Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Dancing in the Wind ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Dancing In the Wind
 
Sarah was awake before the lights automatically turned on and even the morning bird patients began to scream. She sat on her bed listening to the rain pour down on the roof. She had woken up to the thunder reminding her that there was an outside world besides the circus.
 
She sighed. The circus.
 
Sarah had petted a lion with her good hand and nothing happened. The lion didn't attack or bite her. Trowa then grabbed her hand after closing the gate and pulled her to see the other animals. He whispered in her ear pointing to the animals that hadn't died yet since he left. Old performers greeted Trowa and Sarah even though they were dressed in patient outfits. Apparently everyone knew.
 
The lights automatically turned on and she heard the first patient scream about the lights. Everyday he screamed wanting the lights to be turned off and everyday he fought with the nurses and orderlies who tried to control him. If the lights didn't wake you up, this patient did.
 
Sarah had been staring at the white wall. Her hand wasn't in horrible pain yet, her stomach wasn't graving the so-called-food, and Trowa or Al hadn't come by yet. She then looked up at a vent thinking about the best way to get out of here.
 
She moved her brown hair out from her eyes and her hand burned with pain. She wished it hurt for smacking Wufei, but instead she had tripped over a dog and Heero had caught her. Trowa, at the time, had been saying goodbye to Cathy. Heero, even with his gentle touch, couldn't stop her hand from hitting the ground. Within seconds she was standing back on her feet with the dog staring up at her.
 
Sarah stood and walked to the medicine desk. The nurse handed her one Vicodin pill and checked once again to make sure Sarah had swallowed it. The pain in her hand was now dull as she walked to the front desk. The nurse ignored her for a few moments behind the glass.
 
Sarah knocked on the window. “Hey did something come for Sarah James?”
 
The nurse glanced up and said, “Excuse me?”
 
“Did something come for Sarah James? A package or something?”
 
The nurse, rolling her eyes, checked the mail. Sarah looked out the front doors seeing rain hit the sidewalk. Once again the sidewalks were filled with raincoats and umbrellas. The nurse then looked at Sarah.
 
“Nope. Nothing for you today. Come back later.”
 
She frowned. “Like tonight or tomorrow?”
 
“Listen, hunny, when something comes for you, you'll be the first to know. We'll call your name. Now run off to breakfast!” She smirked.
 
Sarah glared at her and went to Al and Trowa's room. She knew one of them had to be up. She peeked in seeing Trowa still asleep and Al sitting on his bed scribbling with a marker. Sarah softly knocked and Al looked up.
 
“Hey,” muttered Al and continued to scribble. “We're going to breakfast at a later time. We're trying to avoid Lilly.”
 
Al seemed so distance this morning.
 
“What's with Trowa?”
 
Al shrugged. “Last night he couldn't sleep, I guess. Then I woke up because he was whispering in his sleep!” Al meet eyes with Sarah. “He can talk, Sarah. That bastard can talk!”
 
Al nearly broke the marker. Sarah raised an eyebrow. “Trowa can't talk, Al. I've never even heard him groan before.”
 
“Well he can!” He paused and blinked a few times. “You can wake him up. He never sleeps in.”
 
“Okay.”
 
Al then crawled underneath his bed and Sarah heard markers scatter. Sarah, rolled her eyes, and went over to Trowa. He slept peacefully with his green eyes shut. She softly smiled down at him. Trowa looked so peaceful and happy as he slept away in this mad house.
 
Sarah brushed her fingers across his face. His face twitched. “Hey Tro time for breakfast.”
 
He opened his green eyes and looked up seeing Sarah leaning over him. She smiled down at him.
 
“C'mon Trowa we're going to miss breakfast! It's the most important meal of the day ya know?”
 
Trowa sat up to see Al scribbling on his notebook. He kicked the covers off, jumped out of bed and stretched. He then looked at Al.
 
“You can wait!” snapped Al. “I didn't sleep in!”
 
Sarah rolled her eyes. “It doesn't matter. Let's get this stupid thing over with.”
 
Sarah, frowning along with the rest of the table, sat down. Lilly had decided to sleep in and waited for the others to join her. Bart nearly hissed at her again, but kept his mouth shut as an orderly walked pass.
 
“Why the hell do you still think you can sit here?” demanded Bart after the orderly passed.
 
“Because I can sit wherever I want since I'm eating everything and gaining weight. Plus we're therapy buddies!” she answered with a smile.
 
“You're not my damn therapy buddy,” snorted Al poking at his food.
 
Margo then slammed her tray down on the table. Everyone went quiet as Margo glared at Sarah.
 
“Why in the hell are you sitting here?” demanded Harry. “This isn't your table of friends! It's mine! Go back to the rock where you came from!”
 
