Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Miss Relena Solves A Crime ❯ the Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: They’re not mine. I don’t own them. I didn’t create them. I don’t secretly dream about Trowa suddenly appearing in my room at night and tearing all my clothes with his teeth.
A/N: I wrote this in part because I love stories where you have a vapid lead stumbling all over the place, partly because I desperately hate Relena... and partly because I thought it was time to give Relena a new start and a chance to evolve beyond her general obsession for stalking Heero. Hope you enjoy!
Miss Relena Solves a Crime
Alright, fine. I admit it.
I’m a little.... obsessed.
It’s not my fault really. I mean, how often do you meet a guy who threatens to kill you and then turns around and saves your life?
Then there’s the fact that he turns out to be one of four people who’ve made it their mission to bring peace to the colonies.
And then, there’s the spandex. How can you not love the spandex?
I smoothed the wrinkles in my skirt and gave Dr. Reese, my latest therapist, a pleasant smile.
I’d always wondered why they were called therapists. It’s such an odd word. What does therapy have to do with going to the bathroom? “Miss Relena?” I perked up in my seat.
“Yes?” I replied.
“Let’s talk about why you’re here.” he said. I slumped in my chair and glanced around. I really didn’t feel like talking about that.
“Did you know that ducks can’t walk without bobbing their heads?” I offered instead. He stared at me for a long moment and sighed.
“Miss Relena...” he chided me gently. “This is important. Please, focus. Why are you here?” I frowned, biting my lip. I stared down at my bright pink toenails.
“I.... have a.... problem.” I stumbled over the words. Dr. Reese gave me an encouraging smile.
“Good.” he said, writing something down on a notepad. I watched him curiously, wondering what he was doing. “Now, let’s talk about that.” I sighed reluctantly, shoulders falling in defeat.
“Well, I may.... I mean, I might’ve.... I sort of...” Why was I doing this? Why was I even here? I happen to be one of the sanest people in the world.
Sort of.
Possibly.
Maybe.
You get the idea.
“Go on...” Dr. Reese encouraged.
“Well...” I might as well say it. It’s going to come out eventually, anyway. “I might have stalked Heero a little.” Though stalking is really the wrong word to use. It’s not like he didn’t want me to. It’s just a game we play. You know, to keep each other on our toes.
Stalking? Ha!
“Anything else?” he asked, nodding to me. I frowned in thought.
“Well, no. I don’t think so.” I said. Dr. Reese leveled me with a glare.
“Miss Relena, what did we just discuss about being honest and facing our mistakes?” Dr. Reese asked. I sighed. Oh, yeah. That. It’d been so long since our last session together. A lot can happen in twenty-four hours, you know. It’s not like I remember every detail.
Exactly.
“Okay, fine.” I said. “I might’ve done some other stuff, too.”
“Like what, exactly?” he asked, his patience beginning to wear thin. How many therapists had I had in the past year? I glanced at the ceiling. I couldn’t remember.
“I might’ve... followed him to a bar.” I said reluctantly. The Blue Oyster. On the corner of 5th and K street.
It was such an odd place to find Heero, too. So many men in tight leather.
Oh, and Duo was there as well. “And?” Dr. Reese asked in annoyed voice.
“Alright, fine. I snuck in and slipped something in his drink.” I told him. Oh, like you wouldn’t have done the same thing in my position!
“Good.” Dr. Reese said. “We’re making progress.”
“Good.” I replied. “Does that mean we’re done?”
“No.” he snapped. “Miss Relena, I don’t think you understand.” he said seriously. I scoffed.
“What is there to understand?” I was in love!
“You nearly killed Heero when you tampered with his drink.” Dr. Reese said.
“Oh, come on. You can’t hold against me!” I said with a laugh. “I thought it was rohypnol. How was I supposed to know the guy I bought it from was actually an assassin working for a clandestine government organization who’d sent him there to kill Heero?” Dr. Reese gave me a skeptical look before taking off his reading glasses and rubbing his eyes. “Besides, that was then.” I told him. “I’m better now.” He practically howled with laughter at that one. “I am! I want to go home!”
“Miss Relena, why don’t you tell me exactly why I should let you return home?”
I got a happy smile on my face. I do so love a good story.