Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ When the Circus Came ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

When the Cirrus Came
 
The lights flipped on and Sarah pulled the covers over her head. She groaned once she flexed her hand again feeling the horrible pain. The Vicodin had worn off during the night. She sat up and yawned hearing the loud morning bird patients.
 
She had been moved to a single room with the good grace from Victor. It was a lot smaller and barely had any room to sit on the floor like the doubles. She was just glad that her bed could actually fit in the room.
 
After Sarah changed she went up to the medicine desk to get her daily amount of Vicodin. It was a pain in the ass for her. The nurse made sure she swallowed it and that it wasn't underneath her tongue. When she turned around Trowa and a newly awaken Al stood behind her.
 
“Damn Sarah. You sure take a long time to get one pill!” muttered Al. “C'mon. We'll miss breakfast slowpokes!”
 
Al, slowly, moved towards the cafeteria. He yawned as he bounced off the wall trying to stay awake. Sarah raised an eyebrow and looked at Trowa. He shrugged and they followed him.
 
Breakfast was normal until everyone sat down. One extra person had decided to join that made Bart frown and hiss like a cat. Sarah stared at the anorexic body sitting across from her.
 
Lilly.
 
“What brings you here?” hissed Bart slamming his tray on the table.
 
She smiled up at him. “Hi Bart. It's nice to see you too.”
 
Al flopped down into his chair. “Lilly go away. No one wants you here.”
 
Lilly shot Al a dirty look. “I'll sit where I please!”
 
Bart, angrily, sat down. “I'll give ya a fucking seat,” he muttered.
 
Margo then sat down on the other side of Harriet who said nothing of Lilly sitting with them. Her bruises were finally going down and had believed of falling down the staircase story. She smiled happily at Sarah.
 
“Sorry that you were bumped down to those small single rooms,” said Margo completely ignoring Lilly.
 
“It's fine,” said Sarah staring at Lilly.
 
Lilly then glanced over at Trowa with a huge smile. “So Trowa I missed you yesterday in therapy. Where were you?”
 
“None of your damn business apparently!” snapped Bart.
 
“Go to hell BART!” she screamed.
 
Everyone in the cafeteria glanced back at Lilly and Bart fighting again. The orderlies walking around looked over at Lilly, but did nothing about it.
 
“GET THE FUCK BACK TO YOUR OTHER FAT FRIENDS!!!!” he screamed back.
 
Sarah rolled her eyes. “Damn. Fight in therapy.”
 
 
“What was that?” hissed Lilly. “What were you saying little girl?”
 
Sarah narrowed her eyes. She raised her hand, but Trowa quickly grabbed it. He slightly shook his head and glared at Lilly.
 
“If you're going to say something just say it!” said Lilly, smirking.
 
“Wow Trowa your friends make fun of you for being mute!” laughed someone from behind.
 
Sarah and Trowa looked back to see Duo standing behind them. Trowa's mouth dropped; Sarah glanced around for Crystal. Everyone at the table simply looked at Duo.
 
“And who the hell are you?” demanded Lilly.
 
“Surprise Trowa!” said Duo happily ignoring Lilly. She frowned while Bart smirked. “See isn't this great? I paid off a few people so we could be with you!”
 
Trowa then mouthed, WHAT?
 
Duo rolled his eyes. “I knew I should've brought Heero here! He knows this Silent Language better than anyone!” He laughed. He then smiled at Sarah. “Hey Sarah. I see you've lasted!”
 
Sarah couldn't believe this, but weakly smiled. “Yeah.”
 
Duo then saw her hand. “Dude what happened to your hand? Did you smack that girl's bones or something?”
 
“EXCUSE ME?????????”
 
Sarah giggled. “Actually a crazy smashed my knuckles with a flashlight. So what brings you here?”
 
“To spend time with Tro!” He paused. “And you, but mostly Tro. You know how it is.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Hi I'm Margo!” she said smiling.
 
