Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing Vampires ❯ Captured!? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Author's Note: // . . . // is thoughts, * . . . * is telepathy, and um . . . I'm working as fast as I can to make new chapters! Please be patient with me. *
 
 
Gundam Wing Vampires: Chapter 3: Captured!?
 
 
"Crap," Duo cursed. The commanding officer was none other than Zechs. "We are so screwed."
 
"Hello Gundam pilots 02 and 04. So nice to see you both alive," Zechs greeted warmly, not noticing the fact that Quatre was unconscious.
 
"What do you want Zechs?" Duo demanded.
 
"Information," Zechs said with a sinister smile. "Come now, lets be a little more friendly. You can start by not pretending that Quatre is ill."
 
"Too bad, but he really is unconscious at the moment," Duo sneered. Quatre tightened his grip on Duo. "So, if you plan on hauling us in, I'm gonna be the one to take care of him."
 
"Tsk. Tsk. Mr. Maxwell, you have such terrible manners. You should request the privilege to take care of your fallen friend. You shouldn't make demands when you are the prisoner. But I'll let it slide this time," Zechs smirked at Duo and the sleeping Quatre.
 
"Thank you so much for your hospitality," Duo sneered.
 
"Fine then, shall we?" Zechs made it almost sound like Duo had a choice, almost. The soldiers formed a circle around Duo and Zechs. "I don't really see the need for manacles, but they are a requirement. Hands only." Zechs said smirking again, he shackled Quatre's hands and then Duo's, Duo only glared and help Quatre in his lap as Zechs eyed the unconscious blonde hungrily.
 
“Don't even think about it Zechs,” Duo said warningly. “You so much as lay one finger on him you perverted bastard, I cut your nuts off and force feed them to you.”
 
“Ha, Ha,” Zechs chuckled. “And how do you plan to do that my chestnut braided friend?” Zechs gently ran a hand along Duo's jaw.
 
“I'm not your friend.” Duo growled jerking away.
 
“Tsk. Such horrible implications,” Zechs said pretending to be hurt. “I'd never do anything to my Gundam Pilots.”
 
“Like hell you wouldn't.”
 
“You really need to work on your manners my dear Gundam Pilot. Such hatred should only be used on the battle field.”
 
“Yeah? So what about your manners?”
 
“Shut up if you know what's good for ya,” a soldier said interrupting Zechs' next comment. “Colonel Zechs is the best commanding officer the world has ever known!”
 
“I think you may be over rating my skills a bit,” Zechs said modestly. “Commander Treize is a far better leader than I'll ever be.”
 
“Gag me,” Duo said sarcastically. “This is almost too much.”
 
“I'm sure a gag won't be necessary for your friend,” Zechs said with a sly smirk. “I'm sure that in his current state of incoherence he'll be very cooperative.”
 
“You stay the hell back! You perverted freak!” Duo screamed and kicked Zechs' hand away.
 
“Fistey aren't we? However amusing that was . . . don't even think about doing that again.” Zechs said with an evil grin. He looked absolutely cocky about the power he held.
 
“Grr . . .” was Duo's only response.
 
“Is this how you treat your homosexual or bisexual friends?” Zechs sneered.
 
“You know I wasn't making any comments about your sexual orientation. I have lots of gay and bi friends. What I was making fun of is the fact that you are one of the most perverted beings I have ever met on the face of the planet.” Duo said with a smirk
 
“Why you!!” Zechs cried indignantly. He then struck a really lucky blow knocked Duo out.
 
Later . . .
 
“Oh god,” Duo moaned. “Either I've got one hell of a hangover, or someone beat the crap outta me.” He moved a bit and yelped in pain. “Beat up,” he decided. Duo decided to have a look around wherever he was.
 
“I'm sorry Duo,” Quatre mumbled in his sleep. Duo looked to where Quatre lay, the only bed in the room he was locked in.
 
“I wonder if there's a window,” Duo asked no one from the floor indeed a window and Duo had a nice little look outside. “Damn, the sun's still up, that means Quatre's gonna still be outta commission.” He looked at his sleeping companion. “At least you're not alone Quatre.”
 
