Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing: Psychosis ❯ Nightmare at Victoria ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Operation Meteor is an operation created by the colonies to fight back against the oppression of the United Earth Sphere Alliance (UESA). Five mobile suits made from the strongest substance known to man, Gundanium, and with the base blueprints of the legendary Mobile Suit known as Gundams, bring hope to the colonies for a brighter future promised by their dead leader, Heero Yuy.

Unfortunately, this plan was discovered by the UESA, and a race against time begins as Oz, the secret police force behind the World Federation, also steps up its timetable to take advantage of Operation Meteor. Hiding behind the mask of honor and peace, the OZ leader Treize Khushrenada decides that this is a perfect opportunity to reveal OZ's true identity to the world and beyond, and establishing themselves as leader of the known universe.

Unknown to either faction, a third force has slowly begun their agenda of peace and destruction with it's own Gundam made from technology of the past. Built by a hidden power, its goals are shadowy at best, and even more obscure than those of OZ.

It is After Colony 195, and powers that seek peace in their own image are about to create a turning point in human history as their forces clash and wars flare all across the known universe. A time of chaos and beginnings, to bring an end of the past.

Gundam Wing: Psychosis
Chapter 10: Nightmare at Victoria

--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

Zechs walked up to Storage Bay 13 with a smile on his face. Noin dug into her coat pocket and brought out a key and a passcard, then ran forward to meet Otto. Ignoring the curious look on Otto, she went up to the door and unlocked it without any sound.

"Lt. Zechs?" Otto asked. "What are we doing here?"

Zechs' smile grew even greater. "We're here to pick up an old project of mine. You'll see when we get inside."

"Lieutenants?" Noin asked, laughing slightly as she went inside.

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Within the darkness of the abandoned Bay 13, a loud click resounded and suddenly lights came on. Zechs, Noin, and Otto looked up at the large weapon dangling in the air. It had a long sleek look unknown to the common machine-gun, and a bunch of other equipment connected to the 'handle' of the weapon.

"What is it?" Otto asked, staring at the weapon in facination.

"My pet project: A heavy beam long-range weapon. I found reference to it while researching the history of the Colony Wars, and what founded it." Zechs stood below his creation to a workstation connected to the weapon. "Did you know that Gundams where used before in the past? The Gundams were also the first to use beam weapons within our known history."

Pressing a few buttons, a turbine's whirling began to resound within the beam cannon, as lights began to gather within the barrow of the long-range beam cannon as it readied to fire. Just as it reached full capacity, Zechs shut it down and turned back to Otto.

"I abandoned this because the reactor needed to power this is greater than any of our Leo or Aries can generate, but with the Tallgeese, I believe it can power this great weapon." Zechs said, petting the workstation affectionately.

Otto quickly walked up to the platform beside the massive weapon. Examining the design, he asked, "What's different about this weapon than our other beam weapons?"

Zechs smiled. "Good question. This one can be used repeatedly within atmosphere if there is an energy source that is powerful enough to charge it. Not to mention nearly ten times the normal range of any weapon, except the barge, that we currently own. The power is also greater than any weapon to my knowledge, though from the information gathered from 01, it may be weaker than it by a few degrees."

"It looks as if it is a shoulder weapon..." Otto said, examining the electronics.

"It is." Zechs replied as he pulled a switch. Part of the floor that was empty suddenly split open to reveal a bulky, rectangular equipment that looked very much like an oversized exhaust port. "This is a component part. Linked with the Long-range Beam Cannon, it allows for an upgraded reload speed."

Otto ran to where the component part was and nearly dissected it, though he restricted himself to only pulling open plates. "Give me some time and I'll fit these onto the Tallgeese, along with a few ideas I want to try."

Noin glanced at Zechs grinning like a young kid. It had been so long since she had seen him so happy. "Go ahead." She answered for Zechs. "I'll open the large gates to let your men move the machinery out immediately."

---------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

Noin walked with Zechs back towards the 'Omron', which was starting up in order to lessen the distance from the ship to Bay 1. They just reached the entrance to the spaceship when explosions suddenly flared up in the Cadet's dormitory. Noin immediately rushed up the ramp and grabbed a headphone from a nearby technician.

"What happened?!" Noin nearly yelled into the mic, ignoring all standard protocol.

"An enemy attack!" A soldier replied franticly. "The cadet's dormitories was bombed!"

"No..." Noin whispered as Zechs reached out to steady her.

She quickly shrugged off his support and calmed herself. She can mourn over her students later, but duty comes first. "The enemy's objective must be to destroy the Taurus'. Get them off this base!"

Zechs grabbed her mic and calmly said, "Belay that."

"Sir?" the soldier asked questioningly, while Noin gave him the 'Are you mad?' look.

