Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ It Kinda Figures ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




It Kinda Figures by Sailor Washu




It Kinda Figures
Kris grumbled to herself in her room. She sat alone on her bed, contemplating what had just happened. Her and Duo had fought (again) and were not on speaking terms. If they spoke, it would be pure hell. She shook her head. Kris always hated when she and Duo fought. It was never pleasant, and always so lonely. She sighed again, and got up to leave for town to purchase supplies, alone now. She walked out of her room, and grabbed her leather jacket from the coat rack and fumbled around looking for the keys on the ring. It wasn't there. But who had taken the truck last? Humph, Duo naturally…she grumbled and stalked to his room, knocking on his door. He opened it and looked at her with a hint of anger in his eyes.
"Yeah? What do you want?" he asked bitterly.
"I need the keys to the truck, you're the one who used it last and forgot to put the keys back" she replied, her tone sounding much like Duo's.
He grumbled, and turned walking to his nightstand. He picked them up and threw them at her, without a word of warning. She caught them simply in her hand and nodded once. He immediately kicked the door shut, in turn she yelled at his door, calling him an asshole. She then proceeded to storm out of the house and out to the truck. As this was going on, Trowa and Aurora sat in the living room watching what was happening. Trowa looked at Aurora.
"Did you tell her the truck was broken after Duo needed new spark plugs for Deathscythe?" he asked his girlfriend.
"If I did, would you like to stop the bloodshed?" she replied simply.
"Good point…"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Kris kicked the truck. It didn't even leave the goddamn driveway when it just stalled. Totally dead. She grumbled to herself about killing Duo later, but she needed to get those supplies today. She re-entered the house and grabbed the car keys. She walked back out to the car and got in. She was about to start it, when a braid flew out the front door and landed in front of the bushes.
"Gah! Trowa!" it hollered.
"Duo, I am sick of hearing you bicker! Just get out of the house a while and let Aurora and I have some time to get over the headache you've given us!" Trowa yelled back, slamming the door behind him for emphasis.
This left Duo stuck outside. He looked at Kris, who sat in the car and watched. He sighed frustrated and got up, dusting his bottom off. He walked over to the car and hopped in the passenger side, never once talking to Kris as they drove. They were only half way there when the car began to sputter. Soon, the engine had begun to smoke up. Kris stopped the car abruptly and made a mad dash to the front of the car popping the hood. Smoke poured from the engine, and it was a dead giveaway that the car was dead. Kris slammed the hood shut angrily.
"I knew we never should have bought this fucking lemon!" she mumbled to herself.
Kris looked around. All that was surrounding her was woods, woods, and more woods. She shook her head. It looked like it would be dark soon, and if she didn't get to town soon, both her and Duo would be stranded there for a long time. She sighed and turned on her heel, beginning to walk down the road to town. Duo looked through the windshield up at her, as she slowly walked away from the car. He began to get up to follow her, but stopped himself, not wanting to leave the car alone on the street and not wanting her to be upset if he did follow her. He crossed his arms and leaned back against the seat, awaiting her return.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~
Kris walked down the street a ways before the skies began to darken up. She looked at her watch. It was only 5:45; the sun wouldn't go down for another half-hour. Must mean one thing…rain. She shook her head and began to run as the raindrops began to drop down slowly, quickening their descent as she ran farther and farther from the car. She shivered, and hugged her jacket close to her, attempting to block away the winds harsh blows. She looked around, not knowing where she was anymore. She sighed and looked behind her, at the road she just ran down. She thought she heard a voice, calling her name.
'Duo?' she wondered.
She peered through the rain to try and see the car. There it was! It was a tiny speck from here, but she could make out a faint gray car. But something was on top of it…she squinted her eyes. It looked like a person.
"Duo??" she asked aloud. She yelled his name, wondering if it were him.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~
Duo shivered as he stood atop the hood of the dead car. 'I must be crazy' he thought. 'I'm out here, in the pouring rain, looking for her and calling her name when she probably is long gone by now…' He turned in the direction where she walked. He heard something faint in the distance. Sounded like someone calling his name. He yelled Kris' name, hoping it may have been her. He heard a soft voice call back, and he could tell it was her. He hopped down from the hood and saw her figure waving to him. He nodded, then turned and got back into the car, shivering.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~
Kris looked at Duo, who had now disappeared into the car's warmth again and visibly looked hurt by it. But Duo couldn't see it, not from this distance. So she just sighed and continues her walk in the pouring rain. She was only about a few minutes into her walk when she looked to her left. In the depths of the woods looked like a cabin. She began to walk towards it and made her way through the patch of trees cautiously. She stepped up onto the porch looking around. It was rustic…very rustic…and falling apart. It was obvious no one lived here anymore. She entered the shack carefully, and looked around the dark place as best she could see. She found a tiny kerosene lantern and picked it up, lighting it with the matches she found upon entering. She placed it gently down on the table and continued with her wandering. She found a small kitchenette, and a small bedroom with a single bed and a blanket adorned on top. These two rooms were the only ones in the house, other than the main room, where the fireplace was. She sighed to herself. She wished someone were here with her…
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~
Duo walked down the street hugging himself close for warmth. He got tired of waiting alone in the car. It was simply too quiet without her there. Then again, it was quiet since they left home. Still, he missed not having her by his side. As he walked along, his eyes caught sight of a faint light shining from cabin in a patch of trees. He walked towards it, curious as to who was in it, and if they could help. He stepped up onto the porch and pushed the door open gently. His breath caught in his throat as he saw Kris standing in front of the fireplace holding herself in her arms. She was drenched from head to toe, and her body shivered tremendously. She looked at him, with the same reaction as he had. Duo looked soaking wet, his braid slightly frizzed from the water, and his bangs sticking to his face. Not wanting to be caught staring, she looked down at the floor sheepishly. He shut the door behind him, walking over to the small table and sitting himself down in a chair. He brought his knees up to his chest trying to warm himself up. Kris looked at him from the corner of her eye and kneeled down in front of the fireplace and began to make a small fire as best she could. She finally got one going and sat down as close as she could, shivering. Duo looked at her, and moved off his chair. He walked over and sat close to her. She blinked and looked at him, feeling his presence near her.