“Rise and shine cupcakes! 02, you'll be the first unfortunate of the day,” a soldier out the door said merrily. Duo looked down and noticed that his hands were, indeed, shackled.
 
“Not the best way to start the day, eh, Quatre?” Duo asked the unresponsive Quatre.
 
“Step away from the door,” the soldier ordered.
 
“Sure, whatever.”
 
“That smart mouth is gonna get you beat, again,” the soldier warned unlocking the door.
 
“So, what else is new?”
 
“Your interrogation is first up on today's menu!” the soldier said sarcastically.
 
“You know,” Duo began before the soldier hit him in the stomach. “Ow.”
 
“Follow me,” the soldier ordered with a cold smirk.
 
“Sure, thing,” Duo gasped. He wasn't about to reveal to the soldier how much that hurt, or to be more accurate, how little it hurt. He had only said `Ow' as an instinctive reaction to being hit though he felt no pain.
 
“Great to have a cooperative Gundam Pilot for once, you all are usually so rude about the interrogation process.”
“Your such a wonderful host,” Duo said gasping. He looked at the ground smiling. “How could I refuse such wonderful hospitality?” He sat back on the ground.
 
“On your feet,” the guard ordered, he was no longer smiling.
 
“Aww . . . but the ground's so comfy,” Duo whined. The guard pointed a gun at Duo. “All right, I'm moving,” Duo grumbled getting to his feet. The guard roughly shoved him out, Duo took one last look at Quatre's sleeping form before the door slammed shut in his face.
 
“Move, now!” the guard ordered shoving Duo.
 
“Sheesh, I'm moving,” Duo mumbled. They continued in silence for nearly 20 minutes. //Wow, this is a pretty big base.// Duo thought.
 
“In,” the guard ordered, he shoved Duo into a small dark room and locked the door. Duo stumbled around for a bit looking for something in the solid black room.
 
“Welcome 02,” a voice greeted him warmly. “Please, have a seat.” A light came on and illuminated an ordinary looking black chair. The rest of the room was still extremely dark.
 
“I think I prefer standing,” Duo said gritting his teeth.
 
“Sit.”
 
“No?”
 
“Now,” the voice commended and Duo's knees were knocked out from under him. A pair of guards lifted him up and placed in front of the chair. “You'll quickly find that cooperating with my wishes is far wiser and less painful, 02.”
 
*Oh, I'm gonna teach this guy a lesson about messing with Shinigami, * Duo thought darkly.
 
“Now please,” the voice said again. It definitely belonged to a man, “let's at least try to act civilized.”
 
Duo decided that keeping his mouth shut at this pint was likely the best policy. He sat down without a word to his captors. As soon as he had sat down multiple guards came and held him down as they unchained his hands from each other and reattached them to the arms of the chair. Duo tried to get away but to no avail, there just wasn't anything he could do . . . yet.
 
“Please try to remain calm 02,” the man said as they shackled his legs to the legs of the chair. “I just want to ask you a few questions.”
 
Duo stared in the direction of the voice, defiantly silent. Even his superior night vision wasn't allowing him to see into the rest of the darkened room.
 
"Hm," a pause. "Please state your name. For the record of course.” No response. “02, please state your name.”
 
“02?” Duo asked. He knew that was the designation Oz had given to him since he had been the second pilot confirmed in the second Gundam, and he was from L2.
 
“Would you like a little more light?”
 
“Hai.”
 
“Fine.” A light came on and the voice now had a face. It wasn't happy with him either. The man interrogating Duo was eloquent I every sense of the word. He sat in the most eloquent way Duo had ever seen, he spoke very eloquently
 
“Wow,” Duo murmured quietly. The man had short brown hair and intense brown/green eyes. The outer rim of his eyes were brown and the inside was bright green.
 
“I believe that the appropriate response to that is thank you.” Another eloquent sentence. “So, shall we continue?”
 
“Whatever you want,” Duo said smirking
 
“Would you please state your name?”
 
“No.”
 
“Why not?”
 
“Don't wanna,” Duo said like a kid.
 
