Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing One Shots ❯ A Glass Heart in a Living Doll ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Glass Heart In A Living Doll

Yay A sappy angsty 1xR death fic! Read and be depressed!

She smiled as she ran down the terminal. Heero came back! Just like he said he would three years ago, but she had waited and she had believed and she had faith in the right place for once. And as she ran through the airport through the crowds of people she actually looked her age. Free from the politics and the fear of the rejection of her love. He loved her, because he had come back, right? She smiled as she tossed her wheat-gold hair over her shoulder. Then she saw him, dragging his suitcase, he looked up at her, with his usual blank expression. She smiled and was about to shout out to Heero when he turned to the yellow-haired girl next to him and smiled, then she saw the rings, on both of their fingers, golden rings. She choked on her sob, whirling and running off into the crowd.

She drove home herself, driving at break-neck speed. Repeating over in her head she thought, must run, must get away, not real, I know it's not real.

~!~!~!~!~

"Thank you for the ring Sylvia. I want to remember this summer perfectly, you are on of my best friends now."

"I know that means a lot Heero, `especially from you, man-of -few-words-and-less-affectionate-gestures. Don't you think you should find Relena now?" She made a kissy face and he grimaced at her. She was such a kid, she was the little sister he wasn't sure he wanted but got anyway.

"I wonder where she is. She promised she'd be here to meet me."

"Probably got stuck in traffic." Sylvia shrugged. "We can call a taxi, meet her at the hotel." He frowned, but agreed, wouldn't do to just stand here for an hour.

"Sure."

~!~!~!~!~

Relena stared at herself in the mirror.

"Am I defective? What's WRONG with me!?!" She rubbed her already swollen eyes as a few choked sobs escaped her constricted throat. She sobbed harder and collapsed, sliding to the floor, against the wall. She whispered to herself. "Why can't he love me?" She was seized with a sudden anger, she grabbed her hairbrush and threw it across the room, and it hit the wall with a heavy thwack, and then fell to the ground.

"Why can't he love me!?!" She practically screamed at the pale girl in the mirror. She looked so much like a doll, all white with straight golden hair and big glassy blue eyes. Just a doll, cute and hollow, if you pulled a string it would say things, deserving nothing and yet so easily broken, shattered into thousands of pieces. She was just a glass doll, with a glass heart. She frowned at the doll in the mirror. And then she yelled at it, incoherent phrases that seemed caustic even coming from her silvery voice. She punched the mirror, and the doll was gone, replaced by shatters of glass and a bleeding fist. She stared at her knuckles and rocked back and forth, watching the blood welling down her hand.

She couldn't face them like this; she couldn't face Heero at all. Besides it wasn't worth it, Heero was the meaning of her life, but her glass heart was broken, and the shattered pieces would not fit back together. She let the thick, salty tears slide down her face, smearing her makeup, and puddling underneath her eyes. Relena wandered to the bathroom. She stared at the doll that was staring at her again. This doll seemed different somehow, older, the makeup fading of its face, its hair disheveled. But it was still a doll, nothing but a fucking doll. She punched that mirror too. The pain felt good. She wanted the pain, she wasn't worthy of anything else, she was nothing but a doll with a broken heart. She rummaged through the cabinets, pills, sleeping pills. Prescribed by the doctor for the horrible dreams she'd had recently.

She stared at the pills for what seemed like forever, they were so different. But she wanted to take them all, to forget her pain, to forget the doll and to forget this life. She gulped them down angrily, a gesture of defiance against the world that wore so hard on her. And she was happy, because soon, soon it would all go away.

She lay down on the bed and closed her eyes, waiting for the dark tide of sleep to wash over her.

"Relena?" It was Heero, she screamed silently NOnonono! She knew she couldn't face him but her limbs were so weary, she couldn't move, she felt weighted with lead.

"Relena!? I'm opening the door now!" He methodically broke down the door and had two seconds of shock, in which he took in it all, the pills, Relena, the mess in the room.

"Relena!?! NO!" He rushed over to her. Trying to perform the Heimlich maneuver but she pushed him away, or at least put up a weak struggle. He stared down at her pale face and he cried, something he never thought he would do.

"Why Relena, I came back for you!" She sighed softly against him.

"You came back with her, your fiancée."

"I don't have a fiancée, Sylvia is my friend." She smiled up at him.

"Then I fear I have made a grave mistake, but I am so tired, so very tired Heero." Her voice began to falter, going whispy as she forced the words out of her mouth.

"You can't die Relena! I love you." She smiled then.

"I….I…love…you…too." She closed her eyes and he stared down at her. Then he sobbed, and the perfect soldier put his arms around his love and cried, cried for the end of it all.

Yay! 1xR sap *dances in circles* Review….you know you want too *blows a kiss* Buh-bye!