Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Bright Evening Star ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Bright Evening Star
 
Quatre stood in Dr. Rarrick's office before seven in the morning. The hallway lights were still off and the nurses had raised eyebrows and gasped at the sight of Quatre Winner and the close Heero standing next to him. Dr. Rarrick sat behind his desk with gray hair and a long beard. He yawned and blinked several times.
 
“So you want to take Trowa Barton out of here?” he asked again.
 
“Yes,” said Quatre. “I'm willing to pay extra to get him out at seven this morning.”
 
Dr. Rarrick began to type on the computer. His eyes flashed to Heero who gave him a dead, creepy stare. “Why all the sudden?”
 
“Personal reasons.”
 
Dr. Rarrick's eyes opened fully. “Apparently he was mute and now screamed and began to talk rapidly? I honestly don't think he's ready to-“
 
Quatre frowned. “I don't care! What will it take to get him out?”
 
“Well he needs to be evaluated by his doctors and see how long he starts talking. I understand from Dr. Crabbert that his friend left, correct?”
 
He sighed. “Yes. And?”
 
“And I believe he should stay here for a week or so. It's surprising how she left and he began to talk.”
 
Quatre glanced back to Heero to see that he remained indifferent. It was almost like Heero always knew what was going on. He looked directly at Rarrick.
 
“I will give a half a million dollars to walk out with Trowa right now,” stated Quatre.
 
Dr. Rarrick's eyes widened. “W-What?”
 
Quatre stared into his gray eyes. “Half a million dollars. Check. Right now.”
 
Dr. Rarrick swallowed. “J-Just to get him out of here right now?”
 
“Yes.” His voice was dry. He knew this was important since someone inside the clinic was trying to kill Trowa.
 
“Alright. Go get him after you write the check, of course.”
 
Quatre quickly pulled out his checkbook, wrote a check for half a million, and slammed it on the desk. “There. We'll go get him. Thank you.”
 
Rarrick picked up the check, glanced over it, and smiled. “No, thank you.”
 
Quatre and Heero quickly left the overfilled office and went directly to Trowa's room. The lights turned on making Quatre jump a little. They stopped before the door hearing two sets of voices.
 
“So, let me get this shit straight,” said Al. “Sarah was mugged by a black dude and two suits?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“And you didn't do any of your ninja stuff?”
 
“I'm not a ninja. I'm a clown.”
 
Al laughed. “What's the difference?”
 
“Go to hell,” he muttered.
 
“Man I love talking to you!!!” exclaimed Al.
 
Quatre rolled his eyes and went inside the room. Trowa sat on his bed in Indian style with his back up against the wall. He looked calm for someone who screamed into a phone for a voicemail. Al sat nearly off his bed and turned to look at Quatre and Heero.
 
“Hey it's your friends!” said Al.
 
Trowa looked at Quatre. Quatre gave him a weak smile. “Hey Trowa. I nearly lost my hearing from your voicemail.”
 
“I bet you did,” he stated. “Why are you here so early?”
 
“Pack your stuff,” said Heero in a monotone voice. “Now.”
 
Trowa raised an eyebrow. “Why?”
 
“You can't leave! I don't want another roommate!” protested Al.
 
“I'll tell you in the car. Please, Trowa, just get your stuff,” said Quatre.
 
Trowa jumped off his bed and grabbed his bag. He then began to pack his things that he actually wanted to keep. Then another visitor came.
 
Lilly poked her head inside Trowa's room. “Whatcha doing Tro?” she asked.
 
Heero glared back at her, but said nothing. Quatre turned towards her. “Are you one of Trowa's friends?”
 
“Yes,” she answered.
 
“Bull shit!” snapped Al standing up. “Go away Lilly!”
 
Trowa glanced up at her. “I'm leaving,” he stated.
 
Lilly paled. “Why?”
 
“I said go away!” muttered Al.
 
Trowa now fully looked at Lilly. She had been gaining weight lately. You couldn't see much of her bones anymore. “That's none of your damn business. Get out.”
 
