Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ It's Time ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It´s Time...

by KatiKat



<< It´s time we said goodbye >>
<< Time now to decide >>


You said you loved me. There was so much hope in your eyes that they seemed too small to carry the burden of your emotions. Your hands were clasped in front of you, pressed to your chest and you were trembling with anticipation. You really thought that there would be a happily ever after for us...


<< O don´t you feel so small >>
<< Dark is the night for all >>


It hurt me to break your heart, but it was you who taught me to admit my feelings to myself... I couldn´t lie to you... not even to make you happy...


<< It´s time we moved out West >>
<< This time will be the best >>


So I told you the truth. That there was someone else that I had given myself to. I could see your heart shatter in thousand tiny pieces and all of them were falling from your eyes... there was a tingling sound as they hit the earth.


<< And when the evenings fall >>
<< Dark is the night for all >>


The night was creeping into your soul. It was dark and cold. So very very cold that I could see it freeze the small pieces of warmth that my words hadn´t killed. The frost covered the glass shards of your heart with flowers... They were beautiful, but they had no smell and their touch hurt with their coldness.


<< It´s time... yeah, to break free >>


Even though your heart was shattered and your soul dead you wouldn´t believe me. You kept repeating that I didn´t mean it, to take it back, to stop lying to you... I was pulling away and you felt it. You were falling apart while you tried to hold onto me. But you were losing me, bit by bit every second. It was like holding little grains of sand in your palm - they slipped through your fingers... one by one... until there was nothing left. Until you were alone. And you couldn´t stay alone... You didn´t know how to be alone...


<< It´s time to pull away >>
<< For you and me >>


I said I was sorry, but I don´t think you heard me. You kept shaking your head in denial, you hugged yourself to get warm again, but the coldness came not from the outside. It was in your soul, and the realization that I really didn´t love you the way you wanted me to started finally to sink in, the coldness buried its claws in your flesh and you knew you would never be warm again.


<< It´s time... yeah, to break free >>
<< We need to celebrate the mystery >>


You turned away from me and shook off my hand when I tried to comfort you. When you sent me away, when you told me to never come back your voice was so empty and cold, just like the place where your heart used to be... I could feel the freezing breath of loneliness that surrounded you, that sucked the warmth out of everyone and everything around you... You asked me to go and so I went...


<< It´s time we said goodbye >>
<< Time for you and I >>


I never wanted to hurt you, but I needed to break free, because he is waiting for me...

It´s time for me to say goodbye, Relena...

It´s time for me to love...


<< O don´t you feel so small >>
<< Dark is the night for all >>


The End