Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Yuy and the... ❯ ...Time Sweep ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AN: I know.. It's been done a billion kazillion times. However, I'VE never, ever read one that I liked. A crossover with Gundam Wing and Harry Potter is as likely as Barney and Resident Evil (okay, maybe not that much) Let me change it to 'A good crossover with Gundam Wing and Harry Potter is as likely as yadda yadda. Personally I don't believe there is any way they could get together at present... Nor could my favorite pair Draco and Harry will ever be together in the original story (like Treize and Une in GW, I really and truly believe Harry and Ginny love and are for each other) However.. I don't like to write about that! Haha.

One word made my crossover as least on a minimum scale of likeliness. Which is REINCARNATION. J.K. Rowling said it once... I'm probably riding it more than it was worth. I hope you don't think so:D

Each chapter title is at the end of the whole fanfic title.. Like 'Heero Yuy and the... Time Sweep' you see? Also, you will see what it is about Heero Yuy, and not one of my favorite characters coughDracocoughZechscough

I've been studying Harry Potter like a sixth class... So I hope I have everything close to right.. Does anyone know how many people are on a Quidditch team? I'm having trouble finding that ...

Summary: Three centuries and three months after the end of Harry Potter and the battle for earth, a subtle twist of fate has mobile suit worriers fighting with wands, and choosing sides, and wand carriers finding the meaning why some people just don't have magic.

-Chapter Summary: The gundam pilots are escorted back in time into the Wizarding world, finding out that something more than Earth exists, and other surprises as well.

Warning: The rating is tentative. Unlike J.K. Rowling, with her immense style of details, all wonderful and all, I'm really into the short, darker, more sensual sides of people and their wide range of emotions. Even though it is pretty hard, I have the story in omniscient POV, which may be confusing.

I am a Draco/Harry fan. I don't know who the freak is on top, there's so many opinions on that... But we'll know eventually. So if you went gaga at the end of Deathly Hallows, because of what happened... Ah.. Well... yea.. Hermione and Ron are still together :D

Pairings: Of course, Draco/Harry...Harry/Draco...? Ron/Hermione, 13x6- Those are my only sure ones and the only ones you gotta be cautious about. Heero...Is a tough one. But he's the main character and I'll see how he goes.

Disclaimer: Let me be honest. I would love to own Harry Potter, but I don't want it, you know? I would love a high-tech comp about four thousand dollars, but I don't want it? With that, I disclaim all right to even write this- 'cause any day now she can say nuh-uh!' and know and confess that the great and wonderful Harry Potter series belongs to J.K. Rowling!

Now let's begin!


...Time Sweep



Three months after the battle between the Earth Sphere Alliance, the White Fang, and the neutral Peacemillion pilots besides their allies, the Gundam pilots were forced to fight in yet another threat to peace; the pompous renegade organization Supreme Alpha resurfaced after nearly a quarter century's dormancy.

Though they boasted of armies of mobile suits ready for battle, at each of their dreadfully unkept hideouts, usually located in eerie, desolated neighborhoods, no one would have guessed they even knew the most primitive type of technology. They used candles, for instance.

Not only that, every cross of information between Supreme Alpha and the Preventers came from men and women civilians who remembered nothing of interaction between the former group. The data they had obviously pointed to their locations, as if they wanted to be found, and that they were stronger than any army the Earth Sphere or colonies could produce.

Their mysterious ways roused the media to ask: was this organization really as powerful as it thought it was? After several fruitless efforts to catch the group, Preventers decided that yes, they were. Chief Supervisor Lady Une decided that it was time to send in the best, if they were so willing to help.

At first, the Gundam pilots refused, some were too busy, and the others didn't find the group dangerous enough, and this was publicly displayed on certain news.

Supreme Alpha, pride wounded, confessed they held Treize Kushrenada, who was allegedly killed in battle, demonstrating him bond, blinded, and gagged on international and intercolonial display screens. The miraculous impossibility of their presentation agitated the public to a near panic that forced the then in hiding Zechs Merquise, also called Milliardo Peacecraft, to act on the mission.

Unfortunately, after he and his squad reached their destination, all of them disappeared. No evidence of conflict nor foul play was found, yet, Supreme Alpha had another secret to show the world: they did not have the former leader Kushrenada. The messages were enraged rants of glory, but no explanation on why they no longer had the man or, as assumed, Zechs Merquise.