“I'm Harriet.”
 
“Bart.”
 
“Al,” he muttered trying not to fall asleep.
 
When Lilly didn't answer Duo asked, “So are you Bones?”
 
Lilly frowned and gripped her fork. Everyone else laughed at Duo's comment.
 
“DUO!!!!!!”
 
Trowa held his breath and looked back at the newly arrived friends. Quatre and Wufei then came in and Quatre quickly waved at Trowa. Sarah saw Lilly's face fall at the sight of Quatre. Wufei, looking like a patient himself, simply nodded at Trowa. Quatre was his happy, go-lucky self again. Wufei was himself as he gazed over the patients.
 
Quatre reached the table and smiled at everyone. “Oh, hi Sarah. Have you been beating Trowa in games?”
 
 
Duo rolled his eyes at the joke while Quatre softly giggled. Wufei remained indifferent as he stood next to Quatre. Trowa felt like killing himself. Luckily Heero isn't here, he thought.
 
Sarah smirked. “Actually I had a fight with a flashlight.” Apparently Quatre had forgotten or ignored her injures from yesterday. “How have you been?”
 
“Great. Are you going to spend the day with us?”
 
Trowa raised an eyebrow. He snapped his fingers at Quatre.
 
“Oh, Duo didn't tell you?”
 
“Duh Quatre! Tro's completely confused!” Duo saw Wufei staring at Lilly. “Wufei that's Bones. Go ask her out.”
 
Wufei looked at Lilly with disgust. “Letting your appearance take over is weakness. I refuse to date anyone with such weakness.” His voice was monotone as he stared at Lilly. She frowned.
 
Sarah glanced over at Trowa who looked pissed. “So what brings you here?” she asked.
 
“We paid off a few people so we could hang out with Trowa. You're more than welcome to come,” invited Quatre.
 
“Sure.” She looked over at Wufei who was now staring at Al who was asleep in his chair.
 
“Oh, yes, where are my manners!” said Quatre touching the side of his face.
 
Duo grabbed Al's roll and took a bite out of it. He spat it out. “Damn Tro you eat this shit?”
 
“And Duo's, of course. Sarah I'd like you to meet Wufei. Wufei this is Trowa's friend Sarah.”
 
Wufei scanned her over. “Weak,” he muttered. “Whoever gets beaten by a flashlight deserves a beating.”
 
Sarah set her jaw and glared at Wufei. “Being afraid of a superior face is weak. Getting hit with a flashlight hurts. Maybe your face would like a try?” she retorted.
 
Trowa pulled her back from Wufei as he looked over her again. Sarah narrowed her eyes at him.
 
“Be nice you asshole,” said Duo after he looked at what was being served. “If she can beat Trowa at games wonder what else she can do?”
 
“Especially with a cast,” she hissed.
 
Quatre rolled his eyes. “Guys! No fights please! C'mon lets go to the common room and catch up on things. The four of us haven't spoken with each other in a long time!”
 
“You mean in a month,” muttered Duo. “Let's go! C'mon Tro! Sarah!”
 
Quatre pulled Trowa along while Duo grabbed Sarah's arm. Wufei followed watching everyone who turned to see what was going on. They ended up in the common room with a fresh notebook, pen, and more of Trowa's friends.
 
Sarah's mouth slightly opened at the sight of Releena Peacecraft sitting on a couch waiting for them. Next to Releena was a tall girl with short brown hair. She was dressed in a circus looking outfit. She smiled at Trowa and overlooked Sarah at first. On the other side of Releena was a girl with very long blond hair. Her eyebrows were creepy-looking to Sarah.
 
“Hey Trowa!” said the circus girl standing up. She hugged Trowa tightly. “How have you been?”
 
He shrugged as Releena handed him the new notebook and blue pen. He nodded at her.
 
“Your very welcome Trowa,” said Releena. She looked at Sarah seeing how she wasn't leaving. “Who's your friend?”
 