"Hi…" she said quietly.
"Hey…" he replied softly. He smiled at her slightly, in turn she smiled back, then looked at the floor.
Kris hugged her knees, beginning to warm up a little bit. She looked down at her clothes and smirked faintly. She had worn jeans, which was fine. But she had also worn a white T-shirt. And the shirt was soaked through, despite the fact that she had worn a leather jacket. Duo saw her smirk and then looked at where she gazed, but averted his eyes quickly. Kris looked at him and blushed slightly.
"I won't look. Don't worry" he smirked.
"It's okay. But…why aren't you getting out of your clothes? You're gonna get sick if ya stay that way, baka. Not like I'm gonna look either..." she replied, still flushed slightly.
Duo flushed. "I-I'm fine. Really…just a little cold is all…"
Kris smirked. "So what you got on under there? Boxers or whitey-tighties?"
Duo blinked then gave her a look. "Boxers"
She shrugged. "Just thought I'd ask...seeing as how you're so self-conscious about getting undressed in front of a girl" She smirked wildly. "Is that why you're blushing so damn hard? Because you're celibate?"
Duo gave her another look. "No I am not celibate!"
Kris nodded once and turned her attention back to the flames before her. Duo smiled slightly. He came up behind her and put his arms around her gently. She jumped slightly, feeling the touch of his skin against her own. He hugged her close, trying his best to keep them both warm. She looked at him over her shoulder. He leaned in against her and whispered softly, "I take back what I said, Kristian".
"Take back what, Duo?" she asked, just as soft.
"All the things we said in the heat of the moment. I don't mean it…" he replied.
"I'm sorry too, Duo. I didn't mean any of those things I said. I was just mad…" she sighed.
He smiled gently and hugged her close. She heard him whisper how warm she was against his body. She leaned back against him, losing any feeling of hatred or sadness in his strong arms. Duo pulled her into a tight hug, and held her there, not having the desire to let her go. She curled up into his lap and smiled, laying her head in the nape of his neck. He kissed her crown gently and laid his head against her own. But then she suddenly pulled away slightly and looked at him. She tugged on the collar of his shirt.
"It may be warmer if we combined body heat," she said quietly.
Duo blushed slightly but slipped his shirt off with one fluent motion, tossing it to the floor beside him. He shivered slightly as the cool air hit his skin. Kris looked at his physique and blushed. She never realized how handsome he was… she then realized it was her turn. She flipped her shirt off of her body, and let out a breath, releasing her skin from the confining shirt. Duo looked at her and gazed at her in total awe. Her upper body was still glistening from the rain, and her chest was wrapped within her black, wet brassiere. Kris inched over and resumed her seat in his lap, hugging him close to her. He did the same, feeling her skin touch his own and he shuddered slightly from how cold it was.
"Aurora and Trowa would get a kick out of this now if they saw us," he said softly.
"Ehh screw...they're not stuck in the middle of the woods in the pouring rain with a lemon of a car" she replied smiling. She looked up at him and giggled, still seeing his blush.
"It's not that funny…" he smirked.
"Yes it is. I think it's very funny. It's not your first time seeing a set, is it?" she asked.
Duo gave her a look (again). "No"
"Okay, okay just checking. If you have seen as much as you claim you have, playboy, then I don't want you making any comparisons to some other chick" she said, putting her hands up in defense. Duo smiled.
Kris smirked, then looked down at her lap and twiddled her fingers, not sure of what she should say. Duo tilted her chin up and kissed her lips softly. She blinked at his quickness, but returned his favor kissing back. She shivered slightly in his lap and curled closer to keep warm. Duo hugged her closely, trying his best to keep himself and Kris warm. He leaned back with her in his arms against the chair behind him and closed his eyes. She blinked suddenly remembering something. She got up from his arms and entered one of the other rooms of the cabin. She returned not a minute later with the blanket from the bed in her hands. She sat down once more next to her koi and wrapped the both of them up in the blanket. He smiled at her with half open eyes.
