, Duo snickered. He hadn't heard what Heero had actually said, but from reading his lips, he could tell that Heero had definitely not said 'hello.'

Relena ignored Duo and continued. "I came here to tell you that I've made reservations for all of you at a luxury resort in the L-1 colony cluster. There are plenty of things for you to do on the colony, and tomorrow there's going to be a party to celebrate Christmas and the end of the war, at which you five will be the guests of honor. A week from now, there will be a New Year's party, and the people on the colony organizing the event hope that one or all of you will present a short speech about your experiences in the past year."

"We'd be honored to," Quatre spoke up. "It's so nice of you to do this for us."

"You guys are all heroes. You deserve a vacation, and I am honored to be the one to provide one for you."

"Sounds great," Duo said, bouncing to his feet. "When do we leave?"

"There is a shuttle ready to take off whenever you are."

"All right, let's go!" Duo turned to Hilde. "I hope you get better soon."

Hilde smiled at Duo. "I'll try my best."

"That's the spirit!" Duo grinned. "Well, off we go. Bye bye!"

Everyone waved goodbye to Hilde and went to where the shuttle was waiting for them.* * * * * * * * * *

"Woooooaah, this place is HUGE!" Duo exclaimed upon reaching the resort. "I've never been anywhere like this!"

The six of them stood in front of the huge arching entrance of the resort Relena had picked for them. It sat on many acres of the best land you could find on a colony, with large trees and sloping hills covered in snow surrounding it. Even though the landscape was artificial, it was still breathtaking. The resort itself was pretty amazing in its own right. As they walked through the large, intricately designed wooden doors, they were greeted by several men in tuxedos who took their luggage. All the boys had for luggage were their ratty knapsacks filled with the basic necessities they had taken with them on the Peacemillion, but the men treated them as if they were handling the luggage of royalty. After their bags were taken, they were approached by a woman who bowed to them and led them to an elevator. They were taken up several floors and when they got off the elevator, the six men who had taken their luggage were waiting for them. Each of them was led into the room where their luggage had been taken. They occupied six rooms, three on one side of the hall and three on the other. After Relena tipped the men, they gave them their keys, bowed and left.

"Woah, talk about efficiency!" Duo said. The six of them were standing in the hall outside their rooms. "It's kind of like being taken into jail, only not against our will, and these rooms are a helluva lot nicer than any jail cell." Duo took a peek into his room, which was on one side of Heero's room (Not surprisingly, Relena's room was on the other side of Heero's). "Wow, this is bigger than most of the houses I've lived in!" Everyone smiled and sweatdropped a little watching Duo 'ooh' and 'ahh' over everything in sight.

"Well, I have a meeting to attend," Relena said. "You five are free to look around the resort or go anywhere on the colony. I'll be back later."

After Relena was gone, Quatre said, "So, what does everyone want to do?"

Duo grinned. "Let's go have some fun!!"

Tsuzuku...* * * * * * * * * *

Spazz's Omake Theater!

Spazz: Waagh, I finally finished the first part of this! *Looks at her Chibi Gundam boys in Sailor Senshi outfits* Is it alright?

Chibi Heero: Omae o korosu.

Chibi Duo: *Munches on computer* Needs salt...and lemon. *wink*

Spazz: *Sweatdrop* I can't write lemon! Do you have any idea how much I would blush as I wrote it? I probably wouldn't even be able to look at the screen!

Chibi Duo: Well, when do Heero and I get to shag, baby?

Spazz: *Sigh* (I knew I shouldn't have let the Chibi watch Austin Powers...) You're Chibi Duo and you're not a part of the fic. You can shag whenever you want.

Chibi Duo: Sweet. *Jumps Chibi-Heero* *Gyu gyu*

Spazz: Umm, anyway...do the rest of you like my fic?

Chibi Trowa: .....

Chibi Quatre: Yes.

Chibi Wufei: Hn. Stupid woman.

Spazz: Those are just the answers I was expecting...for some unexpected answers, the readers should leave reviews or e-mail me at sailorspazz@yahoo.com to tell me what they think.

Chibi Duo: *Looks up from...uhh, what he was doing with Chibi Heero ^_^;; (Told you I can't write lemon!)* Hey, are you saying our opinions don't matter?

Spazz: Ummm...yeah. I'm writing what you do and say.

Chibi Duo: Grrr...*Turns to Chibi Heero* Heero?

Chibi Heero: What?

Chibi Duo: I have a mission for you. *whispers something in his ear*

Chibi Heero: Ninmu Ryoukai. *Turns to Spazz*

Spazz: *Sweatdrop* Uhh, nice Chibi Heero...down, Chibi Heero. *Chibi Heero pounces* Kyaaaaaaaa!!!

*This part ends with Spazz being ripped to shreds by Chibi Heero...be sure to tune in next time!