“This great girl is Sarah James,” said Duo resting his hands on her shoulders. “Trowa's girlfriend, eh?” He elbowed Trowa laughing while Trowa shot him a dirty look.
 
Quatre slightly frowned at this.
 
Go to hell, was written in big blue letters at Duo.
 
“Hi, Sarah. Releena Peacecraft.” They shook hands. “What happened to your hand?”
 
“Flashlight,” answered Sarah. “My roommate went crazy.”
 
Releena's eyes slightly widened and looked between Trowa and Sarah. “I'm sorry then.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
 
The circus girl then grabbed Sarah's good hand. “Hi. I'm Catherine, but call me Cathy. Trowa and I used to work in the circus together. Don't worry I don't always dress this way.”
 
Cathy giggled and Sarah forced a fake laugh. “Nice to meet you.” She then looked at the girl with long blond hair.
 
Quatre introduced her. “Sarah this is Dorthy.”
 
Dorthy proudly stood and didn't hold her hand out for Sarah. “Pleasure. I bet you know of royalty profession, so I wont be shaking hands with you like Miss Releena. Crazy people do not get along with me.”
 
Bitch was the first word that came to Sarah's mind. She forced a smile and responded, “I do know of royal profession and let me tell you, they don't have the charm-less-ness that you have. But like always it's a pleasure to meet you.”
 
Trowa gave Sarah an apologetic look. She simply smiled at Dorthy's unchanged expression.
 
“You just have to be a bitch, don't ya?” said Duo. “Damn Quatre why would you bring her?”
 
Quatre frowned. “Friend of Trowa's. Maybe next time I'll leave you at home.”
 
Duo, not caring, shrugged. “Whatever man. Can we go now?”
 
Trowa raised an eyebrow. They hadn't actually said anything about what they were doing. He noticed Heero hadn't come with them, which could be bad or good. He hoped it was down the middle.
 
“Yes, let's do so!” said Dorthy. “I'll wait for you outside.”
 
She then skipped out of the common room towards the front doors. Once she was gone Duo frowned and muttered, “Seriously Quatre why did you invite her?”
 
Quatre rolled his eyes. “Doesn't matter now Duo. She's not leaving.”
 
“I'll make her leave,” muttered Duo.
 
“I'll help you,” muttered Sarah.
 
Releena and Cathy exchanged looks and a soft smiled appeared on their faces. They had seen Trowa smirk at Sarah's little comment.
 
Cathy then touched Trowa's shoulder. “C'mon Trowa. Let's get out of here.”
 
He nodded as Quatre smiled at him and led the way out of the common room. Wufei stayed close by as Releena followed. Duo, putting his hands in his pockets, followed Releena looking down at the floor. Cathy then began to walk after Duo.
 
“Ready for a big day?” whispered Sarah.
 
Trowa shrugged and grabbed Sarah's hand pulling her along. The nurses and orderlies said nothing of two patients following Quatre Winner and Releena Peacecraft. Dorthy had already disappeared to wherever they were going.
 
They stopped at the door. Quatre turned around with another sweet smile.
 
“Wufei. Please cover their eyes,” he ordered.
 
Wufei pulled out a bandana and tied it around Trowa's eyes. Trowa frowned knowing this wouldn't be good. Wufei simply looked at Sarah giving her a strange look.
 
“Oh, I'll do it!” snapped Releena. She shoved passed Wufei and gently tied her white scarf around Sarah's eyes. “Not too tight is it?”
 
“No,” she answered quietly. “It's fine.”
 
“Good,” she said happily.
 
“Now keep your damn eyes close Trowa,” ordered Duo.
 
A pair of warm hands grabbed Sarah's cool ones and led her
through the door. She guessed it was Releena since her heels could be heard clearly. Soon Sarah felt the cool wind against her face. Something that she hadn't felt in a long time.
 
“Okay there's a step up,” said Releena.
 
