Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing Vampires ❯ A Cry For Help ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
// Blah // = thoughts ~ (name) tells who thought it
* Blah * = telepathy
“ Blah “ = speech

Blah, blah, blah = sorry got a little carried away there.

Gundam Wing Vampires


Chapter 5: A Cry for Help

Wufei had just returned to the safe house after a long night at the dojo. Heero was scheduled to return form his mission tonight, and Trowa's job at the Circus was done. Trowa had decided to spend the night at the Circus . . . again. With no one else home that left Wufei to fend for himself.

"Where the hell is Maxwell?" Wufei grumbled as he re-mounted his katana on the wall. //He's never been this overdue before.// ~ Wufei

It had been two days since Duo had left the house with Quatre to teach the young Arabian how to deal with his problem. Since it was only eight o'clock Wufei decided to grab dinner before his routine meditation. Scrounging around in the kitchen for something he deemed 'edible.' He bypassed the Tupperware Duo had put in the fridge. As nice as the thought was, Wufei knew that Duo's cooking would likely kill him. He finally located a box of frozen egg rolls and heated up the oven. His continued search revealed a box of Raman Noodles, sighing Wufei decided that his would be his dinner. Wufei pulled a bottle of red wine out of the fridge and poured a glass.

After eating his dinner Wufei washed his dishes and went back into his room. He decided to take a quick shower before his usual meditation. he let the hot water wash over him and relax his tense muscles.

"Wufei! You home?" Trowa called. "I'm back early."

"I'm in the shower," Wufei called back. Trowa remained quiet. Wufei finished his shower, he got out and dried quickly. He then put on a pair of underwear and some soft cotton pants. Neglecting to put a shirt on he draped a towel over his shoulders. He pulled his mat from under his bed. There was a firm knock on the door of his room.

"Wufei, are you in there?" Trowa asked. //That's strange. // ~ Wufei ~ //Trowa's never this talkative when he gets home. // He walked over to the door and opened the door. Trowa stood in the doorway drenched, worry clouded his eyes.

"What's wrong Trowa?" Wufei asked.

"Just making sure that you're here," Trowa said sheepishly.

"You're worried about them, aren't you?" Wufei asked. Trowa looked shocked.

"Yeah," Trowa admitted grudgingly. Wufei grinned at his shocked look. "How could you tell?"

"You think I'm blind?" Wufei asked. "I do pay attention you know. I've noticed when you're home that you tend to sit by the door and wait for them to get back."

"Oh well," Trowa said nonchalantly. "I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens." Trowa shrugged and walked off to his room.

"If you need me I'll leave the door open," Wufei replied. Trowa made no comment and Wufei just shrugged it off and returned to his mat and sat down cross-legged. Wufei took a few deep-calming breaths. He relaxed his body and closed his eyes. He quickly fell into a state of meditation.


Back at the Oz base . . .

"Hey Krystal," Quatre said gently nudging the sleeping girl awake. "Come on, wake up!"

"Huh? Wha-?" Krystal asked finally waking up enough to register the fact that someone was trying to get her attention.

"You told me to wake you up in an hour, well . . . it's been more than an hour," Quatre smiled at her.

"Okay, I'm up," Krystal replied. She gently rolled Duo off of her and stood up. Duo moaned quietly when she left. "Shh . . . don't worry Duo," she soothed.

"What can I do to help?" Quatre asked.

"Nothing really," Krystal replied. "There's nothing you can do to help me. I've got to work this on my own." She smiled sadly. "I promise that once all of this is over with I'll train you to be able to use your telepathic abilities. You might even have some other hidden abilities. For now though, you just sit back and pay attention. You might be able to pick something up just from watching me." She took off her coat and laid it on the floor. Under the coat she was wearing a blue T-shirt, her right arm was wrapped all the way to the wrist. She sat on the coat in a cross-legged position with her arms resting loosely on her knees. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes in meditation. //Wufei Chang, black hair and eyes . . . . Where are you? // ~ Krystal called.


