Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Midsummer's Night ❯ Midsummer's Night ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Midsummer Night

By Shinigami Yuy or Shin Yuy

GW Short Rating: PG-13 (for language only)

Disclaimer: I do not own GW nor do I have any intensions on using my fictions for the purpose of making money. To sue me would be a waste of your money and time… I however just write and hope for someone to be moved in the slightest by my words. Saa.. *Igzo! *<think Bassara… I don't own him either but he's got cool eyes!>

Warnings: slight shouden ai, mention of violence, angst, sorrow, strong languages Parings: 1x2<very tiny little itty bitty bit>

Archive: If it moves you to do so…*please *… if not... umm. Could you anyway?.. and if you want send to a friend or another ML… just please be sure to leave this top section there. I don't want anyone taking my hard work!

Notes: This was originally a one-page hand written thing that I have chosen to expand. Its from a 5min write on a poem that made me think of this… if you ever want a good poetry book look up Vinegar Bone…-SY

/thoughts/

"Speech"

*Emphasis on words *

{Flash back}

Night, darkness, and silence. Two things to find surrounding the pilot of Deathscythe was usual, but the third, silence, wasn't. Duo's thick black shirt lay beside the road, early half a mile behind him. He stood in his jeans and white shirt up to his hips in tall dewdrop covered grass. He breathed hard and deeply, it had been a long run from the house, to get away from the madness. He remembered passing by the field on the way here, knew that it was a good four miles from the safe house grounds, knew that no one would find him all the way on here unless they looked or bothered to worry.

Sighing he tipped back on his heels, hands folded behind his head and flopped onto the hard earth beneath him with a slight grunt. He blew out a puff of exasperated air, blowing his bangs clear of his big orchid eyes as he looked up at the sea of stars and the Cheshire smile of a moon smiling down at him. He smiled a little back, wondering which bright point close to the moon was L2. He just lay there, breathing in deeply, calming his racing heart, clearing his angered mind and letting it grasp onto what surrounded him.

The grass swayed around him, like a little fortress, dancing about in the warm summer breeze. He could see some of the dew reflect the moon's light on the grass, feel it on his thin clothing, soaking into the cotton along with the sweat that covered his body. He could smell the storm clouds a valley over, knew that they would hit where he was in a few hours but he didn't care. He tasted the metallic tang of the night air as he breathed though his mouth, as if trying to drink the muggy air. He heard crickets and saw lightning bugs start to come out, dancing above him near the top of the grass.

He thought of the reason he left. Yet another argument had risen up between the pilots of Wing and Shenlong, eventually pulling Heavyarm's stoic pilot into the fray. He could hear them all the way from the kitchen where he and Quatre had been making plans for some R&R if the weather was nice that evening. Stargazing would have been fun if Heero hadn't gotten the mission data back and orders for a new strategy. Duo knew that the emotions coming from three rooms away struck Quatre more then him. The blond had his hand over his heart; eyes shut tightly and burning with unshed tears. Duo had resolved to end the pointless squabble.

It wasn't the first and Duo knew with the growing pressure on them all it was far from the last too, but he was sick and tired of them doing it almost every night. So he walked in casually, acting as if he wasn't touched by the angry words. He tried to calm them all down but all the angst turned to him instead, redirecting the frustrations to him. Accusations, blame and words so strong it would have made any man crack under the pressure were thrown at him. It was about the fifth `baka' when he flipped out, hitting them all at once with one well placed backhand.

{"Bastards! Get your fucking brains back in place don't you realize what your doing to each other!!! This bickering is pointless! Fighting each other is as pointless as trying to breath underwater and hundreds of times more destructive!!!" His hands clenched in tight fists, blood oozing from his palms, eyes shut tight, tears spilling down his flushed cheeks, hair on end. They all blinked at him, none of them had seen Duo angry but this wasn't even close.

"What the hell would you know anyway…" * CRACK* WuFei fell flat on his ass from the force of Duo's second hit, trails of nail marks and Duo's blood smeared on his swollen cheek.

"Don't you *EVER *presume *ANYTHING *about me Chang WuFei! That goes for the rest of you too! This isn't some game scores you can bicker over about this is war Damnit! Until you get your heads out of those pretty little asses of yours and see that we should be working on the positive not the negative and together instead of against one another then count me out! I'm going SOL until you guys get your priorities straight! You ... all of you have *NO IDEA* of what is at stake in both this war and your stupid fucking idiotic excuses for a conversation!" He looked them all in the eyes, orchid flames of anger, frustration, pain, anguish and sorrow burned with great intensity.

"The crap you three have been tossing around here has been harmful enough to your selves let alone the rest of us! Are you all blind to the pain your causing the other two pilots in the group? For the last week there hasn't been a single night Quatre hasn't cried himself to sleep, or I haven't slept in the hanger because its far enough away I don't have to listen to you. Before you decide what to do with your measly, shitty excuses for pathetic strategizing and people skills, think about what you're doing… No wait let me rephrase that… **THINK!!!!!**" With that he turned, voice leaving due to his shouting and he headed or the door, he could feel Heero behind him, reaching for his braid. He snapped around and looked him in the eye.

"Anyone other then my nii-chan that follows me… I'll shoot... until you get your acts together I don't know any of you. **ANY OF YOU!**" He turned and took off out the door, shoes still on the floor.}

Duo had ran all the way down the dirt road to where he had ditched his shirt then into the field, all the way barefoot. He never did have a lot of shoes so he was use to the entire idea. He listened to the wind again, hearing the soft clickity-clack of a freight train in the valley below, its mournful whistle and engine's thrum adding to the thickly layered silence in the night.

His anger had drained away though the cold ground under him, leaving him with a surreal feeling of home instead. Amidst all of the insanity he had just gone though; he felt at peace, calm, soothed by the nighttime lullaby.

He reached up with one hand towards the moon; dragging it across his view as if across the sky to smear it, pull the stars along. Seeing the stars ramin in place he traced lines from one to another, chuckling slightly when he realized one of the eyes in the constellation was a firefly. It landed on his knee, twinkling like the stars before taking off again into the night.

He breathed in the night deeply, trying to savor this Midsummer's night dreamland that was wound around him like a cloak. He wished this could last forever. This feeling that threatened tears to his eyes, that made him feel nearly complete. Then he realized what he needed to finish him.

A shrill whistle split the night air like the crack of lightning though the valley on the other side of the mountain. He sat up to see Heero standing on a huge bolder in the field, his black shirt in his hand while the Wing pilot looked about for him.

Duo sighed, knowing that the moment was over, but that the peace was restored so he could pursue the missing parts to his soul. /Especially the one with cobalt eyes./ He waved, not speaking but walked over, joining Heero.

"Duo …"

Duo put his fingers to Heero's lips to silence him. Heero raised a quizzical brow.

"Just enjoying the simple pleasures a summer's night brings."

"Lets go home." With that Heero took Duo's hand rather unexpectedly… and walked all the way home that way.

OWARI

Ok that.. erm ended differently. C&C if you please its greatly appreciated… and I would like to know if I should write another short. Heh new category. GW Shorts. Well thank you for reading.