“You are truly testing my patience 02.” He gestured to the guards standing on either side of Duo. They stepped up to either side of Duo.
 
“I'll ask one more time. Please state your name,” the man asked again. He waited.
 
“No dice.”
 
“How sad,” the interrogator said. “You may proceed,” he said to the guards on either side of Duo. They stepped up in front of Duo in perfect synchronization, then they took turns beating him up. They punched him as hard as they could for several minutes. Finally the interrogator raised at hand and the guards resumed their former positions behind Duo. “I do not enjoy the pain of others.
 
Duo sat slumped in his chair trying to recover his breath. //Dear god, I hurt,// Duo thought to himself. He forced blood to the injury to try to heal it. It felt as though he had more than one broken rib, actually more than five. It was a strain but he kept forcing his body to heal itself.
 
“Now then I hope that was proper motivation for us to continue.”
 
//Oh crap,// Duo thought. //This can't be happening to me.//
 
“Now,” the interrogator said with a sad smile. “Please state your name.”
 
“No chance in hell-“ the last word was cut off as one of the guard gut punched Duo really hard. //God, more broken ribs.//
 
“Your name.” Silence. “Please 02, unlike me, your guards are enjoying the chance to beat you up.”
 
“Sh-“ Duo tried. The guard punched him again.
 
“Stop that!” the interrogator said angrily. “Your name please, 02.”
 
“Sh-Shini,” Duo gasped, “gami.” He slumped in his chair unable to breathe tight. “Call me . . . Shinigami.”
 
“Shinigami,” the interrogator asked arching one eloquent eyebrow. “You're saying that you're the God of Death?”
 
“Yup!” Duo said as cheerfully as he could with half a dozen badly broken ribs. He was getting more tired each time they beat him up. His body kept telling that he should be sleeping during the day to allow his body to heal more slowly than by force.
 
“Well, I have to say that's an improvement on your earlier responses. However, we have it on goo0d authority that Shinigami is not in fact your name.” He gestured sadly at one of the guards by Duo. Duo had already tensed his body, ready to be beaten up again. However, the guard had other plans.
 
“I'm gonna enjoy this,” the guard said gruffly. He was holding a cattle prod in his hand. The electricity was leaping between the end of the fork with brilliant blue sparks. Duo's eyes went wide.
 
“Since beating you up doesn't seem to be working,” the interrogator said, “we'll have to use other methods.”
 
“Please no,” Duo whimpered. Vampires are extremely sensitive to electricity. //Dear god,// Duo silently prayed. //Don't let them do this to me.//
 
“Then just state your name for the record,” the interrogator said sadly.
 
“I-I can't,” Duo said shaking.
 
“Then I have to let him do his job,” he sighed, after a moment he nodded and the guard smiled.
 
“Please,” Duo whimpered. “Please don't do this,” he was on the verge of tears.
 
“I'm sorry,” the interrogator sighed. “Just say your name.”
 
“But, I can't!” Duo said. He was trying his hardest not to cry.
 
“Very well then 02,” the interrogator nodded to the guard.
 
“NO!” Duo screamed. Then the guard stabbed him with the cattle prod. Duo screamed . . . the most pitiful and inhuman sound tore itself from Duo's throat and was heard though the entire compound. Quatre moaned loudly in his cell, he could feel Duo's pain. Duo's back arched away from the chair at an impossible angle as the chains holding him to it strained. Finally the guard removed the prod from Duo's body. He was breathing in very ragged and shallow gasps. The guard and interrogator stared at Duo, slumped in his chair, in shock. Duo sat slumped and panting, his eyes were shut against the pain. //Dear god,// Duo thought, //they nearly killed me.// Duo looked up at them weakly.
 
“Are you ready to tell us your name?” the interrogator said after a few minutes to regain his composure.
 
“N-“ Duo gasped. “No *gasp * chance,” Duo said still defiant even though the pain.
 
“Hit him again,” the interrogator said. The guard did as he was told and stabbed Duo with the cattle prod. Duo screamed again, the sound echoing throughout the compound. Quatre moaned louder this time, he felt Duo's pain once more. In another cell a girl was awakened by Duo's scream and his pain. Her deep blue eyes opened and she sat up.
 
