Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing: Psychosis ❯ Party's Eve ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

It's been a while since I updated this. I'm sorry to say that I still won't be updating more often, but if someone wishes to take this up, they're welcome to ask. However, I *will* continue to updating this, just not frequently, so there isn't really a need unless someone *really* wants to.

Of course, if you want to continue, I will have to ask for a sample next chapter first.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Operation Meteor marked the beginning of a battle between Gundams and those who would oppress the Colonies. Its original goal was to send down weapons of destruction and prevent the UESA from spreading its military might by destroying their forces.

Unfortunately, this plan was discovered by the UESA, and a race against time begins as Oz, the secret police force behind the World Federation, also steps up its timetable to take advantage of Operation Meteor. Hiding behind the mask of honor and peace, the OZ leader Treize Khushrenada decides that this is a perfect opportunity to reveal OZ's true identity to the world and beyond, and establishing themselves as leader of the known universe.

Unknown to either faction, a other forces has already begun their agenda of peace and destruction with its own Gundams made from technology of the past. Built by a hidden power, it will unleash a new century and a new destiny for all who encounters it.

It is After Colony 195, and powers that seek peace in their own image are about to create a turning point in human history as their forces clash and wars flare all across the known universe. A time of chaos and beginnings, to bring an end of the past.

Gundam Wing: Psychosis

Chapter 14: Party's Eve

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Duo could see energy particles gathering at the tip of the Wing Gundam's blaster cannon. He quickly jerked his controls back and downwards, but it was too late. A flash of orange plasma shot out from the barrow of the Gundam's gun, a wave of destructive energy that Duo covered his eyes and for the first time since many years, prayed.

The energy lanced straight over the Deathscyth's shoulder, bubbling the paint and destroying part of the antenna imbedded into the head. Duo opened his eyes just in time to notice an explosion behind his Gundam. From the head part flying away, he would guess a GM that OZ was starting to mass-produce.

"That was for shooting me before." Heero's voice broadcasted from the Gundam as it transformed and left the battle area. His mad laugh echoing behind him as left reminded of an old joke back when he was young. However, that memory faded as quickly as it arrived, leaving Duo shaking in both fear and anger.

"Who was that guy?" Duo asked for the n'th time after meeting the mobile suit. Obviously he did not try to kill him outright, but there was nothing to trace that guy who piloted the Gundam. He knew from the visuals Deathscyth's cameras and computers that it seems to be made from a similar foundation, but…

A few stray bullets reminded him that it was not the time for him to stand here like an idiot. He quickly finished off his job, and retreated before more could arrive. His main advantage was always surprise, and he did not want someone else… "Other than that other Gundam" he mentally scowled, to take it away from him.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

"Vice Minister Darlian!" "Mr. Darlian!" Various reported shouted while the car rolled up to the spaceport. "What's your opinion on the bombing last week?" "What has Earth to say about those acts?" "Will there be war?"

However, the car ignored the reporters and continued on into the Darlian cargo bay, the gate slamming shut behind them. Slowly, it stopped, and the father and daughter exited the vehicle.

As John stepped out from the car, one of his men briefly walked over and handed him a note, which John read and passed to Relena.

"Hmm… It seems we're as ready as we're going to be." She mutters out loud. Looking at the man, she snaps, "Have Alpha ready. I'll be leading the assault on X-18999."

"Remember," John reminds her, "you'll only have the maximum of three hours. Two hours and you can easily and safely return, but three will be trickly."

Relena made an informal salute and mockingly said, "Yes sir."

Ten minute later, `Nightmare' exited the space port, heading a round about way towards Lagrange Point 3, while curving towards Earth.

Five minutes after leaving visual range of the colony, a Gundam and three Rick Dias were launched form `Nightmare', and sped towards the Barton family colony.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Inside the target colony, the six years old Mariemaia was not really a Barton, but rather a distant relative of the Peacecraft and Khushrenada families. However, she was placed with the Bartons for safekeeping, with Dekim being paid a hefty fee every year. This Mariemaia knew as there are a few `informants' that keeps communications between her and the outside world.

However, the fact that Dekim Barton has been using this money to build strong mobile suits based from simplified plans of the Gundam `Heavyarms' has been hidden from her. Or rather, Mariemaia had only heard rumors about.

Even at age six, she was extremely smart. While she was pretty much a normal looking girl for her age, her mental state belongs to one nearly twice her age, due to a more stable experiment of crossing the dangerous Psycommu and virtually unknown Zero System at the age of three. She experienced, for the lack of a better term, past lives.

