Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ I Pray ❯ I Pray ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Gundam boyz, they belong to their respected creators, Hajime Yatate and Yoshiyuki Tomino. Don't sue, I'm broke.
Note: Implied slash and thoughts of suicide. (Always a downer except for the angst fans.)
Summary: I decided not to add a chapter to So Far Away so I'm doing a sequel. Quatre has died and Trowa is seriously depressed. What happens when Duo tries to comfort him? Read the whole thing, don't skim through it. It might not be what you think. Italics are Trowa's thoughts.

I Pray


A faint knock on my bedroom door startles me and I nearly fall off the bed.
"Trowa?"
I'd recognize that voice from a million miles away.
"Trowa, can I come in?"
The darkness engulfs me like a blanket; I feel a million miles away.

I slouch down to the foot of the bed and stare at the beams of light that filter in from the windows. The door opens and the American's head pops in.
"Hi Duo," I whisper coldly.
He shuffles over to the bed and looks at me; sorrow written on his face.
"Trowa," he places a hand on my shoulder and I move away, my boots scraping the wooden floor.
Please go away.

"I came to talk to you," he sits on the bed I used to share with my Quatre, my angel. He grunts deep in his throat, "It wasn't your fault you know."
I bury my face in my hands and my voice is muffled, "I don't want to talk about it."
Why won't they just leave me alone?

Duo slumps down to the floor to sit next to me and laces an arm around my shoulder.
Don't they understand that it was my fault? Don't they know I can't sleep at night?

"Trowa," he begins timidly, tightening his grip on my shoulder. "It wasn't your fault. You know that there's always a chance one of us may never come back from a mission."
But why did I come back? Why couldn't I have been the one that died?

"Why won't any of you just leave me alone," I finally ask. "Don't you understand that he was my best friend?"
And my lover, but the word sounds different now.

I look at Duo. I've hurt him, he tries to hide it, but his eyes betray him.
Duo I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you.

I try to form words; try to apologize, but my mouth is dry.
"I wish I had died with him Duo, I wish he was the one sitting here right now instead of me," I realize that I'm shouting now, my voice echoes throughout the room.
"Trowa, you know if that had been the outcome he would have been sitting here saying the same thing," he says calmly.
I realize Duo is right; I bury my face in my hands.
God, Quatre I miss you.

What God? What God would take Quatre away from me? My hands are wet and I realize that I'm crying. Duo draws me close to him and I cry harder. My body wracks with sobs and I'm shaking.
Quatre, I realize no matter how hard I cry or how much I pray, I can never bring you back.