Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing Vampires ❯ What's a Senstive? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

// Blah // = thoughts ~ (name) tells who thought it
* Blah * = telepathy
“ Blah “ = speech
 
Blah, blah, blah = sorry got a little carried away there.
 
Gundam Wing Vampires
 
Chapter 4: What's a Sensitive?
 
When Duo awoke he realized three things very quickly. One: he was in shackles which meant confinement. Two: Quatre was lying next to him on a bed. And Three: his head was in someone's lap and that someone was absentmindedly stroking his hair. Duo cracked an eye open and saw a girl above him.
 
“They should be awake soon,” the girl said quietly to herself. “Sunset,” the room became strangely quiet. The girl began humming a strange lilting tune and Duo realized why the room had seemed strangely quiet, she'd been humming for quite a while. Duo looked and saw Quatre sleeping next to him on his back with a pleased look on his face. Duo then saw that the girl was gently stroking Quatre's hair while she stroked his own, but there was something different about the way that she played his hair and the way she played with Quatre's hair.
 
“Uhn . . .” he groaned as he tried to move a bit. The girl looked down at him. She wore a concerned look on her face at the noise he's made.
 
“Are you alright violet-eyes?” she asked looking at him. She didn't stop playing with his hair. He moved a bit and groaned again. She looked at him with clear blue eyes.
 
“I don't know,” Duo finally managed to grind out. For a moment he couldn't remember anything, the only thing he knew was that he hurt. He hurt a lot.
 
“Not surprising,” the girl replied breaking his train of thought. “How are you?” She stopped playing with his hair and gently probed his head, his neck, chest, arms, he cried out when she touched the part of his sides that had been hit by the cattle prod.
 
“Sorry,” she said looking at him with concern clouded eyes.
 
“Not your fault,” he mumbled.
 
“No,” she said fiercely. “I should have gotten to you sooner. It's my fault that you're injured as badly as you are.” She looked away from him at the window in their tiny prison.
 
“How could you know that they were gonna kill me? You did your best, don't feel bad about it,” Duo said gently. They sat in silence for a while and Duo fell back asleep as the girl gently played with his hair once more. She then fell asleep with Duo's head in her lap and Quatre's under her hand.
 
 
 
Later . . .
 
He was dreaming. He knew he was dreaming, but he still couldn't help the helpless feeling that threatened to consume him. Duo was trapped in the nightmare about the Maxwell church . . . again.
 
The church was burned; the stained glass was broken. He looked around a saw Solo, his best friend in the world lying broken and dying.
 
“Duo?” the boy asked.
 
“I'm right here Solo,” Duo said kneeling next to his dying friend. He gently lifted his friend to his chest.
 
“Duo is that you?' Solo asked. He looked at Duo with unseeing eyes, eyes becoming clouded by death.
 
“Solo,” Duo murmured. “It's me Duo. I'm right here Solo.” Little Duo had tears in his eyes.
 
“Thanks Duo,” Solo whispered. Duo clutched his friend to his chest tightly, tears streaming down his face.
 
“I'll always be with you Duo,” Solo whispered. “We're just like brothers, we're a great duo. Right Duo?”
 
“That's right Solo, just hold on. Solo! SOLO!” Duo cried.
 
The mysterious girl was watching Duo as he slept. His face was streaked with tears of crimson.
 
“Shh . . . poor thing, it's okay,” she murmured soothingly. He was talking and moaning in his sleep. It was completely obvious that he was caught in the throws of a nightmare. “Come on now violet-eyes,” she purred. “You're not one for nightmares.” She pulled him up to her chest, his head lay resting on her shoulder. She then shifted her weight and wrapped her coat more tightly around herself and the boy in her arms. She wrapped both arms around Duo after she threw a sheet over Quatre, she promptly fell back to sleep.
 
 
A short while later . . .
Quatre was the first in the group to wake up. He looked around him confused and saw tow people lying on the bed next to him. He tried to move his right hand to brush his hair out of his eyes but his hands were shackled together. He looked at his hands in confusion, then he remembered what had happened to him and Duo. He looked to his left and saw Duo being held in the arms of a strange girl. Duo was facing the girl with his face buried in the dark blonde girl's shoulder. She had her black trench coat pulled around them both.
 
“Duo?” Quatre whispered very quietly. Duo made no response. Quatre sat up pushing the blanket off of him. He turned on the bed to look at his two sleeping companions. Duo moaned in his sleep and the girl hugged him closer to herself.
 
“Shh . . . don't worry violet-eyes,” the girl cooed to him in her sleep. She began to gently stroke Duo's hair and he visibly relaxed. Quatre could feel the waves of soothing energy that rolled off of the girl. Because of Quatre's being a Sensitive and his “space heart” he could tell that his girl was someone that he could trust.
 