"The enemy won't attack the MS', now that he's taken out the pilots. Just send out some soldiers to find the enemy, and engage in long-ranged battle. I highly doubt that you could take him out right now, but you can deal some damage." Zechs calmly analyzed.

"Lt. Noin?" the confused soldier asked.

Zechs handed the radio back to the shaking Noin. She slowly put it around her head and ordered, "Find the enemy. Try to catch it within the target area of the Space Beam Cannon. I'll join up shortly."

"Yes Madam!" the soldier said before repeating the orders to others.

"Zechs, I'm going to need a favor." Noin said as she ripped the hands-free radio from around her head.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

From within the 'Omron', a proto-land type Dom activated with a healthy electronic hum. Noin sat in the pilot seat as she switched the on-board radio on.

"Did you find the intruder yet?" she asked as the MS rushed out of the 'Omron'.

"Thermos found an unidentified kid riding a motorbike towards, no, passed the West gate!" someone reported.

"Send a trio of Aries with the Space Cannon after us." Noin commanded as a pair of Aries followed her towards the light forest in the West. "I know that it was not made for atmosphere usage, but one shot might be enough. Be sure to stay out of range. The enemy might have a Gundam."

"Understood." The soldier replied unquestioningly as he relayed the orders.

Noin controlled her MS' towards the forest as she spotted Wufei on a motorbike just on the outskirts of the forest. "Halt!" she yells as the Dom fired off its anti-personae machinegun, missing the target by a bike's length.

Wufei looked back at the MS' following him. His mission was completed, but that didn't mean that he couldn't add extras to his mission.

--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

Noin swore when she saw that the boy had entered the forest. Though the MS Dom was proficient with land battles, the enemy pilot still had the advantage of being in terran of his choice.

"Spread out and triangulate!" Noin commanded the two Aries as she aimed her bazooka towards the forest. "Fire at the first sign of the enemy!"

Scanning the dense foliage in front of her, Noin activated the speakers of her MS. "Attention enemy pilot: You have been surrounded. Give up or we will be forced to use hostile forces against you."

For a moment, there was no sound, but suddenly, a rumble to her left caught her attention. A Gundam stood up from under a camouflage net, quickly discarding the now useless distraction.

"A woman?" the young voice of the pilot asked. "I hate fighting the weak."

"What?!" Noin exclaimed, angry at the comment. "I'll let you know that I'm not just any woman, you sexist pig!"

"Then fight me!" Wufei yells as he charges Noin, only to be intercepted in a twin line of machinegun fire. "WEAK!"

The Gundam's thrusters lifted the MS off the ground, a green arc whipping across the air where the two Aries were, before both exploded in a shower of sparks. Noin fired her bazooka at the Gundam, but Wufei merely sliced the bullet in half.

"Lieutenant!" a voice came from over the comm channels. "We're firing the Beam Cannon!"

"FIRE!" Noin yelled as she maneuvered her MS backward to avoid the shot. A loud whirling indicated the quick charging and releasing of Minovski particles as light danced on the far right side of her screens.

Just before the beam covered her line of vision, Noin saw that the Gundam had quickly moved around the area where the beam would hit, and was turning towards where the cannon was fired.

"Watch out!" Noin warned as she rushed to beat the Gundam's speed. "The Gundam is heading towards you!"

"Too late!" Wufei yelled as he quickly disposed the two Aries holding the Space Beam Cannon. "Now lets see if you are as strong as you say you are!"

Abandoning the bazooka, the Dom quickly brought out a beam saber just in time to block two attacks from the quicker and stronger Gundam. Noin managed to parry another strike before 05's Dragon Head attack managed to destroy her MS' right shoulder, while the Dom's legs were cut off just seconds afterwards. The beam saber flickered off in the hands of the broken arm while the MS lay there, helpless.

"Weakling." Wufei practically spat out the word. "You are no challenge." Having done what he set out to do, the Shenlong Gundam walked off towards the sunset, disappearing from Noin's visual range.

"Are you alright, Noin?" Zech's voice came from over the radio.

"Shit." Noin despairingly stated. "DAMN IT!" she slammed her hands onto the controls before she turned off her radio and cried for her lost students and lost pride.

----------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

In a political meeting with the UESA High Council, a young soldier was just finishing a report given to him by the Specials.

"According to the report from Col. Treize, it did turn out to be made of gundanium alloy."

"I see..." General Septem, commander of all armed forces in the Middle East and one of the highest ranking officer in the UESA, said. The young soldier saluted and exited the room.

John Darlian, the UESA's vice-foreign minister, sat thinking of this bit of old news. "Treize... I wonder how much the Specials know..."