Sarah, uncaring, looked up at Harry. “I'm friends with Trowa. Take it up with him.”
 
Harry now glared at Trowa who received a glare as well. “What makes you think she can sit with us?”
 
Trowa simply looked at Harry frowning. Apparently Harry wasn't going to leave either. No one said anything as Lilly said, “Harry you're actually Margo.”
 
Harry, luckily, ignored Lilly as he and Trowa exchanged death stares. Bart then grabbed Lilly's tray and swung it across the cafeteria. Everyone went silent and Trowa and Harry now looked at them.
 
“What makes you think you can do that?” demanded Bart.
 
“I can do whatever I want,” answered Lilly.
 
“But you can't! You can't say things like that to him!”
 
Lilly then smacked Bart across the face. If it hadn't been for Harriet pulling Lilly back and Al and Trowa tackling Bart, the orderlies would've thrown everyone in the Quiet Room. Sarah stayed seated watching Harriet pull Lilly's tiny body backwards. They fell onto the floor just as Bart's legs flew up into the air. Trowa and Al held him down.
 
Sarah then looked at Harry who was staring down at them. He then looked up at her blinking.
 
“What just happened? I think I just dose off for a few minutes,” squeaked Margo.
 
“Lilly and Bart were just fighting,” answered Sarah.
 
Therapy was just as bad as breakfast. Lilly and Bart had sat far away from each other, but that didn't stop the yelling. Dr. Crabbert finally stood up and made a call down the nurse's station to send down some orderlies.
 
“Great you dumb bitch!” snapped Bart. “Now we're gonna go to the padded room!”
 
“Well it was your fault!” hissed Lilly.
 
Dr. Crabbert was now plugging his ear as he spoke with the nurse's station.
 
“You know the rules! You can't say anything like that to her!”
 
“I agree,” stated Elijah. “What if she did hear you?”
 
Lilly then glared at Elijah. “Go back to Oxford where you belong!”
 
Sarah then gazed about the room. Lilly and Bart stood facing each other, yelling like usual. Elijah sat next to Trowa with no emotion at all. Harriet and Margo stayed quiet along with Janet. Barb sat spread legged in a chair and stared up at the ceiling.
 
Elijah narrowed his eyes. “Go back to a fat farm!” he hissed.
 
Lilly then fell down with an already forming bruise on her face. Sarah now shook her hand feeling scorching pain. Lilly had charged after Elijah and had been stopped. Bart laughed, Janet had let the blanket fall down around her appearing out of no where, Margo and Harriet covered their mouths, Elijah simply stared at Lilly who was now rubbing her cheek, Trowa was smiling, and Dr. Crabbert with an open mouth stared at them.
 
“Man I've been waiting to hit someone with this,” muttered Sarah.
 
Lilly then glared at Crabbert. “Did you see that?” she exclaimed.
 
“I want everyone to sit down and NOT MOVE!” he screamed.
 
Lilly pulled herself up into her chair and faced Bart who smiled widely. Sarah sat down with her stiff hand. Soon eight orderlies came in, grabbed someone, and pulled them down to their rooms. Sarah instead went down to the medical center where they re-did her cast. She was then thrown into her room.
 
Sarah once again stared at the white wall and listened to the rain on the roof. She guessed it would rain all day at this rate. She then heard blasts of thunder outside.
 
I need to leave this place, she thought. This is about the worst mission I could have ever taken. What's the point when Zeon meets with the whole Gundam boys?
 
 
Sarah's eyes shot open at the sound of screams. She didn't realize that she'd fallen asleep. It was completely dark in the room. She looked into the hallway seeing nurses and orderlies running around with flashlights. She saw patients running everywhere in their white clothes.
 
A bright light flashed into her eyes. “Stay in there!” demanded an orderly then he was off trying to grab a patient running around in circles.
 
She blinked a few times. The power was out. She grinned and took off her cast. She barely moved her hand feeling prickles of pain.
 
First stop, the medicine desk.
 
Sarah opened the door, looked both ways, and darted to the medicine desk. The clinic was so black without overhead lights. The nurses and orderlies flashlights gave away their position. Sarah looked through the desk's window seeing that they had left everything. She opened the side door, walked directly to the cabinet labeled PAIN KILLERS, opened it and found two full bottles of Vicodin. She took one pill and grabbed the fullest bottle. She snuck back to her room and shoved the bottle between the mattresses.
 
Second stop, his room.
 
Sarah then walked down the hallway hiding in unlocked rooms when an orderly or nurse came by. She finally made it to Trowa's room where Trowa sat on his bed and Al, holding a flashlight, colored a picture from a coloring book. Trowa was simply staring at the wall when Sarah ever so slightly cracked the door open. He glanced over and smiled.
 
