Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Secrets ❯ Hidden Secrets 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hidden Secrets
Part Four

By: Valandra



A/N: Ok, I know I said this would likely explain more about the boys…and I do….
~No you don't~
Do too. …Not much honestly, but it's set up to be explained in the next chapter. ^_^ And I did say maybe 4, not definitely.

Sorry this one took so long. Got started on a few other stories, and, to be honest, chapter 3's lack of response when I first finished it kinda discouraged me. *blushes* I hadn't realized it had in fact been over three months until you pointed that out Llannadh. You, and Zorra's help and ideas, really kicked me back in action with this chapter. Thank you. ^_^

Hehehe, finally got Zorra to post on Gundam Wing Universe, though just some Ronin Warriors and Harry Potter (which I've bettaed). She's great, go read and review her stuff, let her know I'm not just flattering her because I'm a friend.

^_^ Thank you all for the wonderful review! I'm truly honored, and appreciate your encouragement.

Key:
Thoughts are in (Italics)
Telepathy talk is in (~)
Normal talk is in ("")

"I…I think Duo's planning on killing himself." The words kept repeating themselves over and again through Wu Fei's mind, as he just sat there and stared at Heero. Heero had enough of his senses back to realize Wu Fei was in shock, and didn't take offense.

"Are…are you sure Heero? Why…?" he trailed off, unsure of how to phrase his question without insulting his koi.

Heero re-told Wu Fei exactly what he'd heard, word for word. Afterwards, he seemed a little…embarrassed, avoiding Wu Fei's eyes. "Thinking about it, I'm not so sure. Logically, what he said could be taken many different ways, what with how he phrased it. Duo's too much in love with life to just throw his away so easily; that was evident enough during the wars. But he never lies, and he sounded so upset and depressed, that it's still a possibility." I'm acting like an over-emotional baka.

Wu Fei gave a slight nod at this, but kept his silence. He let his head fall onto Heero's shoulder, his heart rate slowing back down to normal, and his ankle throbbing double time. Heero, who still had his arms around Wu Fei's back, could feel it when he started trembling slightly.

"Wu Fei?" before it dawned on him. ~You're ankles never going to get better at this rate, you realize that don't you?~ Heero stood, careful to keep Wu Fei steady, ~Don't move.~

Realizing there was no point in arguing with him, Wu Fei didn't so much as lift his head, except to move his grip from Heero's shoulders to his neck. ~Anybody sees this, and you'll pay, you realize that don't you?~ Even his mental voice sounded fatigued.

Heero just grunted and closed the front door behind them. Quatre hurried up to them, failing to notice Heero's suddenly pale complexion. Managing to school his features back into neutrality, Heero chose to ignore the blond, keeping his back to him, until he'd set his Koi safely on the couch.

Quatre figured out what Heero was doing; as much as he found it cute, he had no intention of…upsetting either by saying anything about it. He waited a moment while Heero got Wu Fei settled before approaching them. "Guys, have either of you seen Duo?"

He didn't miss the quick glance between both of them either. "Not since he came down for lunch. He was in his room before we went outside."

"Since you both neglected to inform Dou of our new orders when you where up there," Quatre gave the two Asians a mild glare. "I headed up to tell him but he wasn't in his room. I've searched the entire house, his bed's made, and his stuff is gone. Trowa's not seen him and says none of the equipments gone off."

The Asian's eye contact between each other lasted a touch longer this time. Wu Fei shook his head, "We didn't see him, but the equipment would have gone off if he'd gone far. You checked the area before the equipment?"

Quatre nodded, "The closes one's a foot away from the back steps; Trowa would have seen if anybody's gone beyond that point. They're also on the window's on both sides of the house."

Turning his back on the other two, Heero looked around the room, letting his thoughts process the possibilities. His eyes caught something flashing, which surprised him. "Quatre, did you know you've got mail?" he asked even as he moved over to the blonde's laptop.

"What? No, I didn't; must have missed it while I was looking for Duo." He leaned against the small desk, located between the staircase and the hallway, and behind the couch, much to Wu Fei's annoyance. "It's from Une:"

Restriction uplifted. Targets apprehended, the
mission's completed. I want you back at HQ
and in my office ASAP.
Out.
Une


"When was the message received?" Wu Fei asked once Heero was back with Trowa.