" I understand that the gundanium alloy can only be synthesized in a zero-gravity environment." Septem said

Another old general spoke up at this time. "So, those Mobile Suits were indeed sent to earth by the colonies."

Septem gave out a very convincing mock sigh. "Then," he said with only the barest hint of sarcasm, "I won't be able to lift the special alert from my Armed Forces for a while."

The general looked thoughtful for a moment. "Perhaps," he suggested jokingly, "you should consider the opposite."

An old Alliance leader, one that John identified as the kind of person who would say they support you, but instead is only protecting their own agenda, sighed rather dramatically. "I wish I could station my Forces at the Lagrange Point so that we can help you, Gen. Septele..." he started before another Council member cut him off.

"My country is already preparing for that." He bragged, glad that he could show his forces in front of the other members.

Finally, John decided to do the job he was given. "But this whole thing is done by only a few rebelling colonies." He argued, receiving a few mutters of "How do you know that?" and "They're still rebels..." all around. "We should not provoke the other moderate colonies by treating all of them as a bunch of rebels."

A fat and bald member of the Council whom John remembered as a warmonger
slammed his hands onto the table and yelled, "They provoked us in the first place! Let's destroy them all!"

John swore internally. It was not a good thing for the forces he represents if an all-out war with the colonies happened. Earth might very well lose the war, and all the effort he put into his work would be wasted. "Those colonies wish to make peace with the Alliance more than anyone..." he started, but never got the chance to finish as Septem interrupted him.

"We want to have peace too, though I don't see the colonies as seeking any peaceful solutions."

John was starting to sweat. If this conversation continued the way he thinks this will continue, he will be thrown out within the next three minutes. "They do! It all started when the Alliance Forces agreed to use armed suppression on Colonies! You all know that as well as I do! It was debated before you choose to take that action!"

A member beside John leapt up and nearly snarled at him. "Is that all you have to say here? Are you a spy for the rebels, trying to sabotage us or something?"

John immediately took a defensive tone, but in his mind, he thought, 'Yup. Three minutes.' while saying, "What are you saying?"

"Thank you for sharing your opinion. Mr. Vice Foreign Minister Darlian," Septem said with a tone that indicated dismissal, "you may leave now."

John decided that if he was to be dismissed, at least he should have the last word. "Isn't it about time that you realize? The really dangerous people are you men..."

The member who had stood up grabbed him by his shirt and John was sorely tempted to perform a Judo throw on him. "Haven't you said enough?" he growled.

John roughly disengaged himself from the angry member and grabbed his stuff, leaving. He took pride in knowing that soon, he will not have to listen to the bunch of self-destructing idiots.

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Onboard an inconspicuous ship in Asian waters, Duo Maxwell yawned and stretched his arms. Sleepily, he slid his legs over his bunker and got up. Moving over to the mirror, he unruffled his hair, and preformed all the necessary morning activities before going outside.

After a bunch of waves and morning greetings, Duo walked into the storage locker of the large ship. Sitting inside was the sleek black Mobile Suit, the Gundam Deathscythe.

Pressing a few buttons besides the cockpit, the doors opened and Duo entered the mechanized machinery of destruction. Sitting down on the control chair, he flipped a switch, closing the hatch.

Lights danced across the panel as systems after systems came on-line and entered a 'ready' status. Reaching to the back of his seat, Duo pulled out a control panel and exchanged it with one in his pocket. The screen flashed twice as the words 'ALICE Online' appeared and disappeared in a small corner of the screens.

Pressing a few buttons normally not used in battle, a few options popped out and after selecting the wanted option, the screen flashed once more, and images of space appeared. The words 'ALICE Test System Activated' appeared on a corner of the screen, and stayed on as many Space Type Leos appeared on his radar. A timer flashed on a unused monitor beside the controls as Duo moved to attack the practice targets.

--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

"Have we located 01 yet?" a young voice asked.

"We've tracked it in an intercept course with an OZ transport." The voice of Sally Po replied. "It is suspected that the transport holds a rather large supply of Gundanium alloy"

"Then why is it still in the air?" the voice asked.

"X, we can't just shoot down any plane that we suspect carries alloys that is can only be created in space and is stronger than your average titanium by a factor of near thousands." Sally replied, a bit frustrated.

X smiled impishly, but conceded to the fact that blowing things up is just more FUN than doing nearly anything else. "Oh, and THEY can blow things up without worrying about 'can's and 'cannot's?"

Sally shrugged. "They're the ones that part of Operation M. It's their JOB to attract attention. We're not. Or more to the fact, YOU'RE not."

X shrugged and widens the smile. "I guess. What's the point to having a secret identity if you can't be there to see their face when you finally reveal yourself?"

------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------

Author's Notes: Come on... any guesses as to who X is? I'll even throw in a tip if you ask me...