Three Gundam pilots volunteered for the now grave mission of bringing Supreme Alpha off its high horse, but, like the Sanc prince, they vanished without a trace.

However, the terrorists were angry beyond measure, with the last threat that they will bring all human beings to their knees.

Duo Maxwell, half of the two remaining Gundam pilots, managed to get as far as, with hidden cameras, showing the process he went through to get to the blatant Alpha base. Static cut across his screens not long after he arrived at a shuttle port. Heero Yuy was much the same.

Even more odd was the fact that all those connected to the Gundam Pilots, Merquise, or Kushrenada, disappeared and reappeared within a week, included Earth Representative Relena Peacecraft; some of those who fought in the war were gone; and Supreme Alpha no longer sent their ideas and gasconades. The world, happy but slightly puzzled, went to its normal state of peace for the regular humans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heero Yuy found the woman leading him by the elbow to be of British descent. She had made him drink some tangy liquid or risk losing Relena; since her safety always came first, he agreed. What happened afterwards was a mystery, but the bigger question was why in the world would Britain have anything personally against him, or the other Gundam pilots, or Zechs. Since he had drunk that potion, he was subjected to various other strange situations, like the split-second near-suffocation he had to deal with, passing dreams of his odd first mission, and strange, sometimes painful jolts to his eyes.

The woman also kept speaking Latin for some crazy reason. It's not like the language itself was peculiar, but he noticed her tendency to speak in only one or two word phrases. He had no idea what they meant, either.

Heero didn't find her as odd as the coat-wearing flying beings he saw at the shuttle port after arriving on Earth. They weren't actually doing anything so he only followed them, losing his squad, and settled in a bathroom. There, he had a case of fright. He's never been scared before, and then, even worse, anxiety brought him to his knees, worrying over his lost friends and failing mission. Suddenly, he saw a silver flying owl chase the creatures away. Blackness followed.

Because the woman obviously saved his life, he did not struggle when he woke blindfolded and tied loosely around his forearms and complied with her every direction, no matter how bizzare. He trusted that he would get to a reasonable explanation, or a close one.

Soon, they were traveling on steps, and the woman told him he was almost there. When they reached a broader landing, as expected, she stopped him and untied his ropes with a one word phrase of Latin. A shove brought him into a cooler room and the door locked behind him. Another push got him into a plush chair.

"Who's this?" said Duo's voice. "Is that you, Heero?"

"Hn."

"Damn, man. You got any idea what's going on? I've been blind for the past couple days."

"What were you the first four days?"

"Huh?" the other boy asked, sounding much younger. His voice hadn't broken when he was sixteen, but it surely didn't sound this juvenile.

"You were gone for six days." Though his hands were free, he couldn't decide whether or not to take off the blindfold.

"Just like the others, right? Try not to nod, guys. I can't hear that."

Quatre spoke first, voice high, "It's really odd. Did you see those... flying..."

"The D-birds, 'D' is for depression," Duo said smartly, rustling so that it sounded like he was crossing his legs. "Ya' know, I was excited for one moment, going on a mission and everything, then the D-birds started swooping all over me and I thought I was going die."

Whatever answer to that stopped short as a loud crack sound popped into their ears. Shuffling, rolling, and clinking noises arranged themselves in front of the five Gundam pilots. A nasal voice spoke to the British woman, saying: "Here's ye tea, madam! Enjoy!" Another crack made them wonder if someone was shooting something.

"You may take off your blindfolds now~" the woman said, a cheery little vocalization. "Please help yourself to the tea and biscuits."

Pulling his off first, Trowa said, not too surprised, "Supervisor?" Few other utterances added to his.

But the lady only laughed, sipping very delicately from her tea yet managed to spill a couple drops onto her small desk anyway. "No, I'm her twin sister Lillian." A wide smile and a little wiggle added to her exact likeness of Supervisor Lady Une.

"What? I didn't know she had a twin sister!" Duo exclaimed, leaning over slightly. "You look so strange, identical but completely different. If ol' Une smiled as much as you did, her face would break."

Lillian broke into a fit of giggles, then pouted, indignant. "I look strange? What about you boys?"

Her response led them to look at each other.

"What the... Heero, you look... Well, you look younger, man." His eyes, now a bright color of purple, fluttered. "Your eyes, the color, it's like spinning."