Lilly then quickly left almost running down the hallway. Heero watched her leave then looked back inside the room. Trowa zipped up his bag and swung it over his shoulder.
 
“Bye Al.”
 
Al smiled. “Bye. Go catch Sarah for me.”
 
Trowa smirked. “Right.” He then walked out of the room followed by Quatre and Heero. They walked out into the morning sunlight and Trowa saw the sleek black limo. Trowa opened the door, slide inside, and closed the door as Quatre and Heero went to the other side of the door.
 
 
Sarah placed the small, glass circle on the table next to her. She now drew the curtains and checked the scope seeing out onto the street. She saw thousands of people standing the sidewalks and the beginning of the long parade passing by. She sat down on the stool feeling the sweat inside the gloves.
 
The room was completely dark and dusty. No one had lived in this apartment in years besides the bats and rats. The windows already had pieces missing making this job easier along with the soon be broken windows on the other side.
 
“Duo just told me that Quatre went to go get Trowa this morning. Heero tagged along,” stated Crystal looking at her fake phone. All of her messages from her real phone were sent to this one like a forward almost.
 
“Good. I think saying that I'd kill his faggot ass helped,” said Sarah straightening up. “Ten minutes.”
 
Crystal checked her scope. “Mine's good. Window six might be sloppy.”
 
Sarah shrugged. “Doesn't matter.”
 
“So when are you meeting Trowa again?”
 
Sarah checked her watch. “Tonight or maybe right after this.”
 
“What are you going to tell him?”
 
Sarah paused before answering, “The same thing you told Duo. Nothing in order to protect him.”
 
Crystal now sat down on a barstool. “And your job?”
 
“Personal assistant to Victor, of course. Or something else. What do you do again?”
 
She shrugged. “I think something for accounts. Duo doesn't mind, but he thinks the money could be better.”
 
Sarah smirked. “He doesn't like the quarter million that you bring home or the two thousand you bring home?”
 
Crystal rolled her eyes smiling. “And what would you bring home living with a clown? A thousand?”
 
“God knows. Maybe I'll retire and we can move into my amazing pent house.”
 
Crystal frowned. “Ha. Ha. When you tell Trowa what kind of money you make I'll tell Duo and we can move to our own space ship or something!”
 
Sarah checked the scope once again. The car was late. It was backed up ten cars and barely around the corner.
 
“How about a mansion?” suggested Sarah. “We'll take the west wing and you guys can have the east wing.”
 
Crystal smiled and checked her scope. “Or we could threaten Quatre and move in with him. Heero and Wufei could tag along too!”
 
Sarah groaned. “I swear to God if I have to live with Wufei I'd kill him.”
 
“Gun or knife?”
 
“Baseball bat,” answered Sarah, smiling. “Sexist bastard.”
 
The girls laughed. “True that,” muttered Crystal.
 
Sarah now gazed through the scope once again. The car was now in sight. Sarah's finger now touched the trigger and aimed it at the man sitting in the back seat. His wife wasn't present along with his secret girlfriend who was his driver and his new fuck buddy at the office had decided not to ride with him.
 
“5-4-3-2-1,” counted Sarah and squeezed the trigger.
 
The man fell back into the seat and disappeared. Crystal then began to shoot at the windows making the curtains and blinds move and putting new holes in the windows. Sarah shot at the crowd and hit her plastic explosive placed as a reflective light. Everyone screamed, ran in different directions and began to flee into the nearby buildings.
 
Sarah stood up and cracked her neck. “Time to go.” They began to pack up putting the clips, silencers, and parts into their big purses and left the building with the screaming crowd.
 
 
Trowa had been lying in bed all day long since Quatre and Heero had picked him up. Quatre had let Trowa stay in one of his extra rooms at his small mansion. The room was the size of a living room at a normal household. The bed was a four-poster king sized bed with red and dark blue sheets. Six pillows surrounded Trowa while four pillows were by the headboard. The room had dark carpet, which stopped at the bathroom door and the balcony with the tall French glass doors. The bathroom was smaller than the main bedroom, but nevertheless bigger than most bathrooms. The floor was made from stones with a huge, marble bath tube and a separate shower.
 
