Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ It Seemed So Simple ❯ WHAT!? (cont.) ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: CONTINUE THE CHAOS!!
 
Jocelyn: Your scaring me.
 
Me: So?
 
Jocelyn: SO?! My nickname is BATTY! You're scaring a LUNATIC here!
 
Me: Sooooooooooo? It just means that I'm crazier than you.
 
Jocelyn: Uh, yeah.
 
*+* repeated= change of scene
` Phrase ` = thoughts
:: Phrase:: = Morse code
 (Phrase) = A/N
 
Recap on summary:
It was supposed to be simple, find out as much as possible about one General Colster through his daughter, Navy (pronounce Nav-a) and his stepdaughter Reeta Murray, and then sabotage whatever technology would put other missions at a disadvantage. What they weren't expecting was Reeta being an orphan from a colony, one captured then used as a guinea pig for genetic experiments, now literally a living gold mine, but there's more to it than that…
 
OK I'll just… roll the story.
WHAT?! (cont.)
 
Everyone looked down at the to wrestling girls. Reeta shook her head and said, “You two know wa-ay too many swears.”
 
“Briana, get off of my sister.” Jamal growled as he leveled a Glock 19 LMS (yes it's a gun) at the dark girl.
 
“Hi Jamal,” the dark skinned Briana said nervously. “You know Kath really wouldn't appreciate it if you blew my head off with that gun.” She added as she backed away from Kate.
 
“Yeah, I know, just wanted you away from her, besides…it's not loaded.” Briana shot him a look that seemed to promise incredible pain very soon.
 
“Jamal you are too over-protective, I mean you aren't even my older -“ Kate was suddenly cut of by Duo shouting.
 
“Ok. Somebody explain why she,” he gestured in Briana's direction, “has claws and suddenly a tail!”
 
“Oh no.” Kate whispered.
 
Jamal paled then whispered, “Kate, you handle the details I'll give background.” He waited until Kate nodded numbly before continuing louder; “Our parents were the heads of Winslow Genetics, at the time one of the top ten private genetic research facilities in the earth sphere.
 
“One of their goals was to find genetically advance children and protect them from any harm that could prevent further progress in the species. Another of their goals was to make, from scratch, species that could live in some of the harshest conditions in this solar system.”
 
Kate looked up then pickup seamlessly from were Jamal stopped; “Briana is one species they created. Her genes are about ninety percent human and ten percent Black Panther. Her claws are retractable and the tail is normally hidden in her pants.”
 
Down my pant leg is where my tail normally is, `in my pants' is where you, Kate Winslow, normally end up.”
 
Quatre and Duo, upon hearing this announcement, started choking and laughing at the same time. Trowa raised his eyebrow in such a way that it seemed he posed the question, “Ruby wasn't joking when she said that Kate would put out for anyone, was she?” Wufei suddenly sprung a nosebleed
 
“Briana you twit! You made my spring a nosebleed! Chang will ya toss me the Kleenex? Thank you. Don't mention that stuff again!” Reeta was somehow able to say all of that without gasping for breath and while plugging her nose.
 
Immediately after Reeta finished her spiel Duo shouted “That's were you're from! I knew I recognized your accent! You're from L2!”
 
Reeta simply nodded. Then after a silent pause she said, “But accents can be faked… what else was there?”
 
“Ah…you reminded me of a girl about my age who was also in Solo's gang.”
 
“Thank you Duo, now my friends owe me one hundred fifty dollars.” Reeta said with a sugary sweet smirk plastered on her faced.
 
There was an ever-expanding silence until Quatre said bemusedly, “You five are the most unusual people I ever met, and I highly doubt I shall ever meet anyone stranger.”
 
“You're a British Arab aren't you?” Jamal said with an air of certainty.
 
“Uh…”
 
“He figured out the British bit when you used “shall”. See Americans and people who just learned English tend to use “will” when refer to a persons future actions,” Kate a explained smoothly before turning on her twin. “Jamal, do you mind not trying to figure out peoples ethnicity, it's very nosey and awfully aggravating.”
 
Jamal simply stuck out his tongue at Kate.
 
The hated silence returned.
 
“Maybe you guys should go now, before…” Reeta started to say.
 
Trowa looked up then quiried as to, “…before what?”
 
The only response he received was “To late.”
 
 
Ten Minutes Later…
 
Heero, Duo, Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei had finally struggled free of the highly dangerous and extremely hyper orphans that lived with Reeta. All five of them only wished to get to their rooms and collapse into their respective beds after completing the miniscule amount of homework they received.