Pilot 01 merely stared at his friend, trailing his eyes down the long plait pooled around and under Duo's seat, and the boy looked back at the sudden recess of messy bangs since the last time he had seen him. In addition, while looking at the others as well, they were shorter, except Trowa, for some reason, and whose bang was but a little chip from the rest of his hair. Wufei hair had grown, as long as Duo used to have it.

"What the hell is going on?" The Chinese boy ran his fingers through his hair, as if imagining how soon he will be able to cut it. "What's wrong with us?"

"Oh! Please, have some tea! It's made from my special stock from India." She had a certain whine to her voice, a large lower lip protruding, so they complied. Across her desk was nothing except a long, finely whittled stick, which she rolled and stopped at moments. When they had decently diminished their snacks, she clapped, calling, "Winslow! Isn't that an adorable name for an elf?"

"A what?" Incredulously staring, Wufei jumped as the small elf snapped from thin air. His pale green skin was wrinkled along the forehead; he was small-footed with long fingers and huge, expressive eyes. He wore nothing but a dirty potato sack but he smiled and bowed nonetheless, taking their trays away.

"Wasn't he darling?" Quatre cried, and Lillian nodded happily.

"That was the most hideous thing I've ever seen," Wufei harshly replied, and the two shot him disapproving looks, but his young, smooth face didn't change. "Now, you have a hell of a lot of explaining to do."

"All right, all right! Okay, I was supposed to say something, not about you guys being wizards placed in magical bond..."

"What?"

"Well, that would be a good start!"

"Wait!" She held her head in her hands, groaning. "Oh, right! I'm so sorry for kidnapping you guys, even if I did save your souls and stuff, it was kinda' rude. But I was too scared to get on a shuttle to meet any of you so I had to wait at the port, and then the dementors were flying everywhere when they should only be at Azkaban, and you guys had all that Muggle equipment and couldn't do any magic or anything, and Voldemort was leading you guys into a trap by controlling your squads by magic as soon as they arrived and stuff...and...stuff..."

Quietness ensued.

Duo asked, "Did anybody catch that? I sure didn't." Then, under his breath, he muttered, "She ain't no Lady."

"Why are you explaining this to us? Isn't there someone better?" Heero commented.

"No, no, no, everyone else too busy. Okay... Tell me, what do you want to be answered first?"

"Who are you?" Trowa inquired, blinking repeatedly, as if the heavy protection of his bang had once aided his vision.

"I'm a teacher from Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry sent to escort Specials like you from the colony to come to our school. But seriously, it's really confusing when you are-"

"Wait, Miss Lillian!" Quatre interrupted, less she get off-track again. His feet didn't quite reach the thick red carpet. "Why are we special? What does that mean?"

"That means you are a human capable of magic who's ancestor, who was probably a Squib, a human descendant from a wizard that can do little to no magic, moved to the colonies way back when. You see, you guys remember when Winslow popped inside here?" They nodded, it happened only four times not too long ago. "Well, what he did was called Apparation, where you focus to move your body, by magic, from one spot to another specific spot. Thing is, it's really hard to Apparate in Space. There has never been a successful Apparation through space. Not from colony to colony or anything like that, and going through your Muggle inventions impedes on the International Statute of Secrecy held by all magical beings."

"What's a Muggle?" Duo asked, leaning far back and watching the Une doppeldganger with rapt attention.

"A Muggle is a human that cannot do magic. I would say regular, but everyone is so unique in their own different way." She smiled. "And the International Statute of Secrecy, in case you didn't know, is the policy to never reveal your magic in front of Muggles unless otherwise permitted."

"So we had our magic sealed so Muggles wouldn't be able to see...That doesn't explain why we are younger," Trowa pointed out.

"And why were we attacked by those flying things? And why are Heero's eyes so creepy? More than normal anyway."

Heero glared at the violet-eyed boy.

"Oh... Okay, okay, this is the big explanation. Um..." She sat up straight, and finally, she looked completely serious.

"Many years ago, about three or four centuries ago, there was a huge threat to the magical world and, thus, the world itself. Unlike me, and the majority of magical beings, some wizards and witches dislike Muggles to the extent that they want to rule and kill them. One such wizard was actually very close to doing that but, as fate would have it, another boy around the age you were defeated him. That boy-phenomenally, Harry Potter is still his name- has been reincarnated almost from the bottom up but is without the magic he used to hold- which is a miracle all in itself. He's still a wonderful spellcaster, but his slightly rearranged life kept him from meeting the wizard that is holding today's wizards and witches in fear.