Looking at the date, Quatre replied, "Half an hour ago. Duo likely had his laptop set up in his room, and got the message as soon as it was sent. That would explain why he left. Though not how, or why he didn't tell us about it. It says ASAP."

Before either Oriental could start in on the braided boy, Trowa spoke up, "Isn't it obvious? She said the mission's complete. Duo's not a preventer, so the rest of her orders don't apply to him. He was only here for this specific mission. Not many knew where he was before, Une included. She had to call in a lot of favors, and make quite a few promises just to find him. Even then, she was told that Duo refused at first; fortunately, the next day the same informant gave Duo's acceptance and a number to reach him at."

Everything was silent as everybody took that in. "How do you know all that?" Heero spoke up, his curiosity, combined with his need to know how to locate the boy being too much for him.

Trowa gave a small shrug, and looked to be trying not to smile. "I'm her favorite." To which he was graced with varying degrees of incredulous stares. He did smirk this time, "Fine," he huffed. "I heard her ranting about it to Sally. I was on my way to confirm the supply list for this mission when I heard her."

"So you stopped to ease drop?" Quatre said, mildly teasing him.

Trowa shrugged, "Old habit."

"As far as how he got out, Duo's the stealth master. Even though he doesn't normally act like it, he has the skills to get past the limited equipment we had, if he really wanted to." Wu Fei spoke up, looking out the widow by the door; his neck had started complaining about being twisted around to face the others. Trying not to let his mind linger on exactly why Duo would want to sneak out without them knowing. He wasn't having much success.

Because he doesn't want us to find him; we couldn't find him before, why would now be any different? Does he know we were looking for him these last six months? Why is he even hiding from us? I want to believe he has good reason, yet he came on this mission, albeit reluctantly. Why is he avoiding us?

…Even during this mission, he was avoided us, though not obviously. Sitting in the back of the vehicles, making it easier for the couples that he shouldn't have known existed to stay together; we were grateful enough for it that we didn't question it. He had the only solo part of the mission, so he had no need for other's assistance with the preparations; might have also compromised his objectives, which none of us were willing to risk, so again, we didn't question his avoidance before the mission. After the mission, we were all exhausted; it was only natural for him to want to sleep. As none of us were particularly hungry, we didn't think he would be either. He took the only single bedroom; again, as couples we were grateful, and yet, he still shouldn't have known about either one. Questioning him would have brought those up, something Heero and I were uncertain we were ready to do, and so Duo had his own sanctuary to hide from us in.

He ignored us when he came back down-stairs, but we were too enthralled by his appearance to pay it much mind. The others might not have noticed, but he was aware we were watching him, and he never so much as looked in our direction. And then there's the music; something else to hide behind and to keep us away. …I still think that song's familiar, if I could just figure out why.

Wu Fei looked up, letting his thoughts fall away for now, and realized the others were no longer in the room. They'd left to start packing while he was so wrapped up in his thoughts. ~Heero?~ he reached out wearily.

~Upstairs. Don't even think of getting up. Trowa's packing up the equipment, and Quatre's getting their stuff together. What were you thinking so hard about Koi?~

Wu Fei winced and laid his head back on the couch's armrest. ~Duo, and why he'd not want us to know where he's going. Realizing how much he really did avoid us during this entire time, making his disappearance something to have been expected. *sigh* And we never really gave him any reason to stay so we could talk, or give any impression we wanted to talk to him.~

~Hindsight's always twenty-twenty. But I should have realized that sooner. …I was worried about him finding out about us, and then with the bedroom situation it was like he already knew. ……I never really relaxed around him while he was conscious, either.~

~Not that that was often. *groans* Do you realize what the last thing we said to him was?~

"You were insulting him, that's what."

Wu Fei looked up quickly, surprised not only by whom it came from and they'd been able to read his thoughts, but by his own actions. He found himself sitting with his head in his hands when before he was lying down. "Trowa? How…?"

"…You were muttering to yourself."

"Oh," he had the decency to lightly blush, though it was hidden behind his hands.

He watched as Trowa hauled the equipment he'd gathered from out front into boxes in the living room, before moving the boxes downstairs into the basement; an agent would come by later to pick it all up. Wu Fei continued to watch, his thoughts silent and still, as Trowa did the same with the equipment from out back. Their silence was both uncomfortable and not when Trowa went upstairs to help his one-handed boyfriend.

