Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing: Psychosis ❯ Death meets Death ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: Read chapter one. I'm too lazy to write it up again.

Note: Love reviews! Thanks for those that did put one up for me!
---^-^------------------------------------------------------------- -------------

Operation Meteor is an operation created by the colonies in order to fight back against the oppression of the United Earth Sphere Alliance (EUSA). Five mobile suits made from the toughest substance known to man, Gundarium, and with the base blueprints of the legendary Mobile Suit known as Gundams, bring hope to the colonies for a brighter future promised by their dead leader, Heero Yuy.

Unfortunately, this plan was found out by the UESA, and a race against time begins as Oz, the secret police force behind WF, also steps up their timetable to take advantage of Operation Meteor. Hiding behind the mask of honor and peace, the OZ leader Treize Khushrenada decides that this is a perfect opportunity to reveal OZ's true identity to the world and beyond, and establishing themselves as leader of the known universe.

Unknown to either force, a third force has slowly begun their agenda of peace and destruction with it's own Gundam made from technology of the past. Built by a hidden power, its goals are shadowy at best, and even more obscure than OZ.

It is After Colony 195, and forces that seek peace in their own image are about to create a turning point in human history as their forces clash and wars flare all across the known universe. A time of chaos and beginnings, to bring upon an end of the past.

Gundam Wing: Psychosis
Chapter 2: Death Meets Death

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------


"Mr. Darlian, what did you discuss at the Colonial Summit this time?"

Reporters were stuff packed all across the airport as the Alliance's foreign minister and her daughter exited, accompanied by some family hired guards. They were slowly making way towards a car that was awaiting them outside.

"What are the Allied Colonies' demands on the Federation? Give us a comment, Mr. Vice Minister?"

"Everyone is anxious to know if they will declare war on Earth."

"Please tell us something, Mr. Darlian!"

As they finally reached the outer doors of the airport, they found Alliance officers have cleared the area to meet them. "Welcome back, Mr. Darlian." Dan, the Alliance representative said. "A car from the Defense Department is waiting outside. Please follow us."

"So soon? Oh well. I guess I should have anticipated that." John Darlian said, sighing. "And here I was going to prepare a birthday party for my daughter this afternoon."

"We have prepared another car for your daughter too." Dan said, hoping to impress the Foreign Minister.

"Well, it can't be helped." John said, as he turned to Relena. "Check up with our cargo, then head home. I'll try to join you as soon as possible."

"Please don't worry about me." Relena replied, smiling lightly and with a drop of sarcasm. "I *do* know how to get home."

John laughed lightly and then turned back towards Dan. "Let's go then. I'm sure General Septele is anxious to see me, if he sent you."

Dan smiled and led John towards into one of the UESA cars where they left the airport, heading towards the Alliance building in the center of the city.

Relena simply smiled as she walked towards her own car, where Pargan, her personal helper, was waiting. "Is the cargo loaded?" she asked politely.

"Yes Ms Darlian. It's loaded up and ready to be transported." He replied, nodding.

"Good." Relena replied, then wondered "Who's the pilot of that 'thing' Father brought with him?"

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------


Later on in the afternoon, Relena was walking on the beach near her house. She was wondering about what her father does, both in pubic and private, thinking how they don't match.

"Father... If this were a movie, I'd say 'Father, you don't care about my birthday, do you?' then I'd run away..." She giggled as she touched the watch on her hands. A gift from her father. "Damn military plates... If there weren't such things, this place would be an ordinary, peaceful spaceport... Well, time to go home." She said to herself.

Just as she was about to leave when she notices something floating onto the beach. Curious, she lightly jogged towards it.

"A man?" she gasped at the spacesuit configuration. "A colony spacesuit... Is he a solder? I'd better call someone!"

-------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------


Treize Khushrenada was sitting in a small room, facing a monitor with Zechs online.

"You lost three Mobile Suits?" Treize asked lightly.

"Yes." Zechs replied solemnly.

"It doesn't sound like something you would allow to happen. It'll cost my hours of headaches to come up with an excuse to explain to the Federation leaders..."

"The enemy turned out to be a Mobile Suit made of Gundanium alloy." Zechs seriously reported.

"What?" Asked a slightly startled Treize.

"If it was actually build on a colony..." Zechs warned.

"If you and I had been with OZ from the beginning, I'm sure such a mess would never have occurred." Treize assured Zechs.

"So you think it's a Gundam?" Zechs asked.

"What else could it be?" Treize said. "The Federation should have paid closer attention to each colony."

"The Federation Marine is trying to recover the downed Mobile Suit."

