Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Homework-Mysteries-And Mayhem. ❯ What you need to know./The countdown. ( Chapter 23 )

[ A - All Readers ]

So they next day they got their instructions and directions as to where to go.
 
It was going to rain soon hence the underground arena.
 
They were back at the locker area from before.
 
J: There was supposed to be others here with me, But they could not make it...so i'm in charge.
 
Announcer Guy comes in.
 
Announcer Guy: Alright you will reffer to me as A.G clear.
 
Duo to others slightly whispering: So he has a name!
 
Trowa same tone: Quiet.
 
J: You each report to your locker room and select your fighting costume.
And you..*Points to Quatre* should not be here.
 
A.G.: I'll show you where you should go.
 
Quatre: I'm staying.
 
J: Fine Fine...Just stay out of the way. I don't need any more things to go astray.
 
So they each took their doors and went in. While Quatre waited in the hall.
**********************************
So a little while later they re-met up at another locker area. If you left said room and went left not too far away would be a big door. There was a identical room across from theirs. 5 people per room. Example, If you left that room and went right you get to said door.
 
10 people were in the one on the right, Waiting for J to come in...It would be about half an hour.
**********************************
So they split into little groups or duo's to talk amongst themselves.
 
~At half an hour until fight time.~
 
Naturally the 5 of them were in a corner area away from the rest.
 
Duo: Again why the costume?
 
Heero: It's for the audience mainly...more entertaning for them with these sort of things.
 
Duo: Thats messed up man.
 
Heero: Thats just how it is.
 
~23 minutes until fight time.~
 
Heero: Todays matches will only show what we can do as fighters. So in two days the 'audience' can make bets and such.
 
Wufei: That is not just.
 
Heero: Everything lies in the tag-team. Then at the end of that the last team standing has to fight their partner.
********************************
Else where.
 
Trieze: Ready to go Zechs?
 
Zechs: Yes. Do you think we'll get there on time?
 
Trieze: We'd better.
*********************************
Back on Epyon island.
 
~19 minutes until fight time.~
 
Trowa: You said you won last time right?
 
Heero: Yes,and to answer your next question..Chi was my partner and in the end i won.
 
Duo: I thought there was a weapon selection?
 
 
Heero: There will be soon.
 
 
~10 minutes until fight time.~
 
Heero: Remember this...even though the rules say no killing...some of them will try and kill you...also watch out for your fighting partner whoever you get....if it's not someone you know...they will more than likely try and kill you.
 
 
Quatre: The match-up's. How are they selected?
 
 
Heero: Well..there are 5 judges hidden somewhere around the area. And they pass out who fights who. Although for the audience..they think it's random pairings.
 
 
~7 minutes until fight time.~
 
Duo: Sooo....how much longer?
 
Heero: 7 minutes.
 
 
~ 5 minutes until fight time.~
 
 
Chi and Heero are off to the side.
 
Chi: I know you cheated last year.
 
Heero: Why can't you accept the fact that you lost.
 
Chi: There's no way! I could've lost to a runt like you!
 
Heero goes to walk back to the others, Except Chi grabs his shoulder.
 
Chi: If i kill you now..it will save a mess later.
 
Heero then without turning around, Elbows him in the stomach then raises his fist at his face,Thus sending him into nearby wall about two inches away.
 
By know everyone was looking and a couple of them were laughing at Chi for getting beat up so easy.
 
Duo: Dude what happened?
 
Heero: Hn..Sore loser.
 
Chi: I will kill you!
 
Heero: Whatever.
 
~ 3 minutes until fight time.~
 
Trowa: That guy hates you.
 
Heero: Yeah. He thinks i cheated when i beat him last.
 
~ 1 minute until fight time.~
 
Heero: Get ready.
 
A.G's voice comes in over the loud speaker.
 
"Report to the door as you exit and go left".
 
So the all got up and went to said door.
 
Wufei: This door will lead to the arena?
 
Heero: First it goes through a small weapon hall then the arena.
 
So they arrived at the door and only A.G. was there.
 
A.G.: J had to attend to some buisness,so i will see to it that you get your weapons and such.
 
So the giant doors opened and they went through and got their weapon of choice.
 
Chi got a pair of golden knuckles.
 
Li picked a pair of brass knuckles.
 
Matt got a pair of pistols and a lasso.
 
Jekyl got a switchblade pocket knife and a simple gun.
 
Baek picked up a spiked red whip.
 
Wufei picked up a sword that looked simialer to his at home. Smooth and slender.
 
Tor picked up quite a few knives of diffrent shapes and length.
 
Trowa picked up some Throwing stars and a couple of shuriken.
 
Duo found a scythe. And if you press a button in the middle another,one would come up opposite at the bottom.
 
Heero had gotten a sword and a concealable gun.
 
A.G. was checking off everything and now they were ready to go.
 
A.G.: Well are you set with your weapons?
 
Everyone nodded a yes.
 
A.G.: Alright.
 
He stepped back and another set of giant doors opened up to reveal the arena. And two dugouts. They were informed that 5 of them were to go to the one on the left and the other 5 to the one on the other side of the arena. Heero,Duo,Trowa,Matt,Quatre and Wufei were in one. And Tor,Li,Chi,jekyl,And Baek were in the other.
 
They walked through the doors and the audience stands/seat were beyond full.
And they were all cheering.
 
A.G. had disappeared to the commenters/announers box.
 
A.G.: Alright its time to begin!
 
~Fight Time~.
****************************
Rogues fun facts.
 
Rogue: The internet connection went out at 4:10 pm last friday i think. It was the day RW869 was going to post this chap.. But finish it first of course.
 
RogueWarrior869: I forgot it was going to go out any time...and my mother/grandmother had set up for a switch in ISP's....
 
Rogue: More importantly than blaming the authors bad memory. The chap is here.
 
RW869: Thanx Rogue!
 
Rogue and Rogue: Later!