Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Love ❯ Lost Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own shit

This is for Jerome

'Love Lost'

"Relena" Heero sighed before he passed out, Duo gave him over to said girl.

"Hey, Lena take good care of my partner for me." Duo smiled mechanically and laughed. He then fled back into the battle as tears stained his cheeks. He died in that battle.

His tombstone read:

Duo Maxwell

Shinigami

God of death

Loved

Rest in Peace

Relena and Heero got married, three years later Heero, committed suicide this is the note:

// Dear Relena,

I am sorry, I hate to leave you but I can't live anymore, it is to hard, you, I love you, but I love you like I would a sister, it has taken me 4 years to learn that, I had it backwards all this time and I am sorry for being week, but I have been dead for 3 years, I can't keep pretending. Your not going to be to sad I hope, I know you have lovers and I hope they are good to you, and wish you the best of luck. Understand, I can't smile, I am empty, I have lost Duo and it has taken 3 years to realize what I felt, I am sorry Relena, I can't say that enough, I am sorry. It is unfair, I drained you of the loving look and tenderness with my detachment, you use to be in love with me I could see it, in your eyes, he had the same look when he thought I couldn't see, I am sorry. I thought I love you like that but I never did, I am truly sorry. I remember the one time that I had that look in my eye, that day, we were 16, I woke in the middle of the night and I saw him just lying there across the room on his bunk, he was beautiful and I smiled for the first time, but I was dense, and life continued as normal, I'm sorry to leave you but I've been soulless for a long time, and I haven't smiled in years, I'm smiling now, I hope your life is happy, I never existed anyway. I AM SORRY.

Heero //

Relena read this and sighed, tears it the page making the words run, "I still love you, idiot" She cried crumpling the paper as the coffin was lowered into the ground, next to the commemorative stone for Duo. She told everyone he died of natural causes, the note was only for her anyway, he had just slowed his heartbeat until it just stopped, she knew that but it still hurt to know what he did, and why, she had tried so hard to be his everything. 'I was too selfish, I knew, even if everyone else even Heero didn't it was all to clear to me, I thought it'd go away after he died that Heero would move on, it is my fault life has been so fucked, I have nothing to live for anyone but I'm not as brave as either of them'

His stone read:

Heero Yuy

Perfect Solider

Loved

At Peace

Relena died old and gray of natural causes.