Back at the Safe House . . .

Wufei sat on his meditation mat, his breathing was even and regular. Trowa had decided that grabbing some dinner would be a good idea. He wandered into the kitchen to fix dinner, leftover lasagna with a glass of red wine. After he had eaten and cleaned up his small mess he wandered back to his room. He passed by Duo's open door and stopped. //I wonder where they are right now. // ~ Trowa He went into his own room and decided on taking a nice hot shower.


Back at the base . . .

Duo lay on the cot sleeping peacefully, Quatre sat on the edge watching Krystal as she fell into her meditative trance. She had her eyes closed.

In her mind's eye Krystal was wandering on a long black road, a fierce wind whipped through the desolate landscape. Black clouds rolled over head with thunder crashing through them. "Wufei?" she called.

"Who's there?" a disembodied voice demanded. Krystal looked around but saw nothing.

"Are you Wufei Chang?" Krystal called.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" Wufei demanded appearing faintly in front of Krystal. His body was very transparent.

“My name is Krystal,” she replied. “Please don’t fight with me,” she said quickly trying to keep him from throwing her out of his mind. “We need your help, Wufei.” She held her hands out in a gesture of peace.

“Who is ‘we’?” Wufei asked. His form solidified a bit more.

“Quatre Raberba Winner and Duo Maxwell,” Krystal replied.

“How do you know them!?” Wufei demanded. He closed part of his mind from her. She struggled to keep the link.

“Wufei . . .” Krystal said sharply. “Do not fight me! I’m trying to help. We need you and the others to help us out.” She was angry and made it well known through her body language.

“Sorry,” Wufei said a bit apologetically. “How do I open up to you?”

“Just accept my presence. My name is Krystal Makabe,” she looked at him. “Trust me. Please.”

“Fine,” Wufei closed his eyes and suddenly became solid.

“Thank you,” Krystal sighed. “That’s much better. Now, here’s what’s going on. Two nights ago your two friends Duo and Quatre were captured by Oz.”

“What!?” Wufei exclaimed. His physical body jerked in surprise, Trowa heard Wufei’s verbal exclamation.

“Calm down,” Krystal soothed. “Do you know about their condition?”

“Condition?” Wufei asked. “What do you mean by condition?”

“Well . . .the fact that they’re vampires,” Krystal said.

“How do you know about that?” Wufei demanded. He made another verbal exclamation and his body jerked again. Trowa had finished his shower and changed. Upon hearing Wufei’s exclamation he came to look. He stood in Wufei’s doorway while toweling his hair off, he watched Wufei as he meditated.

“I’m a Sensitive and I sense these things,” Krystal replied. “That’s beside the point.”

“Right, so where is the base you’re at?”

“Out by the airport, do you know where that is?”

“Yes,” Wufei thought for a moment. ”How are they?”

“Quatre’s just fine,” Krystal replied evasively.

“What about Maxwell?” Wufei demanded.

“He’s not so good. You’ve gotta get them outta here fast. I’m not sure how long they’re gonna be able to go without feeding.”

“What!?” Wufei demanded. Another verbal outburst and physical jerk. “What do you mean by that?”

“Calm down. You’re making your physical body jerk.”

“What?” Wufei asked. Trowa stood watching Wufei, he was startled when Wufei’s body jerked and he called out.

“Look,” Krystal said. “We need you to come up with a plan and get us out of here. And we’re gonna have to hash this out now.”

“How long do they have?” Wufei asked

“Two days at the most, although I think that tomorrow will be pushing it quiet a bit. Well, with the way our luck’s been running.”

“What do you mean by that?” Wufei demanded.

“Well, I’ve been a prisoner for nearly two months and Duo was beaten up last night . . . Quatre’s fine though, well as okay as he’ll be without having fed last night. Night before last,” Krystal said calmly.