She waved at him. Trowa then stood up and walked towards the door.
 
“Don't get caught,” muttered Al changing crayon colors.
 
Trowa then slipped out of his room and raised an eyebrow at Sarah. She smiled, grabbed his hand, and they ran to the common room. Once they stopped at an intersection and hid as two orderlies went by.
 
“Where are we going?” he whispered.
 
“Out,” whispered Sarah. “Okay lets go!”
 
Sarah pulled him down the hallway and into the common room. She went directly to the window, the only window without bars, and opened it. She smelled the fresh rain and felt it on her hands.
 
“C'mon.”
 
“It's raining outside,” he whispered. “And it's a blackout. No one will notice.”
 
“What happens if the lights are back on while we're out?”
 
Sarah shrugged. “I guess we don't come back then. Plus the way it looks like everything is out. Big, bad storm.”
 
Sarah grabbed his hand and gently pulled him towards the window. She swung her leg out and went through the window. She now stood in the pouring rain feeling the cold water on her face. She smiled and looked up at the black sky.
 
“Why are we out here?” asked Trowa gazing around. He was still whispering.
 
She glanced back at his soaked appearance. His hair was now flatten out and she could see both green eyes looking at her. She smiled at him.
 
“Feeling that wind yesterday was the best thing in my life!” answered Sarah. “I haven't felt rain in a long time. Doesn't this feel great?”
 
He shrugged. “It's just water,” he whispered.
 
Sarah now turned and faced him. “Trowa speak. You can finally speak without anyone listening.”
 
“I am speaking,” he whispered.
 
The thunder clapped overhead followed by lighting. The rain continued to pour.
 
“I mean normally. You don't have to whisper anymore.”
 
He shrugged. “I don't mind.”
 
Sarah then touched his face. “Just once. Use your loud voice.”
 
“You are about the strangest person I know,” said Trowa.
 
Sarah smiled. “Thanks.”
 
“First you punch Lilly and now this,” said Trowa moving her wet hair out of her face. “Anything else you'll be planning?”
 
Sarah's smile slightly faded. She had forgotten what the first part of the mission was: To find the others, kill them and hide their Gundams. Trowa then touched her face.
 
“What's wrong? In the rain you look like you're crying.”
 
Sarah smirked. “I never cry.”
 
Trowa then kissed Sarah and she responded by wrapping her arms around him. She smiled remembering what Crystal had said about her mysterious lover, “We were kissin' in the rain!”
 
Trowa then brushed her face. “What's so funny?”
 
“We're kissing in the rain,” she answered.
 
“More like dancing in the wind,” he said.
 
It wasn't long before Sarah and Trowa sloshed their way back inside and into the black hallways. The nurses and orderlies were nowhere in sight as Sarah and Trowa walked. They saw a dim flashlight coming and jumped into the nearest room and closed the door. Trowa then turned on the flashlight that had been left in the common room. It had mattresses piled high along with sheets, pillows and blankets.
 
“What is this?” muttered Sarah.
 
Trowa walked over to the sheets, grabbed it and wrapped it around Sarah. “I'm guessing where they keep the bedding and stuff,” he said quietly. It wasn't a whisper yet.
 
Sarah flipped her wet hair back. “I didn't know they kept this unlocked.”
 
Trowa shrugged. “A nurse must've been changing the sheets when the power went out.”
 
“When do you think the power will be back on?”
 
He shrugged again. “Who knows? They usually have the power up and running within five minutes.”
 
Sarah then wrapped her arms around Trowa. “Aren't you cold too?”
 
“No, I'm fine. Are you cold?”
 
She smiled up at him. “Never.”
 
Sarah then kissed him again this time throwing away her mission and her name. Crystal was happy with Duo and said that no matter what she'd never leave him. Sarah pulled Trowa's wet shirt off and tossed it over to the side. She also said, “Sarah, even though we kill people and blow up buildings does not mean we can't be happy. Those people that we kill are horrible men and women who need to be gone. I hate to tell you this, but that boy brought you love and when you ignore it it might stay. Love doesn't always do that and when love finds you don't throw it away. Keep it.”
 
They fell onto one of the mattress and Sarah kissed his lips one more time. “I'm keeping you.”
 
Trowa raised an eyebrow at this. “I'm keeping you, too.”
 
“Good,” she said with a huge smile and kissed him again.
 
 
 
Hey everyone sorry for the long wait. Ok amigos please comment!!! Even if you say you hate it just say it. Ok, I'm joking about that part, but seriously please tell me what you like or don't like.