Wu Fei had been wondering if Trowa blamed him and Heero for Duo's leaving before Trowa went upstairs. He looked up as Heero came downstairs, both their bags in hand.

"I'll be back to help you to the van." he said on his way out, a hard look telling Wu Fei again, to not get up. ~Are you ok?~

~As well as can be expected, why?~

~You stopped in mid-thought, and didn't notice when I called to you.~

Wu Fei started sitting up and tried to situate himself before Heero came back, to make things easier. ~Sorry; Trowa came in and we spoke a few words,~ his chagrin obvious.

~Aa.~

Heero came back in, and adopted a reproachful expression when he saw Wu Fei's position. Wu Fei only offered a look in return that clearly said, "deal with it." Throwing one glance at the stairs, and thereby missing Wu Fei's smirk, Heero picked him up and carried him out to the waiting mini-van.

After making certain Wu Fei was settled in the front, Heero moved to the other side and started the van. He was halfway back to the house when Quatre and Trowa came out, Trowa with both their bags, and Quatre locking the front door. Shrugging slightly, Heero went back and sat in the drivers seat, waiting for the other two to get in and settled.

****


After their debriefing, Une left the four of them in her office while she stepped out to "collect a few items," she had said. All four had varying degrees of nervousness, though none could determine why. Possibly because Une wouldn't say who had found and apprehended the rouge targets.

Or maybe because Heero and Wu Fei both were worried over wanting to ask Une for the contact information she'd used to find Duo. Quatre was sensing their worry, there for being affected by it and making it his own; in turn, causing Trowa to worry about him. The initial worry stemmed from Une's reaction to finding out that Duo wasn't with them. That he'd left once she'd sent her message. Trowa pointed out the way she'd phrased it, like he had for the other ex-pilots, and she was furious. She'd meant for Duo to be here as well.

The four looked up as Une returned, locking her office door behind her. She had four vanilla folders in her hand, and had her face carefully neutral. Handing one to each agent, Une moved back to the front of her desk and leaned against it, facing the four. "Inside are pictures of the target's apprehension. Open them; I want your opinions and ideas."

Confused, the boys did as told, pulling out various photos of the four targets. Mildly horrified would have been an understatement; what the pictures held were grotesque, and turned each of the boy's stomachs.

"Please tell me they're dead…." Quatre managed to get out, though there was little doubt they were.

"Quite. One of our agents that were scouting the area around the safe house found them; their bodies were already cold. Forensics took those pictures. What I want to know, is who did this. Obviously it wasn't you four; do any of you recognize this technique? I'd wanted Duo especially for this; from what I recall, of the four of you, he used a more…street wise style."

"…Actually…this looks like Duo's style…." Heero stated; his voice was low, forcing the others to strain to hear it.

"You're not serious Heero?! Duo'd never go this far! I admit, there is a similarity, but this person took it much farther than Duo ever has." Quatre spoke up, somewhat indignant on his friend's behalf.

"Have you ever seen him pushed beyond his limits Quatre? Or severely pissed? You've seen what he could and did do on the battlefield, in the gundam. Why would he be any less capable out of it? We all had training for missions in and out of the gundams, Duo would be no different. Just because we've never personally witnessed his capabilities, doesn't mean he does not posses them." Wu Fei spoke up quietly, feeling himself defending Duo in some small way; possibly his skill and talent, even if this was the result of it.

"…You'll notice also that there's a slip of paper clipped to a picture of each target. It's a list of the weapons either carried on said person, or connected to said person through fingerprints. I am not saying that whoever did this to them was in the wrong or that it was not unjustified. All things considered, I find it hard to believe a single person, former Gundam pilot or not, could do this much damage, against such opposition.

"What I want to know is if there's somebody else out there that I have to worry about. With this kind of skill, I want to know if we have a possible liability or lunatic on the loose."

Trowa shook his head, "It is definitely Duo's style. But you are correct about their arsenal. …And I don't believe Duo got away unscathed, as you seem to be thinking." He fell silent, and after a moment realized that nobody else was going to pick it back up. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's not totally oblivious.

"As Quatre told us this morning, Duo didn't seem to be injured. He was going up the stairs, in and out of the basement, and then left for that walk. Neither Heero nor Wu Fei could see any signs of injury when we switched vehicles the night before.