“Damn it Trowa! Are you peeking through that?” demanded Duo. “Don't shake your head at me! I bet you can see through that!”
 
“Just because he could get inside the limo doesn't mean a thing,” said a monotone voice.
 
Sarah turned towards it. Even without her sight, she could tell it was Heero. He could still silently walk up to anyone and scare them all.
 
“Heero could of you to come!” said Quatre happily. “Get in before we leave you.”
 
“You're late,” stated Wufei.
 
“HEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRROOOOOOOO!” screamed Dorthy from the left. “I'M so glad you decided to come! Right Miss Releena?”
 
“Shut up,” she grumbled so that Sarah could only here.
 
“Get in Releena,” said Heero calmly. He grabbed Sarah's elbow as she felt Releena's hands disappear. “Bend down and move into the limo.”
 
Sarah blindly got inside the limo and felt someone grab her arm. These hands were somewhat warm. She sat down smelling leather. Soon the door closed and the car moved. Everyone began to chat except for Trowa, Sarah, Wufei and Heero.
 
Sarah felt the car stop and heard the doors open. Heero's cool hands grabbed her hands and helped her out of the car. Outside of the car she smelt animals.
 
“Okay, Trowa are you ready?” asked Quatre. He sounded very happy wherever they were. “Okay. Now Cathy.”
 
Releena's scarf fell from Sarah's eyes making her see a huge circus tent. She glanced over at Trowa who simply stared at it. He looked happy, but who knew.
 
Cathy grabbed Trowa's hand. “Full house, Tro. How about we get you in costume again? You don't have to, but everyone would be happy to see you!”
 
Trowa smiled and nodded. Cathy happily giggled and clapped her hands. She grabbed Trowa's hand and pulled him towards the tent. He glanced back at Sarah and stopped Cathy.
 
Cathy stopped and gave him a confused look. “What is it? Would you rather watch?”
 
Heero then said, “C'mon Sarah. You guys go ahead without us. I know what he wants.”
 
Quatre slightly frowned. “Okay. I'll meet you up in the stands. Have fun.”
 
Dorthy grabbed Quatre's hand and skipped towards the tent dragging him along. Wufei quickly walked after them as he pulled Releena around. Duo's phone then rang before he could say bye.
 
“Oh, yeah. Crystal's coming. I bet she's here.” He answered the phone. “Hey Babe. You here? Great! QUATRE! WAIT UP!” he screamed ignoring his wife as he ran towards his friends.
 
Sarah rolled her eyes as she followed Trowa and Cathy towards the back of the tent. Heero followed behind her.
 
“So you're in the circus?” she asked Cathy.
 
“Uh-hah. Ever since I was born basically. Do you like animals?”
 
Sarah raised an eyebrow and glanced over at Trowa. He was looking everywhere around him. “Sure. I don't mind them.”
 
Cathy looked over her shoulder with a grin. “Great! Tro can show you our animals. His favorites are lions.” She looked at Heero. “What about you Heero? Do you want to see the animals again?”
 
Heero stared forward and shook his head. He had no emotion once again. Cathy walked faster as she entered the tent.
 
Sarah then saw Trowa being engulfed by clowns and other circus performers. She stepped back as everyone welcomed Trowa back and hugged him. Trowa glanced over at Sarah and slightly nodded at her. She smiled at him and heard the crowd on the other side.
 
Cathy went up to Sarah and Heero. “You might wanna go join the others. I just saw two more people join them.”
 
Sarah nodded. “Okay. Thanks Cathy. I'll see you guys after the show.”
 
She nodded and reached through the group to get Trowa. “C'mon guys back off. He has to get in costume before the show starts!”
 
Heero pulled at Sarah's elbow and led her back to the group. Once they were out of earshot Sarah said, “A simple `C'mon' is fine to say Heero. Damn.”
 
He smirked as they went through the gates to the stands. “Where would the fun be in that? I like pushing you around.”
 
