Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter

By Midori Bond & Devon Masterson-Bond

 

Chapter 7

 

"Now, I want all of you to behave at school," Mrs. Granger sighed as she hugged each of the children that had been placed in her charge. This included the extra two that wandered in the last couple of days. "And don't forget to have fun in between your studies. All of you are too young to be so serious, this includes you Heero..."

Heero nodded and hugged the older woman tighter. She was the closest thing he would ever to be to grandparents. All of his relatives were dead or hated his guts. "Yes, ma'am."

"And you too young lady," Mrs Granger added smoothing back Victoria's brown locks.

Victoria nodded and buried her face in the older woman's embrace. It was all ending. She would get to school and they were all turn on her…except maybe Lucretzia. Though she imagined Lucretzia would snap out her insanity soon enough. One they arrived at school, she would go from being Victoria or Vic as Duo called her, to the Colonel. She hated that nickname. No one ever called her that to her face, but she did have excellent hearing. She would never forget this summer!

"Have a nice trip," Mrs. Granger bid them all one last time just before looking around. The surrounding travelers were all bustling around trying to get to their destinations, that was good. "Now two at a time," she said lowly.

They all nodded and made their way through the column. As each pair disappeared, she could not help but think of the amazing wonders they would each experience. She hoped it all went well for them. Once they were all gone, she turned to her husband and sighed. "I miss them already," she said as they left the entrance to platform nine and three quarters.

"I know dear," he said patting her shoulder, "but remember there's always holidays."
Her face brightened. "That's true."

 

One the other side of the entrance…

"I guess we better load are thing onto the train," Heero suggested.

"This is going to be great!" Duo exclaimed as he pushed his cart over to the luggage car.

"We better go after him just in case the fool gets into trouble," Wufei commented as he followed after Duo. The others nodded in agreement though they would not have been so harsh.

"Miss Une," a male voice called out.

Victoria turned around and her heart skipped a beat as her house Prefect walked over to her along with the Gryfindor Prefect. "Mr…Treize," she said reverently, "how was your summer?"

"It was rather entertaining, Zechs and I spent the summer besting each other at Quidditch, however; I am glad to be back at school," he answered. "Who are your friends?"

Victoria flushed lightly. She was being rude on all accounts. "This is Heero, Trowa, Quatre, Wufei, and of course you know Lucretzia. They are all first years." All of the boys nodded and greeted.

"Charmed, I'm sure," Treize greeted. "I am Treize Khushrinada, the Slytherin House Prefect and this Gryfindor's Prefect Milliardo `Zechs' Peacecraft and his sister Relena. She is a first year as well, perhaps you'll end up being housemates."

"No last names?" Relena asked curiously a she stepped forward. She was curious about these boys. It was so rare to be around people her own age. She was always spent her time alone or as Zechs and Treize's tag along. This was her chance to branch out. Her first target was boy with the beautiful eyes and unruly hair. There was something that drew her to him besides the fact he was handsome young man. She wanted to get to know him further.

"Now Relena don't be rude," Zechs commented. "They will tell us when they want us to know."

"Yes, trust is a comodity to be earned," Treize added. Relena rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "You have much to learn."

"Guys, come on," Duo whined as he walked up to the group. "We gotta go and I don't want the train to leave us, plus we have to do that thing, remember?"

"Don't let us keep you," Treize replied. "Your friend seems to be in a hurry."

"Nice seeing you," Lucy said waving as they all turned to leave.

"Nice meeting you," Quatre added politely. The others nodded. There was something about Trieze that did not quite sit well with them.

"Good-bye, Mr. Trieze," Victoria said reluctantly.

"Before you go, Miss Une, I have something in honor of your anniversary that recently passed." He picked up the portable kennel beside him and handed it to her.

"Mr. Treize…" her sentence trail she didn't know what to say. "I…thank you."

Treize shook his head. He would not allow her to lose the grace he cherished in her. "I noticed that you do not have a familiar. The shop keeper assured me that this familiar would be a wonderful companion to you."

Victoria opened the door to the kennel and large fluffy black Cheshire kitten leapt gracefully onto her shoulder and then got comfortable across her shoulder. A warm purr sounded her in ear as the cat drifted off to sleep. "She's beautiful. Thank you, Mr. Treize."

