Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Love ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Forever Love: Part 4

Author babble: Woah, I took a really long break from this fic (Thirteen freakin' months!). Well, I'm back now, ready to write again. I think I needed the break because I'm not used to writing anything even remotely angsty, and the last part definitely had a bit of angst in it (for me, anyway, considering I usually do comedy...). Anyway, I'm still chugging along with this fic, so enjoy ^_^

Disclaimer: Me no own Gundam Wing.

Ninmu Kanryou: 2001.09.17 (Last revision: 2002.03.09)* * * * * * * * * *

Forever Love

Part 4

Author: Sailorspazz (sailorspazz@yahoo.com)* * * * * * * * * *

Heero sat on the bed of his suite, staring at the door Duo had just left through with a dumbfounded expression on his face. 'I can't believe that just happened,' Heero thought to himself. 'I was so sure Duo had feelings for me.' Heero couldn't understand why Duo would act the way he had the previous night and then just brush everything off in the morning. Heero had never seen Duo regretting anything he'd ever done before...of course, Heero hadn't even known Duo for a year; who was he to judge how Duo normally acted? Duo had certainly looked sincere the night before, and he didn't seem like someone who'd fake something like that. Heero had noticed that Duo didn't try to make any apologies about what happened, so it was unlikely that he had regrets about what they'd done...so what was Duo thinking? Heero just couldn't figure it out.

Heero sighed. Maybe he'd had Duo figured all wrong. Heero wasn't really the best at judging others in this kind of situation, as he'd been taught that emotions that were unrelated to his missions were erroneous. 'But,' he reminded himself again, 'I don't have any more missions to worry about...' That fact actually frightened Heero a bit; during the war, his excuse for not dealing with his "extra" emotions, as he called them, was that he had missions to concentrate on, and missions always came first. Now that the war was over, Heero had no escape from his emotions. He thought he'd found the way to deal with his feelings for Duo the previous night, but apparently Duo either didn't share the same feelings, or had now decided to hide his emotions for some reason. Heero was a skilled soldier, and was quite used to having his first option always work out, so now what was he supposed to do? Heero was in the midst of discovering all the things that most people have been used to dealing with all their lives, and it was a bit overwhelming to him.

Heero was brought out of his thoughts when a desperate knock sounded on the door. Heero hadn't even known a knock could sound desperate, but he knew there was one girl who could make everything she did around him seem desperate and obsessive. "Heero? Are you in there?" Relena's voice sounded through the door.

Heero wondered how Relena would react if he said 'no'. "Yes," he finally said.

"May I come in?"

Heero looked down at his naked self. He briefly contemplated what would happen if he answered the door as he was. Relena would most likely faint and hit her head on the floor, rendering her unconscious for quite some time. At least that would solve one of his problems. However, it would only be a temporary solution. Besides, Relena was wildly unpredictable; perhaps she wouldn't be shocked at all and would instead try to overtake him...he never could tell what that girl was thinking. He finally answered her question. "No, I'm still in bed."

Relena smiled at the thought. Heero, lying in his bed, all helpless...she blushed at the direction her thoughts had been going in. 'A fair maiden such as myself should not be having such impure thoughts! Of course, when one is in love, one cannot help oneself sometimes...' She pulled herself out of her "impure thoughts" and cleared her throat. "Well, I was wondering if you would like to come shopping with me. After all, you need to get some clothes for the party tonight, don't you?"

Heero thought about it for a minute. Sure, Relena was annoying as hell to be around, but maybe concentrating on being annoyed at her would help him keep his mind off the events of the previous night. "OK," he replied.

"Alright, I will return in one hour to pick you up. See you then, Heero." Relena scampered off.

