Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing-The BlackHawk Project ❯ Chapter One-The Arrival of Competition ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer of Darkness: I do not own Gundam Wing or anything related to the franchise, because if I did, the whole thing would be 10x coo---and I'll stop there, don't wanna start anything.

Chapter One-The Arrival of Competition

The wind had been calm for a few minutes. A few miles away, it was the complete opposite. The winds had been blown in four different directions from a huge object. Some sort of huge weapon, knife like, had torn up the ground. Sliced mechanical pieces also littered the fertile grounds. The wind had been calm for a few minutes. A few feet away, that all changed. A huge object flew in from the northeast direction. Carrying a huge rod or baton, connected to some sort of blade. The wind had been calm for a few minutes, until something jammed upon that rod fell to the ground, scattering the winds in all directions. That something had been the head of a huge mechanical robot torn to shreds by that huge object that had flown in from the northeast. That huge something was DeathscytheX…

"Woohoo!" exulted Duo Maxwell, "as I've said in the past, whoever sees me, has got a date with his maker…" he sat in the cockpit of his newly altered Gundam, DeathscytheX. He had been at warfare with a few of the companies "Gundam Wannabees," as Duo called them. It was all for testing, nothing serious, for serious battles ended a long time with Duo and his Gundam.

"That makes forty-nine Gundam Wannabees, one more and I'll make fifty!" He pressed a button at his right, that was an inch away from a red button, a button he never touched, a button that had been an enigma to him since the company put it in with the rest of his newly modified gadgets, "anymore Wannabees guys?" he smirked, the red button activated a screen on his window to the outside world that showed a engineer of the company he worked for.

"Are you kidding? We can't keep feeding you our parts like that! You'll send `em all to the scrap heap!" he laughed a little bit, and then a lady in red entered the room. She whispered to the engineer in the chair for a few seconds, looked up at the screen, and winked at Duo. She then turned around and walked out the sliding door, leaving the engineer and Duo to talk amongst themselves.

"What was that all about Jack?" Duo asked in suspicion, "she finally asked you out eh?" he then laughed, and Jack did as well. After a while of laughter, they then regained seriousness.

"Boss wants you to come to her office," Jack explained.

"What'd I do now? I told her if she wants her bots in piece-" Jack cut off Duo.

"You're not in trouble Duo, don't worry."

"Then what?" asked Duo.

"You tell me when you get there, she wants to talk to you now…" Jack explained.

"Aww nuts, the fun was about to start, there goes my fifty! See ya when I get there Jack, signing out, " Duo clicked the button once again, turned the machine around and flew off into the distance towards a huge building a few thousand miles away. Huge doors opened up, as Duo and his Gundam approached the facility, this was the garage, where all machines were stored. Especially Duos machine, the only Gundam around. After parking his Gundam in the specified spot, Duo made his way to the Bosses office. Before entering, he straightened out his outfit and turned his cap forwards. He then dusted himself off, and entered in coolly. His bosses' chair was turned backwards, so he was unable to see the expression her face. He started to whistle, and then she murmured, signaling him to stop. He stopped then stood in the center of the room. All around were pictures of family members, and old friends. Also was a picture of five robots, with their owners in front. All of them were young, with looks of sadness and courage on their faces. Duo was one of the five teenage boys with his Gundam in that picture. The old Deathscythe, the second to last one the right, stood behind him. Besides hid Gundam were a red Gundam with a white chest, and a winged white, blue and red Gundam that seemed to stand above al the rest. Duo quickly turned his head away, and looked at the bosses' chair.

"Uh…you called chief?" A single drop of sweat slid down his forehead downwards to his cheek.

"Don't sweat Duo, your not in trouble," a responded from the chair, "I have good news, from your point of view that is."

"Cool!" Duo exclaimed.

"Ahem," was the reply of his chief.

"I mean, that's affirmative," Duo corrected himself.

"This company, MechTechX, was founded by the so called, Great Relina Peacecraft," her voice sounded comical as she said those last three words, "call her what you wish, but this company has one goal, her goal, and that's to try and "copy," the elite robots of the past, dubbed as Gundam's, piloted by the so called five greatest pilots ever. One of them works for us…you." She proclaimed.

"Excuse me ma'am, but-" Duo attempted to speak, but his boss cut him off.

"Duo, you've known me since we were teenagers and colonies were at war with one another, don't call me "ma'am" please," his boss stated.

"Okay…Miss…" his boss heaved a sigh, he continued, "are you sure they were the best? And how about that Peacecraft? I wouldn't leave out the "great," she's earned it in my opinion…" Duo smiled a bit.

"Call her what you wish, but those pilots were the best to drive any mech ever made," she responded to Duo's last statement.

"Okay, what was it you wanted?" Duo tried to get back on topic.

"There's going to be tournament, and I want you to represent this company, the winner wins the funding of the nation, which amounts to millions of money, and a spot in newspaper-" she halfway explained.

"Newspaper? Which one?" there was a total lack of seriousness when Duo asked that rhetorical question.

"That's besides the point, and you know it Duo, what we need s the funding, that way, we can complete the project and be prepared with another Gundam such as your DeathscytheX," she explained.

"My DeathscytheX, is a one and only, original, can't be copied…" Duo gloated.

"Then why are you here? Don't answer that, back to the point. With two Gundam's, we will be prepared for any up coming battles. The test with your Gundam and the prototypes you call "Wannabees," is coefficient, the info we are obtaining is nothing with out the money to buy the parts. We need you to win the funding by entering the competition that will be held here, and in space," she sat there silent, waiting for a response.

"Sounds cool, so I win the money, give to the company and we'll call it funding money? What do I get out of it? I know its not just funding…" Duo challenged.

"You're right, it's not funding money, it's normal prize money, just win it and beat all competition, I'll see what I can give you…" she replied with unneeded repent.

"The Master of God once again! Yes!" he jumped up then went back to his somewhat, professional state, " hey, speaking of competition, who is it?" he asked with great curiosity.

"There can also be a "what" is it you know, all I can say is that you may meet some old friends…" she replied with mystery in her voice. Duo then turned back to picture of the five Gundam's and their owners. His boss also turned to the left and looked at the picture on the wall. Duo could see half of her face. The expression unknown, her blonde hair was tucked behind her ear as a silence swept the room, "you can go home now…you've worked a lot, I'll call you with more information."

"Thanks boss…I'll see you later…" Duo turned to the door as it slid open and stepped out. His boss got out of her chair; her blonde hair swept her face, as she walked over to the wall the picture had been placed on. She unhooked it and looked closer at the five boys, more closely at the one in the center with the green tank top. He looked the gloomiest, his Gundam seemed to be his guardian angel, with its huge wings, they both shared the same expression, nothingness. A tear came down from her eye, as it dropped upon that boy in the center.

"I hope you are one of those old friends Heero, for I, Relina Peacecraft, wish to see you there old friend…" Duo's boss rested the picture back upon the nail, she went back to her sat, and looked at the blinds, "open…" the blinds slid open, outside was a whole new world, but was it real? Or some unending dream?

Thank you for reading Chapter One of Gundam Wing-The BlackHawk Project, if you want to see the rest, just post a review, good o bad, positive of negative, Insults are ALWAYS welcomed. Positive replies are welcomed to.

I