Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Free ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Free (GW 500 Challenge #37)
Author: kendra
Pairing: 1xR mention.
Warnings: Angst, a little philosophical.
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: I don't own GW and PSU owns my life.
Notes: I was editing a couple of old 1+3/3+1 fics I wrote (they can be found on DaMoyre's site, Silent passion under Kendra) and I got inspired.

AC 199

It was a cold and grey downpour outside. The man at the table sipped his coffee, happy that he was inside the little cafe. To any observer, the man looked a little strange with a sharp bang obscuring one of his eyes but no one would say anything about it. He looked at his watch; his friend was late. This was a surprise meeting; Heero was in town and had requested to meet with him here on L2 before the circus left the colony for L5. Trowa took another sip of his coffee as his guest joined him at the table.

Heero slid into his seat and took off his jacket. He was soaked from the rain but he acted as if that did not bother him. A waitress came over to the table and Heero said, "I'll have whatever he is having."

As the waitress went to get Heero's order, Trowa said, "I'm still wondering what this is all about."

Heero said nothing as the waitress brought over his cup of coffee. After she left, Heero asked, "How did you ever get used to civilian life after the war?"

Trowa paused as he stirred his coffee. He did not expect to hear a question like this from Heero but then Heero was good for doing the unexpected. Trowa then replied, "I never quite got used to civilian life." Then Trowa pursed his lips for a minute before continuing, "I never expected to though."

Heero stated as he ruffled through the pockets of his Preventers' jacket, "I've been thinking about this after Relena told about how bitter I am and how I need to find a way to let go of the past. I told her that I don’t know how.”

Trowa took a sip of his coffee while his eyes never left Heero’s. Then Trowa asked, “Are you still having the nightmares?”

Heero took a sip of his coffee before replying, “Yes.”

Trowa’s eyes narrowed thoughtfully while Heero said, “Relena deals with everything her own way, I know that she doesn’t mean to be mean when she says that I need to let go but-“

Trowa cut Heero off as he said, “She loves you and she wants you to be happy. I know, only a woman who loves you would allow you to leave her to try to piece together your past than to cling to you and smother you. She only meant the best when she said that.”

Heero sighed; the years had changed him to where he was willing to talk more but he still found it hard to share his feelings with anyone. He said, “It seems like I have a pretty good life; married to Relena Darlian, a good position in the Preventers but it’s unfair that I still have to deal with all of the memories from the past. When will it be my turn to finally be able to let go?”

Trowa nodded; it was a question that he could not answer because Heero would have to deal with that on his own. Trowa said, “Life is not easy and we all have things we have to deal with and overcome.”

Heero sighed again as he stood up and put on his jacket. Leaving a five on the table, Heero left abruptly as he came in. Trowa took one last sip of his coffee, wishing his friend good luck.