Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing Vampires ❯ In the Begining ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gundam Wing Vampires
 
Chapter 1: In the Beginning
 
“So who's going to take him out tonight?” Heero asked, all of the Gundam pilots, except for Quatre, were gathered in their house.
 
“I really don't want to take him out tonight,” Trowa said.
 
“But someone has to take him out tonight,” Duo said insistently. “If someone doesn't' take him out tonight he won't go, and the he'll get sick again.”
 
“I have to go to the dojo tonight,” Wufei said looking at the others. “I have a class to teach tonight, I made a commitment last week.” He leaned against the wall.
 
“I have a mission, I can't go,” Heero replied at the looks that the others gave him.
 
“I'll do it,” Duo said finally. He sighed and headed out the door.
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
In another room in the house . . .
 
“They're gonna make me go out again tonight. I know they will, I don't want to,” Quatre moaned sadly into his hands. He was sitting on his bed in the dark. He was holding a stuffed toy in his arms. “ I hope Heero doesn't decide to take me. He'll just drag me out the door and . . . and,” he stopped and put his head on the toy in his arms. “But if Wufei tries to take me out then he'll tell me not to think of it as a weakness but a strength,” he sighted sadly again. “And Duo will be trying to cheer me up. But Trowa would just be really quiet. What am I going to do?” Quatre sadly on his bed with door shut. A soft knock sounded on the door.
 
“Quatre,” Duo called loudly. “Are you in there?” Wufei grabbed his gi and katana and left. Heero stopped outside Quatre's door.
 
“Hey Duo,” Heero said looking at the American pilot. “I'm leaving to go on my mission now. I should be back in a couple of days. Bye.”
 
“See ya!” Duo said cheerfully. Heero left without another word. Duo knocked again only louder. “Quatre! Come on! Let me-!” he stopped when he heard the phone ring. He picked up the phone in the hallway. “Hello?”
 
`Hi . . . Duo is it?” a familiar female voice replied.
 
“Yes,” Duo said cheerfully. “How can I help you?”
 
“I'm looking for Trowa.”
 
“Oh, sure. He's still home,” Duo replied. “May I ask who's calling?” He looked at Quatre's door.
 
“This is Catherine, may I please speak to Trowa now?” she asked insistently.
 
“Sure, no problem.” Duo covered the mouthpiece. “TROWA!” Duo yelled, “Phone for you! It's Catherine!”
 
“I'm coming Duo,” Trowa called softly.
 
“He'll be here in a minute,” Duo said to Catherine. “I'll just leave the phone here Trowa.”
 
“Alright,” came Trowa's reply as he walked out of the room they had been in. Duo grinned at him.
 
“Quatre! Come on buddy! Let me in!” Duo called knocking on the door once more.
 
“Hello?” Trowa said answering the phone.
 
“Trowa? Thank goodness I got a hold of you! The lion tamer's ill tonight and one of the lions is sick. Can you help? We have a show tomorrow night.” Catherine asked imploringly.
 
“Sure,” Trowa replied. “I'll be right over.”
 
“Great! I'll see ya then!” She hung up.
 
“Duo, I've go to go to the Circus. There's a minor crisis and they need my help,” Trowa said at the look Duo gave him.
 
“Sure, see ya later!” Duo replied as Trowa left. “Quatre!” Duo called.
 
“Go away Duo!” Quatre called.
 
“That's it! I'm coming in Quatre! You'd better have clothes on!” Duo called opening the door.
 
“Leave me alone!” Quatre said angrily. He threw a pillow at the door as Duo opened it.
 
“Kat-man! You okay in here?” Duo asked walking in. “Why are all the lights out Kats?”
 
“Go away!” Quatre said angry. He was curled up on the bed with his back to Duo. His voice sounded on the edge of tears.
 
“Com on, Kats,” Duo said concerned. He walked over to the bed where Quatre lay.
 
“I'm not going! You can't make me go!” Quatre said nearly crying. Duo sat don gently on the bed, Quatre moved away from him.
 
“Look,” Duo said quietly. “You have to go, I know you don't want to, but you have to.” Duo's voice was uncharacteristically gentle. “Come on Quatre.” He placed a hand on Quatre's back.
 
“I'm not going and that's final! I don't car about what happens to me! I'm staying here!”
 
“What about the people who care about you? What about someone who . . . comes across you when you're . . .” Duo's voice trailed off, unwilling to finish the thought. He gently rolled Quatre over so that he could look him in the eye.
 
“But . . .” Quatre began. He hadn't shed any tears yet but was dangerously close. “I-I can, I can feel their pain! It hurts too much!” ha bit his lip and looked at his friend.
 
