Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Kasai no Kou ❯ Preview ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

~~~~~~~~~~~

| Kasai no Kou |

~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue

By: Shanchan

Subject: Gundam Wing Fanfic (mostly original story)

Disclaimer: GW and it's characters are NOT mine. However, Serena Yui is! ^_^ Don't sue me!

AN: Kasai is fire and Kou is female phoenix! ^_^ The title of the fic is Phoenix of Fire. You'll see why later! ^_^

_______________________________________________________

Rain fell in large drops from the dark gray sky. A family of four walked side-by-side under two large, black umbrellas. The mother had brown hair and bright blue eyes. She was in her late twenties and was wearing a long blue coat that went down to her knees. Next to her stood her husband. He was the brother of the late Hiiro Yui. Not many knew of this for the man was 10 years younger than his brother and no one has seem him with Hiiro Yui under the public eye. He had a messy mass of raven colored hair that often got in front of his deep blue eyes and was wearing a black jacket and black pants. His eyes were always alert and watching. They watched for changes, watched for unusual things, and the watched for any possible danger that could and would threaten his family. Next to him stood their children. One was a girl with raven colored hair, and the other was a boy with dark brown hair. The girl wore black jeans and a long red-sleeved velvet shirt. The boy wore blue jeans and a black T-shirt. Both had cobalt blue eyes that were way too cold for children their age. The two were twins, fraternal of course, and both were quite gifted at learning. They talked softly about the rain and its beauty as they walked.

Suddenly, a gunshot was heard, and the father fell down, blood flowing from the wound in his chest. The wife screamed as she saw her husband fall. She knelt by his side and cried. The bullet had gone thought the heart and death was instantaneous. Federation soldiers and people crowded around him and the two children stood petrified in the rain. The girl, Serena, stared as her father's blood flowed with the rain into the sidewalk, to stain it for the rest of eternity. She watched as they took her mother away, tears flowed freely from her eyes. Her brother had dropped the umbrella when he saw his father's death, and the rain was mixing with her tears. She stared on and let the fear and sorrow sink in. Then, turning around, she broke into a run, away from her mother, away from the soldiers, and most of all, away from the death that grasped at her heart and made her want to scream.

Upon seeing her run away, a soldier wanted to chase after her, but his commander told her not to. Her brother chased after her though, but lost her when she ran into the park. Serena had climbed up a tree and was hiding among the branches of the trees. Sitting there, she cried and watched as her brother called her name and looked for her. Usually seeing him so worried, she would've jumped down so he wouldn't be so worried. She didn't this time though. Whether it was because of the rain, because of the fear, or because she wanted some time alone, she didn't know. All she knew was at the exact moment she made her decision; a man got behind her brother and knocked him out. Then the man took him away form Serena.

"No! Ryo!" Serena whispered into the rain as she watched the scene unfold in front of her. She wanted to jump down from her hiding place, but she didn't for she knew it would be of no help to Ryo. Staring at the figure walking off into the rain, Serena made a promise to herself--one day she would find Ryo so they could be reunited. He was all she had, and she was going to do it no matter what. Then, jumping down form the tree, she trotted home slowly in the rain. She knew what was waiting for her because she was very mature for a child of four.

*End Prologue*