"I'll tell them we'll take care of it. I'll also send you a special under-sea unit. You'll be in charge of the operation to retrieve... it."

"Yes, sir." Zechs saluted.

"As you know, time is of the essence. I don't want to provoke the Federation leaders unnecessarily." Treize said as he prepared to cut connections.

"I'm aware of that, Sir." Zechs replied with heavy sarcasm, just before his image winked out.


Later, in the Alliance political meeting, the alliance leaders, with General Septem sitting at the head, was waiting for a report on some information he got.

They were about to tell someone to call Treize again when the doors open and Treize Khushrenada walked in.

"I'm sorry I'm late." Treize said, as he took his seat on the council.

"Colonel Treize," General Verity asked, "is it true that one of your men lost 3 Mobile Suits when his freighter re-enter the atmosphere?"

"Yes," Treize replied, "is that a big problem?"

General Septem angrily got up and yelled "You wasted three of our precious Mobile Suits for just one spy!"

"But because of that," Treize calmly replied, "we successfully prevented the enemy's conspiracy."

"I'm not talking about the results right now!" Septem continued to storm on. "What do you think about this waste of precious resources of the Federation?"

"Precious resources?" Treize scofted. "Excuse me, but do those 'resources' you're talking about include military personnel as well or do they simply refer to Mobile Suits?"

One of the elder members spoke up. "Damn you! Don't be smart to me!"

Another elder member spoke up in a patronizing tone. "Now, now... Colonel Treize, next time, be more careful."

"Yes, sir." Treize replied while acting mollified.

"Now," another member said, "let's move to today's agenda: How to prevent the colonies from forming a New Alliance."

Inside, Treize was thinking "After all those peaceful years, the Federation Armed Forces of today knows nothing about war. No doubt only one organization can determine the future of Earth. Only Oz could..."

-------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------


Back on the beach, Relena has taken the chance to pull the body away from the waters, and peeked into the suit. "He's still a child..." Relena breathed as the figure awakes. "Don't move... a small med team is coming."

The figure suddenly stands up and covers his suit's opening. "Did you see it?" he asked.

"What?" Relena asked, startled.

"Over there!" a distant figure, recognizable as one of the medics she called.

The figure suddenly puts his hands over a button on his suit. Nothing happens at first, so he hits the button. A small muffled explosion is heard, but nothing can be seen.

"Hurry!" one of the medics said as he rushes with his partner down the stairs towards the beach, when suddenly the boy launches himself towards the pair. They were quickly pushed and shoved out of the way as the boy kicked them down the stairs and hijacks the car that they drove there.

Relena quickly runs after him, pausing a while to check on the medics to see that they are fine, and stops at the top of the stairs, watching the disappearing figure of the car fade.

"I am... I'm Relena Darlian. And you're...?" she asks, feeling incomplete at the introduction.

Her watch suddenly shook with a small 'buzz' and she looked down. She immediately takes enters the small van that the other medic drove, and rides home.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------


In an OZ base near Guam, everything was quiet. The solders were casually looking at the radar when suddenly explosions sound.

"What the...?!" the senior officer asked. "Enemy attack?!"

That was the last thing he ever said as the control tower became the target of a flying shield, fired from the black MS. Inside of the Gundam holding a large beam scythe, the brown haired pilot recorded "This is Duo. Primary mission completed. Now I might as well play around with these guys for a bit longer!"

--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------


At the Dover spaceport, things were chaotic to say the least. Screams of dying solders could be heard as a MS trampled through it.

"This is the Spaceport!" the frantic pilot yelled into the radio. "We're under attack!"

"A surprise attack?" another pilot asked, his eyes a bit wild. "Who the hell is it?!"

As they speak, a red and orange MS of a different design to theirs appeared from behind some smoke. Its eyes glowed green as energy pulsed through its systems. The trademark face of a Gundam can been seen slowly as the smoke dissipates. The fact that it was holding a rather large beam Gatling gun mounted on the shield.

"I have no idea..." the first pilot said as he stared at the MS.

"Well, now that they've seen me..." the pilot said, firing its heavy arsenal of weapon into the group, "I have no choice. I thought destroying the spaceport was enough... But now I have to destroy you."

After demolishing the group, he flips a switch on the side of his control panel, and stated, "Battle record: No. 001. Recorder... let's just say Trowa for now."

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------


Meanwhile, in the Arabian Desert, bunches of MS were looking for the site where a shuttlecraft has landed. Using modified Zaku IIs, they started combing the desert.

"Are you sure this is the area where the enemy fighter fell?" Pilot of 01, the leader asked.