Heero grimaced at the overly cheerful tone he had detected in her voice. 'Great, she thinks this is a date or something.' Heero was already beginning to regret his decision. He sighed and got out of bed, heading for the bathroom. 'Oh, well,' Heero thought once again, 'at least this might help me forget about Duo for awhile...' Heero climbed into the shower and smiled a bit as his thoughts drifted to Duo again. Although he still wondered why Duo had acted the way he had, as he showered, he allowed the more pleasant thoughts of Duo to take precedence for awhile.* * * * * * * * * *

Duo had been shopping for about an hour and a half, and he had acquired a sizable amount of purchases. He had intended on buying only the essential things he needed for the next few days, but since he had been informed by a store owner in the resort that Relena was picking up the tab on everything they bought there, he decided to splurge a little. Since Duo had spent most of his life in poverty, he really couldn't be blamed for wanting to have some nice, new things for once in his life. So far, he'd bought a few hundred dollars worth of clothes, shoes and jackets. He especially liked the leather pants and jacket he'd bought, which he thought made him look really cool (He was right ^o^). As Duo was leaving, he bumped into a couple walking into the store, causing him to drop some of the bags he was carrying. "Oh, geez, I'm sorry..." Duo began apologizing, then stopped when he realized he had just bumped into Heero, who had been entering the store with Relena. Duo stared for a moment before he put on the widest grin he could muster under the circumstances. "Hey, Heero. What are you doing here?" he asked, his voice strangely shaky.

"Shopping."

Duo let out an awkward laugh. "Oh yeah, I guess that was a pretty dumb question, huh?" Duo laughed again.

"Duo," Heero said.

"Yes?" Duo asked, heart fluttering at the sound of Heero saying his name.

"You dropped your bags."

Duo looked down. "Oh, right." Duo bent down to gather his fallen purchases, and Heero began helping him. Duo felt a tingle shoot through him when his hand touched Heero's as they reached for the same bag. Duo began blushing as his mind suddenly drifted to the last time he and Heero had been touching. Soon, they had all Duo's bags gathered, and, to Duo's dismay, Relena attached her arm to Heero's again...and he didn't look the least bit bothered. They stood in awkward silence for a minute, and when Duo's thoughts started heading in a naughty direction again, he decided he'd better split. "Well, I've got to go now. More shopping to do, and stuff...See ya later." Duo practically ran off, his face flushed as indecent thoughts about Heero continued to assault his mind.

Heero watched Duo's retreat in wonder, his eyes seeming to automatically focus on Duo's lower portions. 'Damn, he's got a sexy ass.' Heero immediately thought back to the last time he had seen Duo's ass. He blushed slightly. 'I can't believe I'm thinking about this.' Heero began realizing that sex was quite different from other bodily matters. He compared it to how when you have an itch, all you have to do is scratch it and the itch goes away. When it came to sexual desire, however, the "itch" didn't go away when you "scratched" it. Instead, it became stronger than before and it just wanted to be scratched again...and again and again and...Heero was pulled out of his thoughts when Relena began talking.

"Well, that was...unusual," Relena said. "I wonder why Duo was acting so strangely..."

Heero was shocked at her words. 'Wow, for once she actually noticed something going on that doesn't involve herself,' Heero thought. Seeing as how Relena was usually oblivious to the rest of the world, it was surprising to see her actually concerned for someone else. Heero wondered how she would react if he told her what had happened between him and Duo, but decided not to as it might kill her, and he didn't want to have to explain to the athorities what he was doing with the body of the former Queen of the World. He grinned as he came up with another, perhaps even more sadistic reply. "Maybe he has a crush on you," Heero said with a perfectly straight face.

Relena looked at him in horror. "Wha...What?"

Heero had to fight back his evil grin. "You saw how unusual he was acting. People tend to do that when they're in love." Heero believed what he was saying was true, though he doubted Relena was the target of Duo's affections.

"Oh...oh, my," Relena said, blushing. "I had no idea he had feelings for me...Oh, Heero, what should I do?"

Heero shrugged. "You can't stop a person's emotions," he said, then thought to himself, '...no matter how hard you try, even when they're your own emotions.' Relena stood with a distraught look on her face. Heero made a mental note that he could now think of one reason not to kill Relena: Toying with her mind was much more fun, and it gave her something to obsess over besides him.

