Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Ice Blue Eyes ❯ Questions and Answers ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Nope. Don't own Gundam Wing or it's characters. Any original characters, however, are by me or have been used with the permission or their creator, so please: NO SUING!!

Summary:

Ice Blue Eyes

Chapter One Questions and Answers

"One ticket to earth please."

It all started with that decision to finally go back to the blue planet from which all life stemmed. The same planet where everything began. The planet called Earth.

The woman at the counter barely glanced at me as she handed me the ticket in exchange for the money I held in my hands. It was as simple as that. Without so much as a that you, I was off, clutching my duffel bag and striding purposefully in the direction of the shuttle that would take me where I had been fated to meet my "someone just for me" as the Chobits manga called it. I called it stupid and something made up for stories and such, but that was before I looked into those emerald eyes, truly and deeply. For the second time.

But let me start again. No doubt you're a tad confused. Yes, I'll start where I left off before…

As I waited to board the shuttle, I couldn't quite ignore the growing feeling of trepidation that had somehow made its way into my stomach and plagued the back of my mind. My countenance showed none of that however, letting nothing pass through the blasé façade I had picked up from the long years of the war three years finished. No doubt my brother was concerned, as would my sisters be, but I made it my priority-no, my mission-to avoid them at all costs. But unfortunately, this is not meant to be. Lifting my head up to hear them announce that boarding had begun, I grabbed my only possession and trudged on board. A decision that would forever change my life.

"I'm sorry," a soft voice apologized as I felt a tap on my shoulder. Removing the headphones from my ears, I cracked open an ice-colored eye to look over the young blonde looking at me. "But I don't suppose you'd mind if I sat here next to you for the duration of the trip? I'm afraid all the seats have been taken." Sure enough, when I poked my head up from the top of the seats in front of me, all the rest of the seats she could've possibly taken were already taken. With a sigh, I waved my hand to the seat next to me and looked out the window hoping to make my point quite clear to the young girl.

I could here her smile and stow her baggage away in the compartment above. I paid her no mind for most of the trip. …That is to say, until she fell asleep. Then she was subject to my gaze.

Upon closer examination, I realized why she looked so very familiar. `This is the Vice Foreign Minister,' I thought, holding back a gasp, though I did allow a pencil thin eyebrow to raise a millimeter. `Now, now brother…tsk tsk tsk…I thought she was your charge. What the hell is she doing on this shuttle?' Looking around, I wondered how no one could see through her guise. Sure she had on hot pink highlights, green contacts and dark sunglasses, but surely these people can see through that?!! I wondered how dense people truly were, but then I started to kick myself. `Not everyone was forced to go through training as intense as yours. Nor were they ever made to see everything and piece together pieces of an unknown puzzle daily.' Yea, that explained it all. But even in her stonewashed jeans and tight pink tee, she was still Relena Darlian.

Said VFM woke up approximately twenty-seven minutes later when were we about twenty minutes from landing.

"Have a good sleep Minister?" I asked loud enough for only her to hear. My monotone way of speaking was not entirely dead, nor was it completely useless. It certainly hid my amusement from the confused VFM. She put a finger to her lips, an action I caught when I looked up from my thick novel-War and Peace-a belated birthday gift from my idiot older-half brother.

"Please, I don't want to be found out," she whispered into my ear.

"Why Minister, your secret's safe with me. But," I said, smirking as I enjoyed the miniscule second of fear pass through her eyes. [Oh yes, I'm truly evil]. "Would you care to tell me why you've been traipsing through the colonies unaccompanied for the past month?"

A barely audible gasp escaped her lips while I looked on, amusement leaking through my twinkling eyes. "Something amiss, Minister?"

I could feel her mentally shake herself-ah what a joy being an empath can be at times! "H-how did you know my whereabouts of the past month?"

"Oh my dear Minister," I started as I marked the page of my book, "how can I not? But first things first," I said removing my reading glasses and extending a pale hand forward, "My given name is Anrui Shino, but I prefer being called An. What shall I call you Miss Darlian," I whispered.

Relena cleared her throat and shook my hand, speaking to me in a normal voice. "Please, call me Rel or Lena."

I smiled and grasped her hand firmly a final time before letting go. "Pleasure, Lena.

"And as an answer to your question: first of all, as I took note the moment you arrived, your bag that you so quickly stowed in the overhead compartment looks well worn. Besides that it isn't one of the Coach bags that you usually travel with on a business trip. Second, you're wearing plain clothes of a normal civilian. Even though it's possible to be going something like undercover, I know that you always, always, always travel in your own private shuttle. Lastly, you were the only one around. I took account of no other person that had arrived at the same time as you when you so randomly appeared beside me," I said, looking out the window again, but she apparently wasn't down with her questions.

"But…how did...you know all that? The only person I know that could possibly even figure out all this is…is…"

"Heero Yuy?" I supplied, again taking pleasure in her wide open mouth. "Really, Lena, as a lady, I know you know it's rude to keep your mouth hanging out." She promptly closed her mouth and whispered fiercely into my ear, "How do know Heero Yuy?"

With a smirk I leaned back and closed my eyes, "Heero Yuy, my friend, is my brother."