Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ The Secret Friendship ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Secret Friendship
 
Sarah woke up the next morning still unbuckled from last night. She rubbed her head with her good hand trying to remember how she had unbuckled herself. She remembered a nurse putting in an IV of some kind in her arm then the painkillers had made her tired then…..he came. Trowa had unbuckled her.
 
She sat up now looking at her left hand. It was tightly wrapped up. She looked back at her arm realizing that the needle was gone along with half the other patients in the room. There were still no nurses to be seen. Then her luck disappeared as one nurse came into view and smiled at her. She walked over to Sarah.
 
“Good morning! How are you feeling?” she asked happily.
 
“Fine,” she muttered. “When am I allowed to leave?”
 
The nurse looked at the chart. “Hmm. Today if you'd like. The doctor just needs to brief you about your hand and you should be fine. I'll go fetch him.” She, happily, skipped off.
 
She needs to be the mental house. Sarah got out of bed and walked over to a sleeping Margo. Her nose was broken and bruises began to show on her face. Sarah touched her own face wondering how many bruises she'd see on her face. Harry had pretty much beaten her, too. Luckily Sarah had a hard head and that's when the orderly came in.
 
Harry held Sarah's neck in a tight hold. Sarah could feel her eyes roll back and heard shouting of someone from behind the door. She then slammed her head forward hitting Harry's nose and Harry's strong hands released her. Sarah had smacked the floor as Harry screamed as blood ran down his face. She passed out before she could see Harry faint or the orderlies run inside the small room.
 
Soon she saw the bouncing nurse skip back with a handsome doctor. No wonder the nurse was happy to “fetch him” for her. He walked up to Sarah with a grin.
 
“Sarah James correct?” She nodded. “Good news is that the swelling of the bruises will go down in a few days. Your hand, on the other hand-” he chuckled “-will take a few weeks to get better. You're lucky that it was just the knuckles and not the whole hand. I suggest you don't use that hand very much and if the pain becomes worse come back for an x-ray. Well you're free to go.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
Sarah then left the medical hall to make a phone call.
 
 
Trowa was awake before the lights automatically came on. Al still snored away even when the lights were on. An orderly came up to the door to check up on them.
 
“Wake up!” he barked.
 
Al sat up and dazedly stood up. He yawned as Trowa stood up anxiously. He couldn't wait until he saw Sarah again or even Margo. He had briefly seen Margo and it looked like her nose was off at an angle.
 
The orderly opened the door. “Let's go. C'mon we don't have all day!” he snapped.
 
 
 
Trowa quickly left, but the orderly grabbed his shirt. Al left without saying one word, but stopped ten feet away. Trowa looked at the orderly and frowned. It was Jeremy.
 
“Next time you break a door I'm gonna break your face. Understand retard?”
 
Trowa quickly nodded and was pushed back. Jeremy and Trowa walked in opposite directions. Al smiled brightly.
 
“C'mon lets get to breakfast. I'm sure everyone is talking about it!” exclaimed Al.
 
Trowa sighed and rubbed his face. He didn't want breakfast. He wanted to go to the medical hall to see if Sarah had woken up yet.
 
“Tro I know you're worried about Sarah, but she's probably still asleep. Let's get some food in ya.” He pulled Trowa along to the cafeteria.
 
Trowa, out of the corner of his eye, then saw Sarah turn down another hallway. She hadn't seen them since she was walking directly to the front desk or near there. Trowa stopped, snapped his fingers, and pointed towards the direction Sarah was walking.
 
Al frowned. “If you want something just say it.”
 
Trowa shot a dirty glare at Al who took a step back.
 
“Dude I was joking. Promise.” He smirked. “Sure I know that way is the medical hall, but food is this way.”
 
Trowa shook his head and pulled Al towards the front desk.
 
 
Sarah was walking directly towards the front desk to make a phone call. She passed an empty hallway seeing Al drag Trowa someplace. She guessed the cafeteria since Al only thought of food in the morning. She briefly saw Trowa stop and point towards her, but she kept walking.
 
She walked up to the front desk and said, “I would like to make a phone call please.”
 
The nurse quickly looked over Sarah. “Name.”
 
“Sarah James.”
 
She checked the file and nodded shoving a black phone towards her. “You have ten minutes. Make it fast.”
 
Sarah flashed a friendly smile and dialed Victor's number. It rang a few times before his assistant picked it up.
 
“Hi Ann. It's Sarah-yes, I'm fine. Is Victor in?” She kept her eyes on the front door. There was a click and he answered.
 
“Sarah! Good to hear from you. How's everything?”
 
“Well you owe me overtime and a few broken knuckles!” she nearly hissed.
 
“Broken knuckles? Dear God, did you kill someone?”
 
