Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Kasai no Kou ❯ Childhood ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

| Kasai no Kou |

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

By: Shanchan

There was a scream and she saw a figure get shot and fall over. The boy with dark brown hair and cobalt blue eyes ran over to the figure. She wanted run to the boy's side, but she was unable to do so. Restricted by the barrier, she could only watch as the scene unfolded in front of her. The girl started to cry. She knelt down and wept, banishing her sorrow away with her tears. Yet even through her blurring vision, she could see the destruction and terror. Shaking her head violently, she woke up with a start. Sweat and tears soaked her pillow. She got out of bed and walked outside. It had been four years since Ryo was separated from Serena. She could still recall every detail of that day from her mother's cry to her own terror. Every image was engraved into her memory like a picture tattooed to her soul.

An old martial artist who disguised himself as a scholar and Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor had taken her under his wing. He needed a child to keep him busy and he wanted to find someone to inherit his talent. Serena, with her cobalt blue eyes and gift to learn was the perfect choice. He started to teach her as soon as they reached earth and arrived at the small village. Day and night Serena studied for the next four years. By the end of that period, she had acquired much skill in medicine and the fine arts. The melody of her jade flute could charm the most lovely of songbirds and the flowers she painted attracted many swarms of bees and tiny buzzing hummingbirds. Her calligraphy contained a delightfully unique style and her ability to play XiangQi and WeiQi was unmatched by anyone in the surrounding mountains. Yet she was unhappy. Revenge and her quest to find her brother were constantly on her mind. She could sense her master was hiding something from her but did not ask him out of respect.

Finally, her master told her a secret today; something that caused her heart to flutter with joy. He knew marital arts and was willing to teach it to her! So, in addition to her usual medicine and fine art studies, he taught her the basics of martial arts. She became aware of her chi and as she was sensing and controlling its flow in her small body, she fell asleep and had the terrifying dream. The boy in the dream looked a lot like Ryo. Her brother had the same dark brown hair and blue eyes and would be the same age as the boy in her dream. Looking out her window, she stared into the starry night sky. The cool, fresh air filled her lungs and Serena was able to think clearly again. She hoped the boy in her dreams was her brother and that now she would be able to watch is every action. Going back to bed, she fell asleep immediately and didn't think about it again for six years.

**********

6 years later

**********

Serena had grown from a small, innocent girl with wide blue eyes and messy, dark hair to a young woman of 14. She was not only a qualified doctor, but also a sleeping dragon of martial arts that could wield any weapon with skill, but her favorites were her sword, her blue crystal fan, and her jade flute. The sword was her master's, but he gave it to her as a gift for she loved it so much. It was made of titanium and was used by her master to destroy many lives before he decided to settle down, and had acquired a crimson stain from the blood of the people whose life was taken. The crystal fan had a frame of sapphire that matched Serena's eyes and the cloth was made of spider silk and dyed blue. Upon the blue silk cloth a golden phoenix and dragon battles for a silvery pearl. This fan was also her master's and he gave it to her to use to paralyze people with pressure point techniques. The last weapon is her jade flute. It, unlike eastern flutes, had only one piece. Cool to the touch, this white beauty brought peace and joy to Serena's desolate life. Serena played it often and many times found herself in tears. Ten years had passed and she was still not ready to find her brother. The allowance her master gave her was stored forever in the bank and she didn't have any friends her age. All she knew in life was her studies and the art. Once in a while her daily life would be disturbed by the arrival of a friend of her master's. Then, and only then, would she stop her work and talk to the guest. The girl's sense of humor and intelligence charmed many people. Being so young, many people enjoyed testing her skill in XiangQi and WeiQi to only be stunned again.

It was one of those unusual days and the guests had left after sundown. Serena decided to go to bed early so she would be able to wake up early to practice the art. Like six years ago, she had a disturbing dream that night.

There was a field and she was running beside the boy. He wore a green tank top, black spandex shorts, and a pair of ugly old tennis shoes. He was a swift runner, much like herself. The next thing she knew, they had leaped over a fence and was rolling on the soft green grass, laughing. Suddenly, a shadow approached and a young girl with a cute brown puppy walked up to the boy. She spoke to him, but Serena couldn't make out the words. Then the girl handed him a small flower. Serena turned around to look at the scenery around her and when she looked up, the sky had turned dark. The boy stood next to her, holding a detonation device and saying the words "Mission accomplished", pushed the button. A chain of explosions destroyed many mobile suits and one of those was knocked into an apartment building. The boy turned just in time to see the building crumble and he ran towards it, hoping to save the young girl and her puppy. Yet, it was too late. The two had died when the building fell, crushing their bodies and breaking their bones into a thousand pieces. Serena was in tears as she stared at the destruction. Eyeing the brown haired boy, she saw he was saddened also. He had not meant to kill anyone so innocent. Serena longed to run over to the boy and console him, but she didn't. She knew he wouldn't hear her or see her. That's when she jerked her head in the opposite direction and woke up from her dream.

The moonlight streamed in from her window and she felt sweat trickling down her face. Looking out her window, she saw a beautiful full moon. The light made her eyes water and she thought of a poem her master had taught her. The poem was about family and how the moon brought sorrow to the poet's heart. She sighed and recalled a dream she had before. It seemed so real, just like the one she just had. She whispered to herself, "Maybe they're linked somehow! Maybe he really is Ryo!"

Leaping out of bed, she searched for her diary in her messy desk. Grabbing it, she jotted down her thoughts and this mystery. Then she went back to bed and fell asleep.

For the next year, she had many dream about the same boy. Then one morning, her master called her to his room. He led her down a secret passageway under his bed. There she saw the most beautiful machine ever. It was a jet black Gundam with two flame-throwers on the shoulders that could be extended in a moment's notice to blow fire at the enemies. It also had a Buster Shield with a fire design on the left arm and a Swiss army knife extended on the left arm. The Gundam had evil green eyes that glowed in the dark. She jumped into the cockpit and discovered a chair. Sitting in it, she saw three computer screens. All of them were turned on; letting Serena read all the information she wanted. She read everything on the screens and discovered that the Gundam had wings. She clicked a button and jumped out the cockpit. Looking at her Gundam again, she saw black wings extending from the back. They looked like Wing Zero Custom's angel wings, only they were as dark as a moonless night. The blackness sucked a lot of the light from the room and Serena shuddered. She looked at her Gundam in awe. It also had a shield that could withstand a buster rifle's blast, a camouflage screen that makes the Gundam disappear in a battle, a machine cannon, and a lot of hidden artillery in the chest, arms, and legs. The main weapons, though, were the twin Gundam size beam katanas that were hidden on the sides of its body and the katanas on the back. The hidden ones were not as large as the ones on the back. They glowed green and was almost exactly like a beam saber. The ones on the back were made of Gundamium Alloy. They had the ability to light up with a special flame that could melt all metal except for Gundamium in an instant. Serena looked at the dark beauty and smiled.

"This is yours. You will need this in your future," her master said to her.

"Oh, I love it!" Serena cried as she hugged her master. Suddenly, soldiers rushed in and shot her master; death was instantaneous. Serena looked at the body of her loved one and bowed respectfully, then she leapt into her machine.

"You will pay for what you have done!" Serena cried as she activated the machine. In minutes, the soldiers all laid dead at her feet. Sighing, the lonely girl changed the mobile suit into a plane, and flew off into the sky. It was time to search for Ryo and avenge her parents' death.