"Let's go to sleep, koi…it's late. We don't need to get sick or anything," Kris said softly. She curled up next to him and closed her eyes. Duo closed his own and the two fell asleep holding each other in the light of the fire.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~
Kris murmured in her sleep and awoke to the sunlight hitting her eyes. She squinted slightly and turned to her other side, avoiding the sun's rays. She sat up and stretches her arms above her head, yawning. Duo stirred, once he felt her move. He looked up at her and smiled.
"Morning" he chirped.
"G'morning, Duo" she smiled.
Duo sat up and wrapped his arms around her torso, pulling her into a gentle embrace. She smiled and turned, kissing his lips softly. He returned it eagerly, then broke it looking for air. He picked up her shirt from the floor and tossed it at her. His own shirt was back on quickly, and he smirked at her as she put it on.
"You're probably gonna kill me…it occurred to me last night before I fell asleep"
"What?" she blinked.
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a cellular phone. "I had this in my pocket the whole time"
She blinked, then started to laugh. Duo smiled. "Maybe you won't kill me after all…but who should I call? The house?"
She looked at him still giggling. "Well we need the car fixed, but we don't have the money on us to pay for it. So we had better call the house. Even though it's pretty early…"
"Tough shit…they can come and get us since they kicked us out" he smirked. She giggled and nodded.
Duo dialed the house's number and talked for about 5 minutes when he hung up. They were on their way and they would need to wait by the car so they could find them. Kris nodded and grabbed her coat. Duo puts his on and took her hand walking with her out of the cabin and outside. They were half down the street when Kris turned to him.
"Hey Duo…"
"Yeah?"
She grinned. "Race you to the car!" she yelled as she began to run to the car. Duo smiled and chased after her. He was almost ahead of her but she kept running fast. He grinned and grabbed her around her waist, pulling her down against him. She squealed and laughed at the same time and wriggled loose feeling him trying to tickle her. She kept running until she reached the car and hopped up onto the hood, trying to catch her breath. But it was of no use, since she was laughing too hard. Duo came up after her and sat next to her, kissing her neck with soft butterfly kisses. She murmured softly and was about to attack, when a car horn beeped. Kris turned and saw it was Aurora. She smirked and walked towards the truck with Duo. She hopped in the back as Duo climbed into the front next to Aurora. Aurora then turned and drove them all home.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~
When they made it home, Aurora tossed Kris her cell phone. Kris blinked and looked at Aurora.
"What do you want me to do with this?" she asked.
"I want you to call the tow truck and get them to get the car off the interstate!" Aurora replied.
"What! You want to actually save that bucket of bolts?" Kris squeaked.
"Yes! It's our only car and we need to save it!" she replied, a hint of annoyance in her voice.
Kris grumbled but sat down on the front steps dialing the number and put the phone to her ear. Duo sat down next to her and Aurora unlocked the front door, entering the house. Kris finally got through on the other end and stood up, walking around with the phone to her ear.
"Yo, Rico. Danevon here. Listen I need you to pick up the car along I-47. Yes the lemon!!!" she growled slightly. She then scowled at the phone, despite the fact Rico couldn't see it.
"Boy…no…NO! I don't want you to fix it! Why would I be crazy enough to let you under the hood of the car?! Rico! Rico, you touch one spark plug and I plug your ass! Yeah you damn well better be afraid! Look, just bring the damn car here! " she yelled, hanging up the phone, scowling still.
"He bringing the car?" Duo asked.
"Unfortunately yes…" Kris replied, scowl lessening. Duo smirked. "But he ain't touching under that hood. I'M gonna do it" Kris continued. Duo blinked.
"We'll never see that car again…" he mumbled, earning a whack upside his head from his girlfriend.
"Baka…" she mumbled, then turned hearing a truck pull up. It was Rico, with the car. Rico hopped out and walked over to Kris, talking softly to her about the car, and scribbling little notes on his clipboard. Duo watched, sitting on the front steps, not hearing much of the conversation. Suddenly, she began to yell at Rico. And she didn't yell in English, in Spanish. Aurora leaned against the door watching.
"Ouch…that was harsh…" she smirked. Duo shook his head and watched. Rico left the car and hollered one more Spanish curse to her before driving off. Kris walked over, still muttering in the same language to herself.
"En ingles, por favor?" Duo asked.
"Oooh…stupid Rico! He is such an ass! Jerk tried to milk me 700 credits! Can you believe that?! For a tow job!" she growled angrily, and began to mutter in Spanish again.
Aurora shook her head. Kris is always like this, so she knew it was best not to get involved. She walked into the house and shut the door behind her. Duo smiled slightly and got up, walking to the pacing Kris. He grabbed her and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her lips deeply. Kris blinked, sure as hell not expecting the kiss. She smiled. Duo pulled her close into his arms and whispered in her ear, "Aishiteru, but you need to calm down, babe."
She looked at him and smiled. "Calm…I'm perfectly calm and serene babe" she replied, and kissed him. Duo grinned and kissed back, eager to please. She broke the kiss first and grinned.
"Better get started on the car!" she giggled, running to the car and popping the hood.
"Ohh Kris don't!" he winced, and ran over to her trying to get her to stop before there was a new explosion.

The End