Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ History of Blue Eyes ❯ Agent Sky ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: History of Blue Eyes
Author: Something Like Human
Rating: PG13
Warnings: Post EW, Preventers, Author resurrection of characters and tweaking of history/timeline, nothing but strong friendship/brotherhood between the pilots (as in if you want to see hints of anything more, squint really, really hard. Sorry yaoi-ophiles.)
Notes: Sorry it's taken me a year to write this. IRL has been very busy. This chapter is almost totally exposition…sorry no action. My supreme apologies for not writing sooner.
 
 
So here I sat in a slightly wobbly desk chair that squeaked as I twisted it around slowly. I was taking my time looking to those left in the room. Zechs leaned against a desk with his arms crossed looking impatient. Noin was seated in another office chair looking like a harried mother of triplets. Agents Day and Rock were just standing to either side of me dividing their attention between watching me and the door.
It was almost unbelievable that one of Une's top Preventers was my little protégé. Then again, the boy was my protégé; he was quite capable of surviving to reach adulthood. The question of how, though, was still ringing in my mind. All records showed that no child left the colony after the attack when I hacked their system. Albeit, it was a while after we were separated when I was able to do that.
Moments later, the Lady herself came running into the room. “Lowe, I see you've been busy on your first day.”
“My life's never dull,” I retort.
“I think you'll have some explaining to do,” Une stated coolly. “Preventer Sky would have only been about 8 years old when you supposedly died on that satellite.”
“Wasn't that the one General Treize's mobile suit got shot down?” Zechs asked looking at Noin.
“Yeah, he jumped in front of me to stop me from being hit by the blast caused by…” Noin stops in thought for a moment and shock is evident on her face. “The blast was caused by a little boy.”
“That would have been Junior,” I explain. “He was my partner on that little adventure.”
“Dude…did you know that you shot Treize years before the war started?”
I had to look over Une's shoulder to see that Agents Night and Sky had returned. I could see my young protégé regard the exuberant Agent Night like he said something asinine and then respond icily, “I didn't care at the time who I was shooting at. It was my last job before the old man was ditching me. I found out later that I was the only one who held up their end of the deal, since he supposedly died before he took out his mark.”
“You saw me, kid, we were set up,” I explained. “I was shot up like Swiss cheese. I was just lucky in the fact that someone found me in that uniform we stole and took me to the hospital thinking I was one of their troops.”
“Lucky you.”
“Now Heero, give the man a break! He was shot!” The brown haired Preventer exclaimed.
“No he is right. I told him that I was leaving him on the colony to live his own life.” I paused a moment finally processing what the young man had said. “Did you just call him Heero?”
Une cleared her throat and held up her hand not allowing anyone else to speak. “Agent Sky's code name during the wars was `Heero Yuy'. He has chosen to continue using that name.”
“Heero Yuy… How strangely ironic,” I mused out loud. “So you go by Heero, Junior. I guess that's better than having everyone call you Junior.”
“Junior is not my name,” The young man replies with eyes just as cold as they were when he was a small child.
“No, I'll give you that. `Junior' is usually only used when you share the exact same name as your father and you don't.” I watched him for a minute while he thought about what I told him. I had always called him `Junior' when we were together even though that really was not his name. He did not like it when he was a child and I could tell that he still did not like it as an adult.
“You say that like you know what his name was before,” the stern looking Asian youth accused. “As far as anyone of us knows, he was a war orphan much like Agents Rock and Night.”
“Junior… I mean Heero,” I corrected myself. “Was never an orphan. He still isn't.”
“What do you mean?” Junior growled at me. Heero, I had to really think to remember to call him Heero. He pushed past Commander Une so he could stare me in the eyes.
“The name on your birth certificate reads `Odin Hiroshi Lowe'.”
“Why should he believe you?” The short-haired blonde demanded. I could understand their apprehension with me. They had no reason to believe me.
“So you're saying that you're really his Dad?” Agent Night inquired looking between Heero and me. The wiry young man leaned in close looking like he was trying to perform a retinal scan on us or something. That young man has no sense of person space or something. “Hey, they've got the same eyes!”
“If you want proof, I'll give you a contact in the records department at the hospital in Japan where he was born,” I offered. I doubted that they would believe even that though.
“Japan? I thought he was from L1,” the proximity-impaired youth gasped. “I thought he was a colonist.”
“Odin is from L1, a colonist,” Heero explained. “That is why I just assumed that was where I was from. We moved around too much to call anywhere else home.”
I nodded. The boy was correct. “I was a colonist but your mother is Earth-side born and bred.”
A silence descended in the room. I looked at the other Preventer's faces and tried to read their expressions. For the most part, all I saw was disdain and distrust. I finally looked back at Commander Une. She just shook her head.
“I think whatever needs said requires Lowe and Yuy some privacy. I know the rest of you need to get back to your case load,” she commanded. She turned to my son and me and continued, “There is a conference room down the hall that is not being used. Feel free to make use of it if you need it.”
 
tbc