Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Escaping Death ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Escaping Death
 
Sarah never went to the front desk to get the gun Crystal had sent or even to the medicine desk for her painkillers. She never made it to lunch, dinner or therapy. Sarah never said goodbye to anyone at the clinic, not even Trowa.
 
Sarah, Trowa, and Al were walking back from breakfast when the first visitor arrived. Al quickly turned down another hallway leaving them alone. Trowa waved at him.
 
“Hi Quatre,” said Sarah.
 
Quatre stood in a black suit staring angrily and hurt at Trowa. He then glared over at Sarah then back at Trowa.
 
“Trowa say something,” demanded Quatre. “I know you can.”
 
Trowa blinked a few times then raised an eyebrow. Sarah looked between Trowa and Quatre.
 
“Quatre, Trowa can't speak,” muttered Sarah.
 
Quatre glared at Sarah. “He speaks to you. Hell he probably even sings to you.” He looked back at Trowa. “Go on! Say something!”
 
Trowa opened his mouth, but said nothing. Sarah frowned. “He doesn't speak to me!” snapped Sarah. “Where the hell would you get an idea like that?”
 
Quatre marched up to Sarah and glared into her eyes. “He never moves his mouth. He doesn't even mouth words!”
 
Sarah glanced over at Trowa who pulled Quatre back. He glared at Quatre.
 
“Trowa just speak to me,” begged Quatre. “All you have to do is just say one thing.”
 
Trowa rolled his eyes, grabbed Sarah's hand and pulled her down the hallway. He left Quatre alone in the hallway and turned down a different one.
 
Quatre then yelled, “What the hell makes her better than me?! She's a psycho bitch!!!!”
 
“What the hell was that about?” asked Sarah.
 
“Duo,” he muttered.
 
“But Duo hasn't been around us,” she whispered glancing back over her shoulder. Quatre wasn't following which was good.
 
“He must've seen my lips moving.”
 
Sarah stopped which made Trowa stop and turned to look at her. “I'm sorry. Maybe you shouldn't talk to me anymore.”
 
Trowa frowned. “It wasn't your fault. I'm sure one day I would've started talking to someone. No one will blame you. Quatre's just mad because I didn't speak to him first.”
 
Sarah nodded. “But Quatre is the only way out for you. You have to go talk to him!”
 
Trowa shook his head. “Not yet. We don't have to get out of here today. I'll let Quatre cool off before anything.”
 
Sarah sighed. A patient talking to herself walked by not even looking at the once mute. She glanced behind her again; still no Quatre.
 
Soon Sarah and Trowa escaped to the common room where they quietly played cards at a table near the window. Trowa would barely whisper insults to her as she won every game, which made Sarah smirk at him. She then placed her cards down.
 
“You're just jealous because I'm actually good!” whispered Sarah leaning across the table.
 
“Please. You're about as good as Duo reading,” whisper-hissed Trowa.
 
Sarah rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Just be glad we didn't bet any money.”
 
Then the intercom flipped on. “Sarah James. Sarah James you have a visitor. Please come to the front desk.” It flipped back off.
 
“Ugh. I bet its Quatre,” she muttered.
 
Trowa shrugged. “I highly doubt that. It's been more than a few hours.”
 
“Twenty bucks it is.”
 
Trowa smirked. “Deal.”
 
Sarah stood to leave, but Trowa didn't move. She held out her hand to him. “C'mon. Let's go see Quatre.”
 
Trowa grabbed her hand and went up to the front desk. They had stopped holding hands right before they turned to the front desk. Sarah stopped dead in her tracks seeing not Quatre, but three tall men that worked for Victor. The tallest black one was Mark who was strong and usually retrieved things for Victor. He wore a suit and now looked at Sarah with his dark brown eyes. The shorter one standing to Mark with blond hair was Darvin dressed in jeans, a T-shirt, and a suit jacket. He was Victor's enforcer to make sure Mark and Nate did their jobs. Then there was Nate who was nicely dressed and looked like a real businessman. His hair was short black and he too flashed a white smile at Sarah.
 
“Ah Sarah, hello,” said Darvin. “I'm glad you made it within under a minute.”
 
Sarah glared at Darvin. “Why are you here?”
 
Nate then thanked the nurse. He looked at Sarah. “Time's up. We need to go.”
 
Sarah marched up to Nate leaving Trowa's side. She glared into Nate's blue eyes. “What's going on?” she whispered.
 
“Hey stand back,” muttered Mark's rough voice.
 
Sarah glanced back to see that Trowa had taken a step forward. “Mark back off. He's fine.”
 
Nate smirked at Sarah. “Let's go.”
 
“I'm not going anywhere unless-Mark!”
 
Mark now grabbed Sarah's arm while Darvin kept Trowa back. Sarah turned and lightly elbowed Mark knowing why Victor had sent Nate, Mark and Darvin. She looked at Trowa helplessly as Mark dragged her to the front doors. Nate glanced back at Trowa then held the door open for Mark as he pulled Sarah out.
 
“Trowa!” she called trying to reach him.
 