Heero, do you remember being shot by a green light? Probably, in the eyes?"

He was unprepared for the question and hesitated, then nodded. "I had gone to Earth before Operation Meteor, just once, to visit some woman. She was killed by a green explosive, I believe."

"Explosive? Oh! You mean the spell... No, it wasn't an explosive. That was a dark magic spell, and that woman was your mother."

"What?" Heero's heart raced. What this woman was saying was completely, completely ridiculous, but she had to be saying the truth. What reason would there be to lie?

"That woman was your mother. She was a assassin much like you, except for the magical community. Back then, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, that Muggle-hater I talked about, was extremely powerful. Your mother thought it would be beneficial to do like what Harry Potter's mother did. It seems He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, even when you were only three years old, found you to be a hindrance to his plans and had come to kill you, just like the centuries ago he found Harry Potter a threat. In both instances, after that Dark Lord had killed your mothers, the attack on you boys rebounded back onto him, nearly killing him and causing him to go into hiding. Now, his lackeys seem to be up to something, because there is no way he's fully recuperated, and they are following his orders."

"His people made up the Supreme Alpha group to lead me out," Heero guessed. "He probably stole the Dementors from that Azkaban place, or got his people to do it, and had them control my squads. He was ready to kill me there."

Lillian broke her stern demeanor and clapped. "Oh my gosh, you're such an intelligent boy! Dementors can't really kill you, though, but they can steal your soul and make you like a walking shell. It's really awful."

"Woah, woah, woah!" Duo got up, eyes wide. "What the hell does any of us have to do with all of this? Were we just there at the wrong time?"

"Nope! He-Who-"

"Does he have to name? That's really annoying..."

She cocked her head to the side, biting her lower lip. "He does. But the things he has done are really horrible...And I'm scared to say it. Anyways, there's a jinx on his name, I heard, that will bring Dementors right in front of you.

"So... That... guy wants anyone to do with Heero to die, because, apparently, they are all magical beings. That includes Relena, my sister, and a bunch of others, not including the regular hassles of wizard and witch colonists that come back to Earth."

"Kushrenada?" Wufei said. "Is he alive?"

"Yep! Matter-of-fact, he didn't go to that last battle. Poor boy was so ready to die for our planet... But we sent in a look-alike and that's that! You see, before, Treize was walking in his yard before the big battle, and I nabbed him. If I hadn't, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named would have killed him."

"What! So who did I kill?"

"Oh, you killed a lieutenant of his... But it was like a magicless clone of him. The guy that volunteered wanted it very badly. He lost all memories of himself and made do with Treize's. Don't worry! You can fight him again! Not in mobile suits... but with wands!"

"Great."

"Why are we younger?" Trowa asked again, very patiently.

"I didn't answer that? Well, there's too much going on where we were. So we're about three years back. I also gave you all some potion to make yourselves about three years younger. Now that your average age look is about... thirteen... You can join in with the third years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

"Do one of you want not to go through with this? I mean, you don't have to do it. But, we're going to have to return you to your own time, swipe your memories, and you would have to be at the mercy of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. These are all safety precautions, you understand."

"Which means we have no choice going through this," Wufei muttered, fingering his hair irritably.

"Don't worry," she coaxed, "It's not like you're going alone. You five will be together and your little girlfriends- Oh, not girlfriend girlfriend," Lillian corrected at the slightly alarmed looks, "And then there will be Une because she wouldn't let Treize go by himself... There's going to be a lot of you."

"How old are they?" Duo asked curiously, comfortably nibbling the end of his braid.

"I made them the same age as you all."

"Wait a minute, we're all thirteen... ish? Ha! Now they can't call us 'boys' anymore. This is going to be interesting. We will learn to fly on brooms?"

"Of course!" Lillian, excited that they were getting into as much spirit as she had, smiled brightly and stood up, gesturing they follow her out the door. "We even have a sport with brooms, called Quidditch. One of you might just be on your House's Quidditch team!"

They carried on down the stone steps. The walls were stone as well, cracks and leaks blowing cool drafts around their clothes. Each corridor was a different color and they turned onto a red one, opened the third door on the right and walked straight out into a dark alley which end was moss-covered brick. There lead to a busy London street, the gargantuan screens connected to various satellites across the world and space.

"What do you mean by House?" Quatre asked, smiling at a woman who waved at him.

