Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ It Seemed So Simple ❯ Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I haven't seen Gundam Wing in a LONG time so if I goofed up on anything let me know. ^-^

 

*+* repeated= dreaming

` Phrase ` = thoughts

 

Recap on summary:

It was supposed to be simple, find out as much as possible about one General Colster through his daughter, Navy (pronounce Nav-a) and his stepdaughter Reeta Murray, and then sabotage whatever technology would put other missions at a disadvantage. What they weren't expecting was Reeta being an orphan from a colony, one captured then used as a guinea pig for genetic experiments, now literally a living gold mine, but there's more to it than that…

 

OK now roll the chapter!

MEMORIES

 

*+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+*

"Mum and Da are gone aren't they?" Said the small girl.

 

"Yeah, Rita, they're gone." Her older brother said; his eyes glued to the burnt debris. "Ree, let's forget this and live on our own we know how, I mean no one `ill take us in." The boy stole a glance at his sister and waited for her response. He knew that they could, their mother was sick all the time, but still wrote articles when she could, Father was rarely home instead he was always out at bars getting drunk, they practically live by themselves already.

 

She looked up at him saying, "K." She paused, "Bro pwomise me the if you lose me not to cut your hair." Her young voice pleaded.

 

He looked at his sister, slightly surprised by her request but nodded, "Promise, let's go." The to children turned from the smoldering ruins walking hand in hand.

 

~~~~~

 

Rita clung to her brother sleeve as the walked through the thick crowd. "I liked it better at the den, why couldn't we stay there?" It had been a year since the fire that left them as street-rat-war-orphans. Their last temporary shelter had been discovered a month ago, but a week after the discovery it was set on fire by some careless teens.

 

"It burned down remember?" He sighed. He walked a few more steps before he realized that Rita was having another coughing fit she was sick all the time now. He turned quickly, trying to get through the endless wave of bodies, struggling to get beside the sick girl.

 

"I'll be *cough* fine. Meet at Baker's *cough*, K?"

 

*+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+*

 

Duo snapped out of bed. `Who the hell was she? Her eyes… they were almost the same as mine. Why do I feel like I knew her, before Solo and Father Maxwell? Wonder if she lived….` Duo glanced at the clock, it was one thirty in the morning! `Damn and we're getting a new mission at five, I better get to sleep.` Duo yawned as he lay down going back to sleep.