“Duo,” Quatre said again, gently nudging his friend. Duo's head was turned towards him. His violet eyes opened slowly and locked with Quatre's teal eyes. “Are you awake?”
 
“Yeah Quatre,” Duo said quietly. “I'm awake.” Duo made no move to leave the girl's protective embrace.
 
“What's been going on?” Quatre asked looking at Duo's unshackled hands.
 
“We've been captured by Oz and they've begun to interrogate us. They-they're using-,” Duo cut himself off with a violent shudder. Quatre winced feeling Duo's remembered pain. “They're using cattle prods,” duo finally managed to finish. Quatre stared at Duo in shock, he knew how sensitive their kind was to electricity. Duo tried to sit up but collapsed with a gasp back onto the girl that had been holding him. He looked at Quatre and Quatre saw that Duo's eyes were laced with crimson.
 
“Duo,” Quatre said. Quatre was holding his chest as waves of Duo's pain washed over him. “What happened to you? You got hurt really bad. I can tell.” Quatre's eyes were filled with concern for his friend.
 
“They beat me up pretty badly, but that I can handle,” he grinned cheekily at Quatre.
 
“What else did they do to you?” Quatre insisted.
 
“They had me chained down onto a metal chair. When they . . . when they started to - - to use that - - that cattle prod on me. God Quatre, it hurt so bad. It was like nothing I've ever felt before.” Duo looked at Quatre and hugged the girl he was lying on more tightly.
 
“I'm so sorry Duo. That's awful.”
 
“Hmm” the girl moaned waking up. She looked down at the trembling teen in her arms. He had once again buried his head into her shoulder. “What's wrong violet-eyes?” she asked soothingly. Duo looked at her, eyes full of trust.
 
“I'm sorry,” Duo said shaking himself. “I've made an idiot of myself.” He tried to get up but strong arms held him in place. He looked at her, shock registering on his face.
 
“No, you haven't,” the girl looked at him with kind deep blue eyes. “I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. My name's Krystal Makabe. Pleasure to meet you,” she looked at Duo and then at Quatre.
 
“My name's Duo Maxwell,” Duo said looking up at Krystal.
 
“My name's Quatre Rabarba Winner,” Quatre said.
 
“If my guess is right both of you haven't been here long,” Krystal said quietly.
 
“Yeah, last night we go caught,” Duo said. His eyes were still webed with crimson, however Duo didn't seem to have noticed. Quatre had though, he looked at Duo with wide eyes.
 
“Duo,” Quatre hissed.
 
“What Quatre?” Duo confused.
 
“Your eye,” Quatre said very quietly.
 
“Huh?” Duo asked. There weren't any mirrors in the room so Duo couldn't see his eyes.
 
“He's trying to tell you that your eyes are turning crimson,” Krystal said calmly. “You used up a lot of blood when they beat you up last night. You'll need blood soon.” At that Duo gasped and Quatre fell off the bed in shock.
 
“How do . . . how do you know about that?” Quatre and Duo asked in startled unison.
 
“Oh,” Krystal smiled at them. “I'm just full of surprises.” She grinned at them again, her mood somber suddenly. “Are you gonna me okay?”
 
“Sure, I'm fine,” Duo said smirking.
 
“Really?” Krystal rolled him onto his back. “Sit up then.”
 
“What?” Duo asked dumbly. Quatre; however, figured out what she was up to.
 
“If you're fine then you should be able to sit up with no problem.” Krystal smirked at them with a shit-eating grin.
 
“Fine!” duo said defiantly. He moved to sit up and yelped in pain.
 
“You alright?” she asked, voice and eyes instantly soft and filled with concern.
 
“No,” Duo admitted unwillingly. He looked up at her, for the first time in his life he felt truly safe.
 
“Okay,” Krystal said nodding at him. She shifted his weight and brought her hand to each other. “I'm going to give you some of my blood. Not much mind you, but enough to heal you up a bit.”
 
“Huh?” Duo and Quatre asked confused. Quatre was sitting up on the floor unsure as to wither or not he could sit back on the bed.
 
“Don't worry about it,” Krystal said soothingly. “I know what I'm doing. Trust me.” Duo and Quatre looked at each other and nodded. They weren't sure why but they felt they could trust her. “Good then. Relax Duo,” she used a long fingernail on her left hand and made a cut on her right palm. Quatre gasped in shock and Duo opened his mouth to say something but Krystal put her bleeding hand over his open mouth.
 
“Shh . . .” Krystal said. “Calm down Duo.” Duo did as he was told and relaxed a bit. “Now drink, don't worry about me. I'll be fine.” Duo closed his eyes and began to slowly suck at the cut on Krystal's hand, no one made a sound as Duo fed. After a little while Krystal gently moved to pull her hand away but Duo caught the bleeding hand and licked the wound closed. “Better now?” she asked looking at Duo who seemed to be having problems staying awake.
 
