Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ I Dont Have to Wonder ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This one has been coming to me for the past few days, so I may know what to plan out. Gonna contain death and suicide (First time doing something like this.) Shounen-ai references but nothing major. Heero's POV. Please review.

Pairing: 2+1 1xR

Disclaimer: I dont own Gundam Wing and it's owned by Bandai, Sotsu, and Sunrise. Garth Brooks also has ownership of the song.

I Dont Have to Wonder by vegitoth

//Drove to the church
In my suit and tie
But I just couldn't bring myself
To go inside

So I sat alone
In my truck across the street
Watched that chauffeur smokin' cigarettes
By that long white limousine//

I drive my truck to a small church in my tuxedo for my wedding to Duo, but all of a sudden I dont have any courage to go in that church, my mind is still thinking of Relena. One of my friends shot her during a speech to which caused her death, ever since then I've been with Duo, but I wasn't sure why I was with him in the first place; was it only to make the pain go away? I didn't know even that question. But the pleasure out of my pain for Relena felt so good, it almost felt like I was ready to move on. But now as I sit in my pickup truck, I find that the pain comes back to me, even worser than before. The pain so depressing, my mind and heart keep telling me that he's no good for me, maybe I've been wanting to listen to the both of them, I should've known that he would be no good for me in the first place.

But I can imagine what's been going on over there at church, people getting worried about me not showing up, I see the guests leaving out of there, but most of all I can see Duo shedding a tear of a broken heart. But as my own tear falls, I hear the bells ringing like thunder rolling, the doors opening with the guests walking out of the church in an angry mood, I wont have to wonder about them anymore.

//I could just imagine
What was goin' on in there
Sunlight streamin' through the stained glass
And those flowers in her hair

And in less time that it takes a tear to fall
Those bells rang loud as thunder
As they opened up the doors
Now I don't have to wonder anymore//

The last person I see walking out, is the man I dont even really love, he is crying into Quatre's chest because of me. But somehow as the blonde sees me, I'm as gone as a rabbit. I dont even know where I'm driving to, but I guess destiny is begging me to go over to where I'm going. As I drive faraway into the sunset, I begin to think about my life from the past few years, the love of my life died right in front of me and I couldn't do anything about it because I was shocked at the fact that one of my fellow pilots betrayed me and shot her, Duo started a relationship with me when I didn't even want to be loved anymore but I couldn't find the words to turn him down either 'cause I knew he was only trying to be nice and help me with what I went through. I may not know why all of it happened but somehow I want it all to stop, I want to end this pain for good. As I park to a lonely bridge that had a waterfall behind it, I make my way to the center of that bridge and I pull out a little black box that contains a diamond ring. Now I stand on this bridge muttering to myself "This ring should've been for you, Relena, not Duo, I didn't even want his love, but I accepted it like a selfish whore. But now this ring is an example of a wasted love that I dont deserve." I throw the ring to the river and watch it falling down to the sea.

//Laughin' and a cryin'
Tossin' that bouquet
And when you got in that limo
I drove off the other way

And I still don't know
Why things happened like they did
But I parked that old pickup
On that lonesome river bridge

I took your ring from my pocket
And I held it one last time
Watched that diamond sparkle
I drew back and I let it fly//

Putting myself to weeping tears, I go to my pickup to get my trusted pistol, and now I go to the top of the waterfall to bring back one of the old missions of my days as a Perfect Soldier. It was the kind of mission that I always failed because of my hidden emotions, but as I bring myself back to being The Perfect Soldier I now know I have unfinished business to do. As the trigger goes off beside my head and find myself falling to that riverbank I mutter the last few words on my breath "Mission Accomplished."

Epilouge: A news helicopter irronically captured the suicide of The Perfect Soldier and it was leaked to the press. The news struck Heero's friends especially to Duo who turned himself in after admitting to the police about the murder of Relena Peacecraft a day later, the judge then gave Duo life imprisoment but he also committed suicide five years later. In the after life, God cleansed Heero of his sins of murder and wrongful lust and was reunited with his true love once more. Heero's friends have moved on now that they found a new pilot for the Wing Zero just in case that one day, the Gundam pilots would rise again.

//And in less time that it takes a tear to fall
Oh that old ring went under
And now it's gone for sure
And I don't have to wonder anymore

Well the angels sang like thunder
As I felt myself go under
Now I don't have to wonder anymore//