"Yes." One of his officers replied, pointing towards an area the plane was last located.

"I don't see anything." The leader replied. "What the...? What's happening?!"

Suddenly, the sand around the group started to shift as figures emerged from what was sand dunes. Brown Maganacs appeared after the sand ran off the body of the sleek MS, with their weapons pointed towards the trapped group.

"It's the enemy! Enemy attack!" the second exclaimed, bring up his weapon.

"Are we surrounded?" the leader asked as the small group of Zakus stopped back to back. "It was a trap!"

"Commander!" the second yelled, pointing his MS' hand towards a figure in front.

"What?!" the leader exclaims, seeing the MS up close.

It was of a similar configuration of those that has attacked the bases, even though the squad didn't know that. The most distinguished feature of this Gundam is the fact that it supports a pair of heavy blades it was holding, one in each hand.

"Drop your weapons and surrender. I have no intention of harming you." The blond haired pilot said through the speakers of his Gundam.

"FIRE! FIRE!!!!" the leader said, opening fire at the Gundam without any luck.

The Gundam didn't give them a second chance as it activated its heat blades and desicively destroyed each and every Zaku.

"This is Quatre." The pilot of the Gundam reported. "The Commander's Suit has been destroyed." He looked down at the pile of scrap near his Gundam's feet. "I told you to surrender..."

---------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------


In Eastern China, what looks like the remains of an OZ base can been seen against the horizon. Smoke can be seen coming out from the destroyed buildings.

Walking slowly away, a Gundam can be seen with its beam glaive hung from its back and dragon fang armed on its arms. It trampled over some light jeeps as it made its way through the forest.

Inside, the black haired pilot frowned and checked for his next destination. "I'm Wufei. I won't hide or run away until I win this war."

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

The Alliance supply base near Victoria wasn't looking any better either. Because it was only a supply base, it wasn't as heavily armed as the Victoria base, but it held quite a number of Alliance units and OZ Suits.

Most of the units were destroyed and in rubble, but there were a small pocket of OZ and Alliance units holding out in a building.

"Do you know what attacked us?" one of the OZ solders asked from inside his Leo.

"I don't know... it happened so suddenly!" An Alliance solder replied, frightened.

"Let's go out, and blast whatever it is that attacked us!" an OZ solder exclaimed, commanding his MS to rise.

"But we don't even know where the enemy is!" Another Alliance solder despairingly said.

"You don't have to look for me anymore." A distorted voice said, echoing in the building.

"What?" "Where?" "Stay in a circle!" the bunch exclaimed as a shadowed MS appeared.

At first sight, this Gundam was like the one seen in the previous bases. Some differences, like it doesn't have the same cockpit 'torso', or the exhausts. It was also missing the shield, and does not support the pair of wings on its back. Instead, there was a tri-wing, stretching a V shape towards the sides of the shoulder and one down below the back. There also was a pair of large bulges on the back besides and below the 'wings', that seemed to extend as the pilots watched, and move below the arms.

In the torso area, were a slight bulge of the cockpit, and in the center was a red gem. Along the side were small ripples that can be identified as vents, but only barely. The shoulders were slightly pointed, but rather wide for any other MS, and the arms were normal as much as the solders could see, but a shimmering field could be seen in the dark against its left arm.

The legs had these slight 'pods' that seemed to close as the dust around the Gundam settled. Thrusters could be heard at the back of the legs as it suddenly brought up its right arm, which held a slightly smaller, single barrel beam rifle as the one shot down from the sky.

Immediately, the pack of MS and tanks opened fire at it and just as quickly, it heft its left arm across its body. Arcs of light danced across the beam shield as the bullets dissolved across the energy field.

The back of the shoulders suddenly seemed flip open as small little oval shaped things flew out, and around the shielding and fired at the group. Energy shot from the funnels and created holes through the titanium alloy like Swiss cheese.

Engaging all its engines, the Gundam proceeded to systematically destroying all the Alliance and OZ units at the supply deposit, and blowing up the supplies themselves.

"X reporting." The pilot said. "Alpha and I are heading back to base. Have a nice bath ready for me."

------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------


Back on Zech's ship, the officers were having a 'heated' discussion.

"What's taking the undersea unit so long?" the first officer asked, getting annoyed. "They say they'll be here in two hours."

"What?" a second officer asked, also feeling annoyed. "Are they having a break or something?"

"Take it easy." Zechs said as he opened an envelope in his hands. "That Mobile Suit's not going anywhere. Besides, this sea trench is very deep. It'll take quite some time for the Navy to search it anyways."