“Stop,” the interrogator ordered and the guard obeyed. “Now, please 02. State your name for the record.
 
“D-“ Duo began. He sat almost in the fetal position in his chair. He was gasping badly, however he was trying to answer so they wouldn't hit him again with the prod. The guard raised the prod again.
 
“Don't touch him . . . yet,” the interrogator said. The guard backed down leaving Duo time to learn to breathe again.
 
“D-D,” Duo tried. //It won't hurt if I tell them my name. That's not gonna help them.// Duo thought.
 
“Take your time,” the interrogator said taking pity on Duo.
 
“M-my,” duo gasped each word, “name *gasp* is *gasp* D-D-Duo,” he said slumping in his chair again.
 
“Last name?” Duo shook his head. “So Duo is your first name?”
 
“Yes,” Duo croaked.
 
“So,” the interrogator said calmly, he thought he had broken Duo. “Please tell me your last name.”
 
“No,” he gasped. //I won't tell them. I can't.//
 
“Hit him,” the guard stuck the prod into Duo and once again an inhuman scream was ripped from Duo's throat.
 
“Say it!” the eloquent interrogator was loosing his cool.
 
“No.”
 
“Last name!” each time the interrogator told Duo to give his last name the guard would prod Duo.
 
“No!”
 
Scream.
 
“Say it!”
 
“No!”
 
Scream. The girl in her cell could feel each time Duo was hit. She stood in one fluid movement and moved to the door of her cell.
 
“Let me out,” she said calmly to the guard outside.
 
“Sorry,” the guard replied. “No one's allowed out during interrogations you know that.”
 
“Then I'm sorry for what I'm about to do,” she stood back a bit. “Move away from the door,” she warned. She steadied herself before hitting the door with all her might. The door creaked and she hit it again and the door flew off its hinges.
 
“How in the hell?” the guard asked dumbfounded. The girl looked at him with a smile and knocked him out. She then took off running towards Duo's screams.
 
“Tell me!” the interrogator screamed.
 
“Max-“ Duo gasped. //I'm broken,// Duo thought defeatedly.
 
“Duo Max?” the interrogator asked.
 
“Yeah, sure,” Duo moaned.
 
“Liar! Hit him again1” Duo screamed. BANG! BANG! The guard leaped away from Duo as though he was on fire.
 
“What was that?” the guard asked confused. BANG! The door flew off its hinges inward. The girl stepped though.
 
“What are you doing here?!” the interrogator demanded of the mysterious girl who had showed up.
 
“Don't touch him again,” she said in a low threatening tone. Her eyes were webbed with crimson, her dark blonde braid was over her shoulder.
 
“I give orders here!” the interrogator said indignantly.
 
“You are killing him,” the girl said simply. She walked over to Duo's chair where Duo lay barely conscious. He looked at her with unfocused eyes.
 
“How could you know?”
 
“I can.” She said shortly. She quickly inspected Duo, “I'll take him back to his cell. I'll be staying there from now on.”
 
“Why?”
 
“So you don't kill him or his friend.”
 
“WHAT?!”
 
“I can tell there's another person in that cell,” she said coolly. “You'll be needing a new chair. This one's scrap.” They all looked at the chair Duo was slumped in. the metal was horribly twisted and the chair had folded in on itself when Duo had been electrocuted. “Give me the keys,” she held here hand out.
 
“Don't give me orders!” the interrogator his a button on his desk and the girl was brought to her knees as the now apparent manacles on here wrists electrocuted her.
 
“Please?” he handed her the key to Duo's manacles. She unshackled him off of the chair. She gently picked Duo up off the chair and looked at the interrogator. “Would someone please show me the way?” she asked though gritted teeth.
 
“Guard, show her the way,” the interrogator left out a back door in the interrogation room. The girl turned to the guard.
 
“This way,” the guard said looking at the girl. She nodded and followed him to the cell where Quatre was and walked willingly into confinement once more. She laid Duo on the bed with Quatre and sat at the head of the bed.