Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Football ❯ Pt. 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Love and Football pt. 1/10 (?)

Author: DamnVespa

Pairings: 2X1, 3X4, some others

Disclaimer: I don't own anything

Archived: mediaminer.org, 1X2 ml, DHML,

http://www.geocities.com/etherealin_sanity/index.html

Warnings: None as of yet.

Heero hated school. Actually he didn't hate school but he hated to move during a school year. He moved from beautiful Japan to the United States. He didn't want to move but his father owns one of the biggest businesses and forced him to move. Apparently they are forming a merger with the Winners, the family of the biggest company out there.

His father said that all Heero had to do was adjust to his new surroundings. Heero didn't want to adjust but he had no choice in the matter and that infuriated him. He liked to think he could make his own choices but his father hadn't gave him any.

The next morning he had to get up at six to get ready for his first day of school. He took a shower while the servants came in and cleaned his room. When he arrived here, he had written specific instructions for the hired help. They were to clean when he wasn't there and to leave immediately when he returned. No matter if they were in the middle of something or not. Also he told them that he would choose everything he wore. That was the one thing he did like. In Japan he had a set uniform but here he could wear anything he liked. He decided to put on some dark slacks and a blue button up shirt. He didn't comb his hair but that was his choice.

When he was younger all his choices had been taken away from him. Now that he was older and back with his parents he was given the chance to choose. He loved the idea that he could have control of what happened. The ability to choose was important to him and it rankled that the biggest choice was taken away from him. So he reveled in the smaller choices hoping it would take the sting out of not making a bigger choice.

He went down the stairs and met his parents for breakfast. His parents talked about the upcoming meeting with the Winners. His mother was most excited with meeting one of the richest families in the world. Then they turned to Heero and tried to get him to talk with him but he refused to. They gave up with saddened looks and went back to their meal.

Heero did love his parents but it had been ingrained in him not to talk to people or bad things would happen. Now that he had the choice to talk he felt intimidated talking to people. He loved that his parents took him out of the bad place he had been staying. He had gotten the full story of what happened to him from his parents and kept it close to his heart. Knowing that his parents loved him and had loved him. He didn't want to think about those dark days again.

"Heero what's the matter?" His mother asked. She looked at Heero in concern. Heero realized he had been glaring at his breakfast. He did that anytime he thought about his past. He shrugged his shoulders and went back to eating.

His mother sighed and went back to eating her food. She wished he would talk to them but she knew she had to give it time.

Heero ate his breakfast then stood and bowed to his parents and left. He grabbed his backpack and got in the limo to go to school. It was the middle of the school year here and he didn't like having to be the new student. Especially in the middle of the school year. When he got to the school it had already started. He relaxed a little and headed to the main office.

When he walked in there was a girl sitting in one of the chairs. She was pretty with dirty blonde hair that came down into two twists on the sides of her head. He bypassed her and headed straight for the secretary. The secretary looked up and smiled.

"Hello dear, you must be the new student. I'm sorry but the principal is really busy right now and can't introduce you properly. But he did give me your new schedule and someone to show you around. The girl behind you is Sally. She'll show you around and take you to your class. Have a good day."

Heero stood there stunned. The woman had talked so fast and had knew that he was a new student. He didn't get a chance to contemplate that because he felt a light touch on his shoulder. He jumped in surprise and turned around. The girl he saw when he got in here was standing behind him and smiling.

"Hi my name is Sally."

Heero nodded at her. She waited to see if he would speak or at least tell her his name but he didn't say a word.

"Don't talk much do you?"

He shook his head no.

"Well that's okay. Come on I'll show you around. Well as you can see we are in the main office. Let me see your schedule."

Heero handed her the schedule and looked around. They were in a hallway that on one side led to a big open area. The other side led to the front doors with a hallway branching off to the left.

"Well Heero is it?"

He nodded in replay

"It seems that your locker is near mine and that you have the first three periods with me. Well let's start here. Okay as you see the big wide space is the cafeteria. Now down the hallway you see the main doors. But if you take a left you go towards the music rooms, the gym, and the pool."

Sally walked away and Heero followed as she explained where everything was. The school was very easy to navigate. It was only one story and the hallways were huge. Sally showed him his locker and how to make it work. Then she guided him to their first class. It was Literature.

He expected to be announced to the class and be forced to say a few words as he had seen done in Japan but he wasn't. The teacher just nodded at them and gestured to take their seats. The teacher waited for them to settle and then proceeded to discuss what they were reading. Heero kept his head down during most of the class and looked at the text he was given. Hopefully the teacher would overlook him if she asked questions. The class flew by fairly quickly. The bell rang and everyone stood to leave. Some came over to say hi but when there was no response they left. Sally stood and showed him to the next class.

Heero's early assumption about how easy it was to navigate the halls proved to be false. There was a sea of students. He felt like he was a car in traffic rather than in a school hallway. He couldn't believe how many students were in the hallway. Most were nicely dressed while others weren't. But Heero had learned early on that looks could be deceiving. He kept his head down and followed Sally. He didn't like people looking at him. That was why he kept his head down. He hoped no one noticed him.

After three more classes it was time for lunch. Lunch was a complicated ordeal. There were three lunch periods. Either you had lunch before your fourth class, in the middle of the class, or after the class. Luckily for Heero it was after class.

