Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ It Seemed So Simple ❯ WHAT!? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yeah!! Fourth Chappie!! I think I SUGAR HIGH!!! WEE!!!
 
???: RII…IGHT.
 
Me: Who's you?
 
???: Jocelyn. You sent a note for a muse -
 
Me: Sooooooooooo. You's my muse?
 
Jocelyn: Uh, yeah.
 
Me: OH! I gots sa MUSE! I gots sa MUSE!
 
Jocelyn: Help!
*+* repeated= change of scene
` Phrase ` = thoughts
:: Phrase:: = Morse code
 (Phrase) = A/N
 
Recap on summary:
It was supposed to be simple, find out as much as possible about one General Colster through his daughter, Navy (pronounce Nav-a) and his stepdaughter Reeta Murray, and then sabotage whatever technology would put other missions at a disadvantage. What they weren't expecting was Reeta being an orphan from a colony, one captured then used as a guinea pig for genetic experiments, now literally a living gold mine, but there's more to it than that…
 
WHAT?!
 
Reeta and Duo were dying of boredom in honors calculus.
 
“I already know this stuff,” Duo groaned just loud enough for Reeta to hear.
 
“Same here. I should really tell Ali that I don't need her to tutor me anymore.”
 
“Who's Ali?”
 
“Six-year-old computer genius taking classes here and the local tech institution.”
 
“Wow. And only six?”
 
“Yep. The Albirra's were surprised that their younger daughter was a genius.”
 
“Albirra? So Ali is Ruby's younger sister? Cool.”
 
“Yeah they're sisters. Didja know that they stay with me during the winter?”
 
“No, so why's that?”
 
“The Albirra's own a circus that travels between here and southern France. In the summer it stays here and when other circuses come `round they sorta `invite' them to do a show wiv, I mean with, `em. Well, any way, Rubes can go with them when she wants but she worries `bout Ali cause, well, you wouldn't believe me.” Duo silently made note of Reeta's on-off accent that reminded him of L2, along with the small amount of information he gleaned from their chat. Then the bell rang.
 
*+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+ **+*
 
“So, Reeta, were do ya live?” Duo asked.
 
“Well my guardian owns an orphanage and I take care the kids, and that cat.”
 
“Sound like you don't like the cat much.” Duo noted.
 
“Oh `cept for the fact he's always chasing my braid and utterly refuses to let anyone other than me pet him, Shini's a pretty good cat.”
 
“Sh-Shini?!”
 
“Short for `Shinigami's Cat Demon'.”
 
“Why name a cat after the god of death?”
 
Reeta looked at Duo as if she could see ever thought he had. “Shini is an unusually smart cat. Ruby has a certain `gift' of telepathy-“
 
“What's THAT?”
 
“The ability to hear thoughts. Some telepaths can `see' the thoughts, how things appear and so on. Ruby and Shini will start mentally arguing with each other because they enjoy trying to … Um …”
 
“Persuade?”
 
“No. Um… Ah I keep saying things wrong! They enjoy debating which is the smartest species in this galaxy. The irony of this is that they both agree that, despite having the highest I.Q. Homo sapiens have the least common sense.”
 
Duo was speechless. Then he decided to change the subject, “Hey there's your friends!”
 
Reeta nodded and said, “Hey! I just had a brilliant idear…idea, idea, you and your friends can come over to my place!”
 
Before Duo could respond Quatre came up to Reeta and said, “Um Kate had invited me to her house earlier so…”
 
Reeta turned to Ruby who had followed Quatre. “Well, Ruby what do you think?”
 
“Not surprised.”
 
“Oh?”
 
“You know how she is.”
 
“Yeah I do, but… I mean look at him. How could she…”
 
“Well she hasn't done anything except well…” Ruby glanced at Quatre with a “not now” look. “For a week.” By now Quatre and Duo were extremely interested in the conversation.
 
“Oh. That's impressive for her. But still… taking an innocent.” Reeta shook her head.
 
“She's addicted you know that.”
 
“You mean she's a nymphomaniac?” Duo cut in.
 
The two girls shared a quick shocked look before answering in the affirmative.
 
Quatre in all innocence was perplexed to say the least. And then said, “But she looks so…”
 
Reeta smirked evilly, “You of all people should be acquainted with the saying `looks can be deceiving'.”
 
“Well, I think I'll go at least.” Duo said.
 
*+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+**+ **+*
 
“So, you guys want a snack?” Reeta asked as she helped herself to some kind of ice cream.
 
Duo looked at what she had. The ice cream had bits of honeycomb and looked rather tasty, “I'll have what you're -“
 
“My ice cream's OFF LIMITS.”
 
The Gundam pilots stared in shock at her sudden mood change. Quatre openly gawked at the way Reeta's face was contorted. She was clutching the tub of ice cream to her chest and glaring fiercely at Duo who was paling slightly.
 
Ruby looked up from her snack - a slice of apple pie a la mode - and said in a nearly silent, hoarse voice, “Reeta special orders that ice cream from Australia.”
 
Jamal cut in, “She flipped me once just because I was trying to prevent her from eating to much,” and then a bit quieter, “the force of it knocked me out for an hour.”
 
Quatre seeing that Reeta wouldn't let Duo have any, and fearing for his safety, suggested that he have fruit or some thing else.
 
Duo nodded and grabbed an apple.
 
“I'm going to the lounge Reeta,” Kate cheerfully said.
 
“Whatever.”
 
A few seconds later…
 
“Rrrroaw!”
 
“Oh shit!” Thud. Crack.
 
“Don't jump me!” Thud. Bang.
 
“Bitch.” Hiss. Shshick.
 
“I'm NOT a female DOG!”
 
“Sorry f'rgot you're a cat girl”
 
“Nympho.”
 
“Damn you, you - OH hi Sammy hehehe. SHIT!” Kate exclaimed from underneath a girl with incredibly dark skin, black, red bangs, and oddly enough claws.
 
 
 
Bwahahaha… mini cliff. My first one!