Sarah set her jaw. “Almost. I could've ran the nose bone up through their skull but they were choking me to death!”
 
“What happened?”
 
Sarah quickly gave the story to Victor. He sighed at the very end.
“Busy time there, uh?”
 
“Very. Oh, yes, I forgot to ask you, what's Crystal doing there? Amy came in earlier saying something about her job.”
 
“I don't know what you mean. Amy's been acting a bit strange lately. I think it's mainly because you're there and she's here by herself.”
 
“But Crystal should be there.” She paused to think. “Just watch her.”
 
“I will.”
 
“Sarah James your call time has ended. Hang up the phone,” ordered the nurse.
 
“Victor I have to go.”
 
“Of course.” He hung up the phone as the nurse snatched the phone from Sarah's good hand.
 
“When I say “Time's up” it means times up,” she snapped.
 
Sarah frowned wishing she could clobber the nurse. She folded her arms and looked back at the front door. She then turned around seeing Trowa pulling Al towards her.
 
“Hey SARAH!” shouted Al. He waved at her happily.
 
She softly smiled at them. “Hey Al. Hey Trowa.”
 
Al stared down at her left hand. “Dude what did Harry do to your hand?”
 
“Fl-”
 
“Could we walk and talk? I'm really hungry.” Al then started to walk back towards the cafeteria.
 
Sarah and Trowa exchanged looks. Trowa sighed of relief and smiled up at her. He gave her a thumbs up and she nodded. They walked after Al.
 
“Harry smashed my knuckles with a flashlight,” she answered. “Don't worry though. I broke his nose.”
 
“Poor Margo. I guess we'll lie and say that she fell down some stairs or something.”
 
Trowa rolled his eyes.
 
“Yeah. I guess.”
 
They arrived at the cafeteria and Sarah saw everyone looking at her. It wasn't a huge turn, but everyone made a turn just to see her. She sat down at the normal table with Bart and Harriet who simply looked at her.
 
Then Elijah walked over without a sound. He looked at Sarah and raised an eyebrow. “Is Margo's nose really broken?”
 
“Yep.”
 
“You don't look like a girl who could do that much damage,” he dryly stated.
 
“Just wait until someone pisses me off.”
 
Elijah smirked. “I think I will wait. Just to see my dear.” He then left without another word to go join the other geniuses.
 
“Crazy bastard,” muttered Bart poking at his food. “Anyone can fight if they're being choked to death.”
 
Al quickly agreed. “You know Sarah, I think it's amazing how you fought back. Usually the other girls would scream and whack Harry with something.”
 
Harriet mumbled something as she dug a fork into her breakfast. Trowa, as usual, stayed quiet.
 
The afternoon went by slowly and Sarah had already decided to skip therapy. She couldn't deal with Bart and Lilly fighting and Lilly and Elijah fighting, then if Barb was back and everyone else. She was spread out on the couch with her left arm covering her face. Trowa sat on the floor in front of her, hiding from whoever came looking for them.
 
“Trowa I know we're friends and everything, but you didn't have to break down your own door,” she muttered.
 
Trowa had written down what had happened to the door once they walked by it. It was still off its hinges and wouldn't be fixed until dinner.
 
He shrugged.
 
She giggled. “You, my friend, are so strange. First you mutter to Al then break the door. What next? Will you talk to me forever and never quit?” she joked.
 
Trowa let his head fall back against the couch. “Maybe,” he whispered.
 
Sarah opened her eyes and looked down at him. He smiled up at her. “Crabbert would have a fit if you started talking.”
 
“Good,” he whispered. “Maybe then he'll be locked up in here.”
 
Sarah hid her laugh. This was good. Trowa was whispering and not stopping. Maybe her mission would be easier from now on then it would be over. She stopped herself from thinking about that.
 
“Highly doubt that. I don't want to be in here when he lives with the crazies.”
 
Trowa silently laughed. Sarah smiled at him. He then stopped and became emotionless. Clara appeared and frowned down at them.
 
“Skipping therapy?”
 
Sarah raised an eyebrow. Trowa then wrote something down and showed it to Clara.
 
“Don't worry I'm not going to tell anyone. Let's see your arms. Lift them up!”
 
Trowa stood and held out his arms. The last cut marks were almost healed and Clara smiled at this.
 
“I'm so proud of you. Tomorrow go to therapy.” She then left without saying another word.
 
Trowa sat back down on the floor and placed the notebook next to him. Sarah slid off the couch and sat next to him.
 
“You know what's great about broken knuckles?”
 
Trowa raised an eyebrow.
 
Sarah frowned. “Say it,” she begged.
 
“What?” he whispered.
 
She smiled. “Vicodin!”
 
Trowa smiled as Sarah placed her head on his shoulder. She sighed and stared at the notebook.
 