"But..." the second officer started.

Taking out the sheets from inside the envelope, he proceeded to lay the pictures on the table. "And," Zechs interrupted, "I have something interesting here."

The officers closed in on the table and looked at the pictures. "This is..." the second officer asked.

"Taken by an OZ spy aircraft." Zechs replied, pointing. "What do you think? It looks just like the one we fought the other day, doesn't it?"

"So, there's another one?" the first officer asked.

"And that's not all." Zechs continued. "I just got this report: Two major OZ facilities, a Mobile Suit factory, a spaceport as well as a recovery unit like us looking for a fallen object, and an Alliance supply deposit that had Mobile Suits heading towards the Victoria Base have been destroyed by unknown enemy units."

"So, there's five more?" the second officer asked, a bit afraid.

"No. One of them could have been the one that has been attacking our units, the one in the Alliance supply deposit if I had to guess, even before Operation M started. Including the one that fell down into the sea, there's only five." Zechs said, shifting through his files.

"Five? Five Gundams?" the officer almost yelled.

"I guess we were lucky." Zechs said in a flat voice. "We seem to be the only ones who encountered a Gundam and are still alive."

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------


The next day at St. Gabriel High, Relena was walking into the courtyard when she heard some of her friends talking.

"Well, isn't it a shame not to have Relena around for the first day of the new semester?"

"It can't be helped." Her friend Jamie put in. "She just got home yesterday."

"Isn't it nice, though? I wish I could go into space one day."

"Well, a wealthy father - that's all it takes." Another student added.

"By the way," Jamie said, "tomorrow is Relena's birthday."

"That's right! I wonder who's been invited to Relena's party this year?"

As the girl said that, Relena reached the bunch and started to greet each of them.

"Hi Relena!" they all chorused.

"Good morning!" Relena said as they started to walk into the school.

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Later that day, there were about to talk about their new curriculum introduced to them when the teacher walks in with a boy in tow.

Relena immediately recognizes him as the boy she helped at the beach yesterday, and whispered, "That boy..."

The teacher walked to the front of the class and waved her hands a bit. "Please quiet down." She said, while gesturing the boy to step forwards. "I would like to introduce you to a new friend."

"Heero Yuy. Nice to meet you." Heero said, looking towards the class in general, but keeping an eye on Relena.

Relena, on the other hand, couldn't keep her eyes off of him. "That's him. That's the boy, but I feel as if know him." She thought, "And not just from yesterday..."

The teacher continued "Heero, why don't you sit next to Relena? If you have any questions, she will be glad to help you." Heero proceeds to walk towards Relena, while the teacher turns to the blackboard with her notebook. "Now let's start the class."

When Heero is near Relena, she stands up, and politely says "Nice to meet you, Heero. My name is Relena."

Heero just ignores her as he walks up to his seat and sits down, opening his books.

----------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

Later in the afternoon, Relena took out one of her remaining invitations and walked up to Heero, who was looking at the sky from the roof.

Jamie was standing off to the side with a curious look on her face as she studied the new student, Heero, when she noticed Relena walking towards him. "Uh... Relena..." she started, but not before Relena reached the boy.

"This is for you." Relena said, holding out the birthday invitation card. "I'm having a birthday party tomorrow. I hope you can come and join us."

Behind her, her friends, minus Jamie, applauds at the pair, knowing that they will have another friend if all goes well.

All doesn't go well as Heero takes the invitation, looks at the envelope, and tears it apart.

Somewhere inside Relena, a cold part of her mind touches her. She chocks as she fights to keep the tears inside her. "It's..." she thinks, unconsciously whispering, "so cruel..."

She suddenly feels a hand wiping her tears, and she looks up to find Heero gently caressing her. She smiles, and the cold part of her retracts into the darkness of her soul.

He then walks across to the exit. But when he passes Relena, he says, for her ears only, "I will kill you."

The cold part of her mind reaches out again, but this time, before leaving, it whispers something into her mind.

Relena smiled coldly. Even if her friends had seen that smile, they would have never thought it was possible for a person such as Relena to smile like that. It was not a false smile that she is used to giving to the press. It was not the smile that she used when she had to smile, in spite of what she felt. It was a predatory smile that would run even Heero's blood cold; a smile of promised death.

All this happened before Heero was behind her. Her smile never leaving her face, she replied in the same volume, her voice full of amusement, "You're welcome to try."

With that, her smile melted into one that she used when she was sad, yet hiding it, and turned towards her friends, leaving a stunned, and slightly bewildered Heero standing in the spot he reached before hearing the death threat reflected back to him.