Relena finally regained her composure after Heero's shocking "revelation," and said, "Well, I guess I'll just have to set him straight as soon as possible. Being so beautiful and popular really is a crime..." Heero had to use all his willpower not to gag at that remark. "Let's begin shopping, shall we?" Heero and Relena entered the store as Heero once again began thinking about Duo and pondering his actions...* * * * * * * * * *

Duo stormed straight to his room after his encounter with Heero and Relena. Once he closed the door, he let out a frustrated yell. "Auugh!! Stupid stupid stupid!" Duo yelled at himself, banging his head against the door on each "stupid." He rubbed his head and decided he should get away from all hard objects such as doors and walls. He flopped down on his bed, which, Duo noted, was still perfectly made up, as it had gone unused the night before. When he began thinking about why it hadn't been used yet, he smacked himself in the head. "Stop it! Stop thinking about Heero like that! You want to be his friend, remember? F-R-I-E-N-D!" Duo realized he should probably stop yelling at himself, as others who heard him might think he was crazy. Duo sighed. 'Maybe I really am going crazy...' he thought. He recalled the way he had acted when he bumped into Heero and Relena at the store. 'God, he must think I've lost it completely, stuttering and drooling like some fanatic little teenybopper meeting their idol du jour.' He couldn't believe he had acted like such an idiot in front of Heero. He certainly hoped he could keep from acting like that every time he saw Heero, or he would just have to stop seeing him altogether, which Duo certainly didn't want. It was just so hard to act normally around Heero after what had happened between the two of them. Duo smacked himself again as his mind began to wander in "that" direction once again and sighed. 'Looks like being just friends with Heero after what happened last night is going to be a lot harder than I thought...'

Tsuzuku...* * * * * * * * * *

Spazz's Omake Theater!

Spazz: Yay, that was fun-and-a-half! I can't believe I put off writing this for so long...I'm a terrible person.

Readers: *Nod nod*

Spazz: Hey, you weren't supposed to agree! *Sniffle* Anyway, in this part, we discovered a reason not to kill Relena! Messing with her mind is so much more fun. We should add that to the list.

Chibi Duo: And how long is the list of reasons not to kill her?

Spazz: Well, adding in the one I just discovered, the grand total of reasons is...one.

Chibi Heero: Wow. That's more than I would have expected from you.

Spazz: Eh heh heh...Well, anyway, I have something I'd like to make fun of now *Joy* In issue 8-12 of Animerica, they displayed the results of the annual fan awards. Guess which couple got first place?

Chibi Duo: *Hopefully* Me and Heero?

Spazz: No...you deserved it, but no. It was Tamahome and Miaka.

Chibi Duo: Oh. Whoop-dee-shit.

Spazz: That was my reaction. But anyway, in "honor" of their victory, here's a little scene of those two lovebirds for all to "enjoy."

Miaka: Tamahome...

Tamahome: Miaka...

Miaka: Tamahomeee~~~eee!!!

Tamahome: Miakaaa~~~aaa!!!

Both: *Come running together and hug in a flowery shoujo moment*

Tamahome: Oh, Miaka. Those last 47 breakups were terrible! But now, nothing can keep us apart. We're finally together forever.

Miaka: *Looks away melodramatically* Actually, there's something I have to tell you.

Tamahome: *Grabs her shoulders melodramatically* What is it, Miaka?

Miaka: I *sob* can't see you anymore!

Tamahome: *Gasp* But...but why?

Miaka: I can't tell you.

Tamahome: No, you didn't tell me the last four times, and you're supposed to tell me every fifth time.

Miaka: Oh, OK. Well, here's what happened: I was eating some alphabet soup and I saw the letters "YCST" floating together.

Tamahome: *Blink blink* ...And?

Miaka: Don't you see? It stands for "You Can't See Tamahome." Food wouldn't lie, Tamahome! I'm sorry...I have to go. *Runs away melodramatically*

Tamahome: Miakaaaa~~~!!!

Two minutes later...

Miaka: Tamahome...

Tamahome: Miaka...

Miaka: Tamahomeee~~~eee!!!

Tamahome: Miakaaa~~~aaa!!!

Miaka: Oh, I'm so happy to see you, Tamahome. I have some wonderful news!

Tamahome: *Grabs her shoulders melodramatically...again* What is it Miaka?

Miaka: Well, I was eating some alphabet soup and I saw the letters "YCST" floating together.

Tamahome: *Blink blink* ...And?

Miaka: Don't you see? It stands for "You CAN See Tamahome!" And food wouldn't lie, so I know now we'll finally be together forever!

Tamahome: *Hugs her* Oh, Miaka!

Miaka: Tamahomeeee~~~eee!!!

Spazz: *Wakes up* Well, wasn't that "entertaining?" This ending part is getting really long (as usual). See ya'll next time!