“I see,” Wufei said looking thoughtful for a moment. “So, you’ll need immediate extraction.” Trowa stepped into Wufei’s room concerned.

“Yes,” Krystal said, her brow furrowed in concentration. //This is harder than I thought it would be,// Krystal contemplated

“No, there’s nothing you can do. Not yet, anyway. Maybe later I can . . .” she paused for a moment, the strain evident on her face for a moment.

She paused for a moment, the strain evident on her face.

“We’ll come,” Wufei said suddenly.” But I don’t know how I’m supposed to coordinate this with the others and stay in contact with you. Is there anyway I can contact you again tonight?”

“No, once I break the connection I’ll be spent. Is there anyone in the room with you?” Duo and Quatre watched with concern written in their eyes.

“I don’t think Trowa would be in my room…he might be in his own room though.” Wufei replied with a shrug.

“Okay, this is gonna be tricky. I want you to open your eyes but concentrate on keeping your contact with me. It will be very difficult at first but once the connection is fully established, it will be fairly easy to maintain.”

“Are you sure about this?” Wufei asked skeptically.

“Yes, now do it! We don’t have a whole lot of time.” Krystal snapped.

“Fine!” Wufei declared. He closed his astral eyes (1) and concentrated. Sweat began to bead on his forehead when finally, slowly, he opened his physical eyes while successfully maintaining the connection. Trowa gasped in shock when he saw Wufei’s eyes open. They were pure white, no color whatsoever. Wufei saw Trowa and smiled.

“I did it.” He reported calmly. Trowa looked puzzled at Wufei’s comment.
“Did what Wufei?” Trowa asked kneeling in front of the Chinese pilot. Wufei’s white eyes were beginning to creep him out.

“I’ve managed to keep the connection. I’ve found Duo and Quatre.” He replied.

“Who’s this?” Krystal asked. She pointed to the ghost image of Trowa in front of her.

“His name is Trowa Barton.” Wufei said, managing not to say it aloud.

“Oh, well, is there anyone else that can help?”

“I don’t know.” Wufei admitted. To both he said.” Trowa, has Heero gotten back from his mission yet?” Trowa looked startled for a moment but quickly regained his composure.

“I’m not sure.” Trowa replied quietly. Suddenly as if an answer to their thoughts, the front door opened and closed.

“Go see who it is.” Wufei ordered. Trowa nodded. He stood and drew his gun from the back of his pants, walking out the room as he did so. A few moments later a new voice was heard.

“What the hell are you doing Trowa?” They heard Heero say loudly. In the kitchen Heero was looking quizzically at Trowa who had come in with his gun drawn.

“Just taking precaution Heero. I am glad you are here.” He admitted looking relieved he tucked his gun away. “Come with me. Wufei says he’s found Duo and Quatre.”

“What!?” Heero demanded. “How? When? Where?”

“Calm down,” Trowa said leading Heero to Wufei’s room.

“Fine, but I want an explanation later,” Heero said warningly.

“I’m sure we all want that,” Trowa said. “Be warned though, Wufei . . . his eyes are a bit strange.”

“What do you mean?” Heero demanded.

“You’ll see,” Trowa replied cryptically.

“Hn.” Heero walked into Wufei’s room expecting that Wufei’s eyes would be bloodshot or something like that. He was not expecting to see his friend sitting on his meditation pad with a towel draped over his shoulders. He looked relaxed as though he was indeed meditating. However, one glance at Wufei’s eyes told Heero that was not the case. Instead of having his eyes closed they were wide open. Heero gasped when he realized what Trowa had meant. Instead of their usual black color they were white. “What the hell’s going on here Trowa!?” he demanded whirling to face the Heavyarms pilot.

“I’ve made a mental connection with someone in the same prison cell as Duo and Quatre,” Wufei reported calmly turning his white eyes so that they were directly facing Heero. Krystal looked at the ghost image of Heero noting that this must be Heero.

