Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing: Psychosis ❯ Turning Point ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Operation Meteor is an operation created by the colonies to fight back against the oppression of the United Earth Sphere Alliance (UESA). Five mobile suits made from the strongest substance known to man, Gundanium, and with the base blueprints of the legendary Mobile Suit known as Gundams, bring hope to the colonies for a brighter future promised by their dead leader, Heero Yuy.

Unfortunately, this plan was discovered by the UESA, and a race against time begins as Oz, the secret police force behind the World Federation, also steps up its timetable to take advantage of Operation Meteor. Hiding behind the mask of honor and peace, the OZ leader Treize Khushrenada decides that this is a perfect opportunity to reveal OZ's true identity to the world and beyond, and establishing themselves as leader of the known universe.

Unknown to either faction, a third force has slowly begun their agenda of peace and destruction with it's own Gundam made from technology of the past. Built by a hidden power, its goals are shadowy at best, and even more obscure than those of OZ.

It is After Colony 195, and powers that seek peace in their own image are about to create a turning point in human history as their forces clash and wars flare all across the known universe. A time of chaos and beginnings, to bring an end of the past.

Gundam Wing: Psychosis

Chapter 13: Turning Point

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

In a Mobile Suit hanger at the Victoria Base, Zechs was looking up at the somewhat dismantled Tallgeese.

"I'm counting on you, Otto." Zechs said calmly to the engineer beside him.

Saluting, Otto replies "Leave it to me." A wry grin appears on his face. "The staff of this factory are the best!" He boasts as the hanger seemed to boom with life. "We'll upgrade your mobile suit with great care."

Looking up, Noin notices the shoulder additions were hanging just above the frame of the giant mobile suit, tubes linking the two together. "Are you sure something designed more than twenty years ago is still even usable? Not to mention mixing modern technology?"

Zechs made what suspiciously sounded like a snort and said, "This mobile suit is probably better than any OZ's newer models. And the additional parts are something more powerful that most weapons we have now… Which was never implemented because OZ standardized all MS production."

For a moment, Noin simply looked up at the mechanical wonder that somewhat stood in front of her. Then, she remarked simply by saying, "I see… Is it really?"

Zechs broke a smile and said, "This suit can be compared to our Taurus suits… but the Tallgeese is a prototype of most of today's mass produced mobile suits. From what we gathered, even those new Gundams we face are derivatives of this machine."

Noin nodded absently as she looked at what is to be the `head' of the Tallgeese. Then her eyebrows burrowed down and she frowned. "Gundams…"

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Relena Darlian Peacecraft slowly opened her eyes to a splitting headache. Above her, John Darlian was looking at her worriedly.

"How do you feel?" He asked gently, not raising his voice.

"Like I've been living two lives forever… Oh wait." She added sarcastically, "I have."

"I'm sorry, daughter. I would have spared you this suffering if I could have." John said while stroking Relena's hair. "But it was just getting too dangerous with you ignorant of yourself."

Relena hugged him affectionately. "I understand… I only wish that we didn't have to bring her into our mess…"

John sighed. "It's only a matter of time before the Romefeller Foundation manages to penetrate the Barton family defenses… And then, she'll be helpless."

It was a moment for reflections, but the TV being turned on quickly broke silence. An image of a reporter and Lady Une, with a clearly disgusted look on her face, appeared.

"Lady Une," the reported asked, "what is your reaction to the bombing?"

Her glasses glinting dangerously from the artificial sunlight, Lady Une stonily states, "It is extremely regrettable. I am truly disappointed to learn that there are such violent terrorists even in this colony."

The reporter immediately asked, "There are rumors saying that the Federation failed to find the bomb even after searching the room before hand… is that true?"

"We suspect that the terrorists managed to smuggle the bomb into the room and then detonate the bomb before all, or any, of the representatives were in the room." Une replied before saying, "If we find out who planned this attack on both the Federation and the Colonies, we will be considering certain retaliatory measures, including the use of arms if necessary."

Thus said, Une turns back to the undamaged building besides the original commerce building, leaving the reporter to stutter "W-wait a second, Lady Une!"

"I'm sorry, but I have to continue the investigation." She said as she flicked her long hair over her shoulders and left the camera edge.

Dr. J turned the TV off there and chuckled. "We managed to turn an assassination attempt into something potentially embarrassing to OZ… Well done."

"Ah… Doctor." Relena greeted him with a simple nod.

"I see our princess has awaken." He noted.

Relena frowned. "I don't deserve to be called a princess of the Peacecraft family." She raised her hands in front of her and looked at them. "I have too much blood on my hands… I shame my father's ideals."

"And Milliardo has at least the same, if not more, blood on his hands." John shook his head angrily.

