Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Inochi ❯ Escape into the Wild Unknown ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagayaku: Hiyos All! This is my first attempt at just a Gundam Wing fanfic, especially one a bit more serious. So we'll see how it goes. Hopefully I can keep up with it and my other fanfic…hehe. Oh! I don't own Gundam Wing…R&R and let me know what you think! =)

The thick stone walls echoed the irregular sound of moans and screams down the dark lifeless maze of hallways.

Ayako Kasamatsu pried her eyes open slowly, the shackles that held her arms above her head keeping her from stretching out her tired, sore limbs. It had been on hell of a night and she was beginning to wonder if her associates had forgotten her.

She licked her cracked drying lips and scoffed.

"Oh I'm sure they haven't forgotten me. No" She scowled, "They abandoned me. I've been so stupid. I thought that they were actually working to protect the earth, instead they were just power hungry fools." Clenching her fist she let her nails bite into her skin, the slight pain only serving to feed her anger.

Someone screamed down the corridor shaking her out of her reverie. She sighed and leaned her head back against the wall. "What am I doing, I'm a better solider than this. Getting angry and plotting revenge isn't going to do me any good. My main thought now should be to get out of here. Obviously my "friends" aren't going to help me, so I need to take the information I have straight to the Preventors." Tugging at her bonds she tried, unsuccessfully, to twist her hand out or dislodge the chain. "It's crucial that these plans reach them. The fate of millions of lives depends on it."

A door slammed and four sets of footsteps marched simultaneously down the hall. The cell door creaked open and four men walked in. Two split off to the sides, eyes front and guns held up at their chests. One stood by the door leaning against it with his arms folded across his chest, and the final man walked forward and stood in front of her. He was dressed in high-ranking uniform. He was fairly young but the smirk on his face said that he wasn't exactly a rookie.

Ayako narrowed her eyes dangerously in his direction

"Well well what do we have here? A snake in the grass it seems" He reached out and caressed her cheek gently, "A beautiful snake though"

Ayako jerked her head away and pulled at her bonds, "You're the snake in the grass not me" she snapped

The man jerked his hand away and smacked her forcing her head to jolt to the side. She only scowled in annoyance ignoring the stinging pain. The salty taste of blood filled her mouth and she realized that she had bit her lip during the blow.

"You'll learn not to talk back to me bitch." He chuckled, "If you can still talk when we're through"

She shuddered inwardly at the coldness in his voice, it was gonna be a long day.

"Now just tell me where all you little friends are and everything you heard, and just maybe I'll let you live"

"I'll help you the day hell freezes over," she hissed

He followed her remark with a swift uppercut to the stomach

She gasped in pain and clenched her teeth, - I wont cry, I wont give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry - She straightened up and glared at him.

He pushed his dark blond hair out of his eyes, "For a girl, I'm impressed, but I've only just begun"

Ayako swallowed slowly and braced for the next blow, - I just have to hold on. I have to make it out -

~o~o~4 hours later ~o~o~

Ayako groaned half in pain, half in relief. If she thought she was sore this morning, it was nothing compared to this. Her long silver hair was disheveled and falling out of her messy bun, and small trickle of blood ran down from the corner of her lips. She leaned her head back and took a deep breath. "Come on think girl, if I could just get the keys from that guard. All I need are my hands free and I'm home free.

Her head snapped up and the sounds of a key rattling in the lock reached her ears. - Please don't tell me they're back already -

The door creaked open and a small face peered around the corner.

"Ayako?" A small boy, about 13 years old, with messy blond hair and ragged clothes creeped in.

"Keishi?!" Ayako's eyes widened, "What are you doing here?! Did they actually send people back to rescue me?!" - Maybe they aren't' as bad as I thought -

Keishi lowered his head and frowned, "No, they were going to leave you, but I couldn't let them do that. So I left and came to save you"

Ayako sighed, "Figures" she lifted her head and smiled wryly at the young boy, "You could get hurt you know, and if they catch you…."

"I know, but you were the only one who was ever nice to me and you taught me so much about war and being a soldier. You always fight honorably and you fight to protect people. That's the way I wanna be, so I came to save you." He came closer and gasped when he saw her appearance. "W..what did they do to you?!"