“When are you going to speak to the others?” she asked quietly.
 
He shrugged. Then over the intercom the nurse said, “Lilly Cruise. Lilly Cruise you have a visitor.” Then there was a pause.
“Trowa Barton. Trowa Barton you have a visitor.”
 
“Visitor?” questioned Sarah. “Who do you think is visiting you?”
 
“Who knows,” he whispered. They stood and Trowa picked up the notebook. “I'll see you later then.”
 
Sarah somewhat frowned. “But if its Duo and Crystal I don't want to miss them! If it's someone else then I'll leave. Can I go please?”
 
Trowa sighed and nodded. Sarah smiled and walked with him to the front. Sarah quickly looked around for Duo and Crystal. No sign of them. She did see the anorexic Lilly speaking to whomever across the room. Her back was facing Sarah.
 
“Well where's your friend at?” asked Sarah. “I don't see-”
 
She stopped talking once she saw one of the wealthiest businessmen ever. Crystal couldn't even get by his security when she was hired to kill him. Her mouth dropped opened as the blond boy smiled at Trowa.
 
“Trowa!” called Quatre and waved over at him. He looked the other way and said, “Heero. He's here. C'mon on!”
 
Heero then appeared out of nowhere staring at Sarah. He raised an eyebrow and glanced between Trowa and Sarah. Quatre dragged Heero over to them.
 
“Hi. I'm Quatre. What's yours?” He was already shaking Sarah's hand before she could respond.
 
He was so friendly. Too friendly.
 
“Sarah. You're the-”
 
He quickly nodded. “Are you a friend of Trowa's?”
 
“Yes.”
 
Quatre smiled greatly. “Trowa you made a new friend! I'm so happy for you. In fact you look better than normal.” He grabbed Trowa's hand and pulled him away from Heero and Sarah. “How have you been?”
 
He nodded.
 
Sarah sighed and leaned up against the wall staring over at Lilly's back. Wonder who she's talking to?
 
“Working again?” muttered Heero.
 
Sarah glared at Heero. “Not that you know anything about work.”
 
Heero smirked. He folded his arms and glanced over at Trowa and Quatre. Trowa had begun to write words down for Quatre.
 
“How long have you been here?” he whispered.
 
“Long enough.” She paused. “Are you going to tell him?”
 
Heero shook his head. “I take it you know of Duo and Crystal then?”
 
“Yup. They came in during my second day here.” Sarah now turned to Heero to hide from Trowa. “Will you tell him?”
 
“No. It's none of my business what you do. I'm just surprise you didn't kill Quatre when he walked in.”
 
Sarah frowned. “Same reason you haven't killed Releena yet.”
 
Heero glanced over at Trowa and Quatre again. “I'm finished speaking with you.” He then went silent and his face hardened.
 
“Heero! Aren't you even going to say anything to Trowa?” demanded Quatre with a smile.
 
Heero looked over and waved. “Hi,” he said in a monotone voice.
 
Trowa nodded.
 
“So what do you do now?” she whispered.
 
Heero shrugged. “Quatre finish up. We don't have time.”
 
Quatre shot Heero a dirty look. He then smiled back at Trowa. “You look a lot better. Hey Cathy said that she'll be coming sometime. So stay outta trouble, will you?”
 
Trowa quickly nodded as they walked back over to Heero and Sarah who were now silent.
 
“Well it was nice meeting you Sarah. Hopefully next week we can talk. Goodbye. Goodbye Trowa.”
 
Trowa nodded at Quatre who smiled, blew him a kiss and walked towards the front door. Trowa frowned once Quatre turned his back. Heero sighed and looked at both.
 
“Later Trowa. Whenever you get out of here come visit me in my shop. Sarah. Always a pleasure.”
 
Trowa nodded again and Sarah giggled at Heero. “Okay? Always a pleasure too.”
 
She then glanced over to see Quatre's business rival Zeke Zeon. He stood up speaking directly at Lilly who was nodding. Zeke was a tall man with brown hair and was dressed in a black suit.
 
Sarah's eyes flashed to Heero's then down. Heero quickly glanced over and nodded to Trowa. Trowa glanced over and frowned.
 
Sarah then mouthed, “Watch out.”
 
Heero then turned and left with Quatre. Zeke walked passed Sarah without saying anything. Sarah's eyes followed Zeke luckily he had never met Satoru and apparently Lilly hadn't either.
 
Trowa grabbed her arm and tugged it. She turned and smiled. “That Heero kid is crazy. Quatre is really sweet though.”
 
Trowa nodded and they left. Lilly closely followed them.
 
 
 
Hi everyone who reads my story! First I'd like to say thanks for reading it. And I'd really like to know what you think of it. So could you please comment? I'd really like to know. Thanks.