“Yeah,” Duo replied sleepily. “All better . . .” his voice trailed off as he fell asleep again. He lay snuggled with his back against Krystal's front. His body began the slow process of healing once again, they bruise on his right cheek quickly faded away.
 
“How . . .?” Quatre asked dumbfounded. “How did you know?”
 
“That you and Duo are vampires?” Krystal finished. Quatre looked startled.
 
“Yes, how'd you know about us?”
 
“”Well,” Krystal smiled. “I could just tell. I'm a Sensitive among other thins.” //I better watch what I say. I have no idea why this pair was caught by Oz.// ~ Krystal
 
“You're a Sensitive too?” Quatre asked surprised. //I didn't expect to find any other Sensitives. After all, we're such a rare breed.// ~ Quatre He looked a Krystal in awe.
 
“You're a Sensitive?” Krystal asked, shock registering on her face.
 
“Yeah,” Quatre replied. Krystal patted the bed so that Quatre would sit on it instead of the floor. “I've also got the `space heart.'”
 
“Really? That's a double whammy,” she looked at him.
 
“Yeah,” Quatre said sitting down on the bed. “This one time when I first met our friend Heero, we're soldiers, we had a problem. We had to quit fighting. Heero got orders to blow up his Mobile Suit, when he blew it up he go injured really badly. I felt his pain . . .” he paused at the memory. “It felt like my heart was being wrenched from my chest.” He fell silent.
 
“I'm sorry to hear that,” Krystal said placing a hand on his shoulder.
 
“Don't worry about it, that happened a long time ago.”
 
“Hmm . . . so, you and Duo and Heero are a lot like brothers then? That's common among certain kinds of soldiers, those with pure hearts,” Krystal looked at him with eyes full of compassion.
 
“Well, its not just Duo, Heero, and myself. There's five of us that have been hanging around each other fro a long time,” Quatre replied.
 
“Are any of them Sensitives?” Krystal asked looking hopeful.
 
“No. Why do you ask?” Quatre asked confused.
 
“Well, I was thinking that if they're soldiers then maybe a joint effort could get us out of here.”
 
“How could we possibly contact them if we're locked up?” Quatre asked his curiosity perked.
 
“Well,” Krystal said grudgingly. “At this point we may not be able to get a message to them. Because of my abilities I can,” *send thoughts to other Sensitives. *
 
“What?” Quatre asked dumbfounded. Her voice had gone from seeming out loud to right next to his ear.
 
“Telepathy,” Krystal said with a smile. “Most Sensitives have the ability of telepathy but never use it because they don't know it's there. In other words, we are able to project thoughts into the minds of a person who's willing.”
 
“Can you do it with anyone?” Quatre asked suddenly excited.
 
“Project thoughts to them? Yes. But that's where the problem lies. If the recipient isn't open and willing they wont' get the message.”
 
“How do you do it?” Quatre asked his full attention on the girl in front of him. //I have to know! Then I can get a hold of Wufei! // ~ Quatre
 
“It takes a couple of weeks to perfect it enough to actually send any real words to another person, but only a couple of days to learn to project pictures. With practice you get a greater distance you can cover.” Quatre looked crest fallen. “Why do you ask?”
 
“Because I was thinking our friend Wufei might be able to get the message.” //He meditates every night, he's the only one able to `hear' us. Too bad I can't do it. // ~ Quatre
 
“What makes you think this friend of yours would get it?” //Interesting, maybe we can get out of here after all! // ~ Krystal
 
“Well, I know for a fact that Wufei meditates for an hour or two each night. That would make it possible to get a message out to him.”
 
“Hmm . . .” Krystal seemed lost in thought for a moment or two. “Maybe I could get a hold of this Wufei friend of yours. What's his full name?”
 
“Wufei Chang. Why?” Quatre raised a questioning eyebrow.
 
“If I know his name he'll be easier to reach. Is there anything special I should know about him? Any information you give me would be a great help.”
 
“Sure, he's 17. Um, Chinese with black hair and eyes. Loves justice. And he's said to be a dragon of some sort but that confuses all of us. Even him” Quatre looked at her with wide expectant eyes.
 
“Good, what time does he usually meditate?”
 
“Ten o'clock. After his class at the dojo.”
 
“Hmm . . .I'm gonna take a little nap then. Wake me up in an hour would ya?”
 
“Sure thing.”
 
“Thanks,” Krystal laid back on the bed and closed her eyes. //Man am I tired. // ~ Krystal Within moments she was asleep with Duo; now on his side, curled up next to her.