Darvin then pushed Trowa back and quickly followed Mark. Sarah felt the cool wind and saw the limo parked a few feet away. Nate opened the door, slid in and disappeared from sight. Darvin jumped into the passenger side. Mark then dropped Sarah into the limo where she brushed up against Victor peacefully sitting. Mark climbed in and shut the door.
 
Sarah shook out her hair calmly. “What's going on Victor?”
 
The limo began to move away from the clinic and Sarah's heart ached. Nate pulled out his phone, checked the text, and pocketed it again. Victor handed Sarah a folder.
 
“New mission. Trowa Barton can wait,” he answered.
 
Sarah took the folder. “And what about the clinic? What lie did you tell them?”
 
Victor looked out the window then back at Sarah. “We paid them off saying that you were my granddaughter that was diagnosed wrongly.”
 
“And it worked perfectly well,” stated Nate. “Next time Sarah perform better.”
 
Sarah glared at Nate. “When you can move around without Mark and Darvin let me know,” she hissed.
 
Nate smirked. “By the way what was with that gentleman standing by your side?”
 
Sarah opened the file and paled. “Quatre Winner? You pulled me out of there for this?”
 
“What's wrong?” asked Victor. “It's easier than pie. A simple job.”
 
“But Crystal couldn't even get through to him!” she exclaimed.
 
Victor shrugged. “You haven't even read the file. Tonight he has a business meeting and will be back to his main office. All you have to do is somehow kill him.”
 
Sarah frowned and saw Nate smirking at her. “Yes, Nate?”
 
Nate shook his head. “How are you going to kill him?”
 
Sarah rolled her eyes at him. She then looked at Mark. “How's Penny, Mark?”
 
“Pregnant again,” he answered with a smile. “How's your love life?”
 
Sarah cracked a smile. “Oh the same,” she answered pulling off her brace from her hand. She flexed it and smirked.
 
“Highly doubt that,” muttered Nate. Sarah shot him a dirty look.
 
 
Quatre slumped out of another boring business meeting. Heero nor Wufei had decided to stay for this three hour-long meeting. He loosened his tie and looked down at his watch. 10pm in green digital numbers. He groaned and checked his phone. Three missed calls from the clinic, one voicemail, two missed calls from Wufei, one call that rang twice from Heero, and ten calls from Duo.
 
He knew Trowa would have never called him after today. Maybe something else happened? Or Sarah called. He was surprised how Heero had called him even for two rings.
 
“Mr. Winner are you ready to go?” asked his driver.
 
Quatre ran his hand through his hair. “Yes, I just need to go to my office for a minute. Go start the car.”
 
The driver hesitated. “Mr. Winner I don't feel safe leaving you alone without Mr. Yuy or Mr. Wufei.”
 
He cracked a smile. “I'll be fine. Promise. Besides I need to print out some stuff and email some people.”
 
“Would you like me to wait here for you?”
 
Quatre shook his head at the old fellow. “Please go wait in the car. I promise I'll be done within an hour, hopefully.” He smirked.
 
“Yes, Mr. Winner. Please hurry.”
 
Quatre nodded and shuffled towards his office. “I will. Promise.”
 
He stopped at his door and started to dig for his keys. He found them and stuck them in the door. It easily unlocked and he flipped on the light. Quatre stopped dead in his tracks with an open mouth.
 
Sarah sat behind his desk dressed in tight black pants, a dark, tight long sleeved shirt and her hair was tied back. She wore tight gloves (apparently her hand was now fine) and narrow shoes that rested up on his wooden desk. A long jacket lay across the desk. His eyes finally rested on the silenced gun pointing directly at him.
 
“Sarah?”
 
“Quatre,” she stated. “Hands up there Blondie.”
 
“How did you get in here?” he asked slowly. He raised his hands up to his shoulders.
 
Sarah glanced behind him. “Kick the door shut without turning around. I know you Gundam boys are flexible.”
 
Quatre kicked the door shut. It clicked being lock. “How did you get in here?” he asked again.
 
“My personal favorite quote is “You can reprogram security system, but you can't reprogram dogs”. Next time don't make the password so easy.”
 
“What was it?”
 
She smirked. “QB34. Quatre Barton 34. Nice.”
 
Quatre's face drop. “Who are you?”
 
“Sarah Satoru.” Quatre paled. “Calling me a bitch wasn't that nice, now was it?”
 
“Are you here to kill me?”
 
Sarah shrugged and set her feet on the ground. “Yes.”
 
“How did you get out of the clinic? Trowa would've-“ He stopped remembering that the clinic had called. Everyone had called.
 
Sarah nodded. “I left. Apparently you don't listen to voicemails once you get them.”
 
Quatre's eyes widened. “How do you know-”
 
“Bugged. Along with your computer files, accounts, and your lovely emails. You would've liked your voicemail.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Trowa Barton left Quatre Winner his first voicemail in over five years screaming.”
 
He paled and his hand went over his heart. “You didn't kill him did you?” he whispered.
 
Sarah looked hurt. “Quatre get Trowa out of there.”
 
“W-What?”
 
“Tomorrow get Trowa out of there before someone kills him.”
 