“It won't hurt this time,” Duo promised. “I'll show you how to make sure there's no pain.” Quatre looked at him with hope in his teal eyes.
 
“Promise?”
 
“I promise,” Duo said solemnly, then burst into a big grin. “Can we go now?”
 
“Tell me how,” Quatre insisted.
 
“I-I can't tell you,” Duo said. “I have to show you. I'm sorry, but that's the only way.”
 
“Then I'm not going! Find a way to tell me, don't show me!”
 
“Come on now, Quatre. We have to go tonight. We don't want you to get ill . . . I don't want you sick. You're my friend and I don't want to see you suffer. I'm sorry that you have this problem, but you don't have a choice now. Let's go!”
 
“Duo,” Quatre whined. He let go of the toy and hugged Duo. He started sobbing, “I hate this!”
 
“Poor Quatre,” Duo said holding his friend. “It's gonna be okay.” Quatre pulled back.
 
“Thanks Duo,” Quatre said. A single crimson tear fell down his cheek. “Let's go.”
 
“Sure thing!” duo said perking up. He handed Quatre a black handkerchief to wipe his eyes.
 
“I'm ready to go now Duo,” Quatre said. He handed Duo his handkerchief back. “Thanks.”
 
“No prob.” And they left the house.
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * *
 
Later that night in an alley . . .
 
“I can't do it!” Quatre exclaimed.
 
“You have to!” Duo shouted back.
 
“But Duo!” Quatre whined looking to the unconscious man in the alleyway.
 
“You have to feed Quatre!” Duo said tiredly. “You're a vampire Quatre! You have no choice.”
 
“So are you! But you don't seem bothered by it at all!” Quatre shot back. At the shocked look on Duo's face he bit his tongue. “I-I'm sorry Duo. I-I-,” Quatre tried to apologize.
 
“No,” Duo said raising his hand to stop Quatre. “I understand that you're upset . . .” he paused, “don't worry about it.” But his eyes belied his words; his eyes were full of hurt.
 
“Please forgive me Duo, I was angry. You know how much this bothers me.” Quatre was looking at the ground in shame. He walked over to Duo and hugged him. “I'm really sorry.”
 
“Oh,” the man in the alleyway moaned as he began to regain consciousness.
 
“I forgive you, Quatre.” Duo hugged him back. “Now then,” Duo said regaining some of his usual cheer. “Let me show you how to make sure that when you bite someone it doesn't hurt them at all. Now,” Duo said looking at the semi-conscious man in the alley. Duo stood behind the man as he came around. “Watch me very closely. Use your empathy to tell exactly what both of us are feeling.”
 
“Sure thing, Duo,” Quatre replied.
 
“Good boy Kats,” Duo grinned. Quatre say that Duo's fangs were already visible, shinning in the dim light of the alley. “Now, go hide in the shadows and stay silent.”
 
“No problem Duo,” Quatre smiled back and melted into the shadows. He stood quietly and watched Duo intently.
 
“Unn . . .” the man said regaining consciousness. “What happened? Where am I?”
 
“You got hit over the head,” Duo said honestly. Duo might run and hide, but he'd never tell a lie. “Are you okay?” He knelt down behind the man.
 
“Yeah, I think so,” the man replied. He felt strong arms came up form behind him and helped him to his feet. “Thanks young man.”
 
“No,” Duo said, his eyes almost glowing violet in the alley light. “Thank you.” Abruptly he shifted the position of his hands on the man's arms so that one arm was across the man's upper chest and the other held his head still.
 
“What? What's gong on!?” the man asked.
 
“Shh . . . don't worry,” Duo purred. The man relaxed a bit and Duo gently turned the man's head to the left so that the right side of his neck was exposed. Duo's mouth was open and his eyes were closed as he brought his mouth to the exposed flesh. Duo bit the man's neck, the man took a sharp intake of breath in shock and then closed his own eyes.
 
A few seconds passed before anything else happened. Nothing in the alley moved, then Duo began to drink greedily from his prey. His eyes opened after a minute to watch Quatre, but they were no longer their usual violet. They were red. Glowing, blood red, as Duo lost himself as he fed.
 
Ten minutes passed before Duo released the man with a grunt. He had almost lost himself to the bloodlust. The man slowly sank to the ground with a satisfied look on his face. Duo closed his eyes and breathed deeply, when he opened them they were violet once more.
 
“Are you okay Duo?” Quatre asked. He moved toward his friend in concern.
 
“I'm fine,” Duo said with another grin. His fangs had disappeared. “Did you catch all that?”
 
“Yes, I think I can duplicate it.”
 
“Good,” Duo said rubbing his ands together. “Now then, let's find you some dinner. Shall we?” Quatre laughed as Duo held an arm out to him. He took the proffered arm and they walked away laughing.