Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Full Circle ❯ Full Circle ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Full Circle
Author: Ashurii [ashurii@gundamwing.net]
http://www.charade.2ya.com
Pairings: 1x2
Warnings: AU, Slight OOC, Sappy Sap-ness.
Rating: Umn... PG? -_-;
Disclaimer: I own nothing. And it's as simple as that, huh?
AN: Full Circle is a strikingly beautiful song by Loreena McKennitt. If you haven't heard it, I suggest you download it - it's wonderful. And so, that makes this a songfic.

And here I come out of lurk-dom to post this. ^_^;

/+/ quack quack /+/ = lyrics
~ blah blah blah ~ = thoughts

Full Circle
----------------------------------

/+/ Stars were falling deep in the darkness
as prayers rose softly, petals at dawn /+/

Duo sat in his usual place on the window seat watching the sky. He couldn't sleep, and it was very late, somewhere near midnight. He grumpily recalled the fact he had to be up for work in a few hours, but let the thought sweep out of his mind just as fast as it had come.

He continued to watch the stars, watch them twinkle and dance in the dark night's sky. A soft, yellow-toned streak of light shot across it, illuminating the stars around it. Duo smiled softly; he loved to see the shooting stars ... it reminded him of someone.

He looked down at the black rose in his hand, and continued pulling petals off, reciting the old love charm he'd heard since his childhood. He didn't believe in such childishness, of course, but ... it never hurt to try, did it?

~ He loves me, He loves me not, He loves me, He loves me not ... ~

/+/ And as I listened, your voice seemed so clear
so calmly you were calling your god /+/

The world seemed to be totally quiet, seemingly at peace. The house was devoid of the usual clicking sounds Heero's relentless typing would make. Duo had found himself searching for the pleasantly familiar earlier. He tried typing himself, just nonsense to make the noise, but somehow it wasn't the same.

Heero had gone. Left over a week ago for a "mission", he had explained. This just confused Duo more as the war had been over for some time now. What kind of "mission" could he possibly be called on? And ... he hadn't came back yet. Duo grew more and more worried each passing day, envisioning worse and worse fates for his love as time passed him by.

Sometimes, when he felt most alone, he could still hear Heero's voice calling for him ....

/+/ Somewhere the sun rose, o'er dunes in the desert
such was the stillness, I ne'er felt before /+/

He found himself outside, still in his pajamas, kicking his bare feet at the sand and stone that surrounded their midwestern house.

Everything was so quiet. Too quiet. He couldn't stand the quiet and had tried endless times to fill it up, but nothing seemed to feel right.

/+/ Was this the question, pulling, pulling, pulling you
in your heart, in your soul, did you find peace there? /+/

~Where is he?~ Duo thought hopelessly, glancing up at the dark sky as another star streaked above him.

------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

/+/ Elsewhere a snowfall, the first in the winter
covered the ground as the bells filled the air /+/

Heero stood, surrounded by white, watching the soft, tiny flakes of snow fall from the sky around him. The village behind him was having a festival, something like "Yule" they had called it. But he wasn't truly here for that. If he had been he would have taken Duo along.

Truth was, Heero was afraid. He was afraid of the direction their relationship was taking. Of course, he did love Duo with all his heart, but ... Marriage is what scared him. He knew it's what Duo wanted, that his braided koi wanted to spend the rest of his life with him. But somehow that scared him. Maybe he was afraid of not making Duo happy. Maybe he was afraid of commitment. Maybe he was afraid of loosing his passion for all that was his Duo. He didn't know.

Behind him, soft music had begun to play. Beautiful orchestrated music - violins, piano, an acoustic guitar, and bells ...

~ God, those bells sound like that soft twinkle in his voice ... ~

/+/ You in your robes sang, calling, calling, calling him
in your heart, in your soul, did you find peace there? /+/

Heero absently hummed a song Duo loved, one of the ones he would always sing, always play, always dance to. He smiled softly as he remembered the first time he had caught Duo dancing like a maniac in their living room. It was the first time Duo had seen him laugh, he was sure of it. He had laughed so hard he almost cried. Then Duo had thrown his shoe at him and told him to shut up, and challenged that the Japanese boy couldn't do any better.

Such happy memories they had together ...

He glanced back at the small village, and frowned suddenly. What was he doing here? He knew the answers to all his questions, he just needed time to stop and think. He did love him.

~I do ... ~

"I do love him ..." he whispered absently to himself, smiling softly at this realization.

Finally at peace, Heero retreated back to the village to arrange for the fastest plane ride back to his lover.

** OWARI ***

-------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------
Yes ... well. *sweatdrop* Was that any good? I really can't tell -- it's been so long since I've wrote anything GW-related. Just finished a 14-page story on vampires for English, so ... I'm trying to get back into fanfic wrighting.

Please tell me what you think!!