Trieze took her hand and kissed it lightly. "You're welcome, Miss Une." A blond eyebrow arched as he heard a barely audible growl from Heero. Amusement replaced surprise once Treize caught sight of Heero's glare in his peripheral vision. It seemed that maybe he had found his entertainment for this year. The train whistled sounded. "We should board now. I will see you at the banquet." He then waved to the others and dashed out of sight.

"Oo..kay," Duo said then pulled Trowa and Quatre's arms. "Come on, we have to go."

"I can't believe you let that happen," Wushu commented from above Heero's head. He slithered down to his shoulders "I can still catch up to him and let out a little cough no one will ever know."

"Don't," Heero whispered as inconspicuous as possible.

Victoria paused in her motion. "I have to see to something go on without me and I'll catch up." Heero shook his head. He didn't like that idea what if Treize came up again. "I'll take Wushu with me. I'm sure he'll be able to find you if I get lost."

Finally a compromise that he could accept. "We'll be in the back."

Victoria nodded. "Take Cassidy so she can get settled in." She handed the cheshire kitten.

"Cassidy?" he asked.

"Gaelic for clever," she replied petting the kitten affectionately. "I think it's perfectly suited for her. Look her at eyes and you'll see there's more to her than meets the eye." Cassidy purred to her mistress then nuzzled against Heero shoulder. "Take care of her."

"How long are you going to be gone?" he asked.

Victoria flushed slightly. She did not mean to be so possessive, but Cassidy was the first gift ever given to her by a colleague. "Take care as she started the baggage compartment."

"Hmm," he sighed then turned the opposite direction. He did not like her running off without him, but at least he had her kitten as collateral. She was coming back.

"So where are we going?" Wushu asked climbing up her arm. "Oh yeah, that's right you can understand me. I'll be your protector. No other boys are going to take you away while I am on the job."

Victoria shut the door to the car behind her and looked around. Once she was sure they were alone, she hissed at Wushu. "We are going to be clear on some issues, Wushu. I know you enjoy mischief and you want to protect Heero, but if I find out that you set Mr. Treize on fire, I will petrify you and use you as a stirring rod."

Wushu blinked then climbed on top of her head. He lowered himself in front of her so that he could stare at her upside down. "I like `em firey," he smirked.

"I am serious," she said sternly.

Wushu nodded. "You're mean and I appreciate that in a woman. You're perfect for Heero." Victoria flushed bright red but maintained a look of seriousness despite herself. A brown eyebrow raised. "I'll behave."

"Good," she replied.

"Wait until Heero finds out that you can understand me."

"No," she hissed quickly then calmed herself. "Knowledge of some of my talents will raise too many questions. Let's leave this between you and me."

"I can't keep that from him," Wushu whined, "not even as a stirring rod. Besides we both know that I'll get changed back."

Victoria sighed. "Then I will have to inform Heero that it was you who finished the other half of his chocolate frogs, not Duo."

Amber eyes widened. "Fine. It'll be more fun to tease him this way anyway," he replied climbing across her shoulder. "I like you. You're so tricky."

"I like you too," she said stroking him. "Let's get back before we are missed."

 

***

"Isn't she the kind of cat as the Neko-bus?" Duo asked as he watched the cat laying peacefully on the seat across from him.

"Yes," Quatre replied as he pulled a few items out of the bag for the small but cramped party. "She's a cheshire cat."

"Cool." Duo leaned forward and stroked the cat under the chin. He smiled when the kitten's eyes drifted shut and purred loudly. "Finally a pet that likes me."

"Ebony likes you," Quatre remarked.

Wufei shot a look at Duo. "Nataku trained to ignore fools."

"You and Catherine get along to my knowledge," Trowa commented holding the container that Quatre handed him from inside the bag. His grandmother had gone overboard with the food again.

"Wushu finds you humrous," Heero supplied.

"Really?" Duo asked.

"Watcha doin?" Wushu asked as he slid through the window panel at the top of the door. He floated down to Heero's head. "Miss me?"

"Hey, it's Wushu," Duo remarked.

"Why aren't you with Victoria?" Heero hissed.

"Can't put anything pass him can you?" Wushu snickered. "She went to the bathroom. I am not supposed to follow her in there am I?"