"Don't worry kid, I'm ok. Do you think you can pick these shackles?"

Keishi nodded slowly and set to work on freeing her of her bonds, he had nearly finished when the doorway down the hall creaked open again.

Ayako clenched her teeth together, "Hurry!"

Keishi finished up quickly and looked to Ayako for directions. The footsteps drew quickly closer.

Ayako jumped to immediate action, "Keishi, I want you to stand behind the door so it hides you when he opens it, you'll know what to do when the time comes."

Keishi nodded and rushed to his position, and Ayako position herself in plain view leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

5 seconds later one of the guard from before walked in with his guns hanging at his side. It only took a moment for him to notice Ayako's position and draw his gun, but it took Ayako a moment less to give him a roundhouse to the head and knock him out cold.

Keishi slipped out from behind the door grinning

Ayako put a finger to her lips motioning him to be quiet as she knelt down and relieved the soldier of his gun. She slipped out the door quietly and down the down the dark eerie hallway with Keishi following close behind. It took about ten minute to make it out of the maze of corridors and onto the main floor.

"Now it gets tricky she whispered" She reached back and took Keishi hands before sprinting off down an empty hallway and into what she prayed was an empty office.

Swiftly closing the door behind she scanned the room for movement, she snapped her head to left as a clatter sounded from an adjoining room.

Keishi stuck close, a slightly worried look on his face, "Now what"

Ayako's eyes darted around quickly, "Window"

"Huh?"

Ayako dragged Keishi over to the window and opened it quickly, she peered outside to make sure no one was around before stepping out on the ledge.

Keishi nearly face vaulted at the sight, "Are you crazy"

"Shhhhh….just come one."

Keishi grumbled under his breath and jumped up on the window sill

With Keishi still in tow Ayako took off running along the ledge with a balance and grace Keishi never knew she had. Before he had time to think she jumped off the ledge keep a firm grip on his hand and landed neatly in an adjoining tree. He didn't know how he managed land on the branch but if Ayako hadn't kept a firm grip on his arm then he was sure he would have fallen.

"What was that?!"

Ayako looked back and grinned, "16 years of training to be a swordswoman and learning martial arts has that effect" she winked and worked her way down the tree

Keishi follow nimbly maneuvering through the branches, now climbing a tree was something he could do. "I never knew that you knew how to fight and stuff. How come you never showed it on other missions?"

"I wasn't sure if I could trust them. I joined White Dragon so that I could fight to protect the innocent people that get hurt in the war. Not to achieve power. So I watched how much information I revealed."

"Oh I see. So where are going now?"

Ayako jumped out of the tree and headed for a nearby bunch of trees, "We are going to the nearest Preventors' base. I have some very important information that I need to report as soon as possible."

Keishi nearly jumped out of skin as a what sounded like a massive amount of alarms went off, "Uhoh…I hear trouble"

"Damn!" Ayako grabbed Keishi hand once more and sprinted into the forest. She weaved through the multitude of trees looking for any sign of the main road.

Keishi gasped for air and did his best to keep up, "A…y…a…ko….sl..slow..down"

"We can't stop yet! I can already hear them searching the area!" She let out a sigh of relief as the main road came into view, "Almost there"

She skidded to a halt and prayed that the next car to come along would be friendly and hopefully not the enemy. Luckily it was some guy in a sports car speeding along.

Keishi jumped in the road and flagged him down,

Ayako leaned in the window, "Excuse me, but would you be kind enough to give us a ride"

The guy rose an eyebrow at her appearance and tossed his long braid over his shoulder, "Sure babe, something wrong? No offence but you look like you just escaped from Sing Sing"

Ayako bite her lip in thought, "Ummm…well you see…" She cut off by a gunshot and a shout from behind her. "It's really hard to explain"

"I see" The guy frowned, "Oz…ok get in"

Ayako jumped in the front slightly surprised at his actions

Keishi got in the back and the guy floored it, "By the way my name is Duo" He winked, "And you would be"

Ayako laughed, "My name is Ayako… Ayako Kasamatsu."