Someone could get lost in there.
 
Quatre then came inside and placed a tray of food on the table next to the bed. A sandwich and a slim bottle of beer. Trowa looked over it as if it was nothing. This was the third tray Quatre had brought and it would be the third tray he'd take away.
 
“Are you going to eat?” asked Quatre seeing Trowa not moving once again.
 
“I'm not hungry,” he muttered and rolled onto his side. “Take it away.”
 
Quatre frowned. “Don't make me send in Heero to force feed you,” he threatened.
 
“Heero wont do anything. Go away.”
 
Quatre rolled his eyes. “Whatever. I'm leaving this in here. If it's not gone by tomorrow I'm sending you back to the clinic.”
 
Trowa was silence once again. Quatre left leaving the tray on the table and closed the door behind him. Trowa closed his eyes and sighed. Sarah was gone. She wasn't coming back to him ever again. The door opened, but Trowa made no move. His thoughts were too deep thinking of Sarah once again.
 
I'll never see her again, he thought. She's gone forever. She was dragged away by some crazy people taking her package from Crystal no doubt! She's…
 
He felt the bed go down slightly and frowned. He guessed it was Quatre or Cathy. He hoped it was Cathy and not some blond haired boy sitting next to him. He felt arms wrap around him and woman's perfume.
 
It was Cathy probably.
 
Her finger caressed his cheek lovingly and she briefly kissed his ear making him squirm. His eyes shot opened and turned to see, not Cathy, Sarah. Her hair was down and perfectly straight forming her face. Light makeup was placed on her face looking like a china doll with happy blue eyes that stared into his green ones. She was wearing a silver sparkling thin-strapped dress that ended at her ankles almost. She wore diamond earrings and necklace. She smiled at him.
 
“Not eating?” she questioned.
 
Trowa touched her face. “How did-”
 
Sarah kissed him pulling him closer to her. “Quatre told me you were here,” she lied. “I'm sorry for scaring you. I had no idea they'd take me away.”
 
Trowa held her hand rubbing his thumb over her smooth hand. “What happened?”
 
She looked down. She had to lie to him and keep lying forever. Crystal said it was hard at first, but became easier as time went on. But what to say? Victor called her and she had to go back to work?
 
Yes.
 
Sarah placed her hand on his arm. “Trowa-I work for Victor Ect. I'm his personal assistant and I had a bad mental breakdown. Victor then told me to take some time off and sent me to the clinic.” She paused seeing no change in Trowa. “I'm sorry for not telling you, but I didn't know how-“
 
Trowa kissed her forehead. “It's okay. Don't get so stressed about it. You're here now.
 
Sarah then noticed Trowa was in his dark green sweater and the tight blue jeans she had seen in pictures. She missed his short sleeves and actually feeling and seeing his white skin. Trowa then pulled her onto of him and held her while her head rested on his chest. She wrapped her arms around his neck.
 
“How much did this dress cost?” he asked running his hand through her hair.
 
Instead of saying three hundred she shrugged. “Quatre bought it for me. Why?”
 
Trowa sat up kissing her neck, wrapped his arms around her and unzipped the back of the dress. Sarah smiled against the kiss and tugged at his thick sweater. She pulled it over his head and tossed it to the side. She then stood up letting the dress fall to the ground as she grabbed the beer and hopped back into bed. She took a quick drink. She handed it to Trowa.
 
“You gotta keep your strength up.”
 
He smirked, grabbed the bottle, took a quick drink and placed it on the floor. He pulled her closer to his chest and kissed her lips. Sarah then pulled at the tight blue jeans that ended on the floor next to the dress.
 
Soon they were lying in bed together splitting the sandwich that Quatre had dropped off and took swigs of beer. No one had bothered them for the past hour since they had all seen Sarah before she went up to his room. Sarah then fell asleep in Trowa's arms holding him tightly. Trowa watched her sleep. So peaceful and happy. He noticed that she still had her earrings in shinning.
 
They looked like stars in the night sky and she was his bright evening star.