“If this is the rest of your group we need to quickly get this all hashed out,” Krystal said urgently. “The strain’s increasing, I don’t know how long I can keep this up.” Duo climbed off the bed and sat on the floor with Quatre in front of Krystal. “I’m gonna try and bring duo and Quatre into the conversation.” She sighed and concentrated, sweat beaded on her forehead. She opened her eyes which were white and drew a startled gasp from both Duo and Quatre. Their ghost images appeared in front of Wufei. “It’s okay,” Krystal said out loud. “I’m fine. I’ve gotten a hold of Wufei, Trowa, and Heero.”

“So we’re gonna be getting out of here soon?” Duo asked excitedly. “When are they coming?”

“Calm down Duo,” Krystal said while Wufei relayed what he heard to Heero and Trowa.

“Tell them we’ll come tomorrow at sunset,” Heero said with a very determined look. “Will they be okay?”

“They’re coming at sunset. Think you’ll be okay until then?” Krystal relayed.

“Sure, why not?” Duo grinned. Wufei relayed.

“Hn. Any ideas of the guard schedules?” Heero asked.

“No,” Krystal replied.

“We’ll just have to make a big enough distraction to break in and get them out,” Heero said simply. Krystal relayed the message. Duo looked surprised.

“Heero actually said that?” Duo asked incredulously.

“Yes, he’s the one with Prussian blue eyes, chocolate brown hair and a very serious face?” Krystal asked.

“That’s him alright,” Duo said. “Well, that’s just like him . . . I guess.”

“So, it’s all settled? Tomorrow at sunset?” Krystal asked.

“We’re all set,” Heero said.

“Wait,” Trowa said quickly. “What should we expect when Wufei breaks the link?”

“Um, well . . . I’m not sure actually,” Krystal replied uncertainly after relaying Trowa’s question to Duo and Quatre.

“What do you mean!?” Wufei demanded trying to sound rude. He didn’t though, only worried.

“I will attempt to take the brunt of the strain, but it might cause you to be a little weakened afterwards, you may even faint.”

“FAINT!?!?” Wufei demanded. “This is outrageous!”

“Well, lose consciousness, dose that sound better!?” Krystal retorted angry.

“Yes,” Wufei said with a grin relaying the information to Trowa and Heero. They nodded their acknowledgement.

“Alright, now Wufei,” Krystal said. “Just concentrate on returning to your own body. I’ll try my hardest to take most of the strain.”

“Thank you,” Wufei replied with a slight bow of respect. “My only real objection to losing consciousness is that I will be unable to assist Trowa and Heero in preparing a proper escape plan.”

“I can only try with no guarantees,” Krystal said. Suddenly Wufei was back in his own body. He jerked and sat motionless for a moment. Heero and Trowa moved to either side of him.

“Are you alright Wufei?” Heero asked looking into the Chinese pilot’s white eyes. He got no response. Wufei jerked again and his eyes began to slowly regain some of their normal color. His whole began to shake like a leaf, a light sheen of sweat coated his body.

“Wufei?” Trowa tried. Another jerk and Wufei’s eyes returned to their normal color and gasped. Trowa placed a gentle hand on Wufei’s shoulder and he collapsed backwards.

“We should but him on the bed,” Heero said with a shrug.


Back at the Prison Cell . . .

Krystal lay collapsed on the floor, eyes rolled up into her head as she trembled. //N-Napoleon, // she thought weakly. //Napoleon! Jessica! I- we’ll need your help! // ~Krystal

Quatre looked shocked at what he had heard. Duo only shrugged and lifted her onto the bed and lay next to her.

“Come on Quatre, we need to get some sleep tonight,” Duo said patting the bed. Heero and Trowa began plotting a way to get their friends/comrades out of Oz’s clutches.

Tomorrow would be interesting indeed . . .

TBC . . . promise.
Converting /tmp/phpD1hAbD to /dev/stdout