"Yet when the two of them found Duo after the first e-mail, he was at the bottom of a hill slide, unconscious. Obviously battered and bloody, which he wasn't when he left. When they brought him back, Wu Fei found damaged ribs, gunshot wounds, and a couple broken toes. Yes," his voice firm as he glanced at Wu Fei, "you said the gunshot wounds looked to have been cleaned and a day old. But he wouldn't have been able to go walking, in socks no less, with two broken toes and no wrapping on them.

"Maybe he hurt himself in that fall, but do you honestly think he'd let that happen?"

"No. He fell there because he was exhausted, and limping. We saw that in his tracks; his feet were dragging. He was a good ways from the house too; when we found him, he had already started back to the house." Heero said, trying to not contemplate what this new information meant about that past situation. Not until he had time, and privacy enough, to really think about it.

Wu Fei found himself doing the same. "Is there a search for their attacker?"

Une shook her head once. "No. We had search notices out on them an hour before they were found. It took us that long to identify which bodies were missing. The agent that found them admits to getting an anonymous tip, letting him know the general area that the targets could be found; also, that they had been taken care of. I'll have him listen to a recording of Maxwell's voice, see if it's the same or not.

"We don't have enough incentive or evidence to go after whoever did this. There's been no information on anybody or groups with this kind of ability. As it is, things seem to be pointing towards Maxwell. He had the authorization to use such force if necessary; and it appears it was, if he was alone." Une closed her eyes, and seemed to be trying to steady herself. "There were too many footprints there for us to be certain if there were more than one against the targets.

"I shouldn't need to tell you four that this is all confidential. Not a word to anybody. If you see Maxwell, tell him I want to see him." With that, they were dismissed.

Placing the folders on Une's desk, Heero was the last to leave. Standing before the doorway, he turned to face Une. "Commander Une, we were wondering if you would give us the contact information you used to find Duo."

She seemed surprised, "You don't know how to find him yourself?"

If it irked him, Heero hid it well. "We were trying for a few months before now, with no success. We didn't even realize when he left today. Like we told you, we tried his cell phone, but its service has been canceled."

"Very well," she said, moving to her desk drawer. Looking through it, she found what she was looking for. A brown envelope, with the name "MAXWELL" printed on the bottom. "I don't know if it's still any good, but it can't hurt. Remember, I want a word with him if you find him." She said, passing the envelope to Heero.

Nodding as he accepted the envelope, "Yes ma'am. Thank you." Turning, he left and closed the door behind him. The others had gone on ahead to Sally's office. Tucking the envelope in the back pocket of his worn jeans, Heero headed in that direction as well. He couldn't help but notice that Sally and Une were the only stragglers still in the office. Well, it is nearing midnight….

~She gave me the contact information; I'm on my way to Sally's office now.~

~Good; the onna was…upset that you weren't here with us.~

Heero just chuckled, making sure Wu Fei could hear him. ~And you did nothing to provoke it, of course.~

~Of course not! I would never do something like that.~ Wu Fei tried to sound indignant, but his muffled laughter kind of ruined it.

He and the doctor had a strange friendship. One in which they tossed insults and constantly provoked and pestered each other. Their friendship was strong, though how bewildered most; Heero included. He could understand to a point. They enjoyed the other's company, and this was just how they showed their…friendship? Respect? One cannot confine a friendship into words; to do so would tarnish it, allowing it to loose its essence.

Heero shook his head and entered the office, bracing himself for Sally to start in on him. He just hopped she was too busy with Quatre's arm to notice his entrance.

****


They'd started the search for Duo as soon as Sally had dismissed them. As they were "reserve" agents, they weren't needed at headquarters daily, just when they were called in. So they had plenty of free time to search. Quatre and Trowa were helping with the search this time, too.

A search they'd been at for almost a month now. A month since the last time they'd seen Duo, a month since they'd last heard of him. The contact information Une had provided didn't help much, but it did give them a place to start. Not much more than that.

If Duo wanted to be found, he would be; if he didn't want to be found, he wouldn't be. He had to know by now that they were looking for him. None of the four could understand this. During the wars, Duo was always keen on having the five of them together in the same safe house, whenever plausible and possible.

Why now would he hide himself from them? He'd seemed fine during that last mission. When Quatre voiced this belief, Wu Fei explained to the other three his realization of how Duo had actually been avoiding them. Once it was pointed out, the others agreed as well.