"That's why we have to save her as soon as possible." Relena nearly snarled out as she slammed her fist against the bed she was sitting on. "The longer it takes, the more danger she will be in before and after we save her."

"As the only living Peacecraft who isn't involved completely in the war, albeit a couple of times removed, she must be saved at all cost." John remarked.

Relena narrowed her eyes. "Even so… I'm not entirely sure of that. But anyhow, she is the most innocent of anyone related to the Peacecraft family."

Dr. J cut in at this moment. "Now that you're fully waken, you'll have to contact Heero again. We need you to work together later in Project `Sunrise'… It will be the last chance to smother OZ before war erupts."

Relena frowned at the Doctor. "Everything is getting too close…" she mutters. "We have to save someone from the middle of a virtual fortress, manage to prevent OZ from completely toppling the Alliance… Raise the Sanc Kingdom into a world and Space power… I'm such a busy-body."

John laughed heartedly. "I'm sure we'll finish all of those goals… If not, we can always go try assassinating Treize!"

The three of them laughed at the joke, all the time thinking about Heero Yuy… both of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

At Noin's apartment, Zechs was sitting in front of the TV with a slight frown. "That Lady Une is a good actor."

Noin passed Zechs a cup of red wine. "Do you think this was a setup?"

"I'm almost sure." He said. "It was only luck that Relena took the foreign minister out for…" a chuckle, "shopping, that they were spared."

"Maybe…" Noin remarked, nursing her own drink.

"You look concerned, Noin." Zechs said, turning to face her.

"Why wouldn't I?" she replied, thinking, "Open your heart to me… You have too many secrets bottled up in your heart."

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

At the command center of the North Pacific OZ supply base, a soldier sitting in front of a computer counsel turned to face his commander.

"Commander," he reported, "enormous heat readings have been detected, and the Leos on patrol disappeared from the screen."

"Enemy attack?" the commander asked, somewhat calmly.

"Possibly the Gundam…" the technician suggested.

The commander frowned. "Of all the luck…" he muttered before telling one of his other officers. "Dispatch all standby mobile suits. Prepare the rest for launch."

"Roger." The officer said as he started speaking into the microphone.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

A nearby pilot of the newly commissioned Dom IIs glanced out of his cockpit screens. He had just arrived at the scene where the Leos had lost contact.

"Visibility is so bad I can hardly see anything…" He complained, turning his MS in a wide arc sweep. Suddenly, he sees something moving in the smoke. He managed to yell out "Gundam!" before Gundam 01 destroyed him.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

"How did you make Heero so… focused?" Relena asked. "I'm finding myself very distracted outside of combat…"

"It was part of the Zero experiment…" Dr. J reluctantly answered. "He hasn't received any permanent brain damage or anything, but we suspect that somehow, he experienced much more than what the half an hour of the system's operation time."

"And he was at *what* age?" she asks, anger seeping into her voice.

"… Not much older than you were when we first put you into Alpha." Dr J replies sadly.

"And did you expect him to grow normally afterwards?" Relena asked, glaring at the Doctor.

"Honestly? No." Dr. J answers calmly. "He did not have anything that resembled a childhood even before we found him."

"But I deserved a childhood?" she asked, jumping up from her seat. "And I deserved to have the innocence of a time? That I can, at times, enjoy my childhood without the worries of death and destruction?"

"That was not by my choice. Rather, we suspect it was you who allowed that to happen through Alpha's Psycommu system. To put things bluntly, we don't give time, we take time, then make it for others."

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Explosions ripped through the OZ Pacific supply base as the Deathscythe landed. Duo shook his head in mock anger as he cleanly sliced through a charging MS.


"I spent so much time preparing for today, and I find the party is over even before I arrived…" he sighed.

It was then that he noticed the approaching form of Wing Gundam, it's wings flared out and it's Blaster Rifle aimed directly towards Deathscythe…

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

In a semi-lit room, a masked man was currently discussing with a few men and woman in the same room when suddenly a young man ran in and whispered something to him.

Beneath his face mask, he frowned. Clapping three times, he caught the attention of everyone in the room. "Excuse me." He said with a synthesized voice. "But I have just received word that someone had tried to kill the Alliance's Foreign Minister and every Colony Representative there. Did any of you know about this?"

"Rico!" A woman from the side remarked. "We all knew about it taking place, but it's being held in L1 territory. We know better than to go behind your back in your own territory. Besides," she added with a wink, "we're not terrorists like OZ say we are, now are we?"

Most of them chuckled mirthlessly at the joke at OZ's expense, but Rico just kept silent.

"We'll see." Was all he said before giving out orders for his next phase. This was, after all, only a minor setback…