Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ How Do I Get There ❯ How Do I Get There ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hi everyone; I'm back and ready to torture you some more!! Aren't you excited. Anyway, this is yet another 1x2 songfic. It's good though, I promise. The song is (obviously) How Do I Get There, but Deanna Carter. Yes, I know it's country, but it's a good song, and the lyrics fit. So there.

Disclaimer: Yeah, I own everything. (note the sarcasm)

()

Heero walked soundlessly down the hallway, following the noises that were flowing through the house. As he neared the door to Duo and his room, he heard the American's voice mixing with the music he had playing on their stereo system.

"We've always been the best of friends-

No secrets and no demands.

But suddenly from somewhere out of the blue,

I see a different light around you."

Heero carefully pushed open the door and peered into the room. The corner of his lips lifted slightly as he watched his roommate dance to the music.

"One thing, I haven't told you-

I just wanna hold you, and never let go~o.

I need to kno~ow."

Heero leaned against the wall and relaxed as he let Duo's suprisingly good voice wash over him.

"How do I get there from here?

How do I make you see?

How do I tell you what my heart's been tellin' me?

Lost in your lovin' arms- that's where I wanna be,

Heero's lips quirked a bit as Duo picked up a hairbrush and began singing into it. Music was a completely unnecessary waste of time, but he had to admit that he enjoyed watching Duo sing.

"You'll probably think I've lost my mind,

Takin' this chance, crossin' that line.

But I promise to be truer than true,

Dreamin' every night with these arms around you."

Duo spun around as he danced and caught sight of his roommate leaning on the wall next to the door. He faltered for a second, then noticed that Heero looked almost...relaxed. He grinned and continued singing.

"I cant, wait any longer-

This feelin's getting stronger...

Help me find a wa~ay.

How do I get there from here?

How do I make you see?

How do I tell you what my heart's been telling me?

Lost in your lovin' arms- that's where I wannna be.

You know I love you,

How do I get there?"

Heero watched Duo as he sang. /To him/ his mind added. The Japanese pilot's breath hitched. Duo was singing *to him*.

"The shortest distance between two pointsis a, straight, line, but,

I'll climb any mountain that you want me to climb.

The perfect combination is your, heart and mine,

Darlin' won't you give me a sign?"

Duo was waging a battle with himself. 'What are you doing, Duo? This is not good...' warned his mind. 'Oh, shut up!' yelled his heart. 'This feels right.'

"How do I get there from here?

How do I make you see?

How do I tell you what my heart's been tellin' me?

Lost in your lovin' arms- that's where I wanna be.

You know I love you,

How do I get there?"

Heero had to force himself to breathe normally as the braided boy danced his way over to him.

"How do I get there from here?

How do I make you see?

How do I tell you what my heart's been tellin' me?

Lost in your lovin' arms- that's where I wanna be,

You know I love you-

How do I get there?"

Duo grinned at Heero as he danced and pushed all his uncertainties aside.

"From here....

You know I love you-

How do I get, there?

From here....

You know I love you..."

Heero watched in fascination as Duo stopped dancing and stood in front of him while the music trailed off.

Duo's smile was gone, replaced instead by an expression of seriousness as he let the implications of the lyrics set in on both of them.

Heero stared at Duo as he blinked a few times. After a few moments of silence, the found themselves unconsciously leaning forward. Duo stopped a few centimeters from Heero, feeling the other pilot's breath puff across his lips.

"Do you really want his, Hee-chan?"

Duo's next thoughts were cut off by the feel of the Japanese boy pressing his lips to his in a gentle, but passionate kiss. Duo responded in kind and deepened the kiss, delighting in the taste of him. When they finally broke apart, both boys were breathless.

Heero was the first to recover. "Did you mean it, Duo?"

Duo looked at him. "Always."

Heero smiled and leaned in for another kiss.

()

Well, what did you guys think? I was just listening to this CD as I read fanfic, and it hit me that this kind of fit their situation. Not perfectly, down to the last word, but extremely close, and the idea behind it was the same. So, I wrote this in about 40 minutes, and I'm very glad, because it got me out of my slump. *snort* You should see some of the work I've been #trying# to do. Then again, maybe you shouldn't. Anyway, constructive criticism is highly appreciated. Ja!!