Duo Maxwell was gone, and nobody seemed able to find him.

It was a week ago that Heero agreed with Wu Fei about telling Trowa and Quatre of the phone call he'd heard Duo make to "Lena." They agreed it was odd, and likely not suicidal. They also came to acknowledge that they were looking for Duo Maxwell, or an alias that suited him. With the new knowledge of the phone call, it was pointed out that Duo, as they knew him, might in fact no longer be. If he was truly so intent to hid from them, then he would have changed everything about himself. This gave the ex-pilots pause. If Duo was honestly so desperate to stay away from them, did they really have any right to track him down and force themselves in his life?

Heero brought up the point that, though Duo has the right to tell them to stay away, they have the right to know why. Every impression Duo had given them was that they were friends; friends don't do this sort of thing to each other. They don't ignore each other, avoid a problem and hope it'll go away; they discuss it, work it out. If whatever problem Duo has with them cannot be dealt with, if they had no chance of staying the friends that he pretended to be, then they would respect his wishes. The others agreed.

****


Heero was staring at his laptop; not with a type of appreciation one would expect, considering how much time he's been known to spend on it; not with neutrality either. But with complete loathing. The thing that had helped him so much during the war was now doing little more than frustrate him. It was doing little to nothing to help with their search, and Heero had just spent the last fifteen hours on it, to no avail. He was no further in the search than before.

Wu Fei had tried to pry him away, but the belief he had a lead would not let Heero waver. Though disappointed with the failure, Wu Fei was relieved that Heero was off the blasted thing. Must be how Duo felt during the war, Wu Fei realized.

"Heero, there's some lunch in the kitchen. Come on," Wu Fei gently guided Heero into the kitchen, hopping to keep him from the violence he seemed dangerously close to.

Quatre looked up from his place at the wooden table and gave Wu Fei a questioning look. Wu Fei shook his head, letting the blonde know they'd not found anything.

The kitchen was spacious, as one would expect of a Winner residence. It wasn't, thankfully, one of the massive mansions. Just a smaller version; two stories, plus an attic and basement. The live in servants had been sent to the Winner mansion not three hours away; the boy's kept it in good condition while they stayed there. Quatre had insisted on the four living together during the search, and the three found it hard to argue with him.

The kitchen, with the cooking area to the left of the door, and a small brunching area to the right, was still a chief's dream come true. There was a bar separating the kitchen from the walk-in area between itself and the door, with build in stools. The wooden table to the right was large enough to seat up to eight people; rectangular in shape, it stood with its longer side towards the door's wall.

Trowa was in the kitchen filling drinks, lemonade from the tang in the air. There was a plate full of different sandwiches already on the table. Heero took a seat facing Quatre, his back to the door, while Wu Fei went to help Trowa carry the drinks.

Trowa and Wu Fei had had a talk shortly after moving in.

~~~~


Wu Fei, still concerned over Trowa's comment back at the safe house, sought him out after everybody had had a chance to settle in. He knew it was true, had acknowledged it back at the safe house; but he did not want there to be any strife between the four of them, especially now.

"Trowa, may I speak with you for a moment?" he'd found him in the study, helping Quatre set up a search on the house's central computer.

He seemed surprised at the request, but agreed. "I'll be back later Quatre," to which Quatre only nodded, engrossed in the search program. Trowa motioned for Wu Fei to lead the way.

Which he did. They wound up in the small library downstairs. "What's bothering you Wu Fei?"

"…I've been wondering about what you said, before we left the safe house." Trowa had a confused look in his eyes, though he kept his face passive. "That we, Heero and I, had insulted Duo. I know we were, I'm not trying to deny it," he quickly said, before Trowa got a different impression.

Trowa nodded, though still confused.

"You seemed…distant afterwards. Put-off almost. I…wanted to make certain of your… feelings…on the matter. Whether or not you blamed the two of us for Duo's leaving…." He trailed off, more than a little embarrassed at his admission and question.

Trowa was surprised, to say the lest, and it showed on his face. He sat there in silence for a moment, trying to piece together what exactly Wu Fei was saying. He gave a small, reassuring smile, "No Wu Fei, I do not blame either of you for Duo leaving us. As you've pointed out earlier, he probably had no intention of staying to begin with. Actually, regardless of his intention, we all likely had a hand in his not staying longer. None of us exactly gave him a reason to stay. Whatever reason he had for disappearing at the end of the war must still be with him; or he's put it to rest and had a life to get back to."

"…You're not worried that we should not be looking for him then?"

Trowa smirked, "No. We may have given no reason for him to stay this time, but he did give us the indication that he wanted all of us together, at the least close, by the end of the war. Whatever changed his mind, has affected us all. Might sound selfish, but we do have a right to know why."

Wu Fei nodded his head in agreement, relief flooding him inside. Not just because it was cleared up, but also because I'm not the only one who feels this may be selfish, and finding it hard to care. He was smiling when he brought his head back up.

He could see a gleam in Trowa's eyes, and was certain his own were similar. Resolve renewed, the two had also strengthened a friendship and bond that regretfully didn't have much previous use. Time had worn it down, not constant exercise; but renewed as it was, the two subconsciously vowed to not let that happen a second time.