She was with Lalah Sune on the fateful day that killed her: the battle between her, Char Aznable, Amuro Ray, and Sayla Mass. Her spirit relived the final moments Four Murasame and Rosamia Badam as they sacrificed themselves for one man. Kamille Bidan and Paptimus Scirocco's final battle drew her in, much like Fa Yuiry's later sadness and regrets.

Mariemaia watched the sad story of Ple (Peru) Elpeo and Ple (Peru) Two unfold around Judau Ashta as he defeated newtype after newtype. The climatic battle between Judau and Haman Karn would bring tears to her eyes, as she asks why people have to fight like that.

Eventually, she was caught up in the thoughts and emotions of other people. The triangle battle between Kayra Su, Quess Paraya, and Hathaway Noa that resulted in the death of both women; The final battle between Char and Amuro, and subsequent psychic flash created by the psycoframe that left a psychic scar in space created deep impressions within the young girl's mind.

The battle between Seabook Arno, Cecily (Ronah) Fairchild, and Karozo Ronah showed Mariemaia love that reached through the infinite of space, while the multiple battles of Uso Evin and other people showed how love and hate can turn even the best of friends into bitter enemies. However, the concluding event that happened between the Zanscare Queen and his love - the Princess, showed her that if one's love is true, then nothing is impossible as long as you strive for it.

However, her final lesson is when she watched how newtypes eventually declined as the use of mobile suits declined, like stars flicking out in the midnight skies, until only few are left at the present time. She watched events that heralded her time, and the return of newtypes - much like the return of old friends.

The intensity of emotions she felt through the system soon overloaded her mind, and when she came to, she found herself in a medical room, her thoughts and knowledge strangely clear and concise. In her mind were years and years of thoughts and emotions, which she told the Doctors.

It was this event that caused the creators of the Gundam `Wing Zero' to disassemble it and create the five, lesser, mobile suits currently being used.

Of course, she knows that they are not being used according to the original Operation Meteor, but it's for the best of all Humanity. Humans must expand if they are to continue growing, and destroying colonies for no reason other than power is folly to the highest degree.

Her train of thought was cut when her watch started vibrating on it's own.

"So… It's time."

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

From outside the colony, small flickers of light could be seen from a hidden hatch which could be safely broken.

The spies set in the Barton family had long since thought of the possibility of breaking in and retrieving information without being detected, and they came up with the simplest way to do so: Have an unknown entrance to the colony.

The hatch was originally used as an entrance for shuttles during construction, but once the main docking area was completed, it fell to disuse, and eventually completely abandoned. PUDO operatives had hid the hallway leading to that dock behind a fake wall, and the airlock inside the bay provided the best way to enter without pressurizing the entire area.

Thus X eased her MS into the docking bay and left orders for the three Rick Dias to watch out for intruders and other people, and to keep the hatch from floating away.

After all, why waste an unfound entrance if it could be reused?

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Holding on to a small pack and a silenced gun, X snuck her way to the meeting area.

The retrieval was planned quite a while back, once Operation Meteor was suggested. Neither X nor John trusted the old fox Barton farther than either of them could throw them on Earth.

It was a rather simple plan, actually. When the signal was given, Mariemaia was to get to the meeting point near the abandoned bay where she'll get into a spacesuit and be taken outside.

Simple in theory, but hard in logistics; considering the fact that she'll be monitored quite closely, X has quite a job to fulfill.

Of course, actually killing anyone would be *bad*, seeing that it might lead the goons to where the dock is, but if that's what it takes to save Mariemaia…

"psst…" Someone whispered from a corner.

X whirled around with gun ready to fire to find that her target has found her instead.

"Give me that!" She whispered, pointing to the bundle of small spacesuit. X wordlessly passed it to her and finally got a good look at her.

It took most of her self-trained willpower to hold in the laughter, but seeing Mariemaia in a skimpy swimming suit that fitted her undeveloped body was quite a challenge. It didn't help that she was bare footed either.

The younger girl noticed the look just as she was finishing wearing the spacesuit and shot the older girl a dirty look. "Getting away is harder than it looks, ok?"

X bit her mouth close as she quickly resealed her spacesuit's helmet so she could laugh without being heard.

Mariemaia pouted and sealed her own spacesuit shot her a look that promised retribution while saying, "Lead the way."

Ten minutes later, four MS left the colony undetected, carrying a new passenger.

The entire operation took around an hour, completely undetected until half an hour later when the people in X18999 started to look for Mariemaia, who had already arrived on the `Nightmare's bridge and giggling at the simplicity of her escape.