"Well Heero after lunch we don't have the same classes anymore but I'm sure you can find your way. Now what do you want for lunch. You can either get cafeteria food or go to the student store. Which did you want to do?"

Heero shrugged. He really didn't care besides he didn't feel like eating anything. He was too nervous with all the students in the halls. Sally sighed and showed him where the student store was but they didn't buy anything. She then took him to the cafeteria.

"Aren't you hungry Heero?"

Heero shook his head no. Sally sighed and told him to wait here while she got lunch. He waited quietly at the end of the lunch line for Sally.

"Okay. Did you want to eat with me and my friends or go somewhere else?"

Heero indicated that she should lead the way.

"Heero we have got to teach you to speak." Sally muttered and led the way.

Heero shrugged his shoulders and followed her. She walked through the various tables and finally stopped at one in the back. This part of the cafeteria was more open and had windows to let the sun in. He felt a little better now that he was in a more open spot.

He still kept his head down though. When he heard some introducing himself he looked up. He saw a blonde haired boy and a brown haired boy sitting close together. He nodded to both in greeting when he realized that Quatre's last name was Winner. So he must be the son of the Winners. His further contemplation was interrupted when a Chinese boy stood and bowed. His name was Wufei and Heero inwardly smiled to find another Asian like him in the school. Across the table from him were two girls. They were equally pretty just like Sally but he just didn't swing that way. He nodded as they gave their names. Then his eyes landed on the last person. They had gone in a circle and the last one was also the one closest to him.

He looked down into violet eyes. The boy introduced himself as Duo Maxwell. Heero continued to stare. Never had he seen such a beautiful person nor anyone with long hair like that. For the first time in a long while he had the urge to speak.

"It's nice to meet you," he realized that he had been addressing only Duo and felt it was rude and added rather quickly, "All of you."

Heero sat down next to Duo when he scooted over. He looked around trying not to fall into the purple eyes that belonged to Duo. He found himself answering questions whenever Duo asked him. Even though it was only one word he was still speaking to someone. He never spoke to people. Duo had stopped speaking for a second and the others started asking him questions. He felt more relaxed and answered some of them. He didn't understand why he felt safer with Duo sitting next to him. He just did and he went with the feeling. Then they heard someone speak up from behind him.

He could see by the way all of them changed from being happy to being annoyed the next that this girl was not well liked by this group. He listened to what she had to say with half an ear. He paid more attention to Duo. It seemed with every word Duo flinched. Then he heard her say gutter rat. His eyes widened at the level of disrespect she was showing to the group. Then she had the audacity to ask him to join her group. When he shook his head to indicate that he had already chosen she seemed pleased.

"So you've already chosen. Great so who do you choose?"

He just turned his back to her.

"Hey I asked you a question. Who did you choose?"

Heero couldn't believe that the girl didn't get it. He didn't want to join her silly group. He turned back around and glared for all he was worth at the girl and then quickly turned his back to her. Hoping this time she got the point.

Hilde was mad, well not mad but livid. She couldn't believe that this guy had disrespected her in front of the whole school.

"Looks to me Hilde, that Heero wants to stay with us. Why don't you go back to your little airheads and leave us alone."

"Shut Up Mr. Chang. Well it seems you have chosen them. Well mark my words, street rat, I will get even for this. This is the last time that you slight me."

"Look Hilde I didn't slight you…"

"Shut up. I don't want to hear your pitiful excuses. You just better be careful."

She turned around and left. Duo smiled sheepishly at Heero.

"Sorry about that. She's been that way ever since I turned her down. She was my most persistent suitor here but she was extremely mean. That was one of the reasons why I don't have anything to do with her."

"What's the other reason?"

Duo just looked at Heero when Heero asked the question. Heero was shocked himself but hid it better. For the first time in a long time Duo felt the need to hide his preferences.

"Ummm… the other reason was because…first promise me this won't affect anything."

"I promise."

"Okay well I'm gay and she didn't react to well to that."

"You're gay?!"

"What you have a problem with it?"

Duo looked upset about that fact. It seemed that Heero was straight and had a thing against gays. `Damn it,' he thought, `Why are all the hot guys straight?' What he heard next shocked him.

"No I have no problem. I'm gay too. It just shocked me that you're so open about it."

"Really?"

"Hai."

"Hi?"

"It's Japanese for yes."

"Oh….OH."

Duo smiled when the words finally hit him. He didn't want to waste any time and went to ask him if he was single but the bell rang. He was slightly disappointed but figured he would see him again.

The others had been watching the exchange with smiles on their faces. They were happy that their friend might have found some one for himself. They all got up when the bell rang and threw away their food.

Heero stood and felt a little lost. He looked at his schedule and to see what his next class was. He knew where it was but it was the fact of navigating the crowds that scared him. Duo noticed that Heero was standing there with his schedule in hand but wasn't moving. Duo walked over to him.

"You okay Heero?"

"I don't like big crowds and I have to get to my next class."

Heero looked down ashamed to admit his fear. Duo felt bad for the boy. He seemed scared of most things. He didn't say anything or make fun of his fear. He just took his schedule and found Heero's next class.

"You have a class that's close to mine. Follow me, I'll show you a different way of getting there so you don't have to get through the crowds."

Heero smiled gratefully and followed Duo.

TBC

Did you like?