~~~~


Heero resisted the urge to lay his head down; his anger and frustration were quickly turning into fatigue. Instead he forced himself to reach for one of the sandwiches and to eat it. Even so, his eyes were half-lidded, constantly trying to droop completely closed. He stirred a bit at Wu Fei's elbow in his side, but it didn't last. He managed to finish half of his sandwich before he knew he couldn't fight it anymore.

~Wu Fei? I'm going to bed…~ He didn't have enough energy to care that his voice sounded…near dead.

Wu Fei, however, was stunned. I knew he'd pushed it, but not that badly! After really looking at him, Wu Fei realized Heero would be lucky to make it to the staircase without collapsing. And he's about as stubborn as I am about being carried. Looking towards the couple across from him, noting that Heero was almost out the kitchen door, "We're going to turn in early." He saw understanding in both boys' eyes before he turned and followed behind his drained boyfriend.

They managed to get to their room on the second story with minimal difficulties. Wu Fei kept his left arm around Heero's back, giving support and making certain he didn't pass out.

Closing the door behind him, Wu Fei went over to the window in the opposite wall. Heero was already sitting on their queen-size bed, located in the left-hand corner nearest the door. They kept the room simple, though considering it's one of Quatre's homes, that wasn't saying much. There was a double desk on the opposite wall, lined up with the beds, a bookcase and some shelves next to them. Beside the bed was the usual nightstand and reading lamp, one chest of drawers meant for "junk," and the walk-in closet's door. The final wall had the window, angled so the rising sun would wake the bed's inhabitants if the curtains weren't drawn. There were two dressers to the right of the window, one for each of the boy's clothing.

Checking the locks on the window, Wu Fei stared out at the late afternoon sky. Voice resigned, Wu Fei spoke up without turning to face his other. "Heero, when was the last time you…."

Heero cut him off, his voice weary but determined, "Just a couple of days. Would you please close the curtains?" He already had the sheets pulled back and was ready to lie down.

"Heero," Wu Fei gave a small sigh, but did as requested. "You've been pushing yourself too much to be so careless. You can't go for so long, not with the…stress you've given yourself, nor the expectations. You're doing too much to not…."

Again, Heero cut him off, "I know Wu Fei; just haven't had time too. Got that lead, and didn't want to risk loosing it."

By this time, Wu Fei was sitting on the bed too, facing Heero. Heero looked about ready to just collapse, and could hardly keep his head up. He could tell though that Wu Fei was not happy. Through his exhaustion, Heero knew Wu Fei had a right to be; he also knew that Trans was going to flay him for being so negligent. So long as he doesn't accuse or blame Wu Fei for it, I'll deal with it when it comes.

Slightly appalled at the lethargy he could see in Heero's eyes, Wu Fei conceded that sleep was the best choice for the moment. Motioning for Heero to lie down, Wu Fei slipped off his blue muscle shirt, but left the loose blue jeans alone. Heero had taken off his own black t-shirt before sitting down, leaving him in a pair of snug blue jeans.

Lying down behind him, Wu Fei wrapped his arms around Heero, pulling his back against him. He let go for a moment to pull the covers over them, but quickly renewed his hold. He tucked Heero's head beneath his chin, sighing as he felt one of Heero's hands cover his own. "Sleep love; I'm waking you up in a few hours so we can go out."

He felt Heero nod his head, his hair tickling him slightly. With a small smile on his lips, Wu Fei set his internal clock to wake him in a few hours. Soon after, he followed Heero in sleep.

To Be Continued….