He raised an eyebrow. “Who's going to kill him?”
 
“Someone. Tomorrow morning, before seven, go and get him. Call Heero, too. I didn't tell him if I had decided to let you live or not.”
 
Quatre swallowed. “So what's your answer?”
 
Sarah stood, walked before him, and pressed the gun up to his head. The gun clicked. “Bang. Quatre Raberba Winner is dead.” She lowered the gun, as Quatre's face was now completely white and sweat rolled down his face. “I can't have Trowa dying during my lifetime. And I swear to God if he's not out by seven I will come back here and personally kill your faggot ass.”
 
Quatre swallowed as Sarah lowered the gun. She stared into his eyes as she backed up, slipped off her shoes and stepped into a pair of red heels. Her gloves and gun disappeared as she pulled on her long coat that hid everything that she wore. She then flipped out her hair.
 
“W-Why aren't you killing Trowa and I?” questioned Quatre with his hands still up in the air.
 
Sarah was now applying lipstick finishing up her new look. Quatre then noticed that the black plants looked like tights, which you'd wear with a dress.
 
“Because if I killed Trowa, I'd have to tell Duo, and then Heero would get mad and then I'd have to kill you too.”
 
“Why were you going to kill us?”
 
Sarah smirked and overlooked Quatre. “Just because you have a pretty face, lovely hair, great blue eyes and look good in a suit doesn't mean I'm going to tell you. I am very professional you know.” She raised an eyebrow at his raised hands. “Put your hands down.”
 
He lowered them. “So what am I suppose to tell Trowa?”
 
“About what?” She pulled out a simple necklace and placed it around her neck.
 
“Why I'm getting him out so early. Are you going to be there?”
 
She now ruffled up her hair. “Just get him and no I wont be there. I actually have to work.”
 
He looked down. “Who are you going to kill?”
 
Sarah placed her hand on Quatre's face. “Classified. Ask Heero tomorrow afternoon.” She smiled. “Now are you ready to go to your car?”
 
He frowned. “I'm perfectly fine walking there by myself.”
 
She smirked. “My friend is up on the roof out there along with several other people. No one messes with my targets. Now act happy like we're best friends, K?”
 
Quatre blinked a few times and glanced out the window. He saw a pool of blond hair behind a sniper rifle. The sniper gave a thumbs up towards him.
 
“I hope that's your friend out there,” he muttered as Sarah adjusted his shirt. She was unbuttoning his shirt.
 
“She's your friend too,” she stated. Sarah then ruffled up Quatre's silk blond hair.
 
He raised an eyebrow. “She?”
 
“We work together. Don't worry if someone tries to shoot you down she'll get them.”
 
“Why not you?”
 
Sarah now pulled his shirt out of his pants and flipped out his collar. “Because I'm just the innocent girl who made out with you. Has Heero not taught you boys anything?”
 
“What are you doing?” he demanded once Sarah barely unzipped his fly.
 
Sarah frowned. “Don't worry. Your driver wont say anything.” She paused looking over him again. “Oh, yes. Almost forgot.”
 
Sarah then kissed Quatre who responded then kissed at his neck leaving small traces of lipstick. She then pulled him back and patted his cheek.
 
She smiled at him. Quatre was flushed as he stared at Sarah. “Red on white is very noticeable.”
 
“So you don't have a thing with Trowa?” he almost stuttered.
 
Sarah shrugged and waved at the sniper. “Yes, but what I do with my personal life is none of your business. Let's go.”
 
She looped arms with Quatre and led him towards the front doors. “So you guys have a thing?” he muttered.
 
“Smile!” she said through grinned teeth running her finger across his cheek.
 
Quatre smiled down at her. He looked fake. How the hell did he pick up guys or girls with that smile? “I am! What now?”
 
“Love,” she whispered kissing his cheek.
 
Once they reached the doors they saw the driver staring at them. He stood outside of the car with a slightly opened mouth. Sarah and Quatre left the building and the driver jumped into the front seat without saying anything.
 
Quatre opened the door and Sarah nibbled at his neck. “Did you do this to Trowa?” he whispered.
 
Sarah looked up at him. “Faking kisses and flirting is one thing I can do, but loving someone is entirely different. Remember get him out of there.” She brushed up her leg against Quatre who felt the gun.
 
Quatre was in shocked. Love? Love. The girl who was going to kill him and Trowa was in love with him?
 
Fuck, he thought. How the hell am I going to tell him?
 
“What should I say when he asks for you?”
 
Sarah smiled. “Nothing. I'll find you.” She patted his cheek again. “Thank you so much for helping me moving some boxes Mr. Winner. It was quite enjoyable!” she giggled. She looked so innocent as she stared at him.
 
Quatre looked down at her. “Yeah. Dinner tomorrow night? How about breakfast starting this morning?”
 
Sarah laughed. “I must be going. Goodbye.” She briefly kissed him again and backed away giggling as she walked away.
 
Quatre stood there stunned. Minutes ago she looked like a robber, but now she looked like a model gliding away. He slid into the car, pulled out his phone (shaking), and called the clinic.