Sarah briefly glared at him. “I have a cast-like object that'll hit your head.”
 
“Ha! Ha. I see a flashlight can't beat the Great Satoru.”
 
“A bullet will be the only thing that stops me,” she muttered.
 
 
Sarah gazed around the arena seeing it mostly filled up. She saw a large space near the middle and saw Quatre's white hair. They began to walk towards the group.
 
“What about Trowa? Can he stop you?”
 
Sarah then saw the two new people who had joined the group. She recognized Crystal sitting close to Duo hugging his arm. The next one was the proud business tycoon, Zeke Zeon. She paused for a moment in her steps. Heero stopped.
 
“Zeon and Winner are friends?” she whispered as they walked up the steps.
 
“Yes.” Heero barely moved his lips as he answered. “Do you trust him?”
 
Sarah gazed around the tent and turned around to see the arena. “No. Lilly Cruise. Watch out for her.”
 
Heero pulled her along and they stopped in front of the group. Quatre and Zeon sat next to each other while Wufei sat behind Quatre. He watched Zeon's every move.
 
“Heero hi. Is Trowa all ready?” asked Quatre.
 
Heero nodded. Sarah stood by his side not moving. Dorthy sat in front of Zeon arching her back for him. He would glance down every once in a while as she shifted. Releena sat in front of Quatre with a phone up to her ear. Her finger was plugged in her other ear. Duo and Crystal sat in their own little world a few feet in front of Releena and Dorthy.
 
“Oh, yes, Sarah this is Zeke Zeon. You might've heard of him.”
 
Sarah nodded and sat down next to Crystal. Heero sat behind Sarah; next to Releena.
 
Soon the first act began and everyone began to cheer. Sarah watched it dully and glanced over at Crystal who was focusing on the clowns. Duo turned to speak with his friends. Sarah, ever so slightly, kneed Crystal. She looked over without moving her head.
 
“I need a gun,” whispered Sarah. “Someone else is with me there.”
 
“Got it,” she whispered back.
 
Then Sarah saw Cathy and Trowa walk out from behind the curtain. Trowa was in oversize green pants with yellow stars on them. A checkered shirt, half of a mask, and gloves. She squinted just to see the costume from up here.
 
He stood against the board with his arms stretched out. He stared at Cathy as she produced knives and began to throw them wildly at him. Sarah stared at the performance, as he didn't even flinch.
 
The crowd went wild.
 
 
After the whole performance everyone waited behind the curtain for Trowa and Cathy. Zeon had left early and Crystal left right after the show. Duo would've gone home with her, but he had promised Quatre that he'd stay.
 
Sarah stood next to Heero who stood next to Releena. Wufei was right by Quatre's every move like he was one or two. Dorthy and Releena were arguing about something. Duo would comment to Releena's conversation then Quatre's who was talking to Wufei who barely answered back.
 
Sarah now looked around the tent. She saw Cathy running across the tent in jeans and a T-shirt. She then saw Trowa leading a tame lion back to its cage. He was back in his normal-patient clothing-simply walking around.
 
He opened the cage and the lion walked in as if he did this everyday. No one noticed that Trowa was by the animals. She turned and silently walked towards him.
 
Trowa looked up to see Sarah standing just a few feet away from him. He smiled.
 
“You never told me you were a clown,” she said.
 
He shrugged and closed the gate to the cage. The lion laid down and looked up at Trowa and Sarah.
 
“You were great,” she said softly.
 
Trowa then hugged her and whispered, “Thanks.”
 
He then grabbed her hand and opened the cage back up. The lion lifted its head to look at Trowa. He pulled her hand down to the lion's head, but she stopped him. Trowa gave her one of his soft smiles and nodded.
 
Everything would be fine.
 
Trowa then placed Sarah's hand on the lion's head. The fur was thick and soft. The mane was stringy.
 
“Never bitten anyone,” he whispered. “No one.”