"Hogwarts has four Houses. There's Slytherin , whose House and team is represented usually by a snake, and the kids in there are usually Muggle-haters, selfish, arrogant, pompous fools."

"Sounds like you have a personal grudge..." Trowa said softly.

Lillian giggled. "True, I had a few enemies in the House. But you can guarantee that they have a really horrible quality to them. With He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named roaming around, we have a few of those kids that want terribly to be Death Eaters, his number one toadies. Matter-of-fact, I want to inform you boys about Draco Malfoy. In his past noted reincarnation, he was a formidable adversary to Harry Potter, and he became a Death Eater in just his sixth year of Hogwarts and managed to get Death Eaters into Hogwarts." She sighed, scowling. "We're keeping a careful eye on the boy now, but just in case.

"Anyway! The opposite House for those selfish Slytherins is Gryffindor, represented by a golden lion. They are usually courageous and pretty good friends, but a bit too trusting as well, but not gullible enough to fall for any Slytherins. They hate each other. There's my House, Hufflepuff, badgers, who are as much as do-gooders as the Gryffindor students, but they are much better at it and most of the time really cautious. The last House is Ravenclaw, eagles, a bunch of interesting witty and philosophical students. There are more characteristics and a vast display of students from each House, but that's all that in a nutshell."

The small group stood before a huge brick wall, which opened quickly when Lillian waved her wand. Beyond were numerous wizards and witches wearing long robes, hats, and carrying wands, a street busy and full of shops, life, and students. The Gundam Pilots felt left out in their jeans and T-shirts.

"First we are going into the bank where I have put your fitted robes. I bet you guys feel awful uncomfortable in those clothes, hm?" She strode forward to where two small grayish-green creatures stood guard in front of a large building whose sign read Gringotts. "These little guys are goblins."

"Go in, go in," the goblin on the left waved them on, then spoke in a rough language to his friend.

"They're speaking Gobbledegook."

Duo laughed excitedly. "This is so awesome! Goblins and elves and witches! Damn, imagine Halloween."

"Don't get me started! That's the best time of the year. The kids just go wild, it's so great!" Lillian, coming to a another goblin, raised her hands to them. "These are the boys, Bagclaw. I would like to go to Maxwell's vault, since it is closest, then go and visit the others. Come boys, to the tracks. Bagclaw is bringing the cart."

"Wait, we're riding a cart?" Duo looked fearfully down the tunnel, the one of too many, frowning deeply when the cart rolled down. "Man, just because ya'll have magic doesn't mean do everything by ancient standards. I... I really don't want to get on," he said finally, as the others filed on; unfortunately, there was just enough space for him to get on.

"It's safe, Duo!" Quatre cried, eyeing the dripstones of the cavelike structure with wonder.

"Could you really live with yourself if we die on this and you didn't because you were too much of a coward to get on?" taunted Wufei, now at ease with his hair after stealing the hairtie at the end of Duo's braid. He hadn't noticed yet.

"You guys may not know," the violet-eyed boy said shakily, "but I had this thing about riding on vehicles without a cover. It comes back at times like these." He squealed when the cart began moving.

"We noticed that when you refused to drive the convertible that was missing it's tarp."

"THAT thing's brake's weren't working! I wouldn't have drove it no ways!"

" 'I wouldn't have driven it anyways.' " Quatre corrected absentmindedly.

"Before I forget..." Lillian spoke sheepishly, realizing that she has just remembered it anyway, "You'll probably get back to your thirteen-year-old mannerisms and idiosyncrasies. If you were afraid of heights at the age of thirteen... You'll probably be scared now."

The cart gained speed while Duo had his hands on the rail of the cart. A sharp turn left him covering his mouth, eyes shut tightly, before finally, they stopped in front of his vault. Bagclaw pressed his hand to the door and it fell away immediately. Duo's violet glaring eyes, which stared at the cart, went round at his vault, filled with many treasures, mostly gold and many swords.

"Holy crap! Am I rich?" He rushed over and picked up a few of the larger coins.

"The Maxwells are a highly renowned family of the wizarding community. They kind of broke apart though, because your great-great-great grandfather was a Squib who decided to go to the colonies rather than stay with his wife, who was a witch in France," Lillian informed, brimming with facts.

"I came to Earth a lot of times! Why couldn't ya'll get me then? What kind of money is this?!" he suddenly cried, actually seeing the money he had in his hands.

"Right now, that big gold coin there is a equivalent to twenty dollars or Euros or credits, whatever; the smaller gold, a Galleon, is about a ten dollars; that big silver one, a Sickle is about fifty cents, the smaller silver one is about a quarter, and the small tan one, a Knut, is about a cent or so. You'll get the hang of it sooner or later." She changed the subject, "Here's your robes here on the shelves."

When they were putting on their robes and covering their old outlandish clothes, she explained Duo's other question, "We have this thing about interfering with Muggle wars, and since you boys were a huge part of the war, well, are a huge part of the war, we couldn't take you from the Muggle world." She took out several bags, held full of Galleons and the other coins, and gave them to the pilots. "My sister and I were separated at birth because my hair kept changing colors, so I couldn't stay in the Muggle house. I'm Muggle-born, which means my previous ancestry is devoid of magical people. I was close to being thrown away until the former Headmaster Doradius found me. Such a good scrap of luck, I say." Livid eyes closed suddenly, remembering the disappearance of her dear mentor Doradius.

"We should get back on the cart."

Quatre asked softly, sensing her sudden discomfort, "What do you mean we are a huge part of the war? Haven't we gone back in time?"

"Yes, we have taken your bodies from that time three years of that future. The bodies you had had this year are still where they were before, understand?"

"Nope," Duo confessed, hesistating before the hateful cart.

"Go to the nearest one Bagclaw," Lillian stated, then explained, "Well, imagine your life is a movie reel. We copy one segment to change and set it over the already made segment. That's how it is."

"So there's two Chang Wufei's running around? What a nightmare!" Duo exclaimed, getting back at the other boy's earlier twitting. Wufei grunted, doing so again as the cart lurched, rode speedily for awhile, then stopped.

"Ah, Barton's." Inside were ancient texts, derelict in appearance or covered with great shining words. Many odd statues and toys littered the place, several chests along the wall possibly held their money. "Your parents, after moving from the Wizarding world, were great travelers, collecting all sorts of nifty little things. They decided to join the circus because of the large magical population on colony 03. There's still no school there though, nor any other colony. The Ministry of Magic, kind of our parliament, doesn't trust giant machines floating in space."

They came to Wufei's vault next, where priceless weapons of various cultures nearly prohibited the group from entering.

"The Red Dragon Clan are notorious in China, not England, so I don't know much about them. But they are known for their serious look of justice, especially to Muggles. Your father made a romantic quote that used to be in the textbooks we used when Doradius was there: If the survival of the fittest is what is best, shall I leave my wife to die? There's a couple other words that were inappropriate for books. He was roused by some Pureblood, those who have no Muggles married into their family or a part of their family, who obviously thought his family was as great as Merlin himself."

Sparse Japanese artifacts crowded one corner, jewels another, and the Yuy family mother scattered the floor of Heero's vault. The shelves were covered with hundreds of framed pictures that could not be shoved into any house, two large ones at the back of the cave displayed Heero's mother and father. Candles were lit everywhere, giving the cave an appearance of real light.

"The pictures are moving!" Quatre cried, and they watched a small Heero smile and wave at them.

"Heero?"

"Yes, Miss Lillian?" Heero answered, watching, with apparent fascination, the pictures of the people he would have called parents roam out of one picture to the next closest to following him as he walked deeper into the cave.

"No, me, me!" Snapping his head up towards the wall, Heero saw that his mother was talking to him from the frame. She beamed down at him, hair short, yet straight. His father, sleeping on one hand, was poked awake by her energetic fingers. Awoke, stretching, he saw his son looking up from him and greeting him in Japanese.

"Hi, darling. Sorry, your father can't speak English, just Japanese. I see that my efforts worked, and you're still alive! I'm so happy."

The boy merely stared.

"Your eyes are done in though... Eyes as brazen as that Potter boy's scar. He got hit on the forehead and got a lightning shaped brand, practically."

"Hi... mom..."

" 'Ello. What are you doing, son?"

"Just looking around... I'm going to Hogwarts."

"I hope you're in either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. I always liked those two. I would say for us two to be taken with you, but a Permanent Sticking Charm has us stuck here forever. It's not bad though," she assured in her sweet voice at Heero's subtle disappointed look, "There are a lot of pictures along these walls. Winner's parents are a riot! We like to speak in French together just to make Suzaku jealous."

Suzaku glared, much like his son, wondering why his name was said and instantly suspicious. "Mimi..." he growled.

A pleasant silence fell down, where the mother-father-son trio stared at one another.

Mimi finally sighed. "You're probably ready to go, but I just wanted to tell you... The reason I left you on the colony is because I couldn't find you. J stole you."

Suzaku, now glaring mightily, grumbled something about J which wasn't something Heero wouldn't thought to be said in front of his mother. However, Heero wasn't surprised nor angry. The man was dead, now. Not now now, but the understood now.

"Have fun at school then!" his mother cried, eyes watery but smiling.

"Bye, mom, dad," Heero said awkwardly, then repeated in formal Japanese for his father to understand, and he said farewell in their native language.

The pilot turned around to see that everyone was out of the vault, having given him some private time for a personal talk. He walked onto the cart quietly, a soft look in his eyes.

Unfathomable riches crowded the much larger vault of Quatre's family, after several minutes digging deeper into the caverns. Most of the treasures were clothing items of Muggle and magical descent, and there were skins of animals- wings, scales, fur. They had to climb a small hill of chests to get to the talking picture's Mimi had mentioned.

"Quatre?" a weak voice sounded. "Oh my, it is my little Quatre..." she coughed delicately, her sickness protruding even in her picture. "Father, it's Quatre."

But Mr. Winner's picture was dark.

"It seems he isn't here," she said sadly, "but... I'll tell him all about you when he comes back. He hopes that his death didn't cause you to be any different than the sweet, little boy you were when he was alive."

Unabashed by the motherly adjectives, Quatre paled at her last statement but didn't have the heart to tell her he nearly destroyed a colony. "What House were you in at Hogwarts, mother?"

"Oh, you're shopping? I didn't go to Hogwarts. I went to a French Wizarding school. But if I would be realistic, I would probably have landed in Hufflepuff. You're so small... Have you been eating alright?"

"Yes, mother," Quatre answered, now blushing.

Another small sound came about as she coughed. "Well, I can tell time is going out with Diagon Alley. You should get on with buying your books and whatnot. Don't be scared with their size; you'll probably only do half the book."

"Alright, farewell, mother."

She sighed tiredly. "Bye." In seconds, soft breathing came from the picture. His mother was asleep.

"Do you think she will wake up if I poke her picture?" Duo joked, going up the chests, looked around, and decided to slide down the hill of coins next to it. The tinkling noises continued a few minutes after he got up. "No matter what you guys say, that was fun!"

"Childish," Wufei said.

"I don't know about ya'll, but I'm so going to try and have some fun."

"We're on a mission, Duo. You shouldn't make yourself stand out too much," Heero said in support with Wufei. "What's Diagon Alley?" He walked onto the cart and the rode, much more quickly than the ride to the vaults, back to the main lobby.

"That's a really popular street for Wizards here, and holds the property of this bank. And for your information, Heero, everyone and their mom knows about you. Just you going down Diagon is going to start an uproar. And then you're in the same year as the notorious Harry Potter! Two Boys-Who-Lived!" Lillian cried.

They walked out the Gringotts bank and saw the sun not too low in the sky but noticeably father down than before. "Now we can get your wands-"

"Wands! You mean that stick you're carrying?" Quatre gasped excitedly, walking quickly. Down the street here, were many students around their ages, either holding bags of books, armful of a pet, or holding new and shining brooms. People Apparated here and to other places.

"Yes, and you can get a pet, like a toad or lizard, or cat, or owl, which is what most students get. Then you can get your books,"-Duo grunted-"and brooms, but we have to wait right here."

"I can see the pet shop- Owl Emporium and Magical Menagarie ," Trowa said from his spot on the curb. A small girl came from the shop with a huge brown owl in a cage. "I wonder what kind of cats do they have. Does that sign says what I think it says?"

"Miniature lions," Duo whispered. "Who in the world would buy a miniature lion for a pet!"

"I would," the green-eyed wizard answered. "They have other minature beasts, too."

An Apparated group of people suddenly appeared on the block, then another. First, the pilots stared at the people that escorted them: two large men, one with a gruff beard and mustache, the other whose face was smooth.

"They're half-Giant guys. Twins, of course. Mark the Hairy, and Devin the Smooth."

But then they recognized each other.

Relena small eyes went wide. "Heero, brother, everyone!"

Lillian clapped. "Now we can start shopping!"